Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
Yeah you loving idiot how did you not know the details about this guy's life come on god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Brady posted:

Yeah you loving idiot how did you not know the details about this guy's life come on god

If he's checking their last post dates to make a thread about Lowtax "abandoning" the forums, that minor detail that's been going on for 9 months escaped OP somehow.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Scudworth posted:

They had a baby you loving idiot. They're kinda busy right now.

I understand. Someday soon, Lowtax will find out who the father is.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Brady posted:

Isn't SA's "headquarters" in Kansas City? I'll set up a Pokemon go meet there. Hopefully there's a gym or stops nearby so I can just spam lures all day and tell everyone who walks by how internet famous the dude is.

Not anymore they closed it

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Scudworth posted:

They had a baby you loving idiot. They're kinda busy right now.

eeerrr maybe they should take some lifehacks from wojtek?!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

End Of Worlds posted:

what exactly happened here

Since no one has stepped up..

To help moderate GBS a bit more, a plan was hatched to create an anonymous moderator account that one or more active, upstanding ppl could use to do mod stuff. Really early stages, this plan. So, one of the ppl considered for janitor duties was Win 98, because he had been sucking up to the K family constantly. If you know win 98, then you don't need any more info. If you don't know him, then the rest of the story is that he blabbed that he was going to be a mod and asked a bunch of good content ppl to try and make him look cool.

Spreading word around like that meant that someone w/ sense enough would eventually blab about the "lets give mod power w/o any accountability to the crazy guy who isn't funny or interesting in any way but desperately wants to be" plan, and someone used their parachute to post one of the PMs Win98 was floating around to prove his legit modship consideration. Everyone had a good chuckle at Lady A getting taken in by the charms of our resident shovel-wielding sociopath, and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

Unfortunately, we'll never know the true identity of that poster who spared us all from the fate of Win 98 probating and banning us for not liking his stupid crap, but rumor has it that he was hiding out at the time from a month long probation for "talking" about "tennis" in one of the "no go zones" when he decided to destroy the terrible dreams of the lovely shovelman.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ork of Fiction posted:

Since no one has stepped up..

To help moderate GBS a bit more, a plan was hatched to create an anonymous moderator account that one or more active, upstanding ppl could use to do mod stuff. Really early stages, this plan. So, one of the ppl considered for janitor duties was Win 98, because he had been sucking up to the K family constantly. If you know win 98, then you don't need any more info. If you don't know him, then the rest of the story is that he blabbed that he was going to be a mod and asked a bunch of good content ppl to try and make him look cool.

Spreading word around like that meant that someone w/ sense enough would eventually blab about the "lets give mod power w/o any accountability to the crazy guy who isn't funny or interesting in any way but desperately wants to be" plan, and someone used their parachute to post one of the PMs Win98 was floating around to prove his legit modship consideration. Everyone had a good chuckle at Lady A getting taken in by the charms of our resident shovel-wielding sociopath, and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

Unfortunately, we'll never know the true identity of that poster who spared us all from the fate of Win 98 probating and banning us for not liking his stupid crap, but rumor has it that he was hiding out at the time from a month long probation for "talking" about "tennis" in one of the "no go zones" when he decided to destroy the terrible dreams of the lovely shovelman.

their mistake was in trusting windows98 with anything but a shovel

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

The Bananana posted:

their mistake was in trusting windows98 with anything but a shovel

To be fair Win98's enthusiasm for the forums paired with an impartially "secret" identity imposed upon him could've made for a decent modship.

Leave it to a woman's intuition to scrap that trainwreck before it ever got to leave the station! :argh:

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i think lowtax should be open to the idea of me telling him how to live his life

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I think Lowtax should visit my How to be a Leader Thread in Ask/Tell

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Hahahahaah I just finished that Anonymous Confessions thread where the Large and In Charge dude himself stormed in outta nowhere to shut everything down after he read a "confession" saying some guy banged his (lowtax's) wife a whole bunch. As SA's founder declared the thread worthless and past its prime he quoted the story of his own self being brutally cvcked as an example of the op's failing comedy standards

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Cobweb Heart posted:

Hahahahaah I just finished that Anonymous Confessions thread where the Large and In Charge dude himself stormed in outta nowhere to shut everything down after he read a "confession" saying some guy banged his (lowtax's) wife a whole bunch. As SA's founder declared the thread worthless and past its prime he quoted the story of his own self being brutally cvcked as an example of the op's failing comedy standards

Wait, what?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Oh, I read it again, and I think I understand now.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

The Bananana posted:

I think Lowtax should visit my How to be a Leader Thread in Ask/Tell

If he has a functioning appendix he's already gone beyond you.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Scudworth posted:

If he has a functioning appendix he's already gone beyond you.

:'(

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

The Bananana posted:

Oh, I read it again, and I think I understand now.

Here check it out, last post, it's way funnier when I'm not explaining it

of course the best way to experience it is when you see the stupid story first posted, pages and pages back from the thread's end, and everyone ignores or mocks it.

there are 5000 worse and more unfunny stories in the thread, but he gets specifically pissy about being anonymously taunted

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
He should just ban everyone in one go then take a holiday

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lowtax? Who is that?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Don Tacorleone posted:

Lady Ambien is dang hot

They're probably busy making sex

Hot you say? and she married LT?

What's wrong with her then?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im gay

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

504 posted:

Hot you say? and she married LT?

What's wrong with her then?

it was a ploy to get gbs moderatorship. once they divorce i plan to swoop in. my forums enemies will tremble and you will be the first against the wall

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
If i were lowtax i'd shitpost incessantly and then murder any mod who banned me.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
all i want is for someone to permaban me. please. it's all i ask

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

fbsw posted:

all i want is for someone to permaban me. please. it's all i ask

Dead members get permabanned, so you could just kill yourself.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

I understand. Someday soon, Lowtax will find out who the father mother is.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I hope Lowtax discovers who he, himself is. As do we all.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
so when lowtax dies which kid gets to be mod first

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Who's in charge of front page content because I've sort of been trying to get some stuff on there for a while.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I like when Lowtax posts.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

Who's in charge of front page content because I've sort of been trying to get some stuff on there for a while.
Presumably Zack Parsons?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Lowtax streams games with his kids which sounds lame on paper but it's actually kind of sweet.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Son of Rodney posted:

Last post was at 6 of july, LadyAmbien on the 7th I think

I find it pretty funny how lowtax occasionlly comes back to the forums, tries to earnestly do some stuff, and then either gets fed up with the general gooniness of the place, or reaches whatever goal he has set and disappears again

its better when hes gone imho

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

opus111 posted:

eeerrr maybe they should take some lifehacks from wojtek?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZFI56qASDM

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

well we're probably due for tax's monthly "we're going to moderate the forums for real now guys lol" appearance

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
if my livelihood was based off a dead gay forum id probably try and make it not dead and gay :shrug:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
no one's gonna spend :10bux: to hang out with people too dumb to jump ship

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Whenever I post I say a small prayer for Lowtax and his family and let their spirits guide my post straight and true into the shitter

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Brady posted:

Isn't SA's "headquarters" in Kansas City? I'll set up a Pokemon go meet there. Hopefully there's a gym or stops nearby so I can just spam lures all day and tell everyone who walks by how internet famous the dude is.

not anymore, the office closed

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Don Tacorleone posted:

Lady Ambien is dang hot

They're probably busy making sex

So, this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lowtax is good

• Locked thread