Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So it seems like there are 5 or 6, maybe more, knowledge skills. And if you want to Recall Knowledge about a creature you roll one of those skills. Society is apparently used for most humanoids. Like Religion would be used for Undead, or Nature for animals.

So yeah maybe not great in this game, though some skill feats or Investigator feats can really stretch the use of Society to cover other skills, but again that would be more useful for a city setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
Each social skill can do something in combat with a low action cost (Diplomacy's Bon Mot costs a feat though) , so they aren't complete dead weight. There are fewer things immune to mental effects (and a lot else) in PF2e than you might expect if you've played other d&ds.

On what to expect, from the Op I'm going to emphasize a piece: "Accounts relate that it is quite unlikely that any adventurers will ever find the chamber where the demi-lich Acererak lingers, for the passages and rooms of the Tomb are fraught with terrible traps, poison gases, and magical protections."

Also, looks like that thievery comparison is rougher than I thought--i missed that the circumstance bonus is just +1 from Trap Finder if Thievery is below master. So 15% chance at critical failure. Though with effective use of Aid (having a Bard in the party) you can get +1-3 circumstance either way.

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
E: double post.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Okay, so I made a halfling sorceror as well:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tYOXEAWCrHx7pbVGOEOhROyjzgm-AnVDpYl9XCn40G4/edit?usp=sharing

I don't have a clue on whether this or the elf wizard are any good

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rZ0YEKNqD0VQR9XOiFkw4SFi3C0zun7sGqS_5C1NIno/edit?usp=sharing

And I really don't know what to pick for the magic items (I know they are both devoid of defenses)

Can I get advice for either of the above?

Or should i just make a champion and be the tank guy and let somebody with more experience at pathfinder be the main spellcaster?

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
Here's the bard I was playing with:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZiKTYCT6Ke5xGnlST3g_kbeZ8-5-t3lk/view?usp=sharing

And here's the trap focused rogue:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_yRE2fnM9vsdiz9zZJy_H8PtQEU0lxSG/view?usp=sharing

It seems like a pretty fun system overall. I'm still playing around with items for a Champion, not really sure what to pick for him honestly.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gPvhJ6-rMtoyPvuhQUsPA19Y4_lb7Ydd/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Nevermind, figured that out.

NovaLion fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 26, 2020

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019

Mykkel posted:

Okay, so I made a halfling sorceror as well:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tYOXEAWCrHx7pbVGOEOhROyjzgm-AnVDpYl9XCn40G4/edit?usp=sharing

I don't have a clue on whether this or the elf wizard are any good

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rZ0YEKNqD0VQR9XOiFkw4SFi3C0zun7sGqS_5C1NIno/edit?usp=sharing

And I really don't know what to pick for the magic items (I know they are both devoid of defenses)

Can I get advice for either of the above?

Or should i just make a champion and be the tank guy and let somebody with more experience at pathfinder be the main spellcaster?

Both spell lists seem reasonable to me.

As far as gear:
-a level 10 greater staff of whatever you want to cast. This is better than the higher level ring of wizardry because you could cast an extra higher level spell or get almost as many low level ones.
- 2 wands with level 4 spells
- level 7 ring of wizardry
- 1 level 3 spell wand

The casters don't gain as much from skill gear, outside of the social gear for a sorc, which you could sub it for the level 4 or 3 wands.

They're bad with weapons and don't need them with cantrips, and mage armor is a way to trade a spell slot for gear.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Sorceror doesn't have access to Mage Armor. Am I reading this correctly, that I need to know the spells in the staffs or wands to cast them? (Can you tell I haven't played a character with access to magic items beyond blah weapon +1 in a long time?)

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
It's just got to be on your spell list, but not known to you. So you can cast any arcane or primal spells you find on staves.

Without mage armor, throw +1 resilient explorers clothing on that list. With it, probably another wand or misc magic item.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

2013 lurker rereg posted:

It's just got to be on your spell list, but not known to you. So you can cast any arcane or primal spells you find on staves.

Without mage armor, throw +1 resilient explorers clothing on that list. With it, probably another wand or misc magic item.

Thank you. One last dumb question. Can wizards\sorcerors use a shield without having a proficiency in armor?

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 26, 2020

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Mykkel posted:

Thank you. One last dumb question. Can wizards\sorcerors use a shield without having a proficiency in armor?

Looking through the Core book (granted that's all I have), I don't see any class explicitly having "trained in shields" so I think they technically can, but I'm pretty sure staves are 2-hands which would make you unable to wield both at the same time. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Also, any thoughts/problems on the characters I posted above?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Here have a random PF1 summoner to see if it spurs interest enough to build a party. He has a plethora of people other than himself to go first and find the bad stuff and is hugely over provisioned, but I still think he's doomed.

Daniel Doom
Male half-elf summoner (master summoner) 9 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 54, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 80)
CG Medium humanoid (elf, human)
Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 91 (9d8+19)
Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8; +1 luck bonus vs. traps, +2 racial bonus vs. necromancy and curse spells and spell like abilities and to remove negative levels
DR 1/—
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee +1 pitfall adamantine elven branched spear +7/+2 (1d8+1/×3) or
. . mwk cold iron elven branched spear +7/+2 (1d8/×3) or
. . mwk silver elven branched spear +7/+2 (1d8-1/×3)
Ranged paueliel composite longbow +10/+5 (1d8/×3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. with +1 pitfall adamantine elven branched spear, 10 ft. with masterwork cold iron elven branched spear, 10 ft. with masterwork silver elven branched spear)
Special Attacks maker's call 1/day, transposition
Summoner Spell-Like Abilities (CL 9th; concentration +15)
. . 11/day—summoning mastery
Summoner (Master Summoner) Spells Known (CL 9th; concentration +15)
. . 3rd (4/day)—dimension door, draconic ally, greater invisibility, wall of ice (DC 19)
. . 2nd (6/day)—barkskin, lesser evolution surge[APG] (DC 18), glitterdust (DC 19), haste
. . 1st (7/day)—grease, mage armor, mount, protection from evil, snowball[UW]
. . 0 (at will)—acid splash, detect magic, guidance, mage hand, message, open/close (DC 16)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 22
Base Atk +6.75; CMB +6; CMD 19
Feats Augment Summoning, Boon Companion[UW], Eldritch Heritage[UM], Exotic Heritage (Knowledge [nature])[UW], Spell Focus (conjuration), Summon Good Monster, Superior Summoning[UM]
Traits auspicious tattoo (shoanti), reactionary
Skills Acrobatics +0 (-4 to jump), Fly +4, Handle Animal +10, Knowledge (arcana) +5, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (engineering) +5, Knowledge (geography) +5, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (local) +5, Knowledge (nature) +7, Knowledge (nobility) +5, Knowledge (planes) +5, Knowledge (religion) +5, Linguistics +13, Perception +0, Ride +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Spellcraft +13, Use Magic Device +18
Languages Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Infernal, Sylvan, Terran
SQ blightborn[HA], elf blood, illustrious urbanite, lesser eidolon, life link
Combat Gearblunt arrows[APG] (50), cold iron durable arrow (50), lesser extend metamagic rod, wand of cure light wounds; Other Gear +1 restful trapwarding adamantine haramaki[UC], +1 pitfall adamantine elven branched spear, mwk cold iron elven branched spear, mwk silver elven branched spear, paueliel composite longbow, cloak of resistance +2, cracked dusty rose prism ioun stone, efficient quiver, headband of alluring charisma +2, secure paypack, daniel doom's mundane gear in secure paypack (worth 4,300 gp), 737 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Animal Companion Link (Ex) Handle or push Animal Companion faster, +4 to checks vs. them.
Augment Summoning Summoned creatures have +4 to Strength and Constitution.
Blightborn +2 to save vs. necromancy, curses, and temp negative levels.
Boon Companion (Animal Companion) Companion or familiar abilities are treated as if you were a higher level.
Damage Reduction (1/-) You have Damage Reduction against all attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Elf Blood Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
Illustrious Urbanite You may leave buildings & structures undamaged when casting spells of the chosen school.
Lesser Eidolon A master summoner's class level is halved (minimum 1) for the purposes of determining his eidolon's abilities, Hit Dice, evolution pool, and so on.

