Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

At first despair overtook her. She knew there had been a chance of this, but even being prepared for the blow did little to ease the sting. The moment of calm dread gave her the chance and moment she needed, however. Her head rose as her ears perked, and she slowly dismounted from the horse.

"There's something inside," she said quietly. "It's very faint, but there's something moving in the house. Elanis and I could scout ahead, but I'm not sure it matters. If we're all standing in an open field like this I'm not sure any of us will remain hidden for long. You'd better take the horses back, Seb. I want to believe that's her family in there, but it's not my place to bet their lives over it. Or your life either, now that I think of it." She strung her bow with a practiced hand, and only after a moment did she correct herself. "Oh, that's not to imply I care about the horses more than you, Seb! Just that I was asked specifically to bring them back alive and... I'm going to stop talking now." She nocked an arrow to try and ignore the heat in her cheeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Just as the party is moving on from the horse corpse, Karela shares her thoughts.

"There's some markings on the spear I don't know. I wouldn't expect a normal tribe. Some kind of offshoot clan, exiles maybe? Not sure."

At Ethrielle's suggestion, Karela takes a moment to think. The lizardfolk probably won't be using mounts, not to escape at least. She would prefer to charge in and overtake them, but if the rest of the party is going to be unhorsed, that plan won't work.

"Ethrielle, Elanis, Yraine, Lerissa, how close do you think you can sneak? If you can get in close, Hurri can charge in with me and Angharad - don't worry, Hurri's back is strong - and you can close in on their flanks. Either that or just back us up. We'll see how much trouble we end up in."

Silently, Karela hopes she won't have to run into anyone she knows. She doesn't expect any of the party will be in a particularly forgiving mood with whoever they find.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

"I can be quiet." Lerissa says, making sure to help Yraine off the horse if she needs it. "If you think it will be helpful, I can try to get closer and see what happens."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Elanis Dressant [sheet]

"I'll go forward too, see how close I can get," Elanis quietly says. As he's moving forward though, he stumbles over a rock and tumbles to the ground. He gets up as quietly as he can and shakes it off before proceeding towards the house.

Stealth: 1d20+13 14

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

That was her cue! She crept low and kept her eyes on the house. The fallen grass concealed a sinkhole, and she was unable to suppress a cry of alarm as her foot hit the ground a foot lower than expected. She sheepishly turned back to the rest of the group with an apology in her eyes. "Um, I don't think we're going to be able to sneak up on them..."

Stealth: 1d20+11 12

Two natty 1s on Stealth, this is not an auspicious start!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Yraine does not creep.

She does not skulk like some 2-bit imitation of a street thief. For one, it would be a lie. For another, she's awful at that- more conspicuous than doing what she is doing in its stead.

Instead, she is just walking, placidly, toward the hut. And the grass and debris seemingly parts in her path, and her steps are no more audible than the breeze.

Stealth: 1d20+2 18

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Lerissa is not above creeping, because total control of your body makes you train to avoid making even the slightest noise when possible, to avoid interruptions of meditation and practice. So Lerissa calls on that training as she sneaks to the house, holding her cloak close to her to avoid letting it rustle as she walks.

Stealth Roll: 1d20+12 16

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Angharad lightly clears her throat at Ethrielle and Elanis' pratfalls. Not the...best of starts. Slowly but surely, she turns to Karela and heaves a great shrug. "Might as well try".

The eladrin knows that sudden movement of any joint or limb on her body will produce a tell-tale clatter. So she doesn't make any. She simply steps between areas where she's obscured by the remaining walls, like still pictures of a stroll scattered through the field. All that tracks her progress are brief puffs of pale vapor, and the indignant *thump* of earth that must suddenly grow accustomed to her presence.

It's an old trick she used to catch hired spies in Fand. When she's near to the house she appears once facing her comrades, a finger raised to armor-concealed lips. Then her surprisingly silent march continues.

Stealth: 1d20+2 22

Well I'll be.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Hurri bristles as the group moves forward, sensing what is to come. Hearing this, Seb gathers the horses. "Good luck to ye. I hope you kill whatever did this." He's off before long, the small group of horses racing back to the town. Sticking to the trees, Yraine manages to stalk up to the outskirts of the farm while Angharad has somehow made it all the way to the building. Darkness is both your friend and enemy here, covering your presence while making you unable to see much of eachother. The three others, having spread out a little to avoid eachother's pratfalls, can't help but startle when Ethrielle yelps at her misstep.

A high-pitched whistle is the response, the first sign of anything outside your own group. Two lights explode out of thin air, blinding in their sudden appearance in the overwhelming darkness. Ethrielle and Lerissa's eyes are filled with stars, and their bodies wracked with pain. In the sudden flash of light, the others can see a hulking form charge forward, through a gap in the fences, swinging for Elanis - but the rogue is too quick on the draw, leaning back and letting the lizardman's spear swoop past. The creature snarls, and from inside, you hear a rumbling roar answer the chaos from outside. Two other figures hiss from the left and the right of the ambushed partymembers, though their bodies are hard to see once the light fades again.

Angharad: Having gotten closer to the house, you can hear the creature inside now. It seems to be rummaging through the house - or was, at least, until the melee started - and it sounds big. Really, really big.

Encounter time!

Lizardman Spy 1 attacks Ethrielle for 23 radiant damage. She is blinded, and takes 5 ongoing radiant damage (save ends both)
Lizardman Raider 1 charges to attack Elanis, but misses.
Lizardman Spy 2 attacks Lerissa for 16 radiant damage. She is blinded, and takes 5 ongoing radiant damage (save ends both)

Yraine is up!

Dark green squares are trees, which can be climbed to a height of 10ft. with an Athletics or Acrobatics check.
Brown line is fence, which can be hopped or broken through with an Acrobatics or Athletics check, but otherwise not passed.
Grey hatched squares are debris from the house. It is difficult terrain.
Full grey squares are the farmhouse. Creatures inside the farm house have total cover from creatures outside the farmhouse.

