Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I watched it too, and started on the Borderlands 2 playlist on your channel too, because I had some time in between various cooking duties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Man, I really should watch your Tales From the Borderlands lp.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

AltaBrown posted:

Man, I really should watch your Tales From the Borderlands lp.

You really should. Tales is a wonderful, wonderful game and it's a great LP of it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
To be fair to Lilith, why would any of the Vault Hunters care about Dahl killing Hyperion, outside of it changing the gun market?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

i almost forgot to post this episode because it's christmas! then panzer yelled at me to post it before i go over to her place before christmas!! i dunno who's gonna watch this today because it's christmas!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Episode #3: Space Sanctuary

For what it's worth, it was already Boxing Day here when you posted that, because - y'know... Australia.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Schubalts posted:

To be fair to Lilith, why would any of the Vault Hunters care about Dahl killing Hyperion, outside of it changing the gun market?

Dahl's guns are poo poo, while Hyperion's guns are good, so Dahl taking over would mean more poo poo guns?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Schubalts posted:

Yeah, Dahl hasn't done anything to prove themselves more evil than Hyperion at this point.

Night10194 posted:

Dahl's guns are poo poo, while Hyperion's guns are good, so Dahl taking over would mean more poo poo guns?
Hyperion's snipers are shittier than Dahl's, at the very least. And I personally like Dahl pistols and assault rifles, especially because the game seems to hate dropping anything but Dahl, Torgue, and Tediore rear end rifles for me, and of those Dahl is easily the best.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Being alone on Christmas this year (again), I warched it too... and to hear you chuckling about the "duh"- a very good duh, mind- it was a reminder that even a dull and mediocre game is made magical if it's in good company. :unsmith:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
You know I kind of miss the Hyperion "Commando" (?) assault rifles from BL1 - the ones that fired a lightning-fast, super-accurate three round burst. Same with those revolvers that had a (relatively tight) projectile spread like a shotgun for some reason. They were both great for essentially getting multiple headshots/critical hits at once and just melting enemies.

The more distinct gimmicks across the different gun manufacturers in BL2 and the Pre-Sequel does make them more interesting... but it meant that Hyperion guns went from being my most favourite to my least favourite. I can't stand that weird "reverse-recoil" thing. In BL2 I tend to gravitate towards Jakobs and Vladof guns, I think.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Antistar01 posted:

You know I kind of miss the Hyperion "Commando" (?) assault rifles from BL1 - the ones that fired a lightning-fast, super-accurate three round burst. Same with those revolvers that had a (relatively tight) projectile spread like a shotgun for some reason. They were both great for essentially getting multiple headshots/critical hits at once and just melting enemies.

The more distinct gimmicks across the different gun manufacturers in BL2 and the Pre-Sequel does make them more interesting... but it meant that Hyperion guns went from being my most favourite to my least favourite. I can't stand that weird "reverse-recoil" thing. In BL2 I tend to gravitate towards Jakobs and Vladof guns, I think.
Hyperion guns are great... if the gun has a high rate of fire and a large clip. A Hyperion SMG or assault rifle will shred enemies. Something like a sniper rifle or a shotgun which shoots slowly and needs reloading frequently is much less good, IMO. Hyperion SMGs, assault rifles, and even pistols can pump out a steady stream of crits if you're a good shot and are great for sustained fire, whereas you're supposed to fire other manufacturers' automatic weapons in shorter bursts.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

did you guys know that the pre-sequel was made in australia?? :aaa:

Episode #4: Contractually Obligated to Reference Australian Things

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Straya!

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Yep, Straya... where we speak Strine.

(General offensive content warning for those videos there.)

More related to the LP (but still Australia too), I had this episode on in the background so I may have missed some more references, but the Red Belly character was a reference to Ned Kelly and his iconic armour. Maybe to red-bellied black snakes, too. (My mum saved me from stepping on one of these last year.)

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Fun little tidbit I remembered about that gun you get for having a BL2 save (The Bullpup Shotgun). If you go back to the menu, go to the character select screen, select your character, and continue playing, it used to give you a new one. Better still, the new one scaled to your level AND had a chance to be elemental. I discovered this by accident and I don't think it was ever patched out, but it was nice.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kangaroo, Lamington, strewth, G'day, jolly swagman, jumbuck, waltzing matilda, where the bloody hell are you etc. etc.

