Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
time isn't important unless you run a business that pays the employees an hourly wage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

BlueGhostie posted:

What about Zondaar, warp mage elite, master of Time and Space!

Do time and space count as elements?

This is v. Important, asking for a friend.

You have friends??? What is it like?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
*casts bigby's delicate hand*

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

magic is merely science without explanation, op

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

anyone know how to cast stone-to-flesh? pm me

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Hermetic sorcerer checking in though I prefer the term "magus" or plurl "magi". Sorcerer has had negative stereotypes attached like conjurer before it, now it makes people think of messing around with devilry. Whereas magi still holds something close to the traditional meaning in the minds of most people. Standard masculine pronouns are fine tho.

As a magus I enjoy inscribing circles, mathematic mysticism, pretending there are only 7 classes of base matter (fire water air earth light and dark (or life/death positive/negative anti-entropic/entropic etc) plus That Which Binds). I make pots too and a lot more of the art is grounded in various kinds of veneration than you'd expect. To know a thing is to love it.

Btw sorcerers are like witches. The longer they retain their virginity, the stronger their arts become. Jacking off is allowed though. It's a perfect occupation for goons.

I think chaos magicians are faggots. "gently caress da rules and centuries of hard won wisdom let's just slap poo poo together however the hell we feel like it". Fools. Their lack of foresight will be their undoing.

Someone asked about Crowley. He's a great example of one with the will and driving egocentricism it takes to be a solid user of the arts, but he never found any true learning. He got far enough to realize the golden dawn was mere buffoonery, but merely degenerated into base pleasures from there. He who seeks does indeed truly find, so he must not have really been seeking. Too bad. He could have lived a million years with his kind of power.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

LegoPirateNinja posted:

*casts bigby's delicate hand*

*casts Beaner's delicate hand*

This will only make sense if you live in Michigan, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, or Wisconsin.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
zagyg would kill all your wizards

trust

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

the witches are still waiting on that wizard blood, how many crows, cats and lesbian overwatch fanart do we have to send? Those ley lanes aren't gonna ley themselves.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

Space-Bird posted:

the witches are still waiting on that wizard blood, how many crows, cats and lesbian overwatch fanart do we have to send? Those ley lanes aren't gonna ley themselves.

Needs more eye of newt.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dude in the back is like Holy poo poo that wizard is loving HOT.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
what was the name of that irl Wizard University where the profs were all goonlords and dressed in robes

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Hey baby, I'm a neck romancer.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Zippy the Bummer posted:

what was the name of that irl Wizard University where the profs were all goonlords and dressed in robes

DeVry

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
lol

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

potions and alchemy are NOT MAGIC and have no place in this thread. how many times do i have to say this

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I found it!! http://www.greyschool.com/index.php?module=Faculty

Grey School of Wizardry

Headmaster: Oberon Zell-Ravenheart

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Grey School of Wizardry

Headmaster: Oberon Zell-Ravenheart

Please stop doxxing me.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

"Professor Opsopaus has practiced Magick and Divination since the 1960s, and his writings have been published in over 30 Magickal and NeoPagan magazines. He has designed the Pythagorean Tarot and written the comprehensive Guide to the Pythagorean Tarot. He lectures on Hellenic Magick and Neopaganism, Theurgy, Divination, etc. Dr. Opsopaus founded the Omphalos, a networking organization for Graeco-Roman Neopagans, and his Biblioteca Arcana website has won numerous awards. Dr. Opsopaus is a member of Hellenion, ADF, PEN, and Coordinator of the CAW Scholars Guild. He is listed under “Who’s Who in the Wiccan Community” in Gerina Dunwich’s Wicca Source Book. https://www.omphalos.org"

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Wizard Master

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Wizard Master posted:

Wizard Master

Welcome to our humble thread, sir, it's an honor to have you here. Please make yourself at home. Would you like a vodka-and-newt-tonic?

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005

Zippy the Bummer posted:

"Professor Opsopaus has practiced Magick and Divination since the 1960s, and his writings have been published in over 30 Magickal and NeoPagan magazines. He has designed the Pythagorean Tarot and written the comprehensive Guide to the Pythagorean Tarot. He lectures on Hellenic Magick and Neopaganism, Theurgy, Divination, etc. Dr. Opsopaus founded the Omphalos, a networking organization for Graeco-Roman Neopagans, and his Biblioteca Arcana website has won numerous awards. Dr. Opsopaus is a member of Hellenion, ADF, PEN, and Coordinator of the CAW Scholars Guild. He is listed under “Who’s Who in the Wiccan Community” in Gerina Dunwich’s Wicca Source Book. https://www.omphalos.org"

Is that dumbledoor

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
I wish that image was a higher resolution so I could read the titles of some of those books

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I saw that one he electrocuted a damned hotdog.