The area is completely dark. You can only see creatures adjacent to you, unless light sources appear. Hearing is not impeded, however, and you may make a free Perception check to locate the direction of enemies not adjacent to you. The light attack has allowed you to locate the lizardman currently visible.

pre:
Initiative Order
Init	Name	Location  HP    AC  Fort  Ref  Will   Conditions 

26 	Spy 1      C8   ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ??      10ft up.
26 	Raider 1   H11  ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ??    
25 	Spy 2	   I13  ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ??    
22      Yraine     D12  44/44   19   18   15   19   
19	??	   ??   ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ??  
17      Lerissa    G11  22/38   22   15   20   18      Blinded+5 ong radiant (save ends both)     
16	??	   ??   ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ??  
16      Elanis     I10  48/48   21   16   21   15    
14      Ethrielle  E10  13/36   19   15   19   19      Bloodied, Blinded+5 ong radiant (save ends both)
14      Karela     F4   42/42   22   20   17   19    
	Hurri      F3   58/58   17   16   14   14    
13      Angharad   D18  50/50   23   19   20   15    

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Calmness, my friends! These foes outmatch unarmed farmers, but their doom here is us."

The halo of her power flares into life around her head. "Be damned, foul ones! I strike thee with vengeance of blood! Rise, my comrades- their evil ends!"

With those words, Yraine wades into the two ambushing the fumbling monk and (former) thief with a vengeance, her halo flaring as she strikes them with the fear of those they have harmed.

Move to H12, going the long way to avoid AoO.
Ardent Surge used. Eth can use a surge and gain addtional 1d6 HP. She additionally gets +1 bonus to all defenses until EoMNT
Was going to use Demoralizing Strike Aug but that would hit Lerissa. So ignore that.
Instead, Yraine triggers Ire Strike - Lerissa gets a free MBA against the Raider and if she hits, it gains Vuln 2 against all damage until EoMNT.
Mantle of Clarity is active: Everyone within 5 squares of me gets +1 to defenses against AoOs and +2 to Insight and Perception. Pass into the iris.

pre:
Yraine   						 
HP: 44/44 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V:11)     For:  18    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5    	         Will: 19    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Draconic
Power Points: 5/5

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Energizing Strike       [ ] Adept's Insight                  [ ] Implanted Suggestion
Demoralizing Strike     [ ] Eldritch Strike                  
Ire Strike              [X][ ] Ardent Surge     
                        [ ] Ardent Alacrity
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Battle Awareness    
                        [ ] Sympathetic Agony

Item Powers
Casque of Tactics [ ]
Staggering Alhulak [ ]
Quicksilver Chainmail [ ]

Conditionals/Resists:
Flail Expertise: Choose to knock enemies prone instead of sliding.
Bolstering Surge: When I spend a healing surge, ally within my mantle gets 5 THP or saves
Wind of Sympathy: Ally in Mantle can use second wind when I do

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
From the house, a hulking form emerges. Even in the darkness, Angharad can see the monstrous creature, practically twice as tall as she is and three times as wide. The details of the creature are left for Yraine and Lerissa to find out, however, as it charges forward to the only thing it can see - her glowing halo - and slams her to the ground with boulder-like fists; only to be rebuffed by a swift strike that sends the monster stumbling back. She can feel something else. Raw, primal fury, radiating from the monster's mind like the heat of a sun. This thing might have been a lizard man once, but it is much more than that now. Once scaly hide has bulked and cracked, supplanted by rocky protrusions. Its head is squared and compact, opposed to the slender lizard-like mouths of the other foes, and teeth protrude from the blocky jaw like overgrown thorns. It roars so loudly the echoes might be heard back in Sharpeton itself, and slams its chest as if to dare you to strike.

Lizardman Mutant Brute moves out of the house and takes an opportunity attack from Yraine to charge into the fray. Yraine hits for 11 damage and slides him back 2.
Lizardman Mutant Brute attacks Yraine and CRITS for 25 damage, knocking her prone. doesn't attack.

Lerissa is up!

Dark green squares are trees, which can be climbed to a height of 10ft. with an Athletics or Acrobatics check.
Brown line is fence, which can be hopped or broken through with an Acrobatics or Athletics check, but otherwise not passed.
Full grey squares are the farmhouse. Creatures inside the farm house have total cover from creatures outside the farmhouse.
Yellow line is Yraine's Mantle of Alacrity. Allies within the zone get +1 to AoO, and +2 to Insight/Perception.

The area is completely dark. You can only see creatures adjacent to you, unless light sources appear. Hearing is not impeded, however, and you may make a free Perception check to locate the direction of enemies not adjacent to you.

pre:
Initiative Order

26 	Raider 1   H11  ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ??    
22      Yraine     H12  44/44   19   18   15   19      
19	Brute      F14 145/156  17   18   17   16  
17      Lerissa    G11  22/38   22   15   20   18      Blinded+5 ong radiant (save ends both)     
16	??	   ??   ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ??  
14      Ethrielle  E10  27/36   19   15   19   19      Blinded+5 ong radiant (save ends both)

Wahad fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 25, 2016

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

As Lerissa is blinded in the darkness, she covers her eyes- not fast enough to block, but in response-. As she takes her hands down, all she can see is stars and vague shapes, and as Yraine calls to her she swirls at her foe with a backhand, cracking him across the temple with a blistering hand. Even if she can not see, her eyes burn red with fury. She is about to continue her motion as she hears the large creature screams, and she bristles, waiting for an attack on either her or Yraine, even as she continues her motion to follow through on her backhand. But when the blow never comes, and she can't see the creature- or rather it's somewhat vague outline, she seems surprised, yet thankful.

"Thanks." she says to Yraine. "I can't see, though, so watch out." she calls as she continues her sinuous motion, swinging herself around and catching herself in a hand-stand as she swings down with a flame-wreathed leg in a powerful motion that misses, leaving nothing but an after-image of flames as she comes back to her feet and rubs her eyes furiously, attempting to regain her sight.

"I still can't see. Yraine, please tell me what to hit."