The eidolon otherwise functions as normal. This ability replaces the summoner's normal eidolon
Life Link (Su) Damage that dismisses Eidolon can be taken by you. It weakens if not in 100 ft.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Maker's Call/Transposition (1/day) (Su) Eidolon teleports to an adjacent square or you switch places, as dimension door.
Share Spells with Companion (Ex) Can cast spells with a target of "you" on animal companion, as touch spells.
Spell Focus (Conjuration) Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
Summon Good Monster You can summon from a special list, who gain Diehard as a bonus feat.
Summoning Mastery V (11/day) (Sp) You can summon monsters as a spell like ability, maintaining 1 even when Eidolon is summoned.
Superior Summoning When summoning more than one creature, summon an extra one
Sylvan Your magic shows a kinship to that of the beast-talkers and shapechanger fey.
Transposition (Su) Use maker's call to swap locations with eidolon.
--------------------

--------------------

Animal Companion CR –
Warcat of rull (Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Belkzen, Hold of the Orc Lords)
N Large animal
Init +3; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +7
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 21 (+3 Dex, +12 natural, -1 size)
hp 96 (8d8+32)
Fort +10, Ref +9, Will +3 (+4 morale bonus vs. enchantment effects); +2 morale vs. abilities of aberrations, outsiders, and undead, +2 vs. death
Defensive Abilities evasion
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +14 (1d8+8), 2 claws +13 (1d6+8)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks pounce, rake (2 claws +13, 1d6+8)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 26, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 5
Base Atk +6; CMB +15 (+19 grapple); CMD 28
Feats Devotion Against The Unnatural[UW], Fey Foundling[ISWG], Spell Sponge, Weapon Focus (bite)
Tricks Attack, Attack, Attack Any Target, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Exclusive, Guard, Guide, Heel, Serve
Skills Acrobatics +7 (+11 to jump), Climb +12, Fly +5, Perception +7, Stealth +3, Swim +12
SQ attack any target, combat riding, devotion, exclusive, guide, serve
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Attack Any Target [Trick] The animal will attack any creature on command.
Combat Riding [Trick] The animal has been trained to bear a rider into combat.
Devotion +4 (Ex) +4 morale bonus on Will saves vs. enchantment effects.
Devotion against the Unnatural Gain additional resistance to certain creatures’ abilities
Evasion (Ex) No damage on successful reflex save.
Exclusive [Trick] Takes orders only from its trainer.
Fey Foundling Magical healing works better on you
Grab (Large) (Ex) You can start a grapple as a free action if you hit with the designated weapon.
Guide [Trick] Act as a guide for those that are blinded or otherwise unable to see.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Pounce (Ex) You can make a full attack as part of a charge.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ ft. by sense of smell.
Serve [Trick, Hero] Takes orders from designated creature.
Spell Sponge Double duration when master targets you with a harmless spell with a target of "you".

--------------------

Eidolon CR –
Female avian (Pathfinder Player Companion: Cohorts and Companions)
CG Small outsider
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +12
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 15 (+4 Dex, +4 natural, +1 size)
hp 30 (3d10)
Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +3
Defensive Abilities evasion
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (good)
Melee cestus +8 (1d3-1/19-20) or
. . 2 claws +8 (1d3-1)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 9, Dex 19, Con 11, Int 9, Wis 10, Cha 11
Base Atk +3; CMB +1; CMD 15
Feats Additional Traits, Weapon Finesse
Traits reactionary, trap finder
Skills Acrobatics +5, Climb +0, Disable Device +19, Escape Artist +5, Fly +14, Knowledge (arcana) +0, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +0, Knowledge (nature) +0, Knowledge (planes) +3, Knowledge (religion) +0, Linguistics +0, Perception +12, Spellcraft +0, Stealth +12, Use Magic Device +9; Racial Modifiers +8 Disable Device, +8 Perception, +8 Use Magic Device
Languages Auran, Common
Other Gear cestus[APG], Thieves' Tools (concealable), Cat Burglar's Kit
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Evasion (Ex) No damage on successful reflex save.
Fly (30 feet, Good) You can fly!

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019

Mykkel posted:

Anyone can use a shield, but it's an action each turn to raise one and it costs a general feat for non fighters, champs, and druids to be able to use the "shield block" reaction. Shield blocking cuts damage on a hit when you have the shield raised but also wears down the shield. The shield also ties up a hand.

Shields work best as an alternative to a third iterative attack for characters that want to stand next to monsters. But for non-primal spell casters, the "Shield" cantrip is as action efficient without using a hand for 1 less ac.

NovaLion, I think the rogue and bard character sheets got truncated (should be a lot more bonus feats? and the cantrips from going wiz), and the alchemical lab is probably unnecessary in the short game time frame. Otherwise things look reasonable to me, though you might want to shuffle stats a little to avoid 19s.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

2013 lurker rereg posted:

NovaLion, I think the rogue and bard character sheets got truncated (should be a lot more bonus feats? and the cantrips from going wiz), and the alchemical lab is probably unnecessary in the short game time frame. Otherwise things look reasonable to me, though you might want to shuffle stats a little to avoid 19s.

I was playing around with Pathbuilder to make the sheets, maybe it didn't export properly? I'll try to fix them up in the morning.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Anias do you use any specific program to make your sheet? Or did you just do it all by hand?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Ryuujin posted:

Anias do you use any specific program to make your sheet? Or did you just do it all by hand?

Herolab.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Anias posted:

Herolab.

