Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

hollylolly posted:

“It would not be safe,” he said, looking at her intently, as if he were staring into her soul.

Vote:

A. “My father has money. He will pay handsomely for my return.”

AND

C. “It is not safe anywhere, sir, but I can take care of myself. Current situation notwithstanding.”

If this doesn't work I'm breaking out the full Blanche DuBois, "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

CourValant posted:

Vote:

A. “My father has money. He will pay handsomely for my return.”

AND

C. “It is not safe anywhere, sir, but I can take care of myself. Current situation notwithstanding.”

If this doesn't work I'm breaking out the full Blanche DuBois, "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."

This with a side of "Sir, it's no safe anywhere. But if they have me I'll surely burn, I'd take my chances with you than tied to the inquisition'S stake."

Metagaming, but I feel this may hit a soft spot.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A.)

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Captain Marco Fernandez tightened his grip on his sword. God would save them from these men - if men they were. The unnatural way the wind had ceased and the actions of at least one of the pirates brought to mind a demonic attack. Perhaps carrying a witch on board had drawn more of her kind.

The pirate captain was smiling and seemed pleasant, but Marco hardened his heart against the call to surrender. If they did not fight to keep their cargo from being stolen, he could face prison time himself under the laws of the British colonies.

He tore his eyes away from the man, and shouted to his men, “We fight! Drive them into the sea! God is with us!”

A ragged shout went up, and the crew fell upon the pirates with renewed vigor as Marco ran down to the main deck. He applied his sword with skill alongside his crew, and for a time it seemed that the Esmeralda would rally and push back the pirates.

“I don’t have time for this.” The dark haired pirate captain called over from his perch. “Jacob!”

Marco looked up in time to see the bosun go flying over the rail into the sea as the red bearded pirate shoved through toward him. The man’s fingers were unnaturally long, and he was bloody up to his elbows as he stalked toward the captain.

Marco squared up, sword held defensively as the big pirate got nearer. The other man held no weapon, though he was close enough now to make out that his hands were tipped with savage claws. With a practiced move, Captain Fernandez thrust inside the man’s reach, his sword penetrating the other’s belly with surprising ease as the one called Jacob snatched at it too slowly.

Gripping Marco’s sword as it impaled him, the pirate flashed a bloody grin and yanked the weapon out of the surprised captain’s hand. Withdrawing it from his body, Jacob threw it to the side and advanced.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Oh I like Jacob, he reminds me of me

Uhh I mean some of my characters yeah that's it

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

hollylolly posted:

Gripping Marco’s sword as it impaled him, the pirate flashed a bloody grin and yanked the weapon out of the surprised captain’s hand. Withdrawing it from his body, Jacob threw it to the side and advanced.

I can do this, I just don't wanna.

super sweet best pal posted:

Never give up, never surrender!

Not to distract from the present game, just wanted to say I miss you over in the Beaten Lands buddy. Hope you're well!

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 30, 2019

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

He paused, hand on the door, the distant shouts from the upper deck filtering in through the wooden walls of the cabin.

“It would not be safe,” he said, looking at her intently, as if he were staring into her soul.

“It is not safe anywhere, sir. I can take care of myself, current situation notwithstanding.” Jeanette stood up straighter and returned his gaze, trying to exude confidence despite her rumpled appearance and inner anxiety. “If I remain here I’ll surely burn: I’d rather take my chances with you than tied to the Inquisition’s stake.”

Thaddeus held her eyes a moment longer and then, apparently satisfied, opened the cabin door. “Come along then, Miss Vignes, you have a pretty way with words and I’d hate for such talent to be wasted.”

Heart in her throat, Jeanette hurried after him, the door closing behind them. Mr. Petalas led her to the ladder that led to the upper deck, the sounds of fighting growing louder and more frantic. He pulled a body out of the way, and looked up to the night sky with a frown.

“Bloody fools didn’t surrender,” he muttered, putting his thumb in his mouth and biting down. Withdrawing his hand, Thaddeus spoke something under his breath that did not sound like any language Jeanette had ever heard, a dark bead of blood welling up on the pad of his thumb.

He held his hand out toward her, as if he would smear the blood on her forehead. “This will help keep you safe.”

:siren: What does she do?
A.
Allow Thaddeus to smear his blood on her forehead, as if it were perfectly normal, pushing down any unease she is feeling
B. Allow it, but this is NOT normal and now she’s second guessing her decision to go with him
C. Do not allow it - jerk backwards and avoid the blood.
D. Something else: Write in

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

B

i feel like she'd be a little conflicted and not in much of a state to be very good at hiding it. a man drawing his own blood by bite and smearing it on you would be unsettling

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
B

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

hollylolly posted:

:siren: What does she do?

Vote: A - Allow Thaddeus to smear his blood on her forehead, as if it were perfectly normal, pushing down any unease she is feeling.