Melee Basic Attack- Blinded: 1d20+7 23 1d8+6 9
Blistering Flourish- Blinded: 1d20+6 12 1d8+7 8
Saving Throw: 1d20 1

pre:
Lerissa   						 
HP: 17/38 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 7/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +7   	 Ref:  20   Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 18    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will
Blistering Flourish
Steel Wind  
Desert Wind Flurry of Blows

Encounter	
[ ] Light The Fire
[ ] Burning Brand
[ ] Hellfire Heart
[ ] Dark Reaping
[ ] Second Wind

Daily	
[ ] Risen Sun
[ ] Supreme Flurry

Item Powers
[ ] Fireblood Ki Focus
[ ] Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor
[ ] Spidersilk Mantle
[ ] Flame Bracers (Heroic)

Conditionals/Resists:
Resist 5 Fire
Imperious Majesty: When hitting a Creature who has not yet acted, it takes -5 to attacks against me until EoNT
Unnatural Vitality: When dropping, remain conscious and dazed, but fall unconscious if failed death saving throw.
Undead: You are considered both a Living Creature and an Undead Creature

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 25, 2016

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The lizardman grunts with Lerissa's hit, and lets out a howl. From behind the house, you can hear heavy footfalls, and another lizardman joins the fray, moving past his big cousin and slipping his spear underneath Yraine's armor.

Lizardman Raider 2 comes from behind the house and hits Yraine for 7 damage.

Elanis, Ethrielle, Karela, and Angharad are up!

Yellow line is Yraine's Mantle of Alacrity. Allies within the zone get +1 to AoO, and +2 to Insight/Perception.

The area is completely dark. You can only see creatures adjacent to you, unless light sources appear. Hearing is not impeded, however, and you may make a free Perception check to locate the direction of enemies not adjacent to you.

pre:
Initiative Order

26 	Raider 1   H11  45/54   18   17   16   15    
22      Yraine     H12  37/44   19   18   15   19      
19	Brute      F14 145/156  17   18   17   16  
16	Raider 2   H14  ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ??  
14      Ethrielle  E10  27/36   19   15   19   19      Blinded+5 ong radiant (save ends both)

Wahad fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 25, 2016

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

"No more easy kills here!" Karela shouts into the darkness. "Not where the hooves of Vakevi stand!" With a fearsome cry, she and Hurri explode onto the battlefield, stampeding past Ethrielle to slam into the colossal lizardfolk. The air crackles around Karela's sword as she slashes the brute across the chest, right where it had issued its challenge a moment before. The ferocious attack sends the hulking creature reeling, and as warrior and goat come to a halt on the backswing of the blow, one of the other nearby lizardfolk can't help but take notice of the new, towering presence right on its flank.

Minor Action: Activate Form of the Fearsome Ram! Until the form ends, I get +2 to speed and attack rolls while charging and my at-will attacks push 1 square.
Move Action: Hurri moves to E5/F6
Standard Action: Hurri charges to F12/G13. Melee Basic Attack on the Brute. 1d20+16 = 23 vs. AC; 1d12+11 = 18 damage. Brute is pushed 1 space to F15/G16.
Free Action: Mark Raider 1 USoMNT.

pre:
Karela Hag's Daughter   						 
HP: 42/42 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 8/8 (V: 10)      For:  20    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Giant

Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs. AC; 1d12+6 damage.
Crit: +1d12 damage +1d6 lightning damage.

Thorn Strike            [ ] Heroic Effort                    [X] Form of the Fearsome Ram
Sunspray Dance          [ ] Healing Word                     [ ] Resurgent Strike
Warden's Fury           [ ] Bathed in the Light                 
Warden's Grasp          [ ] Healing Strike
                        [ ] Earthgrasp Strike
                        [ ] Form of the Fearsome Ram Attack

Item Powers
    Lightning Weapon At-Will: Free Action: Switch between lightning and normal damage.
    Acrobat Boots At-Will: Minor Action: Stand up from prone.
[ ] Lightning Weapon Daily: Free Action: When you hit, the target and each enemy within 
    2 squares of it take 1d6 lightning.

Conditionals/Resists:
Mounted Combat: While you are riding a creature, it can make any Athletics, Acrobatics, 
Endurance, or Stealth checks using your modifier in place of its own.
Battle Cleric's Lore: When you use a cleric power to let a target spend a healing surge, 
they gain +2 to attack rolls UEoYNT.
Nature's Wrath (Hybrid): Once during your turn, as a free action, mark one adjacent enemy USoYNT.
Font of Life: Roll a saving throw at the start of your turn.
Sunspray Warrior: Gain +1 to melee and ranged attack rolls while mounted.
Reinforcing Armor: When you take damage from a melee attack, gain a +1 item bonus 
to all defenses USoYNT.

------------------------------------------------------

Hurri   						 
HP: 58/58 (THP: )        AC:   17    
                         For:  16    Passive Perception: 18
                         Ref:  14    
Speed: 8     	         Will: 14    Vision: Low-light

Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs. AC; 1d6+5 damage.
Charger: A rider with Mounted Combat gets +5 to damage rolls on charge attacks.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Elanis Dressant [sheet]

Elanis silently slides up behind the lizardman directly beside him as it's occupied by Yraine and facing the other direction. He then shoves his dagger through a weak spot in its armor directly into its kidney. After withdrawing his blade and flicking the blood off, he crouches down and takes a moment to listen for other enemies nearby.

