Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
tried to make a poll with one option
not a thing you can do
don't worry about it
View Results

Goons Are Gifts

FactsAreUseless posted:

As you can see, I have extensive internet forum moderation experience. Hm. Hm. Yes. I see. Yes. "Never call again." Right. Yes. I understand. Yes, I do see now why I am not Jack In The Box cashier material. Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

*ends call*

*dials*

As you can see, I have extensive internet forum moderation experience. Hm. Hm. Yes. I see. Yes. "Never call again." Right. Yes. I understand. Yes, I do see now why I am not Albertson's cashier material. Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

*ends call*

*dials*

lmao
real life perma for shoplifters bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go

should've mentioned you were and admin!!

google THIS

FactsAreUseless posted:

As you can see, I have extensive internet forum moderation experience. Hm. Hm. Yes. I see. Yes. "Never call again." Right. Yes. I understand. Yes, I do see now why I am not Jack In The Box cashier material. Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

*ends call*

*dials*

As you can see, I have extensive internet forum moderation experience. Hm. Hm. Yes. I see. Yes. "Never call again." Right. Yes. I understand. Yes, I do see now why I am not Albertson's cashier material. Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

*ends call*

*dials*

Well, that's kind of the joke, ma'm, it doesn't officially stand for anything. I know, funny, right? Anyway, it has a blue theme and uses Comic Sans, but only ironi-...hello?

Goons Are Gifts

google THIS posted:

Well, that's kind of the joke, ma'm, it doesn't officially stand for anything. I know, funny, right? Anyway, it has a blue theme and uses Comic Sans, but only ironi-...hello?

Korean Boomhauer
15 years of loss prevention experience?? no i meant lets play experience, where you play video games for the internet!! -hello???

King of Bees
I guess you could say I'm reliable. You see, I keep a reasonably full charge on my phone pretty much all the time.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I can spoil the gently caress outta some cats

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

redm

[uses a script to mass reply to a page full of craigslist ads with empty subject/body fields and a zoomed in png of the googley eyed honey comb mascot]

sig by Manifisto

take the moon

by sebmojo

Korean Boomhauer posted:

15 years of loss prevention experience?? no i meant lets play experience, where you play video games for the internet!! -hello???

ToxicSlurpee

-=SEND HELP=-

I can be in and out of the grocery store in like ten minutes.

I'm sewage flavored.

alnilam

Goons Are Great posted:

lmao
real life perma for shoplifters bitch

*sound of a shotgun racking*

ty manifisto

Stoner Sloth

ToxicSlurpee posted:

woah... that's actually pretty impressive!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

[Enters grocery store] Oh god it's horrible in here there are people I don't want to do this I'm just going to leave... oh poo poo where's the exit now? [9.8 minutes later] Yes, found the exit, I did it, I'm awesome!

Finger Prince

I can wake up and be heading out the door in 20 minutes. 6:25 alarm, 6:45 door is locked behind me. Even less if I don't have to sneak around. That includes wash, brush, dress, boil water for oatmeal, glass of oj, grabbing my lunch bag, shoes and coat. It even factors in a minute or two sitting on the can questioning all the life decisions that got me to this point.

ToxicSlurpee

-=SEND HELP=-

Stoner Sloth posted:

woah... that's actually pretty impressive!

Aldi is the best. Seriously.

I'm sewage flavored.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I can bake perfectly round cookies no matter how loving high I get, no matter how depressed I am.

I just never eat them.

Stoner Sloth

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Aldi is the best. Seriously.

We've only just got Aldi here but I'd heard they were as bad as our two major supermarket groups (Woolworths and Coles) in terms of trying to get down staff wages and stuff like that.

Does sound like they make it easier than the other two to get want you want and get out and they do some pretty good deals though. Got a few friends who live nearer one or another of them that swear by them.

I'm lucky we've got a Foodland here that is South Aussie owned and this particular one is awesome - stock all kinds of locally made foods and have a gin bar as well as good restaurants (like really fresh oysters for example) that are quite cheap to eat at inside the store. Makes shopping nice, the prices aren't too bad and they don't cut the workforce by using self checkout stuff.

Plus got to know quite a few of the staff there and they get treated really well and even supported if they have ideas to improve things.

Consequently they're pretty much the only place I shop here now, might take a bit longer but I like their commitment to the local community and they have the best food and ingredients.

Plus getting a really well made gin and tonic while shopping is pretty drat good when it's is taking too long :beerpal: oh and they often invite people from the local distilleries over to give out tastings too!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

ToxicSlurpee

-=SEND HELP=-

Stoner Sloth posted:

We've only just got Aldi here but I'd heard they were as bad as our two major supermarket groups (Woolworths and Coles) in terms of trying to get down staff wages and stuff like that.