In for a penny, in for a pound; Jeanette is used to playing fortune teller and other parlor games for the idle rich, perhaps this is just another form of 'performance'.

CourValant fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 1, 2019

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

A

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

B

Yeah we play at being a mystic, but that's not the same as some dude you just met actually smearing blood all over your face.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
A. Its probably some silly pirate thing.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

A=3
B=3

I need a tie breaker or two. :)

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yeah, B. It's weird, but go with it.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Jeanette froze as he gently rested his fingers in her tangled hair and traced his bloodied thumb across her forehead. Perhaps she had made the wrong decision after all. It took a moment for him to complete whatever it was he was drawing, all the while he spoke softly under his breath.

The wet sensation on her skin faded into a warm glow, and she imagined her whole body was tingling as Thaddeus finished whatever it was he was doing.

“Don’t go too far,” he said, running his hand down along the side of her face until he cupped her chin, fingers touching her neck as her heart pounded with fear, or adrenaline. “This won’t last long.”

He turned and started up the ladder toward the chaos above, but she hesitated rather than following. She played at reading fortunes and dabbled with astrology, but men who muttered unintelligible phrases while dabbing blood on one’s head was something else entirely.

Jeanette put a hand on the wall as she ship rocked gently, looking back toward the captain’s cabin when someone staggered up the passage from the other direction and made a grab for her.

“Heretic!”

It was the nun who had been sitting outside her cell. Jeanette pulled out of the way of the nun’s grasping hands, moving more quickly than she thought possible and deftly avoiding capture. The nun hissed and snatched at her again, and again Jeanette darted out of her reach with ease.

“Miss Vignes!” Thaddeus called down the ladder. “If you are coming, then come!”

Jeanette panicked, pushing past the angry nun and quickly up the ladder, her reflexes sharper than they’d ever been before.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Throw a lamp down the stairs at the nun. gently caress em, let em burn.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Outrail posted:

Throw a lamp down the stairs at the nun. gently caress em, let em burn.

If you really do want to torch the boat, and I'm not saying that I agree with it, can we please wait till we're at least off the boat?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

CourValant posted:

If you really do want to torch the boat, and I'm not saying that I agree with it, can we please wait till we're at least off the boat?

Could you tell my old D&D group that?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Please do not set the good Captain's boat on fire.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Once she gained the upper deck, she gathered her skirts and hurried after Thaddeus as he strode through the sword fighting. It was almost as if no one could see him, the way he simply walked across the deck unimpeded. She struggled to stay in his wake, but her body was responding easily to her panic, and no errant sword or fist could strike her.

A gentleman in fine clothing was facing off with a big ginger pirate, and Jeanette realized in shock that he was the captain of the vessel. She had seen him briefly as she’d been dragged aboard, but he had not looked at her.

He looked startled, weaponless as the pirate tossed a bloodied sword to the side and advanced on him. The captain ducked under an open handed swipe and barrelled into his opponent, trying to knock him off balance.

“I have the logs, and the map.” Thaddeus was calling across to the pirate ship, and another man who was standing on the rail with a hand hooked into the ropes for balance. The dark haired man frowned as if he couldn’t hear, and Thaddeus sighed.

“Stop. Stop!

The fighting men nearest him halted, Spanish sailor and pirate alike. Jeanette huddled at Thaddeus’ back, looking around with frightened eyes.

“I have the map and logs, Erik,” Thaddeus repeated. “If you want the cargo as well, let us be done with it.”

The man called Erik looked up over Thaddeus’ head and shouted, “Don’t kill him, Jacob, I want to make an example of him!”

The fighting on the deck petered out as the red-haired pirate hefted the captain in the air by his neck, the man struggling in his grasp.

Marco clawed at the hand holding him up, getting just barely enough air to stay conscious. Jacob had slashed him across the chest with his claws, leaving his shirt in ribbons as blood seeped from the wounds, and now he was slowly choking to death as his crew looked on in horror.

It appeared that whoever was still alive was losing the will to fight.

Jacob looked over at the pirate captain. “Do you want to take him with us?”

:siren: What do you do, Marco?
A. Spit in his face, defiant to the last
B. Croak an order to your crew, keep fighting even if you die!
C. Panic at the face of death, struggle to hold onto your reason.
D. Go limp and play dead…??
E. Pray to God for deliverance from this evil while you struggle to stay alive
F. Something else: Write in

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

F. KICK 'IM IN THE NUTS

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Crazycryodude posted:

F. KICK 'IM IN THE NUTS

Agreed

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

hollylolly posted:

:siren: What do you do, Marco?

Vote: F - Something else: Write in

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee, thou all-destroying but unconquering Demon."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Crazycryodude posted:

F. KICK 'IM IN THE NUTS

Of course

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

E

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
E

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

F if nutkicking is in fact an option.