Move: Shift N 1
Standard: Piercing Strike vs Reflex: 1d20+13 27 1d4+7+1+2d8+2 26
Free: Perception: 1d20+10 28

pre:
Elanis Dressant   						 
HP: 48/48 (THP: )		AC:  21			Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 6/6 (V: 12)		Fort: 16		Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +1			Ref:  21		Action Points: 1
Speed: 7			Will: 15		Vision: low-light

Basic Attacks
MBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+4
RBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+7

At-Will				Encounter			Daily
Piercing Strike			[ ] Action Point		[ ] Press the Advantage
Clever Strike			[ ] Second Wind
				[ ] Elven Accuracy                   	
				[ ] Disciplined Counter        
				[ ] Dazing Strike
				[ ] Tumble
				[ ] Low Slash

Item Powers
[ ] Gloaming Leather Armor (Encounter)
[ ] Gloves of Piercing (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists
Reactive Stealth: Can make Stealth check to hide if I have cover or
		concealment when rolling initiative 
Light Blade Expertise: +1 to damage when attacking with CA
Brutal Scoundrel: Add Str mod to Sneak Attack damage
Backstabber: Sneak Attack dice are d8s

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 26, 2016

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

She could hardly believe she had messed up so badly. She could hear the enemies but could not see them. But Yraine's healing flowed over her and calmed her nerves. She could deal with this. Moving carefully, she whispered a prayer to her goddess, the exact words having long since been lost to the shifting sands of memory but the intensity of the devotion no less potent. It was impossible to miss the large creature's bellows, so she aimed the divine energy in that direction. A splitting headache and waves of fatigue flooded through her body from being used as a conduit for so much power. At least the flashing lights went away...

Move: to F12
Standard: Silent Malediction to Raider 2, Spy 2, and Brute.
Silent Malediction vs Fortitude: 3#1d20+8 28 CRIT! 19 24
On a hit it does 2d6+5 12 damage to Spy 2 and Brute and 17 damage to Raider 2, and inflicts Stun (Save Ends). On a miss it does half damage and the enemy is dazed UEoMNT.
I am dazed UEoMNT.
Saving Throw: 1d20 15

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 22/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 6/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light

Twin Strike             [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [x] Silent Malediction
Grasping Shards         [ ] Second Wind                   
Hunter's Quarry         [ ] Whispers of Defeat        
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [ ] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Armor

Conditionals/Resists:
My ranged and area attacks do not provoke opportunity attacks.
I get a +1 bonus to all defenses vs. ranged attacks from 5 or more squares away.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all weapon attacks performed through the Greatbow
	of Frost deal cold damage and gain the damage bonus from Silvery Glow.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Angharad patiently sidles around the giant lizardman, more curious than afraid. When is the right time to strike? A foul mix of stenches provides the answer. She charges at the very instant that goat and mutant collide, her armor clanging like a chorus of bells, surging through the gap formed by Hurri's impact with hammer held high. Her momentum crashes Gramd-first against one of the smaller lizard-men.

But her sights are set larger. The woman lifts her weapon off the unfortunate skull of her target, and raises it aloft for the mighty brute to see. "Haha! Whatever you are, tonight you face Stalwart Angharad! Prepare yourself!"

Minor: Defend the Line Stance
Move: Going to D14
Standard Action: Charge to H14, MBA against Spy 2 1d20+12=21 vs AC for 2d10+8=17 damage and Slowed until EoMNT

Raider 2, Spy 2, and Brute are now in Defender Aura

pre:
Stalwart Angharad   						 
HP: 50/50 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 12/12 (V: 12)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light

Feywild Guardian         [ ] Glowering Threat                     
Glimmering Blade         [ ] Power Strike                   
Defend the Line          [ ] Fey Step        
Defender Aura            [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[]Plate Armor of Dwarven Vigor

Conditionals/Resists:
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 to sq. to push and slide attacks with hammer and mace
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against slowed or immobilized targets
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Badge of the Berserker: When you charge, your movement made as part of the charge doesn't provoke Opportunity Attacks.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
While the smaller guy on the fence is left reeling from Ethrielle's outburst, his bigger cousin - still bleeding from Elanis' dagger - turns to the newly appeared goat and strikes one of Hurri's legs with his tail. Despite the goat's stability, the precise strike makes the creature buckle and fall, taking Karela with him. The rugged rider fails to hold on, and tumbles off to the stunned Brute's feet. Now seeing an opportunity, the raider strikes the exposed underbelly of the poor goat, who bleats out in pain.

Elanis: You hear the lizards hissing and growling. To the north, something moves in the canopies of the trees. You hear something else, too - the massive creature, paralyzed by Ethrielle's blast of energy, is moaning and grunting under its breath, sounding almost like the pleas of something frightened and despairing.

Lizardman Spy 1 disappears.
Lizardman Raider 1 strikes Hurri as a minor action, knocking him prone. Karela fails her save, dismounts, and falls prone as well. Raider 1 strikes Hurri with an MBA for 12 damage.
Lizardman Spy 2 saves against SIlent Malediction.

Yraine is up!

pre:
Initiative Order

26 	Spy 1      ??   41/41   18   14   16   15     Invisible
26 	Raider 1   H11  19/54   18   17   16   15     Bloodied, Mark (Karela)
25 	Spy 2	   I13  12/41   18   14   16   15     Bloodied, Def.Aura(Angharad), Slowed.
22      Yraine     H12  37/44   19   18   15   19      
19	Brute      F15 115/156  17   18   17   16     Stun (SE)
17      Lerissa    G11  22/38   22   15   20   18     Blinded+5 ong radiant (save ends both) 
16	Raider 2   H13  37/54   18   17   16   15     Stun (SE)
16      Elanis     H10  48/48   21   16   21   15    
14      Ethrielle  F12  27/36   19   15   19   19     Dazed
14      Karela     F14  42/42   22   20   17   19     Prone.
	Hurri      F12  46/58   17   16   14   14     Prone.
13      Angharad   H14  50/50   23   19   20   15    

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Yraine smiles at the lizards surrounding her. "Thank you for this."

She spins to the south and continues the motion with a vicious sweeping strike, slamming two of the lizards with the very fear they sough to spread. "Feel the fear you dared to spread, evil creatures."

