Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

client posted:

pine barrens, the greatest episode of television ever, was in season 3 bitch
Yeah I watched the show last year completely blind and I was in awe at this one, one of the best tv episodes ever. Paulie is a hilarious character and Chris plays off him perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Remember when no one understood the ending? Lol.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Still, Breaking Bad is better.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah I watched the show last year completely blind and I was in awe at this one, one of the best tv episodes ever. Paulie is a hilarious character and Chris plays off him perfectly.

His house looked like poo poo.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I saw breaking bad first but it's pretty clear a lot of the family stuff is taken straight from the sopranos. Frankly I wanted less of it in both of them!!!

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I saw breaking bad first but it's pretty clear a lot of the family stuff is taken straight from the sopranos. Frankly I wanted less of it in both of them!!!

dont tell tviv that you have a bad opinion of walts family especially his wife because there will be consequences, or something.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Clamps McGraw posted:

Realtalk though gabagool and all the other Sopranos food words (proshoot, mootzadell) are actually p fuckin fascinating words linguistically (http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/how-capicola-became-gabagool-the-italian-new-jersey-accent-explained)

A heard word mootzadell being used a local italian deli that makes mozzarella in-house and it owned

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

EVIL NOONER posted:

dont tell tviv that you have a bad opinion of walts family especially his wife because there will be consequences, or something.
my opinion is that they make for boring television and if I ever rewatch BB (nah) then I'll fastforward through scenes of them even if it renders pointless an entire motif of the show

I also won't rewatch the columbus day episode of the sopranos because...lol.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
i watched breaking bad and frankly it was comically overrated.

now, better call saul, however, is good times

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
sopranos ya also six feet under prob, maybe the shield and wire too, all good shows. the best? gilligans island.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Actually the best show ever is The Knick but no one has every seen it or heard of it because it was on Cinemax

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i love the word bucchiac because the c word makes ppl very angry and bucchiac is more satisfying to say anyway with a nice hearty fuhckin first, that stupid fuhckin bucchiac!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It was good for a few seasons then it became poo poo.

Remember when they were so out of ideas that the nephew went to Hollywood to make movies? That was cringe worthy.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I never stopped believing.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

NotWearingPants posted:

Remember when they were so out of ideas that the nephew went to Hollywood to make movies? That was cringe worthy.

WAIT U MEAN ALL THIS STUFF IS FREE???

then they mugged the famous actress lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Sopranos not GOT invented sexposition

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Sopranos rules

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

georgie should have found a new job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M9Vidz5a5M

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

NotWearingPants posted:

Oh god, I remember Chris getting some dude addicted to heroin or something and then eventually killing him. I guess that plotline was kind of important because it made me hate Chris so much.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

don't disrespect big pussy's sauce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cOX1vhbVW8

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

why the hell is that guy's dick on youtube, geez

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gonna have to give it to twin peaks, even with the season two slump. It had redeemed itself by the end and should have continued

the network guys should have shut the gently caress up

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
every single person in the show is a total piece of poo poo except for bobby baccala

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

"Eyyyyy tone, I'm playin wit my trains ova ere"

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
who ate all da GABAGOO

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

every single person in the show is a total piece of poo poo except for bobby baccala

i liked anthony's mexican girlfriend

and also meadow was pretty solid wasnt she? but yeah it was sad when bobby died

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

HE WAS ABUSIVE TO DA STAAAAAFF

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Christopher's old lady gave me bonre

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Topographic Nap posted:

Christopher's old lady gave me bonre

i assume you watched the show with closed captions and muted?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
kris tah FUR

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
you can no longer function as a man

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Actually the best show ever is The Knick but no one has every seen it or heard of it because it was on Cinemax

The third season could have been nothing but Bertie hat flourishes and drifty synth music and I would have continued watching it.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

EVIL NOONER posted:

i liked anthony's mexican girlfriend

and also meadow was pretty solid wasnt she? but yeah it was sad when bobby died

meadow was ok, just kind of an annoying kid.

and the russian lady with one leg was actually one of the coolest people on the whole show

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
The best and coolest person on the show was the therapist who told Carmilla she needs to either walk or shut the gently caress up. He said he wouldn't take blood money and shut her dramatic bullshit down in 10 kinds of ways, for free.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

meadow was ok, just kind of an annoying kid.

and the russian lady with one leg was actually one of the coolest people on the whole show

ah yeah the russian lady. didnt she have like a shitload of baggage though? like her family or something like that? lol, not that that makes her unique in this show.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
GAGAGOOL

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
GABA DABBA DOOOOO

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

"You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."
"His house looked like poo poo."

The funniest exchange from the best drat episode of the whole show. Pine Barrens really is perfect.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I love when they sprayed bullets into the forest and randomly head-shot a deer

'If we were aiming for it we never would of got close'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

The best and coolest person on the show was the therapist who told Carmilla she needs to either walk or shut the gently caress up. He said he wouldn't take blood money and shut her dramatic bullshit down in 10 kinds of ways, for free.

That's a fantastic scene.

"One thing you can never say. That you haven't been told."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVeLjj6Ao8

• Locked thread