Does sound like they make it easier than the other two to get want you want and get out and they do some pretty good deals though. Got a few friends who live nearer one or another of them that swear by them.

Far as I know, at least here in the States, they pay individually way better than the other supermarkets. Granted they do manage to get staff costs down but that's more in the "it turns out if you treat your employees well they're more likely to be motivated and you don't need as many" way of things. They're a really efficient company overall and do what they can to keep costs down and pass that on to the customer. It's nuts how much cheaper they are than a lot of other stores. At all the ones I've shopped at the employees have looked genuinely happy. It's astonishing how quickly they ring people out or get more people on register whenever needed.

I'm sewage flavored.

Stoner Sloth

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Far as I know, at least here in the States, they pay individually way better than the other supermarkets. Granted they do manage to get staff costs down but that's more in the "it turns out if you treat your employees well they're more likely to be motivated and you don't need as many" way of things. They're a really efficient company overall and do what they can to keep costs down and pass that on to the customer. It's nuts how much cheaper they are than a lot of other stores. At all the ones I've shopped at the employees have looked genuinely happy. It's astonishing how quickly they ring people out or get more people on register whenever needed.

Cool - that makes sense, I'm comparing it to the Aussie conditions but it's silly of me to assume it's the same elsewhere really. And I mean here even they are no worse really than the two major supermarket chains in terms of trying to drop down employee conditions - not like they're particularly bad. Think they're opening one up here just up the road soon anyways so I'll be more likely to at least check it out given what you've said :)

e - Plus if they are actually treating their employees generally well that makes a hell of a difference I'm sure.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

My skill is that I never even think about Aldi

Stoner Sloth

I have the ability to poo poo up threads without even meaning to :downsrim:

ToxicSlurpee

-=SEND HELP=-

Stoner Sloth posted:

Cool - that makes sense, I'm comparing it to the Aussie conditions but it's silly of me to assume it's the same elsewhere really. And I mean here even they are no worse really than the two major supermarket chains in terms of trying to drop down employee conditions - not like they're particularly bad. Think they're opening one up here just up the road soon anyways so I'll be more likely to at least check it out given what you've said :)

e - Plus if they are actually treating their employees generally well that makes a hell of a difference I'm sure.

Do keep in mind that they're not an American company; they're actually German.

I'm sewage flavored.

Goons Are Gifts

I'm great at making bank and keeping a business in order, but I'm bad at actually marketing this.

Finger Prince

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Do keep in mind that they're not an American company; they're actually German.

They also own Trader Joe's.

alnilam

ToxicSlurpee posted:

:same: :hfive:

ty manifisto

bradzilla

I know that I don't actually have to enter my PIN when paying by debit card, you can just press the green button and the transaction will just process as credit. :smug:

google THIS

bradzilla posted:

I know that I don't actually have to enter my PIN when paying by debit card, you can just press the green button and the transaction will just process as credit. :smug:

I've also memorized the ones where you actually have to hit the red button to cancel the debit and select credit, and the ones where hitting that very same button cancels the whole drat thing and you have to swipe or insert your card again. Mostly. Most of the time.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I am really good at finding that last tiny paper fragment that is causing the copier or printer to still indicate a paper jam.

Historical Wizards

I can tell whether a strange noise was caused either by a bird or by a squirrel with around 85% accuracy.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

google THIS

I can read mirrored text fairly quickly and I can make my tongue look swollen as if stung by a bee.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

not my skill, but I have a friend who can eat all the cheese he wants and still poop normally.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Barking Gecko posted:

I am really good at finding that last tiny paper fragment that is causing the copier or printer to still indicate a paper jam.

Frick, you're hired

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I can comb and braid hair real fast if I'm not lazy

Finger Prince

This whole time I thought this thread was "PYF your unremarkable life skills".

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

This whole time I thought this thread was "PYF your unremarkable life skills".

Really, it's the same

google THIS

hamjobs posted:

Really, it's the same

idk some of these skills mentioned are pretty remarkable

Stoner Sloth

Historical Wizards posted:

I can tell whether a strange noise was caused either by a bird or by a squirrel with around 85% accuracy.

:same: which is worse than it sounds cause we don't have squirrels here.

alnilam

Barking Gecko posted:

I had a job for 3 years where this was most of the job so it's p marketable imo

Amateur Saboteur

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
- dry skin: spend incredible amounts on lotion

- warm body: hot all hell, sweating constantly

- thick fat

- cute charm

- prankster: regular bomb threats to grade schools

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amateur Saboteur

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
haha i meant TREATS bomb treats to grade school children

warheads, stuff like that

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!