Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

vorebane posted:

beg Bjorm for a heavy crossbow,

Haha, shout is Bjorn, frond verily slick! Concern none, but gasp of twine and thunder is none in belong sack. Tozi! Requisitioned, one vintage of strongest cord, server of great volley!

>Buying a Heavy Crossbow 45$
>Giving Heavy Crossbow to Viscous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Eyyyy Call me Slid Viscous!

I look like a A0!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Jumping in as Ashti Zann, using Premade E with sprite I1!

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

((
Okayy, hopefully this is mostly correct! Had a couple of minor errors::
>> Gusicoes: No Iron Pickaxes remaining in storage.
>> Slid: No Ninja sword / Iron longsword in storage. Have filled with Iron Shortsword instead.

Occupancy is currently 19 out of 24
At 24 we'll have to stop accepting new players because holy hell.
Thank you so much to everyone who has joined up so far! Hope you have a good time. :)
))

==========================================
STORE ====================================
========================================

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Ashti Zann

> Retrieve Padded Greatcoat from storage and equip it
> Sell Traveller's Clothes

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 15, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ghorg

>Load scroll of telekinesis with the other two spells, place second scroll of telekinesis in storage.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Algal Bloom

Give iron pickaxe to Mr&Mrs Guiscoes

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby-Jack grimaced as he gave the new arrivals side-eye. Could they really be trusted? One of them had already broken one of the tables too, it would seem.

Hm.

Then again, he had all these fancy tools now. Might as well get in some practice.

> Use Repair Kit to fix that table that KLOMBO one of the perfidious newcomers broke.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
Well, I now understand the nature of the Archaic Curse…

Terms, Effects & Errata posted:

+Archaic Curse
Each round there is a 10% chance a rune will appear at the character's feet. One round later, a Soul Flayer will spawn at the rune's location.
The spawn may act immediately. This effect does not proc in the guild.

If another character is adjacent to this character when the spawn chance roll is being made, there is a 40% chance the Archaic Curse will spread to them. This effect does not proc in the guild, or on a round when the character enters a mission map via an portal.

Shiiiiiiit.
I concur, though it could be worse. Unfortunately, this is beyond my means to unravel. An Abjurative would do the job, but alas I don't see any of those lying under the couch.
Well heck. Sorry guys, guess you gotta pack up your poo poo and get going. Keep in mind the noble sacrifice you make for the good of others, yadda yadda.
Let's not be hasty. There is another option, it's just a little less conventional. With the right knowledge, Divine Reliquaries of sufficient power can be used to ease apart a curse knot, though they're gradually consumed by the process. We would need to retrieve one and bring it here so I could use it to decurse the afflicted. Danaz, do you think that you could find someplace with something suitable for our needs?
...Huh? Oh.. I ca- I can have a look. Sure.
Fantastic. Of course, nobody is going to just let us take their reliquary and essentially defile it, so it'll fall to the rest of you to 'persuade' the current owners to part with it. I assume you understand what the added emphasis on 'persuade' means.

Gravedust fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 15, 2020

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe

"I have to thank you again for the anniversary gift, Jane. This arbalest could punch a hole in an carthorse from a quarter-mile away! I can't wait to put it to use!"

WereGoat posted:

Algal Bloom

Give iron pickaxe to Mr&Mrs Guiscoes

"Tha' y' Bloom. Di'n wan' u' tha' ru'y pi' of 'hi' in th' s'or'."

"My wife gives you her thanks."

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Yawwwwwn

Slag half-falls, half-rolls out of bed to examine the new recruits, knocking over an empty bottle.

Above the bed a chalk bullseye has been scrawled across the wood, scattered with tenuously embedded knives.

Their presence is announced by the smell of fermented grapes as they study Ghorg oddly.

Buy Steel Waraxe for Ghorg (they just made space)

Slag shoves the weapon into Ghorg's hand and wobbles back a few steps.

He frames the specter between his fingers and just says "Art."

Snipe/Dibs Telekinesis Scroll (just stashed)

The carousing duelist grabs some reading material before heading for the outhouse.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Ashti Zann

Ashti checks the fasteners of her new ("new") greatcoat. It was restricting, but that was worth it -- and worth accepting the loan, at least for a while. Ideally, she'd prove herself soon and earn this sort of gift properly. Although...

She cleared her throat. "I don't want to beg" -- and she didn't, she truly didn't -- "but if anyone's got anything for finding and disarming traps going spare, I wouldn't mind it. Help me help you, yeah?"

Simple enough. They seemed a jolly enough group; hopefully they wouldn't hold any little acts of charity against her, once she proved herself. Which had better be soon.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ghorg blinked.