Shift down to I12, Demoralizing strike Aug 2
Demoralizing Strike vs AC: 1d20+11 15 1d20+11 30 1d20+11 28 1d8+6 10

Hit on R2, S2, both take a -4 penalty to all defenses UEoMNT

pre:
Yraine   						 
HP: 37/44 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 15
Power Points: 3/5

Energizing Strike       [ ] Adept's Insight                  [ ] Implanted Suggestion
Demoralizing Strike     [X] Eldritch Strike                  
Ire Strike              [X][ ] Ardent Surge     
                        [ ] Ardent Alacrity
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Battle Awareness    
                        [ ] Sympathetic Agony

Item Powers
Casque of Tactics [ ]
Staggering Alhulak [ ]

Conditionals/Resists:
Bolstering Surge: When I spend a healing surge, ally within my mantle gets 5 THP or saves

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

When the lizardman lashes out at Hurri, he leaves himself open from above. Karela slashes downward at her foe. While it looks at first like the blow will fail to land, Karela leans into it, clutching at a patch of Hurri's hair. Hurri lets out an annoyed snort, but Karela's blade forcefully hits home. The unfortunate lizardman is sent twisting and staggering to avoid leaving his feet.

"To your right, Lerissa! Finish him!"

Immediate Interrupt: Warden's Fury targeting Raider 1: 1d20+13 = 15, missing, but not on my god drat watch. Pop Heroic Effort for +4, result is 19 vs. Fort. Raider 1 takes 15 damage, is pushed 1 square to G10 (from Form of Mountain Ram), and grants CA UEoMNT.

pre:
Karela Hag's Daughter   						 

Thorn Strike            [X] Heroic Effort                    [X] Form of the Fearsome Ram
Sunspray Dance          [ ] Healing Word                     [ ] Resurgent Strike
                        [ ] Earthgrasp Strike
                        [ ] Form of the Fearsome Ram Attack

Item Powers
    Lightning Weapon At-Will: Free Action: Switch between lightning and normal damage.
[ ] Lightning Weapon Daily: Free Action: When you hit, the target and each enemy within 

Conditionals/Resists:
Mounted Combat: While you are riding a creature, it can make any Athletics, Acrobatics, 
Battle Cleric's Lore: When you use a cleric power to let a target spend a healing surge, 
Nature's Wrath (Hybrid): Once during your turn, as a free action, mark one adjacent enemy USoYNT.
Reinforcing Armor: When you take damage from a melee attack, gain a +1 item bonus 
to all defenses USoYNT.

Hurri   						 
HP: 58/58 (THP: )        AC:   17    

Wol fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 29, 2016

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The lizardman snarls, and steps back into the fray to strike at Hurri anyway. Meanwhile, the brute's moans and grunts become louder for a moment, and it seems for a moment that he might collapse to the ground and start sobbing like a cowering child; but then a strange clarity comes over the creature, only for rage to fill the void. He roars again, fists slamming into the ground like cannonballs, and rears himself for another strike.

On his turn, after Karela's interrupt, Raider 1 shifts back to H11 after being pushed, and continues his attack on Hurri as normal. Goat and Karela are not prone.
Lizardman Mutant Brute saves against Silent Malediction.

Lerissa is up!

pre:
Initiative Order

26 	Raider 1   H11  4/54   18   17   16   15     Bloodied, Mark (Karela), Grants CA
25 	Spy 2	   I13  2/41   18   14   16   15     Bloodied, Def.Aura(Angharad), Slowed, -4 to all Defenses.
22      Yraine     I12  37/44   19   18   15   19      
19	Brute      F15 115/156  17   18   17   16     Def.Aura(Angharad)
17      Lerissa    G11  17/38   22   15   20   18     Bloodied, Blinded+5 ong radiant (save ends both) 
16	Raider 2   H13  27/54   18   17   16   15     Bloodied, Stun (SE), Def.Aura(Angharad) -4 to all Defenses.
14      Karela     F14  42/42   22   20   17   19     
	Hurri      F12  46/58   17   16   14   14     

Wahad fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 30, 2016

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Lerissa can, in fact, still not see anything as she stumbles around in the darkness. She doesn't feel safe moving anywhere while she can't see anything, but she grows frustrated. A ball of fire like a swirling sun is created at her chest as she breathes sinuous trails of fire out of her mouth to curl around it, gathering in size and intensity. When the ball reaches an appropriate size, she grasps it between her hands and hurls it towards where she believes her enemies- or rather, where she can see her one enemy and assume where the rest are-, sending a wave of fire out of her to wash over her foes and leave her friends unharmed. The fire blisters, pops, and scorches her foes, turning two into piles of ash and the other crisp. But the fire in her heart is not deterred, and the fire seems to leap alive to drag the remaining creature down as well with redoubled effort. As the last of the three is consumed to the ashes, she has to pause to try and catch her breath. But the release of her inner fire has seemed to clear her eyes as she raises herself back into her stance, her eyes blistering red; a little worse for wear, but still kicking, invigorated by the flames that she unleashed, they flee back from the charred ashes and curl around her hands and legs as she starts to turn her attention to the largest foe.

"Whose Next?"

Risen Sun on Raider 1, Raider 2, and Spy 2: 3#1d20+11 19 26 22
Risen Sun damage: 2d6+8 19
This kills all of the targets Except Raider 2, who has 5 ongoing Fire Damage (Save Ends). I'll Proc Hellfire Heart on him since I hit him to do 6 more Damage (1 + Primary Ability), then on his turn, which is next, he takes 5 Ongoing Fire Damage and dies.
Saving Throw: 1d20 13
And with the enemy dying I can activate Dark Reaping, adding 1d8+3 to my next attack before the end of my next turn. I also have an Aura 1 until the end of my next turn that any enemy that enters the aura or ends it's turn there takes 5 fire damage, maximum of once per turn.

pre:
Lerissa   						 
HP: 12/38 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12

At Will
Blistering Flourish
Steel Wind  

Encounter	
[ ] Light The Fire
[ ] Burning Brand
[x ] Hellfire Heart
[x ] Dark Reaping
[ ] Second Wind

Daily	
[x ] Risen Sun
[ ] Supreme Flurry

Item Powers
[ ] Fireblood Ki Focus
[ ] Spidersilk Mantle

Conditionals/Resists:
Resist 5 Fire
Imperious Majesty: When hitting a Creature who has not yet acted, it takes -5 to attacks against me until EoNT
Unnatural Vitality: When dropping, remain conscious and dazed, but fall unconscious if failed death saving throw.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The lizardmen fall easily under Lerissa's fiery explosion, but the brute doesn't seem to care, almost seeming to beckoning you to come for him (if you can see him). From the trees, you hear a yelp of surprise - looks like the invisible one doesn't seem quite as unfazed.

