Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I call it cross fail. It's funny when I call it that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

BloodRed posted:

is this the thread where we can post pictures of redic fat people in underarmour clothes?

i won't stop you

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
i do CrossShit. thats where i strain real hard when i take a poo poo

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

jimmyjams posted:

Eat more fiber/veggies.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
more like

Crosspoo poo!!!!!

:grin:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm too fragile. All my joints would pop out of their sockets. No thanks.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

I'm fuckin pumpin iron listenin to Ride Like the Wind.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

gently caress off, Michael McDonald and let Christopher Cross sing! This ain't called McDonald-Fit.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
that song owns bones, what can you say?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Squat-put?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
CrossFit is great. If you find a good gym and aren't a complete idiot and understand what you can do, and when to take time off, you'll see great results.

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Audax posted:

CrossFit is great. If you find a good gym and aren't a complete idiot and understand what you can do, and when to take time off, you'll see great results.

l0l nah tho

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Audax posted:

Exercise is great. If you find a good gym and aren't a complete idiot and understand what you can do, and when to take time off, you'll see great results.
ftfy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Audax posted:

laughing irl

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Do people mock Spartan races? i would like to train for one next winter but i just imagine the people who do it are terrible.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Audax posted:

Just lift weights, run, or play sports like a normal person. Don't try to combine them all.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

1redflag posted:

Just lift weights, run, or play sports like a normal person. Don't try to combine them all.

I've done all three. Crossfit is not combining them all: my gym focuses on Olympic weightlifting with some gymnastics and cardio work included. It's a great workout.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Audax posted:

I've done all three. Crossfit is not combining them all: my gym focuses on Olympic weightlifting with some gymnastics and cardio work included. It's a great workout.

those dumb rear end games on ESPN suggest otherwise

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Extremely high bar squat

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

theres a dildo up there just out of frame

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

If I were an orthopedic surgeon, I would sponsor all the crossfit competitions in my area

Maybe run a group deal for SLAP tear surgery

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Do people mock Spartan races? i would like to train for one next winter but i just imagine the people who do it are terrible.

Not at all, they've gained popularity a bit and I get asked about it fairly often if I wear one of my race shirts out to do a random errand or something. I'm sure there are assholes in it like in anything else but I've never seen them.

The best part is watching everyone struggle with something in the realm of either cardio or strength. Oftentimes the winner isn't some jacked slab of muscle but someone that looks like they'd win a traditional race.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Chinatown posted:

theres a dildo up there just out of frame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nggMBKFnYJQ

Kak fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 24, 2018

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Audax posted:

Oly lifting is the exact opposite of CrossFit because it requires good form

dads friend steve fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 24, 2018

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

dads friend steve posted:

Oly lifting is the exact opposite of CrossFit because it requires good form

Never ceases to baffle me that they'll take a complex lift like a snatch or a clean and do it for reps and for speed. There's a reason why the Olympics don't feature the "ten rep clean and jerk" event.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

jimmyjams posted:

It's not CrossShit unless you delibrately rupture your spintcher doing it.

So it can grow back stronger, you see.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

god drat son I have tiny little pencil arms and I can still probably do like 15 pullups and I obviously lift nothing

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes
crossfit and spartan race are genius and i'm glad whoever started them came up with a way to charge millennials for the privilege of running in the mud and lifting weights really fast or whatever

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Pube Factory posted:

crossfit and spartan race are genius and i'm glad whoever started them came up with a way to charge millennials for the privilege of running in the mud and lifting weights really fast or whatever

They are both a scam started by big orthopedic. :tinfoil:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
CrossFit seems goofy as poo poo, but an overweight female coworker lost like 70 lbs and got jacked as gently caress.

She also had to take a bunch of time off from ripping some kind of ligament.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Malcolm Excellent posted:

CrossFit seems goofy as poo poo, but an overweight female coworker lost like 70 lbs and got jacked as gently caress.

so you're saying she started working out regularly and lost weight, but chose the type that seriously injures people and she got injured eventually?

holy gently caress!!!!1 NO loving WAY

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Malcolm Excellent posted:

She could have exercised normally and had the same result minus the injury

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Chinatown posted:

so you're saying she started working out regularly and lost weight, but chose the type that seriously injures people and she got injured eventually?

holy gently caress!!!!1 NO loving WAY

HEALTHY AT EVERY SURGERY

cobalt2009
Dec 31, 2008
I used to do crossfit and was super obnoxious about it. I now realize that it’s a lot of overpriced nonsense, but it did introduce me to Olympic lifting, strongman, powerlifting etc (done properly under the supervision of actual experienced coaches). So some good came of it I guess?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Holy poo poo that's Jason BOURNE

• Locked thread