Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DNE
Nov 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

of course captain america could escape regular prison. that like saying you can lock up batman if you take away his utility belt. how many times has that worked?

it seems like it would work - his utility belt contains many of his tricks and gadgets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Rutibex posted:

of course captain america could escape regular prison. that like saying you can lock up batman if you take away his utility belt. how many times has that worked?

I think you could lock up Batman as long as you took all of his stuff and removed anything from the cell that he could pull off the walls. For the sake of the argument, I'm not considering things normal people could do like faking a seizure to get the door open.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 13, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DNE posted:

it seems like it would work - his utility belt contains many of his tricks and gadgets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRRGxU9KzGc

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kU34BQveuo&t=124s

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I liked the part when Ant Man got real big because just as I was thinking Holy poo poo he went ahead and verbalized what I was thinking.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Actually if imprisoned without his stuff batman could do whatever the writer happened to think of on that day to escape. It would then become a tirelessly measured and compared and catalogued BatThing for the next bazillion batman comics. Every time he was in prison in the future would have to preempt the question 'why doesn't he use his acid sweat from if he eats a doubled ration of prison bread?' or whatever.

And that's why superheroes are bad.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

I liked the part when Ant Man got real big because just as I was thinking Holy poo poo he went ahead and verbalized what I was thinking.

I also liked the part where Ant Man got real big but for a different reason.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shame Wagon posted:

They had almost all of the world's vibranium deposits and rather than allowing white men to come in and take it they closed their borders and invested it all in education and development, building a technocratic paradise, but for some reason allowing the rest of africa to stay as it is in reality and also not sharing their future tech (including all sorts of life saving medicines) with the rest of the world.

Ahhh so Wakanda is like America but not at all stupid, angry or blatantly racist. Sounds nice.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
How's wakanda on immigration issues?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Ahhh so Wakanda is like America but not at all stupid, angry or blatantly racist. Sounds nice.

Their name sounds pretty racist.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
sorry you didn't like disney's marvel's the avengers: captain america's civil war, OP.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Toadvine posted:

How's wakanda on immigration issues?

If the wind is blowing Wakanda's air in your direction, they'll kill you for breathing it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's too bad the former Soviet satellite nation of Sokovia did not have Wakanda's advantages.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
You mean Marvel: Bad rear end Airport Scene?

Seriously that's the only really memorable bit of the movie.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I didn't like Spider-Man's lines. They felt like a comic book fan described Spider-Man's dialogue to a writer who then tried to write dialogue for Spider-Man. I'm pretty sure humanity collectively groaned without knowing why the first time someone heard the "remember that old movie, empire strikes back?" line.

Also I didn't like the ending. I wanted Iron Man to kill Bucky and beat the gently caress out of Captain America.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 13, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I liked the Spiderman stuff and am looking forward to the next 6+ Spiderman movies.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Is sideman still a whiny little bitch

e: not changing autocorrect

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I'm gonna go against the grain and say that Civil War (and all the other Marvel movies) are good like sex is good. It's fun while it lasts, and everybody uses code names to protect their secret identities.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Applewhite posted:

All in all, it was much better than Age of Ultron, but still actually a bad movie.
yeah that's not saying much. 2016 has been loving awful for movies, and even superhero movies which used to be pretty safe entertaining popcorn flicks have become really loving awful in the past several years, which is pretty impressive in itself.

Like Iron Man 1/2, Spiderman 1/2, Avengers 1, Thor 1, Captain America 1/2, Batmin Begins/TDK, XMen 1/2 were all really quite good movies (to varying degrees), and then suddenly Hollywood seemed incapable of even making a fun mindless movie after that, and there's no shortage of seemingly really loving awful ones on the horizon.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
All the superheroes fight eachother and no one wins or loses

except rhodey, he lost

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Zzulu posted:

All the superheroes fight eachother and no one wins or loses

except rhodey, he lost

of course they gently caress up the black man

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

of course they gently caress up the black man

There are two Black men and the other one is okay.

So, progress.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

There are two Black men and the other one is okay.

So, progress.

yea they need someone to die in the end of the next one

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

yea they need someone to die in the end of the next one

Oh also Black Panther is Black.

So there's 3 Black men.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

also I wanna go on record saying how much I fuckin hate the iron man character. I like rdj but that character is insufferable and I dont get how the goddamn movies are popular at all

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

also I wanna go on record saying how much I fuckin hate the iron man character. I like rdj but that character is insufferable and I dont get how the goddamn movies are popular at all

I dunno I thought he was good in the first one. I like how he is an rear end in a top hat but you can tell he's working on it and the movies do a great job of getting that across. He is repentant for the life of assholery he's lived and he's giving something back.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Enfield posted:

has anyone seen star wars

i did i really liked it but they're gonna have to try a lot harder in the next ones. i would imagine I would like that movie better than Marvel: Civil War but i didn't watch M:CW (Marvel: Civil War) so it wouldn't really be fair for me to come to a conclusion on a comparison between the two movies and then post it on the internet.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I want to see a film made on Starlin's 70s comic Warlock. Hollywood being bereft of ideas is good news for my Dream!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

I dunno I thought he was good in the first one. I like how he is an rear end in a top hat but you can tell he's working on it and the movies do a great job of getting that across. He is repentant for the life of assholery he's lived and he's giving something back.

yea I didn't get that at all from it, although I will say that the second one was much much worse than the firsf

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Applewhite posted:

isn't he the bad guy in civil war, though?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Xaris posted:

yeah that's not saying much. 2016 has been loving awful for movies, and even superhero movies which used to be pretty safe entertaining popcorn flicks have become really loving awful in the past several years, which is pretty impressive in itself.

Lol chill

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Blue Train posted:

because people wish they were millionaire assholes who had an invincible suit of armor they could crush their enemies with, and also fly.

e: i mean i do, that's why i like those movies.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Dogmeat posted:

i did i really liked it but they're gonna have to try a lot harder in the next ones. i would imagine I would like that movie better than Marvel: Civil War but i didn't watch M:CW (Marvel: Civil War) so it wouldn't really be fair for me to come to a conclusion on a comparison between the two movies and then post it on the internet.

I'm really looking forward to Rogue One and I expect it's the prequel movie we deserved instead of Phantom Menace.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Toadvine posted:

Lol chill

yeah I think what you mean is 2016 was an awful year for dumb movies that are awful

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Dogmeat posted:

isn't he the bad guy in civil war, though?

That depends on your point of view.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

That depends on your point of view.

I didn't really pay attention to civil war but wasn't captain america a literal nazi? think hes the bad guy if so

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Applewhite posted:

I'm really looking forward to Rogue One and I expect it's the prequel movie we deserved instead of Phantom Menace.

I think Return of the Jedi is the best star wars movie because it has the most wars in the stars in it, should i be excited for the star wars spinoff? I can't say I really was (I am sorry to derail the M:CV [Marvel: Civil War] thread.).

Blue Train posted:

I didn't really pay attention to civil war but wasn't captain america a literal nazi? think hes the bad guy if so

wait but he's america?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

Um no. No that is not the case.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Dogmeat posted:

I think Return of the Jedi is the best star wars movie because it has the most wars in the stars in it, should i be excited for the star wars spinoff? I can't say I really was (I am sorry to derail the M:CV [Marvel: Civil War] thread.).

wait but he's america?

Return of the Jedi is the best Star Wars movie, friend. Don't even need to pretend it's just your opinion because it's a fact :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Um no. No that is not the case.

googled it and apparently I was thinking of an article i read about him being a hydra agent in the comics. gonna qualify all this by saying I hate the marvel movies and only "watch" them because my son likes them

• Locked thread