Wish there was an equivalent to this for pathfinder 2, that is so much quicker than flipping back and forth between pdf pages to understand what things are.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
I redid the rogue and made sure that everything was being caught in the export.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RkKMN0_jxkEqjZofMpvWnHn6qVcweAE/view?usp=sharing

Pretty excited to try and die!

Edit: Permissions.

NovaLion fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 29, 2020

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Ended up sticking with the wizard:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EXG5vVMR8WLIrPLX4tlH9xdORX2VElq_/view?usp=sharing
Familiar: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1beB6blGPGMs3iRFOreXt_qFRo_eKj-6L/view?usp=sharing

Marathas
Male elf wizard 11 Advanced Player's Guide
CG, Medium, Elf, Humanoid
Perception +17 (+19 to Seek when move especially slowly, +19 to initiative rolls., +19 to Seek a unseen creature that you hear within 30ft.); low-light vision
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnomish, Goblin, Orcish, Sylvan
Skills
Academia Lore +18, Acrobatics +17 (+19 to initiative rolls.), Arcana +24 (+26 to identify evocation magic., Take only 10 minutes per spell level to learn a spell. In addition use downtime to learn and inscribe new spells.),
Athletics +0 (+2 to initiative rolls.), Crafting +22, Deception +14 (+16 to initiative rolls.), Diplomacy +14 (+16 to initiative rolls.), Elven Lore +18, Intimidation +14, Nature +15 (+17 to identify evocation magic.),
Occultism +18 (+20 to identify evocation magic.), Religion +15 (+17 to identify evocation magic.), Society +18, Stealth +19 (+21 to initiative rolls.)
Str 10 (+0), Dex 18 (+4), Con 18 (+4), Int 20 (+5), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 12 (+1)
Other Items
resilient explorer’s clothing, greater staff of evocation, backpack, bag of holding II, bedroll
belt pouch, belt pouch, chalks (10), flint and steel, greater hat of the magi
material component pouch, moderate healing potions (8), rations (1 week)s (4)
rope (foot)s (50), soap
spellbook , spellbook (blank), torchs (5),
wand of blindness, wand of crackling lightning (3rd), wand of manifold missiles (3rd),
waterskin, writing set, familiar,
money, purse (99 gp; 2 sp)
--------------------
AC 27; Fort +20; Ref +20; Will +18
HP 116 Focus Points 2 Hero Points 1
--------------------
Speed 30 feet, climb 10 feet
Melee [1] greater staff of evocation +15 (two-hand (1d8), evocation, magical,staff), Damage 1d4 Blud
Arcane Wizard Spells DC 30, attack +20;
6th chain lightning, true seeing 5th elemental form, prying eye, summon dragon 4th aerial form, blink, ice storm
3rd blindness, fireball, lightning bolt 2nd darkvision, invisibility, spider climb 1st mage armor, magic missile, sleep
Cantrips (6th) electric arc, ghost sound, message, produce flame, shield, tanglefoot
Focus Spells 2 Focus Points, DC 30; 6th Hand of the Apprentice
Share Senses [1] (concentrate) Once every 10 minutes, you can use a single action with the concentrate trait to project your senses into your familiar.
When you do, you lose all sensory information from your own body, but can sense through your familiar’s body for up to 1 minute. You can Dismiss this effect.
Feats Ageless Patience, Arcane Sense, Assurance, Cat Fall, Elven Lore, Enhanced Familiar, Familiar, Fast Recovery, Hand Of The Apprentice, Incredible Initiative,
Magical Crafting, Magical Shorthand, Overwhelming Energy, Quick Identification, Spell Penetration, Thorough Search, Tree Climber, Universal Versatility, Widen Spell
Other Abilities alertness, arcane bond, arcane schools, arcane spellcasting, arcane thesis, cantrip connection, drain bonded item, expert spellcaster, familiar,
improved familiar attunement, lifelink, lightning reflexes, magical fortitude, river kingdoms, spellbook, universalist, whisper elf, wizard weapon expertise

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

If you're still recruiting for this (I noticed you're at 7 towards two parties of 4) I'm totally game. Most familiar with D&D 3.5E and PF 1E, but also down for PF 2E. Never played with 1E or C&C but if that's how the wind blows I know how to read.

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
Given the adventure, more can't hurt. There's only 1 character rolled for pf1, but either pf1 or pf2 are "active". I probably need to post a when2meet or something and just get this going over a discord rather than pbp'ing.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Make some doomed companions for daniel and let's see how silly this gets. (PF1 game thread over here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937477)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I still need to get around to finishing a PF1 character for that, was working on a kineticist then got distracted.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

I’m working on a pf1 character as well. Some sort of martial type.

Going with a Half-Orc with Orc Double Axe. Either Mobile Fighter or Ranger Should be fun.

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 5, 2020

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Okay here is the Kineticist I have been working on. Used PCGen, though it didn't seem to add in the Diadem's bonus to my damage so I had to add that in. At the start of each day he will probably spend 3 Burn on the Flesh to Stone to increase its DR/Adamantine to 7, and also triggering the Elemental Overflow to give a +3 bonus to attack and +6 bonus to damage, the latter of which doesn't get added to the melee attacks, and also increasing Dex and Con by +2 for the day. As such each day after spending 3 Burn AC should increase by 2, hp by 9, accuracy by 4, and damage by 7 on ranged attacks or 1 on melee attacks. Hmm didn't include the Skilled Kineticist bonus to Climb and Knowledge Dungeoneering, or Greater Skilled Kineticist for Perception, either so I had to add those in as well.

Hoshnak
Male Hobgoblin kineticist 9
NG Medium humanoid (goblinoid)
Init +11, Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Perception +21
=================================================
DEFENSE
AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +1 deflection, +5 Dex, +1 natural, )
hp 121 ((9d8)+63)
Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +3

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee kinectic blast +12 (4d6+10)

TACTICS

STATISTICS
Str 10, Dex 20, Con 22, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 10,
Base Atk +6; CMB +6; CMD 22
Feats Combat Reflexes, Extra Wild Talent, Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Kinectic Blast)
Skills Acrobatics +17, Climb +16, Knowledge (Arcana) +15, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +18, Perception +21, Stealth +16, Use Magic Device +8,
Traits Mathematical Prodigy (Knowledge (Arcana)), Reactionary,
Languages Common, Giant, Goblin, Orc
SQ basic geokinesis, burn, composite blasts, darkvision, earth, earth, earth blast, earth climb, elemental defense, elemental focus, elemental overflow, entangling infusion, expanded element, extended range, extreme range, flesh of stone, gather power, infusion, infusion specialization, internal buffer, kinetic blade, kinetic blast, kinetic cover, kinetic whip, metakinesis, metal blast, shift earth, simple blasts, skilled kineticist, skilled kineticist, greater, sneaky, universal, weapon and armor proficiency, wild talents,
Combat Gear
Other Gear amulet of natural armor +1, eyes of the eagle, kineticist's diadem, lesser, ring of protection +1, ring of sustenance, kinectic blast, mithral/+2 chain shirt, belt of physical might +2 (dex, con), explorer's outfit, handy haversack, kineticist's kit, 1892.0 gp
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Basic Geokinesis Element earth; Type utility (Sp); Level 1; Burn 0 You can move up to 5 pounds per kineticist level of rocks, loose earth, sand, clay, and other similar materials up to 15 feet as a move action. You can search earthen and stone areas from a distance as if using the siftAPG cantrip.

