Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

My wife and I are friends with a couple who've been married for 10 years and the husband came to the realization that he's bisexual. He told his wife that he'd never be happy unless he can explore that. He then kept bringing up to all of our friends that they were now in an open relationship (which isn't any of our business and we found it weird that he kept talking about it). It turns out that they in fact had not negotiated that. He cheated on her with some random dude in a bathroom at a bar and came clean to his wife when he realized he got an STD. He then immediately went on a ridiculous PR campaign trying to play the victim and when my wife and I were less than absolutely sympathetic he called us bigots and then accused my wife of trying to seduce him.

We're not friends with him anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

people who waste :synpa: posts

i see it and it drives me mad

edit: gently caress you spacecamp fuckup! you fucker!

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

owned

naem
May 29, 2011

big nipples big life posted:

The old church lady at work who is straight out of central casting. couldn't be more of a stereotype.

I work with a bunch of these

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

lmao

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My girlfriend: we’ve been together since September and she’s just awful. I was basically a shell of my former self when I met her, I’d been struggling with serious personal problems for about 2 years and finally got my head above water. Went from a homeless, broke addict to having an apartment and pretty decent Mercedes and a job I really love even if the hours aren’t great.

She’s just super terse and mean about everything. Most recent example is two days ago we get in the car to go out to lunch for date night. Starts to rain, she says to take her home because my windshield wipers are too squeaky and we’ll take separate cars. I ask why I can’t just ride in her car and she says she’d have to move some stuff. I sigh because that makes me feel pretty small and not worth it (you can’t just ask me to carry in the one bag of dirty clothes in your backseat?) so she just goes back to the house and I eat lunch alone. We didn’t talk for two days until she cooked me a nice dinner and watched a movie. This is her version of “working it out”.

The problem is that because of her parents (Rich Lebanese Catholics) she thinks this is normal behavior and because she’s insanely hot (she’s an honest to goodness lingerie model) and super rich she knows she doesn’t need me for anything, so if I ever try to talk about my feelings she just immediately jumps to “I’ll just move out!” which would mean I would also have to move and I just can’t afford it. I cope by just never bringing anything up and never pick fights and avoid her when she’s been drinking. It’s not that I’m unwilling to work on it, it’s that she is completely incapable of handling any sort of emotional responsibility. Even the most basic poo poo like “please don’t scream at me because my dog is barking” will cause full meltdowns. She throws screaming temper tantrums like a 5 year old if she spills or burns something, it’s pretty clear that her parents never hugged her or took care of her or taught her how to behave as an adult and her mother was so abusive I could literally write a book.

I basically just lock myself in my room until she feels horny or gets lonely and buys me a present, because that is her version of being nice to me. I never know if I’m coming home to a total nightmare or a home cooked meal and a blowjob, but I swear to god nothing I do matters. If I were a stronger man, more financially independent and not lacking in any self-confidence I’d bail and move in with some family but she’s going back to school in a few months and after that I’ll only see her on weekends a couple times a month until I assume she meets a hot college guy and ditches me, but who knows.

My mother and my brother and his wife all feel so bad for me because they see this women just breaking me down but the truth is, at least at this point in my life, I’d rather be in a lovely relationship than alone, and I genuinely think she loves me as much as she is capable of loving someone, I just don’t think it’s a whole heck of a lot.

Ha ha I could go on for pages but honestly I’m just grateful this thread popped up when it did. Feels good to scream into the void.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

On average, I hate everyone and everything. Right now, I hate myself most of all.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

squid pro quo posted:

A guy at work has crowned himself the bathroom monitor. He will yell at people while he’s in the stall if he suspects he didn’t hear them washing their hands.

um this man is a loving hero

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

My girlfriend: we’ve been together since September and she’s just awful. I was basically a shell of my former self when I met her, I’d been struggling with serious personal problems for about 2 years and finally got my head above water. Went from a homeless, broke addict to having an apartment and pretty decent Mercedes and a job I really love even if the hours aren’t great.

She’s just super terse and mean about everything. Most recent example is two days ago we get in the car to go out to lunch for date night. Starts to rain, she says to take her home because my windshield wipers are too squeaky and we’ll take separate cars. I ask why I can’t just ride in her car and she says she’d have to move some stuff. I sigh because that makes me feel pretty small and not worth it (you can’t just ask me to carry in the one bag of dirty clothes in your backseat?) so she just goes back to the house and I eat lunch alone. We didn’t talk for two days until she cooked me a nice dinner and watched a movie. This is her version of “working it out”.

