Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Username Here
Aug 20, 2012

~No devil on my shoulder!~
Saturday or Friday would be my ideal days, if that helps at all. I don't have a problem with us missing a week, or missing a player. It's up to everyone else, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
(I must admit I am vaguely curious about Wrestlemania myself, though as you say the card is utter garbage. Like, I saw 27, I've seen some of the worst historical ones, can this in fact be worse?)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Also! If anyone has Discord I am setting up a channel, named "Caliphas", as MaxLordIV#4015. Just give me your SN and I'll invite you in.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 3, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay looking like no game tonight. So- in order to work out a proper schedule, please read and edit this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Od-kW9UNHIh_gmnv1RGo_UU58bKgcCh_IgEhoWnS6P8/edit?usp=sharing

You may have to use "Open in Google Sheets", or I may have botched the upload, so tell me. Otherwise start filling in spaces. And we can maybe chat/message in the Discord thing to settle conflicts. Here's hoping we find a good spot!

(in any case Mania is better than it should be so far so don't worry about me...)

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 3, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay looking like no game tonight. So- in order to work out a proper schedule, please read and edit this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Od-kW9UNHIh_gmnv1RGo_UU58bKgcCh_IgEhoWnS6P8/edit?usp=sharing

You may have to use "Open in Google Sheets", or I may have botched the upload, so tell me. Otherwise start filling in spaces. And we can maybe chat/message in the Discord thing to settle conflicts. Here's hoping we find a good spot!

(in any case Mania is better than it should be so far so don't worry about me...)

Sorry about that, had some errands that I had to take care of

Good Username Here
Aug 20, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Also! If anyone has Discord I am setting up a channel, named "Caliphas", as MaxLordIV. Just give me your SN and I'll invite you in.

Calico#4098

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
rae#1957

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

drrockso20 #0675

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So far looks like three people have filled out the timeline chart, I'd like to get more input from the rest in hopes that we can find a time.

EDIT: Also Jolyne, your Discord ID isn't showing up as valid in their thing. Not sure why not.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I filled it out. As long as it's after 7 on a weekday I'm good.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so late Thursday or Friday- 9:30/7:30P- is looking possible. Again sessions may need to be shorter but we may be able to do that.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

So were we going to play tonight or not, didn't get any notifications so I figured I would ask here

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

So were we going to play tonight or not, didn't get any notifications so I figured I would ask here

Sorry if I misled anyone, still trying to settle on a final time, late Fridays would be doable for me but I would like to get everyone's word in before making any call.

Good Username Here
Aug 20, 2012

Late Friday would be ideal for me, so I vote for that over Thursday.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
Thursdays would probably be ideal as I've started drafting on Friday nights sometimes, but either could work.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Fridays are good for me, Thursdays are also fine if necessary

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, between that and the chart I think we're just missing Speleothing's input.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Fridays and Saturdays are for going out, getting drunk, and smoking pot.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Thursdays then.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks to Inkarnate, I can finally provide you all with a general map of the kingdom!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so- Assuming no further objections, I am going to go forward and say we will be playing on Thursdays at 9:30 Central, 7:30 Pacific.

See you all then, hopefully.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay, so- Assuming no further objections, I am going to go forward and say we will be playing on Thursdays at 9:30 Central, 7:30 Pacific.

See you all then, hopefully.

You have a deal!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
And starting soon! Link here! https://app.roll20.net/join/1035236/zSO91Q

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I'll be in soon

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
There's a growing sense that everyone should get on Discord so we can do chat and voice chat there, and also because it's way easier to keep in touch with people through that, so I'll know if someone's running late or whatever.

So I would ask that Fink and Speleothing both sign up on that and give me your deets so I can invite you to the Caliphas channel.

Also in the interest of avoiding future "Wait was there a game tonight"events, please at least check this thread once a day.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

After initiating a game night change, I was a big enough jackass to miss said game! At least it was because I was too asleep to show up.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
You can make it up to us by joining Discord!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay and it looks like at least one of us will have a schedule conflict this Thursday.

I'm really loath to keep running with people gone, so may have to postpone yet again.

Again, Fink, Speleothing, joining Discord would be super helpful. We need to communicate more.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay since the schedule thing hasn't changed, no game tonight, Will Play Next Thursday, April 27, at 9:30 Central Time / 7:30 Pacific

Hopefully this gives us more time to get all our ducks in a row.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Discord is for little babies who didn't learn to type in middle school

But I guess I can sign up for an account so I'm not the disappointer

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Well I'm good to go tonight, just haven't gotten on Discord yet (have used it before), but if there's no game there's no game.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I'm good too

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Speleothing posted:

Discord is for little babies who didn't learn to type in middle school

But I guess I can sign up for an account so I'm not the disappointer

Voice chat would make combat go faster, at least that's the theory and it could work. It's also better for keeping touch off-forum. The thread has a communication problem so maybe a chat client is a better way to keep in touch.

In any case, well, we talked about this on Roll20 last Thursday. You shoulda been there.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 21, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
No signs of cancellations or absences, so GAME ON FOR THIS THURSDAY, 9:30 Central Time/7:30 Pacific

Not everybody is up in the Discord channel but we can work that out in chat.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
I'd gently caress a skeleton

edit: Georgie would not, however

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Well, skeletons got hosed, in a sense.

Voice chat a success! Definitely shaved some time off of combatting. I was slightly unprepared from having taken time off and chatting for the first time, but still, I'm good with this arrangement.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

My participation in that move got canceled today so I am definitely free.

Some other thoughts:

1) Party comp good, both control and damage heavy.

2) Not sure we actually saved time via voice when you add everything up.

3) Curious about leveling--I find that I get bored of being at any given level fairly quickly (more than two weeks) and find the WotC-recommended leveling to be unbearably slow; 4E character options aren't that exciting (especially at low level) without pretty progressive leveling.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm gonna use a "per adventure" thing- when this current mission is wrapped up I'll say you all level. It's not nearly as many encounters as the book recommends but Level 1 in particular is limiting.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Congratulations for getting past the first planned adventure! I'll be using the next week to figure out the fallout, give you guys some treasure, etc. In the meantime Welcome to Level 2!

Oh, and Speleo, try to show up next time.

Also, again, sorry for the last encounter being too hard and congrats on being able to improv your way out of it. I was actually a short distance away from using Rae's "lizard wakes up and barges in" solution but I'd deleted the token so it was taking a while. I'm learning some of the system's actual quirks now, which is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I know you are all experienced charoppers and we've been dealing with over-leveled encounters, but a couple of things:

1) Don't split the group so bad that the leader with burst 5 effects can't reach everyone. Focus one target at a time. When I use my Cipher ability to rush out ahead (which I am doing mainly to save movement actions on my turn), don't rush out a completely different direction, or at least tell me to move to where you need me to be before all that is settled.

2) This hasn't happened yet, but don't run from a fight in a D&D game when it's still happening. It's poor play and will result in unnecessary deaths.

Other things:

Waiting til level 5 for Expertise and other taxes is horrible, so I might as well take it now and get whatever I like when 5 comes around.

• Locked thread