Burn (Ex) At 1st level, a kineticist can overexert herself to channel more power than normal, pushing past the limit of what is safe for her body by accepting burn. Some of her wild talents allow her to accept burn in exchange for a greater effect, while others require her to accept a certain amount of burn to use that talent at all. For each point of burn she accepts, a kineticist takes 1 point of nonlethal damage per character level. This damage can't be healed by any means other than getting a full night's rest, which removes all burn and associated nonlethal damage. Nonlethal damage from burn can't be reduced or redirected, and a kineticist incapable of taking nonlethal damage can't accept burn. A kineticist can accept only 1 point of burn per round. This limit rises to 2 points of burn at 6th level, and rises by 1 additional point every 3 levels thereafter. A kineticist can't choose to accept burn if it would put her total number of points of burn higher than 3 + her Constitution modifier (though she can be forced to accept more burn from a source outside her control). A kineticist who has accepted burn never benefits from abilities that allow her to ignore or alter the effects she receives from nonlethal damage.

Class Skills

Composite Blasts Composite blasts combine elements to form a new blast. When a kineticist gains a new element through expanded element, she gains access to all composite blasts for which she qualifies. Most composite blasts are either physical or energy blasts, like simple blasts. Physical composite blasts deal an amount of damage equal to 2d6+2 + the kineticist's Constitution modifier, increasing by 2d6+2 for every 2 kineticist levels beyond 1st; energy composite blasts deal an amount of damage equal to 2d6 + 1/2 the kineticist's Constitution modifier, increasing by 2d6 for every 2 kineticist levels beyond 1st.

Darkvision (Ex) Range 60 ft.; Darkvision is the extraordinary ability to see with no light source at all, out to a range specified for the creature. Darkvision is black and white only (colors cannot be discerned). It does not allow characters to see anything that they could not see otherwise-invisible objects are still invisible, and illusions are still visible as what they seem to be. Likewise, darkvision subjects a creature to gaze attacks normally. The presence of light does not spoil darkvision.

Darkvision Hobgoblins can see in the dark up to 60 feet.

Earth

Earth Kineticists who focus on the element of earth are called geokineticists. Geokineticists manipulate the earth itself, and they are masters of defensive techniques.
Class Skills: A geokineticist adds Climb and Knowledge (dungeoneering) to her list of class skills.
Wild Talents: 1st-basic geokinesis, earth walk, kinetic cover, pushing infusion; 2nd-bowling infusion, earth climb, entangling infusion; 3rd-impale, jagged flesh, magnetic infusion, rare-metal infusion, tremorsense; 4th-enduring earth, shift earth; 5th-earth glide, stone sculptor, tremorsense (greater); 6th-deadly earth; 7th- fragmentation, shift earth (greater); 9th-seismic master.

Earth Blast Element earth; Type simple blast (Sp); Level -; Burn 0 Blast Type physical; Damage bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing You shape earth into clumps or shards and send them flying at a foe.

Earth Climb Element earth; Type utility (Su); Level 2; Burn 0 You use your connection to earth to meld slightly into stone and earthen surfaces, granting you a climb speed equal to your base land speed when climbing such surfaces.

Elemental Defense (Su) At 2nd level, a kineticist gains her element's defense wild talent ( the descriptions of defense wild talents begin on page 16).

Elemental Focus (Su) At 1st level, a kineticist chooses one primary element on which to focus. This element determines how she accesses the raw power of the Ethereal Plane, and grants her access to specific wild talents (see below) and additional class skills. She can select aether (telekinesis), air (aerokinesis), earth (geokinesis), fire (pyrokinesis), or water (hydrokinesis). She gains her selected element's basic utility wild talent (basic telekinesis, basic aerokinesis, basic geokinesis, basic pyrokinesis, or basic hydrokinesis; see page 23) as a bonus wild talent. See Elements on page 14 for the specific abilities granted by each element.

Elemental Overflow (Ex) At 3rd level, a kineticist's body surges with energy from her chosen element whenever she accepts burn, causing her to glow with a nimbus of fire, weep water from her pores, or experience some other thematic effect. In addition, she receives a bonus on her attack rolls with kinetic blasts equal to the total number of points of burn she currently has, to a maximum bonus of +1 for every 3 kineticist levels she possesses. She also receives a bonus on damage rolls with her kinetic blast equal to double the bonus on attack rolls. The kineticist can suppress the visual effects of elemental overflow by concentrating for 1 full round, but doing so suppresses all of this ability's other benefits, as well. The next time the kineticist uses any wild talent, the visual effects and benefits return instantly. As a kineticist's body becomes more and more suffused with her element, she begins to gain more powerful benefits. Starting at 6th level, whenever she has at least 3 points of burn, the kineticist gains a +2 size bonus to two physical ability scores of her choice. She also gains a chance to ignore the effects of a critical hit or sneak attack equal to 5% x her current number of points of burn. At 11th level, whenever the kineticist has at least 5 points of burn, these bonuses increase to a +4 size bonus to one physical ability score of her choice and a +2 size bonus to each of her other two physical ability scores. At 16th level, whenever the kineticist has at least 7 points of burn, these bonuses increase to a +6 size bonus to one physical ability score of her choice, a +4 size bonus to a second physical ability score of her choice, and a +2 size bonus to the remaining physical ability score.

Entangling Infusion Element earth or water; Type substance infusion; Level 2; Burn 2 Associated Blasts blizzard, cold, earth, ice, magma, metal, mud, sandstorm Saving Throw Reflex negates Your kinetic blast surrounds your foes in elemental matter. Whenever a blast with this infusion deals damage to a foe, that foe becomes entangled for 1 minute. The foe can remove this condition as a standard action with a successful Escape Artist or Strength check (with the same DC as for saves against your kinetic blast) or by dealing an amount of damage to the entangling matter equal to double your kineticist level (the matter has hardness 0). If the foe was already entangled by this infusion and fails its save against a second instance of this infusion, the increased amount of elemental matter fuses to the ground, causing the foe to be rooted in place as though anchored to an immobile object.

