Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Downer: I am alone and unloved.

Silver Lining: I will die alone and unloved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm alcohol, a downer

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
what if im gay

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Kak posted:

what if im gay

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Alright, hey, I'm here.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Obsidianheart posted:

Alright, hey, I'm here.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Kak posted:

what if im gay

then the justice department forwarded arguments to the supreme court today telling them to revoke your protection under federal nondiscrimination legislation

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Hm.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
No matter how much you relish the thought of death, it will still terrify you when it comes, and you will regret everything you feel right now.

The only cure for this is to love yourself.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

klapman posted:

No matter how much you relish the thought of death, it will still terrify you when it comes, and you will regret everything you feel right now.

Or to do so many drugs you die in a euphoric chemical-induced sleep.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

klapman posted:

As a reprehensible human being how do I do that?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah holy poo poo I’m so depressed I only staged 5/7 of a G class iron core processor as a universal load on the earth and helped compile the new Unix core transparently in the new I class but man I got the hacker blues durrrrr I’m the op.. :banjo:

Does like legit computer science make you sad or? :downs:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Xenocides posted:

As a reprehensible human being how do I do that?

If you haven't killed anyone with your bare hands, you're probably less reprehensible than you think. Even thinking that you're reprehensible is a sign that you're not as bad as you think you are. I'm a complete layabout that's been a burden to his family for years on end, and even I'm not reprehensible. I just had a hard time growing up, and took a long time to do it. So long as you're alive, there's an opportunity to pay back the debt you've built up. Never forget that.

Obsidianheart posted:

If you die regularly, you'll get an enormous flood of endorphins as you die that are pretty much the same as this, though you won't be as accustomed to the feeling as someone who regularly does drugs. It'll be the first and last time you ever do that particular dose, and it'll feel as amazing as your first time doing some hard poo poo. It'll also be your last time, for obvious reasons.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yeah holy poo poo I’m so depressed I only staged 5/7 of a G class iron core processor as a universal load on the earth and helped compile the new Unix core transparently in the new I class but man I got the hacker blues durrrrr I’m the op.. :banjo:

Does like legit computer science make you sad or? :downs:

Okay this one has me a little stumped.

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
After reading this post you are 3 seconds closer to death

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Vlonald Prump posted:

After reading this post you are 3 seconds closer to death

3 seconds?
Probably took me an eighth of a second

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

klapman posted:

If you haven't killed anyone with your bare hands, you're probably less reprehensible than you think. Even thinking that you're reprehensible is a sign that you're not as bad as you think you are. I'm a complete layabout that's been a burden to his family for years on end, and even I'm not reprehensible. I just had a hard time growing up, and took a long time to do it. So long as you're alive, there's an opportunity to pay back the debt you've built up. Never forget that.

Oh right, fine! I lied!

I have a degree, a career, a comfortable wage, a house, a large Steam library, and a family and friends that love me. Now stop serious posting; you are weirding me out.

Also, I have only killed one person, he deserved it, and I did it with a Rube Goldberg machine.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Serious posting is cool, cause if someone read that post and felt a little happier for it, it only cost me a couple minutes of typing it out. I've gotten really into serious posting lately.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'm completely alone and want to die

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

9/11 was real

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Geralt taught me to stay away from the water to avoid becoming a drowner.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

reddit is a real website that real people use. You probably know a redditor, though they'd never admit it

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

klapman posted:

If you die regularly, you'll get an enormous flood of endorphins as you die that are pretty much the same as this, though you won't be as accustomed to the feeling as someone who regularly does drugs. It'll be the first and last time you ever do that particular dose, and it'll feel as amazing as your first time doing some hard poo poo. It'll also be your last time, for obvious reasons.

Okay this one has me a little stumped.

Druids man. :rznv:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

No. 6 posted:

With the internet, it's possible to be completely alone without it being entirely true. It's the one piece of luck people like us have, and while it often doesn't feel like enough, it really is. Keep fighting as best you can, and one day you can smile without thinking about it first.

Going to bed now cause I'm very drunk.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

No. 6 posted:

:glomp:

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

The stars will not remember your face, the sun can't hear your laughter. The moon floats dead in the sky, oblivious to your lustful fancies. You are dust made mud by water for a brief moment. A super-localized electrical storm briefly haunting a towering construct of meat and mineral. Every breathtaking vista you've ever taken in is just a facade thinly spraypainted on a world of greys and browns.

The gears are winding down.

Your best option is to die by surprise, so you don't have to face the narrowing existential dread of knowing you are about to cease.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Have a good sleep you guys and remember, I love you

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
A few years back, I had to go to Las Vegas for a "kickoff" meeting that was supposed to be a collaboration with an overseas medical implant company. They were really interested in an implant system that my company had been working on, and we were there to seal the deal and work with their Korean engineering managers to suss out some of the details.