All lizardmen except Brute and Spy 1 die.

Elanis, Ethrielle, Karela and Angharad are up!

pre:
Initiative Order

19	Brute      F15 115/156  17   18   17   16     Def.Aura(Angharad)
17      Lerissa    G11  12/38   22   15   20   18     Bloodied
14      Karela     F14  42/42   22   20   17   19     
	Hurri      F12  46/58   17   16   14   14     

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Elanis Dressant [sheet]

Elanis takes a moment to marvel at Lerissa's slaughtering of the lizardfolk. "Good hit!" he quietly exclaims to her before rushing around behind the brute and placing a dagger in his back. He then pauses for a second, trying to locate the missing lizardman by sound.

Move: diagonal to d14, over to d16, diagonal down to e17
Standard: Piercing Strike vs Reflex: 1d20+13 18 +2 for CA = 20; 1d4+7 10 Sneak Attack Damage: 2d8+2+1 11 = 21 damage
Free: Perception: 1d20+10 22

pre:
Elanis Dressant   						 
HP: 48/48 (THP: )		AC:  21			Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 6/6 (V: 12)		Fort: 16		Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +1			Ref:  21		Action Points: 1
Speed: 7			Will: 15		Vision: low-light

Basic Attacks
MBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+4
RBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+7

At-Will				Encounter			Daily
Piercing Strike			[ ] Action Point		[ ] Press the Advantage
Clever Strike			[ ] Second Wind
				[ ] Elven Accuracy                   	
				[ ] Disciplined Counter        
				[ ] Dazing Strike
				[ ] Tumble
				[ ] Low Slash

Item Powers
[ ] Gloaming Leather Armor (Encounter)
[ ] Gloves of Piercing (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists
Reactive Stealth: Can make Stealth check to hide if I have cover or
		concealment when rolling initiative 
Light Blade Expertise: +1 to damage when attacking with CA
Brutal Scoundrel: Add Str mod to Sneak Attack damage
Backstabber: Sneak Attack dice are d8s

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Her head was still swimming from her last attack, but she managed to sink two arrows into the hulking monstrosity in quick succession. As the last of her dizziness left her, she listened carefully for the one that must have hit her with that flash attack. It must be hiding somewhere near here...

Standard: Twin Strike to Brute.
Twin Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 25 1d12+3 6
Twin Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 24 1d12+3 8
14 damage total.
Free: Perception check to find Spy 1. Perception: 1d20+13 31

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 22/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 6/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23

Twin Strike             [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [x] Silent Malediction
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [ ] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:
I get a +1 bonus to all defenses vs. ranged attacks from 5 or more squares away.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all weapon attacks performed through the Greatbow

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

The lizardfolk to Karela's right all burst into flame, falling to ashes in the wake of Lerissa's attack. Pretty impressive attack for a blind woman, but Karela's mind is elsewhere. The big brute seems to be in far greater pain than she and her companions have inflicted on it, and a pang of pity passes through her. Her first priority is still to stop the lizardfolk from hurting anyone else, but she can't help but wonder, now, exactly what's going on with her massive opponent.

"Alright, boy, let's get you dealt with. Let's go, Hurri!"

Hurri springs into action, darting around to the other side of the brute before slamming into it a second time. Karela deals the creature a glancing blow, but the force of Hurri is still enough to carry the lizard away and smash it into a nearby tree. Now it won't be going anywhere, at least.

Minor Action: Healing Word on Ethrielle. Ethrielle can spend a healing surge, gain +1d6 HP, and gets +2 to attack rolls UEoMNT.
Standard Action: Form of the Fearsome Ram Attack! Hurri shifts 5 squares to G17/H18, melee attack vs. Brute's AC. 1d20+13 = 25; 2d12+6 = 9 damage. Push the Brute to D13/E14, knock Brute prone. Hurri shifts to D15/E16.
Move Action: Hurri shifts to C15/D16.
Free Action: Mark the Brute.
Free Action: Nature check to see if I know why Brute is all big and weird: 1d20+9 = 29

pre:
Karela Hag's Daughter   						 

Thorn Strike            [X] Heroic Effort                    [X] Form of the Fearsome Ram
                        [ ] Earthgrasp Strike
                        [X] Form of the Fearsome Ram Attack

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:
to all defenses USoYNT.

Hurri   						 
HP: 46/58 (THP: )        AC:   17    

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Angharad, focused on the giant in front of her, instinctively raises her shield against the sudden blast of heat. When it fades, the smell of burnt flesh and the crumpling form of the brute tell her all she needs to know. "Hah, a fine show."

She turns to stare straight into the defiant eyes of the Brute. Her great boot stomps the earth in front of her while her hammer stabs towards the monster's face. And with shouted threats that tear through the air, she forces her challenge through whatever barriers lie between them. "If any pride still burns in you, get up! Face me as a warrior to the end!" There is respect in her words.

Once again she rushes forwards, Gramd striking downward against the brute's side, shattering flesh and bone on its unerring path. Dirt and turf are flung meters into the air when it finally embeds itself into the earth. And within a second, it is raised to attack once more.

Move: Moving to F13
Minor: Using Glowering Threat, all enemies in Burst 2 have -5 to attack anyone but me until EoMNT, stacks with Def. Aura
Standard: Power Strike on Brute=23 for 26 damage, Slowed until EoMNT

pre:
Stalwart Angharad   						 
HP: 50/50 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 12/12 (V: 12)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light

Feywild Guardian         [x] Glowering Threat                     
Glimmering Blade         [x][ ] Power Strike                   
Defend the Line          [ ] Fey Step        
Defender Aura            [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[]Plate Armor of Dwarven Vigor

Conditionals/Resists:
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 to sq. to push and slide attacks with hammer and mace
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against slowed or immobilized targets
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Badge of the Berserker: When you charge, your movement made as part of the charge doesn't provoke Opportunity Attacks.