The problem is that because of her parents (Rich Lebanese Catholics) she thinks this is normal behavior and because she’s insanely hot (she’s an honest to goodness lingerie model) and super rich she knows she doesn’t need me for anything, so if I ever try to talk about my feelings she just immediately jumps to “I’ll just move out!” which would mean I would also have to move and I just can’t afford it. I cope by just never bringing anything up and never pick fights and avoid her when she’s been drinking. It’s not that I’m unwilling to work on it, it’s that she is completely incapable of handling any sort of emotional responsibility. Even the most basic poo poo like “please don’t scream at me because my dog is barking” will cause full meltdowns. She throws screaming temper tantrums like a 5 year old if she spills or burns something, it’s pretty clear that her parents never hugged her or took care of her or taught her how to behave as an adult and her mother was so abusive I could literally write a book.

I basically just lock myself in my room until she feels horny or gets lonely and buys me a present, because that is her version of being nice to me. I never know if I’m coming home to a total nightmare or a home cooked meal and a blowjob, but I swear to god nothing I do matters. If I were a stronger man, more financially independent and not lacking in any self-confidence I’d bail and move in with some family but she’s going back to school in a few months and after that I’ll only see her on weekends a couple times a month until I assume she meets a hot college guy and ditches me, but who knows.

My mother and my brother and his wife all feel so bad for me because they see this women just breaking me down but the truth is, at least at this point in my life, I’d rather be in a lovely relationship than alone, and I genuinely think she loves me as much as she is capable of loving someone, I just don’t think it’s a whole heck of a lot.

Ha ha I could go on for pages but honestly I’m just grateful this thread popped up when it did. Feels good to scream into the void.

why did you move in with someone you’ve been dating for like six months

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Bust Rodd posted:

Sell the mercedes, get a cheaper car and use that money to move? Anyways, at least she doesn't know how to mask her true self before marriage, you got that going for you.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

WatermelonGun posted:

why did you move in with someone you’ve been dating for like six months

I was living in a Harry Potter Broom Closet in the crackhead side of town and she was looking for a house in the area. I understand how stupid it is, I assure you, but getting to take all my stuff out of storage and have a place to live was too amazing to pass up. My living space was such that I couldn’t open my door all the way without it hitting my bed, and to watch TV I had to mount it in my closet and push all the clothes to the side to watch it. Now I have a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment with a kitchen and huge living room for yoga and music and my animals have all the toys they can play with!

Edit: I guess it worth mentioning that we met at the dog park and her most attractive quality is how much she loves animals, but the more I spend time with her the more I realize that I’m just another rescue dog to her.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
idk man sounds like you guys are using the poo poo out of each other

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah, the hell of it is that I would way rather be in a healthy relationship where we talked about our problems and resolved issues and came up with compromises. I’ve literally never been more willing to put in the work, because part of the reason I was alone and homeless was because I’d been such an abusive shithead in the past. No more drugs, therapy, medicine, I really feel like I would be like an amazing boyfriend to a normal person, but instead...

It’s 100% my choice to stay, I’m not trapped, I love her for what she is and not what I want her to be, but I’m not gonna lose a lot of sleep when she moves out (we don’t even sleep together at night, we just gently caress before and after work because our hours are very different). I guess the reason I think she likes me is because I’m just like funny and smart but otherwise have absolutely nothing to offer her financially or otherwise. If she doesn’t really like me then she just wants me as a sex slave who she buys video games for? Is that a thing?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

the downsides of being a literal fuccboi

i was feeling bad until you started in on the possibilities of getting a homecooked lebanese meal and a blowjob from a lingerie model. just tune her out and ride the big red wave

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
My self, hands down

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

SeXReX posted:

My self, hands down

Oh yeah definitely this

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Who What Now posted:

I should be cleaning the house but instead I'm day drinking and playing videogames like a piece of poo poo

This is gonna be me next Friday when I finally take a got dang day off for the first time this year.

So I guess my worst person is Theresa May for being part all of the Brexit poo poo that’s prevented me from taking time off even though I’m American.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
For a second I thought I'd clicked on E/N.

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
E/n has always been part of GBS

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Hairy Busey posted:

E/n has always been part of GBS

They should sever

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Annex pyf

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Brenda and Karen

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Icochet posted:

And one time I think I overheard his saying that foxes are "the gays of the forest", but I'm not 100% sure about that one.

:hmmyes:

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

So you need to break up with this person so you can contribute lots of prime material to the "weird poo poo your ex did" thread.

Also because breaking up with her sounds like the healthy option anyway.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's not that i want to be a prisoner in my own home, i just feel like i should be in a relationship right now

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah, the hell of it is that I would way rather be in a healthy relationship where we talked about our problems and resolved issues and came up with compromises. I’ve literally never been more willing to put in the work, because part of the reason I was alone and homeless was because I’d been such an abusive shithead in the past. No more drugs, therapy, medicine, I really feel like I would be like an amazing boyfriend to a normal person, but instead...