Expanded Element (Su) At 7th level, a kineticist learns to use another element or expands her understanding of her own element. She can choose any element, including her primary element. She gains one of that element's simple blast wild talents that she does not already possess, if any. She also gains all composite blast wild talents whose prerequisites she meets, as well as the basic wild talent of her chosen expanded element (for instance, basic aerokinesis if she chooses air). See Composite Blasts on page 15 for additional rules for and descriptions of composite blasts. She doesn't gain the defense wild talent of the expanded element. If the kineticist's expanded element is different from her primary element, she treats her kineticist level as 4 levels lower for the purpose of determining which wild talents she can learn from her expanded element. If the kineticist chooses to expand her understanding of an element she already has, she gains an additional utility wild talent or infusion of her choice from that element, as if from her infusion or wild talent class feature, as appropriate. At 15th level, the kineticist can either select a new element or expand her understanding of her original element. She can't select the same element she selected at 7th level unless it is her primary element. She gains all the benefits from her new expanded element as listed above. However, if the kineticist selected her primary element as her expanded element at both 7th and 15th levels, her mastery of that element increases. For wild talents of her element, the kineticist gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls, as well as to caster level and DCs.

Extended Range Element universal; Type form infusion; Level 1; Burn 1 Associated Blasts any Saving Throw none Your kinetic blast can strike any target within 120 feet.

Extreme Range Element universal; Type form infusion; Level 3; Burn 2
Associated Blasts any Saving Throw none Your kinetic blast can strike any target within 480 feet.

Flesh Of Stone Element earth; Type defense (Su); Level -; Burn 0 Your skin hardens like stone, dampening the impact of most attacks. You gain DR 1/adamantine. This DR increases by 1 for every 2 kineticist levels you possess beyond 2nd. By accepting 1 point of burn, you can increase the DR by 1 until the next time your burn is removed, to a maximum DR equal to your kineticist level. Whenever you accept burn while using an earth wild talent, the energy surging through you causes your damage reduction to change from DR/adamantine to DR/- for 1 round. You can dismiss and restore this effect as an immediate action.

Gather Power (Su) If she has both hands free (or all of her prehensile appendages free, for unusual kineticists), a kineticist can gather energy or elemental matter as a move action. Gathering power creates an extremely loud, visible display in a 20-foot radius centered on the kineticist, as the energy or matter swirls around her. Gathering power in this way allows the kineticist to reduce the total burn cost of a blast wild talent she uses in the same round by 1 point. The kineticist can instead gather power for 1 full round in order to reduce the total burn cost of a blast wild talent used on her next turn by 2 points (to a minimum of 0 points). If she does so, she can also gather power as a move action during her next turn to reduce the burn cost by a total of 3 points. If the kineticist takes damage during or after gathering power and before using the kinetic blast that releases it, she must succeed at a concentration check (DC = 10 + damage taken + effective spell level of her kinetic blast) or lose the energy in a wild surge that forces her to accept a number of points of burn equal to the number of points by which her gathered power would have reduced the burn cost. This ability can never reduce the burn cost of a wild talent below 0 points.

Infusion (Su) At 1st level, a kineticist gains an infusion wild talent from the list of options available based on her elemental focus. She gains additional infusions at 3rd, 5th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 17th, and 19th levels. By using infusions along with her kinetic blasts, a kineticist can alter her kinetic blasts to suit her needs. Infusions come in two types, each of which changes a kinetic blast differently: a substance infusion causes an additional effect, while a form infusion causes the kinetic blast to manifest in a different way. Each infusion can alter only certain kinds of kinetic blasts, which are listed in its Associated Blasts entry. Each time the kineticist uses one of her kinetic blast wild talents, she can apply up to one associated form infusion and up to one associated substance infusion. Some infusions change the action required to activate a kinetic blast or entirely transform the kinetic blast's normal effects. The burn cost listed in each infusion's Burn entry is added to the burn cost of the kinetic blast the infusion modifies. The DC for a save against an infusion is based on the associated kinetic blast's effective spell level, not the level of the infusion. The DCs for form infusions are calculated using the kineticist's Dexterity modifier instead of her Constitution modifier. When a kineticist modifies a kinetic blast with a form infusion and a substance infusion that both require saving throws, each target first attempts a saving throw against the form infusion. If a target succeeds and a successful save negates the infusion's effects, the entire kinetic blast is negated; otherwise, the target then attempts a saving throw against the substance infusion. If a kineticist's form and substance infusions both alter the kinetic blast's damage, apply the substance infusion's alteration first. At 5th, 11th, and 17th levels, a kineticist can replace one of her infusions with another infusion of the same effective spell level or lower. She can't replace an infusion that she used to qualify for another of her wild talents. The descriptions of infusions begin on page 17.

Infusion Specialization (Ex) At 5th level, whenever a kineticist uses one or more infusions with a blast, she reduces the combined burn cost of the infusions by 1. This can't reduce the total cost of the infusions used below 0. She reduces the burn cost by 1 additional point at 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, and 20th levels.

Internal Buffer (Su) At 6th level, a kineticist's study of her body and the elemental forces that course through it allow her to form an internal buffer to store extra energy. The buffer starts empty and doesn't replenish each day, but the kineticist can accept 1 point of burn to add 1 point to the buffer as a full-round action, to a maximum of 1 point total. This maximum increases to 2 points at 11th level and to 3 points at 16th level. Once the kineticist adds points to her buffer, they remain indefinitely until she spends them. When she would otherwise accept burn, a kineticist can spend 1 point from her buffer to avoid accepting 1 point of burn. She cannot spend more than 1 point from her buffer in this way for a single wild talent. Points spent from the internal buffer don't activate elemental overflow or add to its effects. Similarly, this buffer can be used to exceed the limit on the number of points of burn the kineticist can accept in a single turn.

Kinetic Blade Element universal; Type form infusion; Level 1; Burn 1 Associated Blasts any Saving Throw none You form a weapon using your kinetic abilities. You create a nonreach, light or one-handed weapon in your hand formed of pure energy or elemental matter. (If you're a telekineticist, you instead transfer the power of your kinetic blast to any object held in one hand.) The kinetic blade's shape is purely cosmetic and doesn't affect the damage dice, critical threat range, or critical multiplier of the kinetic blade, nor does it grant the kinetic blade any weapon special features. The object held by a telekineticist for this form infusion doesn't prevent her from using gather power. You can use this form infusion once as part of an attack action, a charge action, or a full-attack action in order to make melee attacks with your kinetic blade. Since it's part of another action (and isn't an action itself), using this wild talent doesn't provoke any additional attacks of opportunity. The kinetic blade deals your kinetic blast damage on each hit (applying any modifiers to your kinetic blast's damage as normal, but not your Strength modifier). The blade disappears at the end of your turn. The weapon deals the same damage type that your kinetic blast deals, and it interacts with Armor Class and spell resistance as normal for a blast of its type. Even if a telekineticist uses this power on a magic weapon or another unusual object, the attack doesn't use any of the magic weapon's bonuses or effects and simply deals the telekineticist's blast damage. The kinetic blade doesn't add the damage bonus from elemental overflow.