"I'm... Not entirely sure what just happened, but alright. Probably going to end up in the thick of things one way or another."

Ghorg takes a few test swings, comparing it with the sword.

"A bit heftier than what I'm used to, but it'll do the trick."

"Anyways, have you... Oh. Hm. Already gone."

Shrugging, Ghorg turns back to the empty bookcase. Empty bookcases are always a shame, but perhaps Ghorg could do something about this one. Maybe.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
• Barbed Tongues let me know that they won't be available to play much, so Chethosk has retired! departing amiably (and still alive!) for other adventures and generously leaving their items in storage. (Tozi may have snagged some of the more common things)

===========================================
STORE =====================================
===========================================

People with curses stay behind the yellow line.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Fjorm

Buy Iron Cleaver (-45$)
Hand Iron Cleaver to Valter

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Yoink special ammo from storage

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Ashti Zann

"Kind of him to leave a few things behind. Hope it's a nice retirement."

> Take Ironleaf Chestplate and Steam Drill Mk. 1 from storage
> Equip Ironleaf Chestplate
> Put Greatcoat and Rusty Pickaxe in storage

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Thank Fjorm.

Equip iron cleaver. Unequip Claymore.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Honiko Bonik

> Selling from Storage: 2x Rusted Pickaxes ($10/2)
> Selling from Storage (given back from AJ_Impy / Valter just below): 1x Iron Claymore ($40/2)

> Buying 3x Iron Throwing Knives ($12) and putting them in Storage earmarked for Ashti Zann

Net Total: +$25 -$12 = +$13 for Honiko

> Urging Ashti Zann take the following items with them from Storage:
- 5x Iron Throwing Knives
- Wrist Launcher
- Trap Kit Mk 2

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 16, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Return claymore to Honiko Bonik.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Ashti Zann

> Follow Honiko Bonik's urging and retrieve 5x Iron Throwing Knife, Wrist Launcher, and Trap Kit Mk. 2 from storage

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
HEY!!! EVERYBODY GET IN HERE!!!
All right, it's time to get off your asses actually make some money! …And I guess desperately seek escape from the tangled web of an ancient deadly curse or whatever. Danaz! What have you got for us?
Um… Okay.. so … I have.. uh.. a few places, that look good. Also I M-managed to find a reliquary… The best news is, that it's outside the Sea of Corruption's reach, so.. there won't.. uh.. they can take their time retrieving it. It's a temple to.. some kind of minor ocean god.. Not of hu-humaniod make.. I think the Seagrym build it. The Seagrym.. They.. uh.. They live in the water.
Wow. What earth-shattering insight. Okay, where else have you got?
Two of the areas we hit before are A-available again. The sea's moved back out and we can go back. If we.. uh. .want.
I found a few more re-- uh.. relatively safe areas.. Another shallow cave like the first we went to… Also a sea cavern.. popular with pirates, once.. a system of.. uh.. deep tide pools, called the Brine Cauldrons.
Also a few places a little. to- um.. tougher.. an old necropolis from before the war… Hopefully.. without.. um.. without whatever is was that cursed you l-last time… Probably a lot of traps in this one too, though...
The last is.. um.. It's an old gnomish factorium… Dr-drowned by the Sea like most of them were.. Probably just the golems left down there n-now… and those things hit .. um. P-pretty hard… Um.. Gnomes aren't much for hidden traps. They still have traps. They.. um.. they just aren't hidden. Uh.. maybe bring disarm kits. …And pickaxes to break down barricades…
Sounds wonderful. Alright, I'm sick of making the tough decisions around here, and-or feeing guilty whenever you idiots get yourselves cursed to death or whatever, so you all figure out where you want to go.

===== MAP VOTE! ====
We can have maximum of 4 maps open at once, so this is the first of 4 votes. We are only voting on the FIRST map to open. The rest of the votes will be spaced apart by a few days.
(Please do no indicate that you'd like to join the map yet, that will be a separate thing tomorrow, and will go according to the prio list.)
Every player that has a character can vote. (even if they are on a mission)
If you want to change for vote, please edit your original vote post to reflect your new choice.
Vote will remain open until 24 hours have elapsed, all players have voted, or a clear majority has developed.
The map with the most votes wins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Map list / difficulty range ---
Locations marked with a '#' are not available. (The Sea has yet to retreat)
the number of 'x' at the end indicates the number of times the location has been visited.
Difficulty ranges are based on the kinds of enemies likely to be encountered, but are mostly gut feelings on the part of the GM. Some rare mobs may be outliers on the difficulty range.
Difficulty does not always match up with the XP values of mobs in a location, so you can consult the GM on whether a given map would be likely to grant worthwhile XP to a character that goes there.
code:
RAIDS =======================================================
Wind-Hewn Cavern		(Cave)			[****-]x
Mudflow Caves			(Cave)			[****-] 
Relinquished Mine		(Mine)			[****-]x
#Alcazae Bastion#		(Castle)		[--***][-----]x
Brine Cauldrons			(Sea Cave)		[-****][-----] 
#Archaic Halls#			(Tomb)			[---**][*----]x
Xem Caizo Necropolis		(Tomb)			[--***][**---]
Assemblery XIX			(Gnomish)		[---**][***--]

