Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

id use that for drivers/post-install but otherwise follow the hackintosh OP for anything not specific to ur mobo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

id use that for drivers/post-install but otherwise follow the hackintosh OP for anything not specific to ur mobo

thanks friend doing exactly that

installing osx now

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i really hate the process of downloading weird kexts from sketchy websites and copy + pasting them into a folder based on poo poo i google about my motherboard

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

which kexts are u not finding on osx86.net

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

i got em all i'm just disorganized so doing things like downloading a file and pasting it into a bunch of folders is challenging for me

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i am the problem

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

quoting this again because this website is much better. i was downloading attachments from insanelymac.com

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
op i recommend you try fishing instead

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
welp i did everything right I think and it still refuses to boot from my hard drive. however it boots just fine from the USB so i'll just do that for now.

great job everyone. i hope you've all enjoyed this incredible journey as much as I have.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
op is dumb as poo poo. heres my hackintosh :grin:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

pram posted:

op is dumb as poo poo. heres my hackintosh :grin:

nice out of date macos version

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:tipshat:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thanks for unlocking this thread op is bad at computers

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
follow the tonymacosx guide instead idk why ur wasting time on legacy websites filled with poo poo advice hth

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
this thread was quite a wild ride :]

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

would someone who is bad with computers get paid 105k/year to work with computers? i don't think so

anyhow i'm just going to ignore this troll but if you keep it up i WILL close this thread!!

does the money feature a man in a top hat who was not our sixteenth president

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i gave up and installed ubuntu since that's what we use at work and so far i'm pretty happy

i3 is a decent experience and gives me room to tinker

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i haven't been to insanelymac in a while, do they still call it tonycrap and ban for linking?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i used the tonymac guide its flawless

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i gave up and installed ubuntu

lol

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
hey guys cooking a beautiful authentic lasagna was too difficult so I ended up just making GBS threads on a plate instead

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i gave up and installed ubuntu since that's what we use at work and so far i'm pretty happy

i3 is a decent experience and gives me room to tinker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCSbE4sGOWM

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Maximum Leader posted:

hey guys cooking a beautiful authentic lasagna was too difficult so I ended up just making GBS threads on a plate instead

you, sir, are no DeadInsideDarwin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
screw you guys, i'm going GNOME

• Locked thread