Then there was one where he sliced a banana without peeling it. I totally did that one at home.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

BTW I'm a witch is that cool?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

psychokitty posted:

BTW I'm a witch is that cool?

But not like in Harry Potter or like those Wiccan assholes.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I once was practicing casting spells in tge mirror and accidentally cast a diarrhea curse on myself

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

I'm going to cast invisibility on this text so I'm able to empty quote this picture

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Yeah im pretty sure wizards are learned and sorcerers are adept? Am I crazy for thinking this?

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I'm not a wizard but I listen to a lot of metal music which sometimes has wizards or dark anticosmic demonick majicks depending on the genre

Is this appropriate for this thread it'd be great if it was but if it's not I get it and it's totally cool no big deal :)

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Are dryads wizards or not?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Lime Tonics posted:

WUT no :ughh:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lime Tonics posted:

they can be, but the will take an experience penalty from the level adjustment. its not really worth it

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Nathilus posted:

Hermetic sorcerer checking in though I prefer the term "magus" or plurl "magi". Sorcerer has had negative stereotypes attached like conjurer before it, now it makes people think of messing around with devilry. Whereas magi still holds something close to the traditional meaning in the minds of most people. Standard masculine pronouns are fine tho.

As a magus I enjoy inscribing circles, mathematic mysticism, pretending there are only 7 classes of base matter (fire water air earth light and dark (or life/death positive/negative anti-entropic/entropic etc) plus That Which Binds). I make pots too and a lot more of the art is grounded in various kinds of veneration than you'd expect. To know a thing is to love it.

Btw sorcerers are like witches. The longer they retain their virginity, the stronger their arts become. Jacking off is allowed though. It's a perfect occupation for goons.

I think chaos magicians are faggots. "gently caress da rules and centuries of hard won wisdom let's just slap poo poo together however the hell we feel like it". Fools. Their lack of foresight will be their undoing.

Someone asked about Crowley. He's a great example of one with the will and driving egocentricism it takes to be a solid user of the arts, but he never found any true learning. He got far enough to realize the golden dawn was mere buffoonery, but merely degenerated into base pleasures from there. He who seeks does indeed truly find, so he must not have really been seeking. Too bad. He could have lived a million years with his kind of power.

Where were you when I was having my schizophrenic meltdownmagical awakening over a year ago?

Unrelated, but: self-taught Hermetic Channeler and Astral Druid checking in here: I ken, I grok, I shine, and I know a thing or two about magic. Love is key.

You say you find chaos magic users to be "faggots," however chaos magicians usually are either gay or at least bisexual, in that their practices tend to have a large emphasis on people achieving orgasms in order to fuel their rites and practices and to further their worldly desires. As you say though, the use of chaos magic always tends to carry a heavy bent towards satiating wanton lusts and base pleasures through extreme intoxication, excessive sexuality, and longterm depravity, which can and will often lead one into dire consequences. Those mad Fools.

In summary: Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll can all be potent yet dangerous sources of chaotic power*.
(*Yes, that means that alchemists' potions and bards' music can also count as forms of magic.)

Hail Satan all you want, but don't forget to Praise the Sun every once in a while.:cosmic2day:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

psychokitty posted:

I saw that one he electrocuted a damned hotdog.

Then there was one where he sliced a banana without peeling it. I totally did that one at home.

I hated the center of gravity one. He keeps saying "center lobe gravity", and the kid even calls him out like wtf are you saying, and finally they just give up because he's old or whatever.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

garfield hentai posted:

I'm not a wizard but I listen to a lot of metal music which sometimes has wizards or dark anticosmic demonick majicks depending on the genre

Is this appropriate for this thread it'd be great if it was but if it's not I get it and it's totally cool no big deal :)

Yer a wizzard, garfield hentai! No more will y'fear the tentacles of the lasagna monsters!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I would like to know more about wizard sleeves. Please advise.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

FogHelmut posted:

I would like to know more about wizard sleeves. Please advise.
Wizard Sleeves???:confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
I'm the type of wizard that eats mushrooms and shuts off all the lights/music and sits alone for 4 hours. Is that a wizard? That's me. I used my magic to bring a moonchild into existence in the form of my son. I kept his mother in emotional/physical isolation while she was pregnant and did all sorts of sex magic. Now I'm scared of my son. He's a force of nature and I'm not strong.

• Locked thread