CRAWLS ===========================================================
Altar of Tides			(Water Temple)		[---**][***--]  {Reliquary}  (capacity 6)

=================================================
STORE ===========================================
=================================================

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Darrin

"drat, that woman told me I'd be cursed if I left her and her twitchy nose. I thought she was angry, didn't know she was a seer. Me, I'd like to recover the reliquary. Who's with me?"

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jane Brogger

"Pirates! Pirates! Pirates!" Jane overhears Darrin and gives a sheepish look. "Oh right, the curse. Yeah, someone take care of that so I can go see the pirates!"

Jane is voting for someone else to go to the Altar of Tides!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Rodric von Richter

Vote for Altar of Tides

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Algal Bloom

"If people are afflicted with a curse, opening the Altar of Tides first would be wise."

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Honiko Bonik

With the needs of their newest recruits more-or-less sorted out with the help of the guild's Storage lockers, Honiko found herself starting to feel antsy right before Tozi raised the announcement for a guildhall gathering.

Honiko hustled through the guild's corridors past several others to be at the front of the pack so she could hear every last detail from the boss and Danaz. Honiko was second only to Klombo, who'd thought it wise to stand centered on the summoning circle before any of the teleportation rituals had been performed on it.

When their options had been laid out for them at last, Honiko spoke up.

"We have to get that Reliquary, obviously," Honiko spoke, clearly bristling at having so many of the accursed standing so close to her, "and if the Altar of Tides is where we can find it then that's where we'll have to go."

"That said, speaking of cleansing corruption..."

At the next breather in the discussion, Honiko nipped over to the guild's shop to make a quick purchase - an investment for later.

> Buying White Marble Chunk from Shop and putting it into Storage (-$70)

Total: $80 - $70 = $10

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 17, 2020

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe

"I fi'r' w' ge' th' b' 'ob ou' o' th' wa' fir'."

Altar of Tides

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
"Course most laden is direction sunk fanatic. Do foot charge over element of like squid? Is solvent mystery!"

(Probably a vote for the Altar of Tides.)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Ashti Zann

"Yes, I think it's clear where we need to start. Get to that Altar of Tides and get those curses off."

TomatoTime
Jan 16, 2020
New Character Submit

Name: Romper Crisma

I'd like to use Premade-C if possible.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

"Not a big fan of, uhh...", Bobby-Jack spoke up, obviously a bit uncomfortable about being stuck in a crowd, "Of having to constantly worry about being flanked by curse-haunts. The Altar of Tides seems like something we need to loot to get that sorted out."

Theantero fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 17, 2020

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Phone posting - Altar of Tides

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

"If it means not being paired with someone suffering a contagious curse, then alright."
"Altar of Tides it is."
"Now if you'll excuse me a moment, I need to drop this off."
"And maybe rummage for ink."

>Leaving Iron Sword in storage.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
Okay it sounds like The tide place is the winner. Danaz! Fire that thing up!
Huh..? Oh.. Yeah.. One moment.
… Godsdamn theres a lot of you guys… OKAY, WHO WANTS TO GO THE THE ALTER OF WHATEVER!! RAISE YOUR HAND!!

===================================================
Please indicate you want to go to the Altar of Tides! If there are more joiners than slots (6) players higher on the priority list will have.. Uh.. Priority.
((::Note:: I will -try- to get a special update out this weekend that shows the starting position for the map, but no rounds will be processed until Monday.
Thanks everyone for your patience so far in this lengthy period of playing with paper dolls. :P I hope to have at least 2 more maps going by the end of next week.
))

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

KLOMBO will KLOMGO

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Darrin

"I'll go to the Altar of Tides, hope this ends better than the last time I was at an altar."

Buy from shop
10 rounds of ammo
2 rations
-20 money

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 17, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"Sure, I'm in."

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Rodric von Richter

Rodric von Richter raises the turkey leg he's been snacking on. "You have my sword!"

"... imagine I flourished my blade dramatically. Don't want grease on the hilt."

Rodric moves to join the Altar of Tides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Slag Rolodex

"I've always wanted to loot a temple. Count me in."