Kinetic Blast (Sp) At 1st level, a kineticist gains a kinetic blast wild talent of her choice. This kinetic blast must be a simple blast that matches her element. As a standard action, the kineticist can unleash a kinetic blast at a single target up to a range of 30 feet. She must have at least one hand free to aim the blast (or one prehensile appendage, if she doesn't have hands). All damage from a kinetic blast is treated as magic for the purpose of bypassing damage reduction. Kinetic blasts count as a type of weapon for the purpose of feats such as Weapon Focus. The kineticist is never considered to be wielding or gripping the kinetic blast (regardless of effects from form infusions; see Infusion on page 12), and she can't use Vital Strike feats with kinetic blasts. Even the weakest kinetic blast involves a sizable mass of elemental matter or energy, so kinetic blasts always deal full damage to swarms of any size (though only area blasts deal extra damage to swarms). A readied kinetic blast can be used to counterspell any spell of equal or lower level that shares its descriptor. A kinetic blast that deals energy damage of any type (including force) has the corresponding descriptor. The various kinetic blasts, as well as additional rules for simple blasts, are described on pages 15-16.

Kinetic Cover Element aether, earth, or water; Type utility (Sp); Level 1; Burn 0 You call up elemental matter to defend yourself and your allies from attacks. As a standard action, you can select one face of a square within 30 feet of you and move elemental matter to block that face, providing total cover from that direction. The face you select must be supported by the ground, and the kinetic cover cannot support more than 5 pounds of weight. Water, ice, and telekinetic force are translucent, but earth, metal, mud, and the like are opaque and block line of sight. A creature who strikes the cover can easily destroy it. Regardless of its composition, the cover has hardness 0, AC 5, and 2 hit points per kineticist level you possess. You can have a number of kinetic covers in existence equal to your Constitution modifier + 1/2 your kineticist level.

Kinetic Whip Element universal; Type form infusion; Level 3; Burn 2
Associated Blasts any Saving Throw none You form a long tendril of energy or elemental matter. This functions as kinetic blade but counts as a reach weapon appropriate for your size. Unlike most reach weapons, the kinetic whip can also attack nearby creatures. The kinetic whip disappears at the beginning of your next turn, but in the intervening time, it threatens all squares within its reach, allowing you to make attacks of opportunity that deal the whip's usual damage.

Mathematical Prodigy (Knowledge (Arcana)) Mathematics has always come easily for you, and you have always been able to "see the math" in the physical and magical world. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (Arcana) and Knowledge (Engineering) checks, and Knowledge (Arcana) is always a class skill for you.

Metakinesis (Su) A kineticist gains the ability to alter her kinetic blasts as if with metamagic feats by accepting burn.

Metal Blast Element earth; Type composite blast (Sp); Level -; Burn 2
Blast Type physical; Damage bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing You shape metal into clumps, shards, or blades and send them flying.

Reactionary You were bullied often as a child, but never quite developed an offensive response. Instead, you became adept at anticipating sudden attacks and reacting to danger quickly. You gain a +2 trait bonus on Initiative checks.

Shift Earth Element earth; Type utility (Sp); Level 4; Burn 0
Saving Throw see text; Spell Resistance no As a standard action, you can push or pull a 5-foot cube of earth or unworked stone within 30 feet, moving the cube 5 feet in any direction. You can create raised platforms, stairs up a cliff, holes, or other useful features. This doesn't cause the earth to float in the air, although in areas with plenty of earth, you can move a cube upward, creating a short pillar. If you move the earth beneath a creature's feet, it can attempt a DC 20 Reflex save to leap elsewhere and avoid moving along with the earth.

Simple Blasts A kineticist gains a simple blast from her primary element at 1st level-some elements offer more than one option. When a kineticist gains a new element via the expanded element class feature, she gains a simple blast from that element as well. Each simple blast is either a physical blast or an energy blast. Physical blasts are ranged attacks that deal an amount of damage equal to 1d6+1 + the kineticist's Constitution modifier, increasing by 1d6+1 for every 2 kineticist levels beyond 1st. Spell resistance doesn't apply against physical blasts. Energy blasts are ranged touch attacks that deal an amount of damage equal to 1d6 + 1/2 the kineticist's Constitution modifier, increasing by 1d6 for every 2 kineticist levels beyond 1st.

Skilled Kineticist Element universal; Type utility (Su); Level 1; Burn - You gain a bonus equal to 1/2 your kineticist level on skill checks with the skills your primary element added to your class skill list, and you can use the Knowledge skill associated with your primary element to identify elementals of your primary element's subtype.

Skilled Kineticist, Greater Element universal; Type utility (Su); Level 2; Burn -
By delving into study of the Ethereal and Elemental Planes, you are able to use your primary element to assist with your skills in an unusual way. Add Knowledge (planes) to your list of class skills. Choose one of your kineticist class skills that wasn't granted by your primary element to also receive the bonus from skilled kineticist.

Sneaky (Ex) Hobgoblins gain a +4 racial bonus on Stealth checks.

Universal The following wild talents are available to all kineticists. Wild Talents: 1st-draining infusion, extended range, kinetic blade, kinetic fist, skilled kineticist; 2nd-skilled kineticist (greater); 3rd-elemental grip, extreme range, flurry of blasts, kinetic whip, mobile blast, snake; 4th- expanded defense; 5th-grappling infusion, kinetic form, spark of life, wall; 6th-ride the blast; 8th-reverse shift.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency Kineticists are proficient with all simple weapons and light armor, but not shields.

Wild Talents A kineticist can use wild talents-magical abilities similar to spells but drawn from the kineticist's innate psychic talent and usable at will. Wild talents are typically spell-like abilities (though some are supernatural abilities), and take a standard action to use unless otherwise noted. A wild talent always has the elemental descriptor or descriptors (aether, air, earth, fire, or water) matching its Element entry. A wild talent that can be used with any of several elements gains the appropriate elemental descriptor when used with an element. For example, the wall wild talent gains the earth descriptor when used by a geokineticist. Every wild talent has an effective spell level. A kineticist can always select 1st-level wild talents, but she can select a wild talent of a higher level only if her kineticist level is at least double the wild talent's effective spell level. Kinetic blast and defense wild talents are always considered to have an effective spell level equal to 1/2 the kineticist's class level (to a maximum effective spell level of 9th at kineticist level 18th). Unless otherwise noted, the DC for a saving throw against a wild talent is equal to 10 + the wild talent's effective spell level + the kineticist's Constitution modifier. The kineticist uses her Constitution modifier on all concentration checks for wild talents. In addition to the wild talents she gains from her other class features, at 2nd level and every 2 levels thereafter, a kineticist selects a new utility wild talent from the list of options available to her. A kineticist can select only universal wild talents or those that match her element (see Elemental Focus above). At 6th, 10th, and 16th levels, a kineticist can replace one of her utility wild talents with another wild talent of the same level or lower. She can't replace a wild talent that she used to qualify for another of her wild talents. [DC: 20