It’s 100% my choice to stay, I’m not trapped, I love her for what she is and not what I want her to be, but I’m not gonna lose a lot of sleep when she moves out (we don’t even sleep together at night, we just gently caress before and after work because our hours are very different). I guess the reason I think she likes me is because I’m just like funny and smart but otherwise have absolutely nothing to offer her financially or otherwise. If she doesn’t really like me then she just wants me as a sex slave who she buys video games for? Is that a thing?

My one goal for this thread is for you to get the hell out of that relationship.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

it's not that i want to be a prisoner in my own home, i just feel like i should be in a relationship right now

Yeah I need someone to show up every time I cry or masturbate or both. :jerkbag:

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

squid pro quo posted:

A guy at work has crowned himself the bathroom monitor. He will yell at people while he’s in the stall if he suspects he didn’t hear them washing their hands. He posts passive-aggressive notes about not using your phone while you’re on the toilet. He is a creepy neurotic guy and talking to him is always awkward.

Driving through Idaho I stopped at a gas station to use the restroom and grab some crumb donuts and chocolate milk because it's a good loving combo. Finish my business at the potty and the single sink is being used by an employee who is clearly not retarded but has some issues. 6 mins of waiting and I say gently caress it cause I'm not waiting around for this OCD maniac to finish up with his washing. I walk out and he yells at me to come back and wash my hands. He then quickly finished up so he could confront me. His breathing was quite heavy and all manner of foul when he cornered me by the pastries. Clearly this guy was on some prescription psych drugs so I politely told him no thanks. He then walked around and told every customer and employee that I didn't wash my hands. The manager came over and chewed his rear end; must not have been the first time. I kinda felt bad for him.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A coworker that takes 20 minutes to dump liquid rear end and doesn't wipe or flush.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

jemand posted:

So you need to break up with this person so you can contribute lots of prime material to the "weird poo poo your ex did" thread.

Also because breaking up with her sounds like the healthy option anyway.

Realtalk: I’m loving miserable right now because I’m going through a breakup with someone who saw me as this guy sees his GF, minus the fun sex because I never dealt with my own dumb trauma.

Don’t string her along. She may be a bitch but she doesn’t deserve that. Rip the loving bandaid off.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Bust Rodd posted:

Lmao Lebanowned

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
The principal at my school is a narcissistic and micromanaging tyrant.

I've never worked in environment as toxic as this before and I'm stuck here for the next couple of years :negative:

At least it taught me to never accept a position where an elderly boss who has no life outside of work (no family pictures in their office / no ring on their hand is an early warning sign).

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
MY WIFE NO COOK GOOD

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
you really should be saving up to move out and just accept you might have a downgrade in living arrangements. It's better to be in a lovely apartment or room and be at peace than in that drama storm. Obviously you don't wanna go back to the crackhouse, but the anxiety and stress of a terrible home life can also push you to backwards even if you've got creature comforts
there are other attractive people who will gently caress you and not make you miserable

you can't pull a "lol I'm dating the worst person in the world and they make me miserable, but no really guys I love them for who they are!"

there's a manager at my current workplace that is a total small business tyrant, and every day I find out something new that makes me hate him more. Highlights:
-Revoked all remote-working/home office privileges for anyone beneath him, he of course spends less than 25 hours a week on site, the majority of which is in his office with the door closed. Fridays he 'works from home' but won't respond to any e-mails or resolve anything until monday if you don't cc the company's owner
-"Fired" multiple employees where he lets them know they've lost their job and this is their 2 week notice, but he might change his mind if they do good enough job in those two weeks. This tactic so far has only been used on very hard workers who are easily bullied and haven't called his bluff. He specifically won't use this on anyone who won't put up with his poo poo
-has given people retroactive paycuts to justify not giving raises or bonuses offered or owed but he failed to deliver
-docked an employee's pay for mistakes/misordered materials

I'm one of the few he hasn't hosed with too much since he got bumped over from sales, because he kinda realizes he's SOL and would have to do more work and also pay ridiculous contractor fees since I'm a very specialized worker. I'm on my way out at least, and have done my best to get other workers to at least apply elsewhere, but it really sucks for the floor workers/folks working at the very bottom since they're the most vulnerable and rarely have better work available. It also sucks for career people who joined up when it was a family business

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
managers are a useless class of people who would be better suited to replacing farm animals

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

WatermelonGun posted:

managers are a useless class of people who would be better suited to replacing farm animals

Hell yeah let me milk a manager :mrgw:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
My team lead, who is effectively a mouthpiece for our boss with no opinions of his own. Smart guy, but every suggestion, thought, or criticism is met with, "I'l have to run that one by the boss." None of the other leads have this problem, only him, and it's loving infuriating.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Hell yeah let me milk a manager :mrgw:

its how I plan on climbing the corporate ladder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007