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 31, 2016

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The brute wails under the combined assault of the group. But the little guy has his back, reappearing in the trees with another blinding flash of light that explodes practically *in* Angharad's helmet. The scrawny lizard jumps down from his canopy perch, then starts running. Looks like he's not planning on sticking around.

Karela: The Brute has clearly been altered. In the wounds, you can see the gigantic muscles, now engorged as if inflated with sheer power. The rocky hide is littered with the remnants of what once were smooth scales. But most tellingly, the eyes tell a different tale. This is not an intelligent creature, like the other lizards. He might not even be fully in control of himself anymore.

Lerissa heals for 12.

Spy 1 reappears and attacks Angharad for 18 damage. Angharad is blinded and takes 5 ongoing radiant damage (save ends both). Spy 1 moves further away, jumping down to the ground.

Yraine is up!

pre:
Initiative Order

26 	Spy 1      C2   41/41   18   14   16   15     
19	Brute      F15  45/156  17   18   17   16     Bloodied, Marked (Karela), -5 to attacks without Angharad, Slowed, Prone.
17      Lerissa    G11  12/38   22   15   20   18     Bloodied
16      Elanis     E17  48/48   21   16   21   15    
14      Ethrielle  F12  36/36   19   15   19   19     
14      Karela     F16  42/42   22   20   17   19     
	Hurri      F16  46/58   17   16   14   14     
13      Angharad   F13  32/50   23   19   20   15     Blinded+Ong 5 Radiant (Save ends both).

Wahad fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 31, 2016

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Stand, Lerissa. I must pursue our fleeing foe."

With those encouraging words, and a subtly boost of morale, Yraine exits the brute combat and descends upon the fleeing spy like the wrath of god.

Her voice reverberates with conviction - "You shall not flee from your evil, villain lizard!" and the spy finds itself struck to the floor. Yraine's dangerously placid expression stares down at it. "Cowards will die along with their deeds."

Remaining Ardent Surge is used on Lerissa.
Yraine charges to C3 and hits the spy.

Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+11 31 1d8+6 13
CRITICAL! So he takes
Crit damage: 1d6 3
17 total damage and is knocked prone.

pre:
Yraine   						 
HP: 37/44 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 15
Power Points: 3/5

Demoralizing Strike     [X] Eldritch Strike                  
Ire Strike              [X][X] Ardent Surge     
                        [ ] Ardent Alacrity
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Battle Awareness    
                        [ ] Sympathetic Agony

Item Powers
Casque of Tactics [ ]
Staggering Alhulak [ ]

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Battered under the combined assault of the party, the brute slowly rises after being driven into the ground. Its breath is heavy, and labored, and there's blood everywhere across its craggy hide. But he's still standing. And no longer stunned.

Answering the knight's challenge, two blows ring against Angharad's armor like a churchbell, denting it with the sheer force behind the arms. She manages to duck one more, but the final haymaker comes down on her head and drives her into the ground. Motionless. The massive monster roars triumphantly, even as battered as he is. You know what they say, never corner an animal.

On the other side of the battlefield, the little runner scrambles back after being knocked down, pleading in some language. Yraine: "No! Mercy!" he cries out in Draconic. It's not a dialect you are familiar with, but you can understand the words more or less. "Please! Command given, Dirthak obey! Mercy!"

Lerissa heals for 12. Yes, I rolled the same result as before.

Brute stands up and attacks Angharad with a double attack, hitting both for 21 damage. Brute spends an Action Point for another double attack, hitting with one for an additional 13 damage. Angharad falls unconscious.

Everybody but Yraine is up!

pre:
Initiative Order

26 	Spy 1      C2   25/41   18   14   16   15     Prone
19	Brute      F15  45/156  17   18   17   16     Bloodied, Marked (Karela), Slowed.
17      Lerissa    G11  24/38   22   15   20   18     
16      Elanis     E17  48/48   21   16   21   15    
14      Ethrielle  F12  36/36   19   15   19   19     
14      Karela     F16  42/42   22   20   17   19     
	Hurri      F16  46/58   17   16   14   14     
13      Angharad   F13  -8/50   23   19   20   15     Unconscious, Blinded+Ong 5 Radiant (Save ends both).

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"Oh no you don't!" she shouted as she let a quick arrow fly. It buried into the beast's arm just as it was about to deal a crippling blow, turning its fist aside and leaving Angharad standing... though just barely. With practiced calm she loosed two more arrows at point-blank range to join it before circling around the creature. Now that she had its attention, she hoped Elanis saw the opportunity before those giant hands came at her.

Immediate Interrupt: Disruptive Strike to the Brute, as it attacks Angharad.
Disruptive Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 21 1d12+7 15
As per IRC conversation, this interrupts the 12 damage attack and gives it a retroactive -7 penalty to the attack roll, turning it into a miss. Angharad is still standing!

Minor: Hunter's Quarry, the Brute takes an additional +1d6 damage the first time I hit it with a ranger attack power each round.
Standard: Twin Strike, with +2 from Angharad's healing.
Twin Strike vs AC: 1d20+10+2 22 1d20+10+2 29 1d12+3 5 1d12+3 13 1d6 6
Two hits and HQ for a total of 24 damage.
Move: Shift to E12.

Somebody finish this one off!