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 7, 2020

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Okay here is my half-orc ranger, I still have 5,000 that I can spend for equipment. Last time I made a ranger it was in AD&D 2, so please feel free to tell me where I have screwed up, or gimped the character.

quote:

Girak
Male Half-orc Ranger 9
CG Medium humanoid (orc, human)
Init +5, Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Perception +14
DEFENSE
AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 111 ((9d8)+63)
Fort +11, Ref +12, Will +8

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft. Woodland Stride
Melee +1 shock, +1/thundering orc double axe +15/+10 (1d8+6/1d8+3/x3/3)
Melee +1 shock, +1/\thundering orc double axe (head 1 only) (two handed) +15/+10 (1d8+8/x3)
Melee +1 shock, +1/\thundering orc double axe (head 2 only) (two handed) +15/+10 (1d8+8/x3)
Melee throwing axe +14/+9 (1d6+5)
Ranged throwing axe(thrown)+12/+7 (1d6)
Melee Morningstar +14/+9 (1d6+5)
Ranged +1/flaming composity longbow (adpative/+5) +13/+8 (1d8+11/x3)
Special Attacks humanoid (human) +2, undead +4
Ranger Spells Prepared(CL 9th, concentration +10)
2nd -- spike growht (DC14)
1st -- alarm

STATISTICS
Str 20, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 7,
Base Atk +9; CMB +14; CMD 27
Feats Combat Reflexes, Deadly Aim, Endurance, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Many shot, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot, Two-Weapon Fighting
Skills Acrobatics +2, Appraise +2, Climb +4, Escape Artist +2 , Fly +2 , Handle Animal +10 , Heal +6 , Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9 , Knowledge (Nature) +12 , Perception +14,Perception (Determine Food Spoiled) +16,
Perception (Identify Potion) +16 , Perception (Notice Hidden Object) +16 , Ride +6 , Stealth +14 , Survival +14 , Survival (Follow or identify tracks) +18 , Swim +8
Traits Magical Knack (Ranger), Reactionary,
Languages Common, Orc
SQ animal companion, bonus ranger animal companion hp (6x), combat style feat, favored terrain (forest) +2, favored terrain (underground) +4, orc blood, sacred tattoo, scavenger, swift tracker, track +4, weapon familiarity, wild empathy +7, woodland stride
Combat Gear
Other Gear mithral/+1 breastplate, morningstar, axe, throwing, throwing axe, +1/flaming composite longbow (adaptive/+5), cloak of resistance +2, efficient quiver, handy haversack, silver arrows (20), adamantine arrows (20), cold iron arrows (20), ranger's kit, healer's kit, 20 arrows
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Bonus Ranger Animal Companion HP (6x) Ranger: Add +1 hit point to the ranger's animal companion. If the ranger ever replaces his animal companion, the new animal companion gains these bonus hit points.

Combat Style Feat (Ex) At 2nd level, a ranger must select one of two combat styles to pursue: archery or two weapon combat. The ranger's expertise manifests in the form of bonus feats at 2nd, 6th, 10th, 14th, and 18th level. He can choose feats from his selected combat style, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites. If the ranger selects archery, he can choose from the following list whenever he gains a combat style feat: Far Shot, Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, and Rapid Shot. At 6th level, he adds Improved Precise Shot and Manyshot to the list. At 10th level, he adds Pinpoint Targeting and Shot on the Run to the list. If the ranger selects two-weapon combat, he can choose from the following list whenever he gains a combat style feat: Double Slice, Improved Shield Bash, Quick Draw, and Two-Weapon Fighting. At 6th level, he adds Improved Two-Weapon Fighting and Two-Weapon Defense to the list. At 10th level, he adds Greater Two-Weapon Fighting and Two- Weapon Rend to the list. The benefits of the ranger's chosen style feats apply only when he wears light, medium, or no armor. He loses all benefits of his combat style feats when wearing heavy armor. Once a ranger selects a combat style, it cannot be changed.

Darkvision (Ex) Range 60 ft.; Darkvision is the extraordinary ability to see with no light source at all, out to a range specified for the creature. Darkvision is black and white only (colors cannot be discerned). It does not allow characters to see anything that they could not see otherwise-invisible objects are still invisible, and illusions are still visible as what they seem to be. Likewise, darkvision subjects a creature to gaze attacks normally. The presence of light does not spoil darkvision.

Evasion (Ex) You can avoid damage from many area-effect attacks. If you make a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, you instead take no damage. Evasion can only be used if you are wearing light armor or no armor. If you are helpless, you do not gain the benefit of evasion.

Favored Terrain (Forest) (Ex) You gain a +2 bonus on Knowledge (Geography), Perception, Stealth, and Survival checks when using these skills in forest terrain (coniferous and deciduous). Likewise, you get a +2 bonus on initiative checks when in this terrain. If you desire, you leave no trail in this terrain and cannot be tracked.

Favored Terrain (Underground) (Ex) You gain a +4 bonus on Knowledge (Geography), Perception, Stealth, and Survival checks when using these skills in underground terrain (caves and dungeons). Likewise, you get a +4 bonus on initiative checks when in this terrain. If you desire, you leave no trail in this terrain and cannot be tracked.

Humanoid (Human) (Ex) You gain a +2 bonus on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks when using these skills against humans. Likewise, you get a +2 bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls against such creatures. You may make Knowledge Skill checks untrained to identify such creatures.

Language Half-orcs begin play speaking Common and Orc. Half-orcs with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Abyssal, Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, and Goblin.

Magical Knack (Ranger) You were raised, either wholly or in part, by a magical creature, either after it found you abandoned in the woods or because your parents often left you in the care of a magical minion. This constant exposure to magic has made its mysteries easy for you to understand, even when you turn your mind to other devotions and tasks. Your caster level in Ranger gains a +2 trait bonus as long as this bonus doesn't raise your caster level above your current Hit Dice.

No Racial Subtype You have chosen no racial subtype.

Orc Blood (Ex) Half-orc count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.

Reactionary You were bullied often as a child, but never quite developed an offensive response. Instead, you became adept at anticipating sudden attacks and reacting to danger quickly. You gain a +2 trait bonus on Initiative checks.

Sacred Tattoo Tattoos, piercings, and ritual scarification are sacred markings to many half-orcs. Half-orcs with this racial trait gain a +1 luck bonus on all saving throws. This racial trait replaces the orc ferocity racial trait.

Scavenger Some half-orcs eke out a leaving picking over the garbage heaps of society, and must learn to separate rare finds from the inevitable dross. Half-orcs with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks and on Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine if food is spoiled, or identify a potion by taste. This racial trait replaces the intimidating racial trait.