E if not.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

A quick kick to the testicles is almost always an available write in option. :v:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Captain Marco Fernandez didn’t wait for the reply to come. He brought his knee up as hard as he could into the bearded pirate’s groin, surprising the bigger man into doubling over. The pirate’s hand opened and Marco, still holding onto his wrist for leverage to keep his windpipe from being crushed, threw himself backwards.

Jacob cursed loudly as Marco fell to the deck, his face nearly as red as his beard as he caught his breath. The captain stumbled to his feet, backward toward the rail as he tried to put distance between himself and Jacob. His sword was nearby, and he dove toward it, only to be stopped as a boot came down hard on the blade before he could grab it.

He looked up into the dark eyes of the pirate captain, a man who’d been yards away a few moments before. The pirate leveled a flintlock at Marco’s head.

“We just want the muskets I know you have in the hold. It didn’t have to be this difficult.” Erik flipped the pistol in his hand and struck Captain Fernandez across the face, sending him to the deck, unconscious.

“Round up the crew!” he called to his men, clapping a coughing Jacob on the back. “Get the crates onto our ship.”

Erik looked down at the deck, noting the dead and wounded with a cold eye. “Pick a few of the Spanish and bring them aboard.” He looked over to Thaddeus, who was standing across the deck with the logbook under his arm and a young woman beside him.

As the merchant crew was herded to the fore of the ship Thaddeus crossed the blood spattered deck toward Erik, the girl following him like a shadow.

The pirate captain narrowed his eyes, indicating the girl. “Who is this? Captain’s ...daughter?”

“A heretic bound for Colombia, actually. There is an inquisitor on board. I am taking her with me.” Thaddeus did not sound like he was asking for permission, and Erik shook his head.

“Another pet? You know how I feel about women on board the ship.” He stared at the girl and she shrank away from his gaze. “The loving Spanish Inquisition, it just figures. Did you kill the priest?”

“No,” said Thaddeus, “I left him in the captain’s quarters after relieving him of his prisoner.”

:siren: What to do with Capt. Fernandez and Inquisitor Castillo?
A. Bring them along, I’m sure the pirates can find a use for them as hostages, or … something else.
B. Bring Marco, leave Castillo
C. Bring Castillo, leave Marco
D. Kill them both?
E. Kill one - specify which
F. Leave them both on the merchant ship, we have what we want with the weapons shipment.
G. Something else: Write in

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
B

E - Kill Castillo

Marco has enough chutzpah to kick Jacob in the fork while being lifted by the throat Vader-style. Can't help but admire that, guy could be fun to have around.

Also laugh at Jacob for getting his ship's bells rung.

Castillo dying in a pirate raid will bring a lot less heat down than Castillo hollering to the Inquisition about demons and witches and supernatural pirates. He needs to die without reporting.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Lemniscate Blue posted:

B

E - Kill Castillo

Marco has enough chutzpah to kick Jacob in the fork while being lifted by the throat Vader-style. Can't help but admire that, guy could be fun to have around.

Castillo dying in a pirate raid will bring a lot less heat down than Castillo hollering to the Inquisition about demons and witches and supernatural pirates. He needs to die without reporting.

This. I like the captain. He's a good sport in a nut shotting a vampire kinda way.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Vote: +1

Can't argue with that logic.

Castillo seems like a problematic loose end to leave behind.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I'm trying to weigh what we know so far of the pirate-vampire's motivations. Is there any reason not to kill everyone they leave behind on the ship instead of taking as cattle/cannon-fodder? Aside from it being uncouth. I'm not sure manners are sufficient reason to let any reports of demons get out.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
A Let's see how heresy tolerant our inquisitor can be.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lemniscate Blue posted:

B

E - Kill Castillo

+1, there's hope for Captain Nutshot yet, but inquisitors are way more trouble than they're worth. So unfortunate that Inquisitor Castillo was cut down by those bloody pirates, but these things do tend to happen. He fought bravely etc. etc. It'll draw far less heat than his mysterious disappearance or especially leaving him here to report back to his boss about vampires on the high seas.

E: Wait poo poo what are we gonna do about the nun. She'll presumably have far less pull than the Inquisitor, but she is still part of the church hierarchy and her reports of demon-pirates may be taken more seriously than that of random sailors.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

+1, there's hope for Captain Nutshot yet, but inquisitors are way more trouble than they're worth. So unfortunate that Inquisitor Castillo was cut down by those bloody pirates, but these things do tend to happen. He fought bravely etc. etc. It'll draw far less heat than his mysterious disappearance or especially leaving him here to report back to his boss about vampires on the high seas.

Just throwing this out there, but, what exactly has Castillo seen that would make him think there are demons or vampires involved in this pirate raid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Well they rescued the witch he was holding so they're already suspect, and if we leave him here alive he'll eventually get around to talking to some of the sailors that are on deck and HAVE seen the undeniably supernatural stuff.