Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Liquid Drink posted:

picture of my Christmas the year N64 came out

Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Christmas and gaming ftmfw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Finnish Epic Fantasy Metal Yuletide Carols and Binding of Isaac FTW.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/vgephemera/status/944972178675650561

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I remember my parents wrapped the small GameCube box in a number of larger boxes insulated with blankets so they didn’t shake at all when moved. It was a very exciting time. I got rogue leader and played the same missions all day cause I didn’t get a memory card and needed to turn off the console to go to family stuff. It was fine though I probably could have played the Death Star attack alone over and over for a week. I went out the next day with my dad and used Christmas money to buy a memory card and smash bros.

My g/f got me a 360 and viva piñata when we were in uni for Christmas and my friend just gave me his copy of halo 3 cause FPS gave him motion sickness.

Last year I was saving for a ps4 and I had a family event Christmas Eve. People got me some money so I used that and my savings to buy the console and ffxv right before the store closed and basically spent all the next 2 days just playing through the game.

Nothing captures that feeling of being a kid and getting a console though.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holiday Gaming Fail: When you are a 26 year old college dropout and your mom told you to gently caress off when you ask for a switch.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Finnish Epic Fantasy Metal Yuletide Carols and Binding of Isaac FTW.

this

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Gonna spend all day kicking back and watching this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_xSsuhmtWcCH4aDyk7Qk1VNcEwT4TVix

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

He's playing some games, the worst he recalls
He's gonna find out which ones suck the most balls
The Angry Video Game Nerd is here

Oh, he's making a list and checking it twice
He's gonna go home and eat chicken and rice

He hates the games that stink
He knows which games to break
He just might even hate them all
'Cause he's mad for fuckin' sake

You'd better watch out, don't give these games a try
You better not play 'em, he's telling you why

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Holiday Gaming Fail: When you are a 26 year old college dropout and your mom told you to gently caress off when you ask for a switch.
Plutonis eagerly unwrapping his eighth Sega Master System, face still smeared with cream cheese calzone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Plutonis eagerly unwrapping his eighth Sega Master System, face still smeared with cream cheese calzone.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

50 games on one cartridge? It's a Christmas miracle! Wow, thanks Santa Claus!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

He's playing some games, the worst he recalls
He's gonna find out which ones suck the most balls

Oh, he's making a list and checking it twice
He's gonna go home and eat chicken and rice

He hates the games that stink
He knows which games to break
He just might even hate them all
'Cause he's mad for fuckin' sake

You'd better watch out, don't give these games a try
You better not play 'em, he's telling you why

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

My dad would always do the thing where he buys the big consoles and makes the tag out to himself, but get us the games for it. Not like it mattered in the end since i took all the consoles with me when i moved out.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got a gamecube with metroid prime and the zelda collection around 2002, my parents didn't really care about the games I played but seeing the cool predator visor and gunplay in MP1 had my dad glued to the screen and he started asking me to teach him how to play and stuff.

also when I first got attacked by a metroid my dad went "Eso es una chocha!" (that's a pussy!") and the game became known as Terminador de las Chochas and variations of that

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
The year the GameCube launched I got ne for Christmas with Luigi's Mansion, Rogue Leader and Pikmin and boy that was a good day for 11 or 12 year old me

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

extremebuff posted:

got a gamecube with metroid prime and the zelda collection around 2002, my parents didn't really care about the games I played but seeing the cool predator visor and gunplay in MP1 had my dad glued to the screen and he started asking me to teach him how to play and stuff.

also when I first got attacked by a metroid my dad went "Eso es una chocha!" (that's a pussy!") and the game became known as Terminador de las Chochas and variations of that

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

the cool uncle who specifically sought out the unpatched version of san andreas for me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

#NavidadCubano

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Plutonis posted:

Right in the feels

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Please name change me to Terminador de las Chochas

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

#NavidadCubano

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

#NavidadCubano

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

extremebuff posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

#NavidadCubano

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The last Metroid is in captivity. Chinga tu madre

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

The last Metroid is in captivity. Chinga tu madre