Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Jets secondary gave me a couple heart attacks, hey no biggie. We got the W

Also holy poo poo ENUWA :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Jets are real fun to watch.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Just got out of the parking lot. Incredible game, glad the Jets managed to not gently caress up for a half and take the win. There were only a few dozen jets fans in the whole stadium. After the Forte touchdown the stadium went from full house to half empty within a minute.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah the Bills offense did score a lot of points but you have to give your defense a chance to rest.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Bills had like 3 big plays in a game of mostly poo poo, the Bills are bad

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Great game tonight. It was fun all the way to the end and also the Ryans are really dumb.

Who the gently caress is Quincy Enunwa?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just got back from the game. Never going back until the Bills clean house.

0-16 here we come

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Didn't see all of the game but I did appreciate the quality of the Twitter stream. Would have been better if both teams could have lost, but oh well.

In case you missed the subtext of that, go pats

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

Just got back from the game. Never going back until the Bills clean house.

0-16 here we come

I was going to roll my eyes at this but the 2008 Lions only lost 8 games by more than 10 points. Reach for the stars

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kavingi posted:

Didn't see all of the game but I did appreciate the quality of the Twitter stream. Would have been better if both teams could have lost, but oh well.

In case you missed the subtext of that, go pats

Never fear, they somehow manage to do the equivalent of that for you guys every year anyway.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Chichevache posted:

Great game tonight. It was fun all the way to the end and also the Ryans are really dumb.

Who the gently caress is Quincy Enunwa?

Big third string Jets receiver, basically a TE permanently out wide.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
How does Rob Ryan keep getting work!

Haha just kidding its nepotism. Not even just from his brother either - what are either of these assclowns doing in the NFL anymore? Does everyone still collectively feel bad that their dad died? He wasn't a good coach either. Worst family/coaching tree of all time.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/776624344181067776

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

God damnit McMagic was right

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Fudge posted:

How does Rob Ryan keep getting work!

Haha just kidding its nepotism. Not even just from his brother either - what are either of these assclowns doing in the NFL anymore? Does everyone still collectively feel bad that their dad died? He wasn't a good coach either. Worst family/coaching tree of all time.

The kicker is, I met Jets fans that still, to this day, insist he was the mastermind behind the 2000 Ravens defense even though Marvin Lewis was the actual defensive coordinator.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Magicpants posted:

The Brothers Ryan took arguably the best defense in the league 2 years ago and turned it into the lil Saints

Pretty much.

Watching the Ryans suffer is cool and good because they are loud and dumb.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ZenVulgarity posted:

God damnit McMagic was right

About what?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
So how did Ryan have those couple of good seasons on the Jets? Inherit a good roster that was temporarily just glad he wasn't Mangini?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

He inherited a good roster that was good in the exact ways necessary for a Rex Ryan gameplan to work, with the exception of Sanchez instead of like, Alex Smith.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

About what?

The enemies of Rutgers Athletics, obviously.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sean10mm posted:

So how did Ryan have those couple of good seasons on the Jets? Inherit a good roster that was temporarily just glad he wasn't Mangini?

A good roster that he slowly destroyed. Just like with the Bills.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

You know that thing where he refused to give the cornerbacks any safety help at all so he could do nonsense blitzes? Yeah, that works out okay when you have all-planet Darrelle Revis and not when you have merely decent cornerbacks.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Nevermind the almost complete unintentional sabotage of Sanchez's career. Sanchez got injured in a jets pre-season game playing with the backup offensive line, lol

Rex "Shoot, that was a dang good team!" Ryan

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Nevermind the almost complete unintentional sabotage of Sanchez's career. Sanchez got injured in a jets pre-season game playing with the backup offensive line, lol

Rex "Shoot, that was a dang good team!" Ryan

Enough about this. Sanchez sabotaged his own career by not being a good QB. Period.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I wouldn't wish a Brian Schottenheimer offense on my worst enemy

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

sean10mm posted:

He inherited a pretty good Jets roster - they would've easily been a playoff team the year before if Brett Favre didn't tear his biceps tendon up in I think December of 08? Aside for QB they were a pretty solid team with a few excellent players.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Pulling for the Bills to lose out for once rather than surging mid-year and collapsing to finish 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8 for the 90th straight season.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I wouldn't wish a Brian Schottenheimer offense on my worst enemy
Sparano was no picnic, either.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Has there been a better FA signing in the last 5 years in the NFL than Eric Decker? (who was a complete product of Peyton Manning, remember?)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

Has there been a better FA signing in the last 5 years in the NFL than Eric Decker? (who was a complete product of Peyton Manning, remember?)

Well, there's Peyton Manning.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Are you serious? That was in 2013. Sanchez was already demonstrably awful and was on his way out of town.

mcmagic posted:

Revis :smug:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
TJ Ward to the Broncos and Michael Bennett to the Seahawks come to mind almost immediately.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Peyton kinda screws up that last 5 years thing. He was obviously really goddamned good the first three years. Then he was awful, abysmal in the last year. But they won the Super Bowl, so what can you say?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Demarcus Ware and Emmanuel Sanders as well.

gently caress Denver

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Having said that I can say Von Miller (along with the rest of the Broncos defense) is dirty as hell.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
#Rexit

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 16, 2016

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ross Angeles posted:

Demarcus Ware and Emmanuel Sanders as well.

gently caress Denver
:smugdog:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anti-Broncos wise you have Elvis Dumervil who had an 18 sack season in 2014 for the Ravens.

Carson Palmer was a trade... but the Cardinals have Mike Iupati who's a great guard from the 49ers.

Probably worth throwing in though he's no dumervil, but Julius Peppers was a good pickup for the Packers.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

I like how you named the better FA signing in the post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Danny Woodhead is my favorite FA signing of all time

• Locked thread