Ya know what else was happening that week in Las Vegas? The loving Electric Daisy Carnival. The hotel was nothing but hot raver girls, and here I was babysitting a bunch of engineers who didn't speak a work of English. I love trance and house music, and here was the biggest celebration of all that and I was booked solid and couldn't go. I'll list some highlights of the trip:

1. Paul Van Dyk actually commuted to and from my hotel in a helicopter. Missed him by two minutes.
2. On the way to one of the collaboration meetings, a drunk girl threw up in the elevator. Next day, same elevator, there was a passed out frat dude with his pants around his ankles.
3. Skrillex did an impromptu live set right at the Mandalay Bay poolside. I was in another meeting and missed it.
4. Even though I only live six hours form Vegas by car, the other company insisted that they provide the flights out. I had two connections on a flight that only went a few hundred miles.
5. On the way back, the boarding staff announced that they overbooked the flight, and whoever stayed behind would get full drink, meal and room comps and shuttle service to and from Mandalay Bay for a later flight the next day. I wanted to take it, if only to maybe catch some of the shows before I left. Duty called, and I skipped it and chose to stay with my regular flight.
6. When I was waiting for my connection at LAX, they cancelled my flight and I had to spend the night sleeping on my laptop bag in the terminal.
7. The deal fell through, and we're still in litigation with the implant company for lost royalties(long story...)

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

I'm pushing everyone who cares for me away so that I don't have anyone encouraging me to be a better person. I'm living the life I feel that I deserve, in filth with other degenerates.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Turdo posted:

I'm pushing everyone who cares for me away so that I don't have anyone encouraging me to be a better person. I'm living the life I feel that I deserve, in filth with other degenerates.

:hai:

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Turdo posted:

Push the degenerates away as well, and claim your crown of waste.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This too will end.

Silver lining: this too will end.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Obsidianheart posted:

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

Obsidianheart posted:

The stars will not remember your face, the sun can't hear your laughter. The moon floats dead in the sky, oblivious to your lustful fancies. You are dust made mud by water for a brief moment. A super-localized electrical storm briefly haunting a towering construct of meat and mineral. Every breathtaking vista you've ever taken in is just a facade thinly spraypainted on a world of greys and browns.

The gears are winding down.

Your best option is to die by surprise, so you don't have to face the narrowing existential dread of knowing you are about to cease.

Are you the guy who stole my 9th grade composition notebook?

Nah j/k It's good

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

Rad-daddio posted:

A few years back, I had to go to Las Vegas for a "kickoff" meeting that was supposed to be a collaboration with an overseas medical implant company. They were really interested in an implant system that my company had been working on, and we were there to seal the deal and work with their Korean engineering managers to suss out some of the details.

Ya know what else was happening that week in Las Vegas? The loving Electric Daisy Carnival. The hotel was nothing but hot raver girls, and here I was babysitting a bunch of engineers who didn't speak a work of English. I love trance and house music, and here was the biggest celebration of all that and I was booked solid and couldn't go. I'll list some highlights of the trip:

1. Paul Van Dyk actually commuted to and from my hotel in a helicopter. Missed him by two minutes.
2. On the way to one of the collaboration meetings, a drunk girl threw up in the elevator. Next day, same elevator, there was a passed out frat dude with his pants around his ankles.
3. Skrillex did an impromptu live set right at the Mandalay Bay poolside. I was in another meeting and missed it.
4. Even though I only live six hours form Vegas by car, the other company insisted that they provide the flights out. I had two connections on a flight that only went a few hundred miles.
5. On the way back, the boarding staff announced that they overbooked the flight, and whoever stayed behind would get full drink, meal and room comps and shuttle service to and from Mandalay Bay for a later flight the next day. I wanted to take it, if only to maybe catch some of the shows before I left. Duty called, and I skipped it and chose to stay with my regular flight.
6. When I was waiting for my connection at LAX, they cancelled my flight and I had to spend the night sleeping on my laptop bag in the terminal.
7. The deal fell through, and we're still in litigation with the implant company for lost royalties(long story...)

You probably would've been more disappointed by how garbage EDC would've been if you actually got to see it, if that helps at all.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

Are you the guy who stole my 9th grade composition notebook?

I am that guy.

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

spinderella posted:

3 seconds?
Probably took me an eighth of a second

I have some real downer news about the reading skills of the average goon...

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Also the life expectancy of the average goon

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
natural law in and of itself is a fallacy, motherfucker. We herald the end of the planet as is our purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm stressed. Life is a suxx

• Locked thread