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 34/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 5/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23

[ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [x] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 31, 2016

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Invigorated by Yraine's healing, Lerissa turns her attention to the brute. She moves around- burning eyes and flaming limbs leaving a trail in the darkness as she circles around before she herself appears again, launching herself into the air and towards the creature with tremendous force, soaring through the air like a falling star, fire concentrated around her foot. When it connects with the Brute's head, it sears and melts instead of burns; her foot cuts through his entire head, and leaves a stump of a neck already cauterized closed. There is not a drop of blood on Lerissa that isn't her own as the fire in her eyes dulls out from being used.

circling around to gain combat advantage before striking
Blistering Flourish, Combat Advantage, Dark Reaping: 1d20+13 32 2d8+10 25

pre:
Lerissa   						 
HP: 12/38 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12

At Will
Blistering Flourish
Steel Wind  

Encounter	
[ ] Light The Fire
[ ] Burning Brand
[x ] Hellfire Heart
[x ] Dark Reaping
[ ] Second Wind

Daily	
[x ] Risen Sun
[ ] Supreme Flurry

Item Powers
[ ] Fireblood Ki Focus
[ ] Spidersilk Mantle

Conditionals/Resists:
Resist 5 Fire

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The Brute's raging battlecries fall silent once the meteor that is Lerissa strikes the fatal blow. The huge, battered body wobbles dangerously as the head rolls off next to Hurri's feet, remaining standing only, it seems, on pure yet dwindling feral rage. But then, the beast falls, like a massive tree, almost flattening the wounded Angharad under its bulk. For a moment, there's silence. The lizardman at Yraine's feet looks in the distance, past her...then back up. A nervous swallow is practically audible as the creature considers his options. But he doesn't move. When some of the party starts coming closer, he shirks back in fear. He's given up.

Yraine: "Mercy?" comes the quiet plea.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Saving Throw vs. Radiance: 16 Remains "standing" with 5 health after Ethrielle's interrupt

Angharad may be crushed beneath her erstwhile foe, but she is lucky enough that her head remains in the open. In due time the spinning gray chaos that was the world around her coalesces into a field of singed grass. What has happened? The diamond-shaped crest adorning her headgear quickly perks up as she processes this question. Clever move by those lizardfolk, she must admit.

She wriggles a bit towards her comrades. "Oh, don't worry about me. I've most certainly lived through worse." Her right hand cautiously emerges from the sticky mass of brute, and drags the rest of her body out the old-fashioned way.

Once standing, she lays a silent hand upon the fallen monster's shoulder. The massive dents in her spaulders have left an arm stiffly locked to her side, and one leg is forced to drag the mass of the other as she hobbles forwards. Yet her composure is unaffected; she even shows the cowering lizardfolk an empty palm to accept his surrender.

One last point remains. "Ethrielle! Ethrielle Syvan. If memory serves, you've won yourself free drinks for a week. Top shelf to bottom, anything you might fancy. I thank you."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

She approached the final lizardman cautiously, arrow nocked but not drawn. It did not appear to be hostile, and even if it were any further fighting on its part would go very poorly for it. Her eyes shifted to each of her companions in turn. "Does... anyone know what it's saying?"

Angharad's call jolted her. She fought a blush rising in her cheeks as she waved off, "Oh, you don't have to do that! I just saw a shot and took it; anyone else would have done the same. You've saved me lots of times and it's only fair I return the favor every so often." Ethrielle had purchased drinks for Angharad when she saved her life in the past, but it was impossible to tell whether the elf was choosing to ignore this or had forgotten it entirely. There was something she had not forgotten, though. "Besides, I'm the one that got their attention in the first place. We might not have gotten jumped if I hadn't shrieked like that..."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"They ask mercy, friend Ethrielle. I am inclined to grant that much," says Yraine, in a tone that suggests anyone with objections will also soon find themselves asking for mercy.

In strongly accented Draconic, Yraine addresses the cowering lizard. "You have my word; you are my ward. What brings raids 'pon this small village?"

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Elanis Dressant [sheet]

Seeing that the runner is being dealt with, Elanis tugs on Karela's sleeve. "Quick, the house!" he says to her, already sprinting as fast as he can towards the farmhouse to check for survivors. Once he arrives, he hurriedly pounds on the door, calling loudly in Common, "Hello? Is anyone still alive in there? It's safe now, they're dead!"

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Lerissa pauses for only a moment to take a breath and collect herself before she follows Elanis to the farmhouse to see if she can assist.

pre:
Lerissa   						 
HP: 24/38 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 6/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 17

At Will
Blistering Flourish
Steel Wind  

Encounter	
[ ] Light The Fire
[ ] Burning Brand
[ ] Hellfire Heart
[ ] Dark Reaping
[ ] Second Wind

Daily	
[x ] Risen Sun
[ ] Supreme Flurry

Item Powers
[ ] Fireblood Ki Focus
[ ] Spidersilk Mantle

Conditionals/Resists:
Resist 5 Fire

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 4, 2016

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Though Elanis rushes off, Karela turns to give Yraine some parting words before joining him.

"Ask him how his friend got so big. It's magic one way or another, but I want to know if the lizardfolk did it on their own or if there's someone else."

"Elanis! Watch out! We don't know what's in there!"

Karela rides up to the farmhouse and jumps off Hurri, leaving him right beside the door. Without so much as sheathing her sword, she jogs inside after Elanis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Inside the house, Elanis, Karela and Lerissa find...despairingly little. The inside is a mess, with shattered crockery, broken furniture and up-ended closets. You can see footprints from the Brute in the floor, where the creature's weight buckled the floorboards. On a more inspiring note, there seems to be very little blood. You find but a few drops here and there. It's a stark contrast to the run-down horse you saw earlier on your way here, but at least there's no corpses.

Meanwhile, Yraine's captive blinks for a few moments, then slowly - very slowly - gets back up to his feet. As he begins to speak, Yraine translates for him to the group. "Dirthak obey, yes yes. Merciful masters get answers!" He takes out his knife and holds it by the blade, offering it to you. A formal gesture of surrender. "Dirthak raids with warband! Shiny one commands, warband obey. Shiny one sends new one to warband, big and strong and dumb. Not anything Dirthak seen before, but big one no hurt warband and listen to warband, so warband take big one to raid. Shiny one commands Snagglestone tribe, all tribe obey. Not long, not long! But shiny one come from deeps, very powerful. Tribe respect power, always, but also fear shiny one. Tribe not want raid humans, but shiny one .. very cruel. So tribe obey."

The pause in his words is marked by a shiver, and a pleading look. "Dirthak no go back now. Heroes killed all warband! Brave warband, fought to last. Even Dirthak. Dirthak Tribeless, now. Is bad fate, but better than live under shiny one."

• Locked thread