As an Australian myself I have now performed the required rites to induct you into Australianism, you'll be having Barbecues in your thongs (sandals) and singlets (singlets) in no time.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 28, 2018

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Kaubocks posted:

did you guys know that the pre-sequel was made in australia?? :aaa:

There have been a few subtle clues that this game was made in New Zealand's America.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mastersord posted:

Fun little tidbit I remembered about that gun you get for having a BL2 save (The Bullpup Shotgun). If you go back to the menu, go to the character select screen, select your character, and continue playing, it used to give you a new one. Better still, the new one scaled to your level AND had a chance to be elemental. I discovered this by accident and I don't think it was ever patched out, but it was nice.

lol, i ended up never redeeming mine because i was afraid of doing it at the wrong moment

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Please play claptrap the entire game.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Shugguraths are very important, but only because of a very fun glitch I hope you run into later.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

getting pretty far ahead of my video backlog, so let's bump this up to three updates a week! Let's see
1) how well i remember this when i don't have a job to keep me on routine
2) how much i regret this when i travel next week

Episode #5: Borderlands Austin Powers

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Happy new episode!
Also happy new year, as the clock just ticked over here!

Am I right in thinking I know where you're going?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

D. Ebdrup posted:

Am I right in thinking I know where you're going?

:kazooieass:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Someone beseeching you for something and claiming that this is the first time they use the word beseech sounds exacly like the sort of person who'd use the word beseech all the time.

:comfyoot:

EDIT: I'm a paronomasiac, so I like the puns even in the dialogue.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 1, 2019

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I like athena but i miss blightbot

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It seems like playing a melee character would be way more fun in a game with a jetpack and buttstomps.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I think Nisha's Law & Order tree is more melee focused than anything Athena has, though I could be remembering wrong. Butt slams do play a part - she's got a butt slam augment skill.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

IMJack posted:

I think Nisha's Law & Order tree is more melee focused than anything Athena has, though I could be remembering wrong. Butt slams do play a part - she's got a butt slam augment skill.

I like Nisha a lot but I’m going to be totally honest with you, every time I’ve tried to roll as her I end up getting terminally bored of her action skill and I can never follow through with any of her trees. I had no idea she had melee focused stuff? The only melee thing I even vaguely remember from her is using the whip to steal bullets, which is super slow and not very interesting tbh. I feel bad about it because she’s neat and she’s very good at her one thing (shoot bullet), but man I get bored of only focusing on one thing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Nisha's melee stuff is half assed. Melee Athena (once you get blood rush) is my favorite Borderlands build.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

melee athena is pretty cool if you build around it, but it just never quite clicked with me on the same level as krieg did as far as melee characters are concerned

my favorite build for her uses more skill points than we'll probably acquire over the LP (capstone of left tree, at least midpoint of right), but maybe we'd like to do a little bonus showcase of some of our higher leveled characters...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

melee athena is pretty cool if you build around it, but it just never quite clicked with me on the same level as krieg did as far as melee characters are concerned

I see it as the closet thing to a first person implementation of Mass Effect's vanguard charge.

The most powerful Athena build is elemental, she can do *insane* things with it. You can mishmash it with melee at higher levels, which is still plenty powerful, but it is weaker.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 1, 2019

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

in today's video, panzer and i get real sleepy as we knock out a few of what little sidequests this game has to offer

Episode #6: Sleepy Sidequests

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Aw dang, barely into the video and you two say you're abandoning stingrays for moon buggies instead. You're definitely not gonna run into the fun glitch, so I might as well explain my previous post.

For all I know, this glitch may only work on console, but if you take a stingray and jump up into an energized shuggurath, that shuggurath will wig out and fly around the map uncontrollably for about a second or two before flying into the skybox and disappearing. It's pretty great!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

in today's video, panzer and i get real sleepy as we knock out a few of what little sidequests this game has to offer

Episode #6: Sleepy Sidequests
:comfyzelda:

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 3, 2019

White Coke
May 29, 2015

liquidypoo posted:

For all I know, this glitch may only work on console, but if you take a stingray and jump up into an energized shuggurath, that shuggurath will wig out and fly around the map uncontrollably for about a second or two before flying into the skybox and disappearing. It's pretty great!

BASKETBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

well just had a bit of a lousy day doing nothing but traveling on planes and buses so let’s celebrate with frankly one of the worst quests in the series

Episode #7: The Pickle Part

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Pickle. Ugh. He's got a sidequest, if you want to punish yourself.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Watching these lp's is making me want to buy borderlands bundle on steam. What do you guys think? should i?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Watching these lp's is making me want to buy borderlands bundle on steam. What do you guys think? should i?
You've noticed that the game is trash and the quests are trash and virtually everything about it is trash, right? I think the LPers have mentioned that once or twice?

You have? Then sure, go for it. It's fun trash if you're in the mood and ready to cheat. Numbers go up and things explode. Without checking the current price, you'll probably get your money's worth of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don't particularly like Pickle, or most BL characters for that matter, but he didn't bother me that much. Unlike some characters later on that I cannot stand, even though you barely interact with them.

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Assuming you're on PC, you just missed the sale. Handsome collection is now $60, it was $15 days ago. I'd wait.

I enjoyed the games, though I sometimes regret the amount of time spent in them. They addicting if the core loop flips a switch in your brain.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 5, 2019