Swift Tracker (Ex) You can move at your normal speed while using Survival to follow tracks without taking the normal -5 penalty. You take only a -10 penalty (instead of the normal -20) when moving at up to twice normal speed while tracking.

Track (Ex) You gain +4 to Survival checks made to follow tracks.

Undead (Ex) You gain a +4 bonus on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks when using these skills against undead. Likewise, you get a +4 bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls against such creatures. You may make Knowledge Skill checks untrained to identify such creatures.

Weapon Familiarity (Ex) Half-orcs are proficient with greataxes and falchions, and treat any weapon with the word "orc" in its name as a martial weapon.

Wild Empathy (Ex) You can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person. You roll 1d20+7 to determine the Wild Empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly. To use Wild Empathy, you and the animal must be within 30 feet of one another under normal circumstances. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute, but as with influencing people, it might take more or less time. You can use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but you take a -4 penalty on the check.

Woodland Stride (Ex) You may move through any sort of magical undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrains) at your normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion, however, still affect you.
Animal Companion Stat Block
Dancer
Female Adult companion wolf
None Medium animal
Init +4, Senses lowlight vision, scent; Perception +14
DEFENSE
AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+4Dex, +1 dodge, +6 natural)
hp 53 ((6d8)+12)
Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +3
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee Bite +6 (1d6+3)
Special Attacks trip
STATISTICS
Str 15, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6,
Base Atk +4; CMB +8; CMD 21 (25 vs. Trip)
Feats Agile Maneuvers, Dodge, Mobility
Skills Acrobatics +8 , Acrobatics (When Jumping) +16 , Perception +6 , Stealth +8 , Survival +3
SQ ability score increase, ac bonus, bonus tricks 3, devotion, evasion, link, scent, share spells, stat bonus
Animal Tricks Attack All, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel, Stay, Track
Gear bite
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Ability Score Increase (Ex) The animal companion adds +1 to one of its ability scores.

AC Bonus 4

Agile Maneuvers You add your Dexterity bonus to your base attack bonus and size bonus when determining your Combat Maneuver Bonus (see Chapter 8) instead of your Strength bonus.

Attack The animal attacks apparent enemies. You may point to a particular creature that you wish the animal to attack, and it will comply if able. Normally, an animal will attack only humanoids, monstrous humanoids, giants, or other animals. Teaching an animal to attack all creatures (including such unnatural creatures as undead and aberrations) counts as two tricks. Animal will attack all creatures

Bonus Tricks 3

Come The animal comes to you, even if it normally would not do so.

Defend The animal defends you (or is ready to defend you if no threat is present), even without any command being given. Alternatively, you can command the animal to defend another specific character.

Devotion (Ex) An animal companion gains a +4 morale bonus on Will saves against enchantment spells and effects.

Dodge You gain a +1 dodge bonus to your AC. A condition that makes you lose your Dex bonus to AC also makes you lose the benefits of this feat.

Down The animal breaks off from combat or otherwise backs down. An animal that doesn't know this trick continues to fight until it must flee (due to injury, a fear effect, or the like) or its opponent is defeated.

Evasion (Ex) If an animal companion is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw.

Guard The animal stays in place and prevents others from approaching.

Heel The animal follows you closely, even to places where it normally wouldn't go.

Link (Ex) A master can handle her animal companion as a free action, or push it as a move action, even if she doesn't have any ranks in the Handle Animal skill. The master gains a +4 circumstance bonus on all wild empathy checks and Handle Animal checks made regarding an animal companion.

Low-Light Vision (Ex) You can see x2 as far as humans in low illumination. Characters with low-light vision have eyes that are so sensitive to light that they can see twice as far as normal in dim light. Low-Light Vision is color vision. A spellcaster with low-light vision can read a scroll as long as even the tiniest candle flame is next to her as a source of light. Characters with low-light vision can see outdoors on a moonlit night as well as they can during the day.

Mobility You get a +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against attacks of opportunity caused when you move out of or within a threatened area. A condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses. Dodge bonuses stack with each other, unlike most types of bonuses.

Scent (Ex) You can detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell. You can identify familiar odors just as humans do familiar sights. You can detect opponents within 30 feet by sense of smell. If the opponent is upwind, the range increases to 60 feet; if downwind, it drops to 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at triple normal range. When you detect a scent, the exact location of the source is not revealed--only its presence somewhere within range. You can take a move action to note the direction of the scent. When you are within 5 feet of the source, you pinpoint the source's location. You can follow tracks by smell, making a Wisdom (or Survival) check to find or follow a track. The typical DC for a fresh trail is 10 (no matter what kind of surface holds the scent). This DC increases or decreases depending on how strong the quarry's odor is, the number of creatures, and the age of the trail. For each hour that the trail is cold, the DC increases by 2. The ability otherwise follows the rules for the Survival skill. When tracking by scent you ignore the effects of surface conditions and poor visibility.

Share Spells (Ex) The master may cast a spell with a target of "You" on her animal companion (as a spell with a range of touch) instead of on herself. A master may cast spells on her animal companion even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the companion's type (animal). Spells cast in this way must come from a class that grants an animal companion. This ability does not allow the animal to share abilities that are not spells, even if they function like spells.

Stay The animal stays in place, waiting for you to return. It does not challenge other creatures that come by, though it still defends itself if it needs to.

Track The animal tracks the scent presented to it. (This requires the animal to have the scent ability.)

Trip (Ex) You can attempt to trip your opponent as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity if you hit with the specified attack. If the attempt fails, you are not tripped in return.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
Edit: Fixed

quote:

Rak-gash the Mad
Male Hobgoblin Alchemist (Grenadier) 9
NG Medium Humanoid (Goblinoid)
Init +13, Senses Darkvision (60 ft.); Perception +17
DEFENSE
AC 23, Touch 16, Flat-Footed 18 (+6 Armor, +1 shield, +5 Dex, +1 Deflection)
hp 73 (9d8+18)
Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +5
Immune Possession and Mind Control
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee
Dagger (Range 10ft. Attack +11/+6, Damage 1d4+5 P/S [19-20/x2])
Ranged
Bomb (Attack +14, Damage 5d6+6 [11 splash][Special])
+1 Longbow (Range 100ft. Attack +12/+7, Damage 1d8+1 P [20/x3])
STATISTICS
Str 10(+0), Dex 20(+5), Con 14(+2), Int 22(+6), Wis 10(+0), Cha 7(-2),
Base Atk +6; CMB +6; CMD 22
Feats Die For Your Master, Extra Discovery, Improved Familiar, Point-Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Throw Anything, Weapon Focus: Longbow,
Skills Acrobatics +17, Craft (Alchemy) +18, Disable Device +17, Knowledge (Arcana) +18, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +15, Knowledge (Nature) +15, Perception +17, Sleight of Hand +17, Spellcraft +18, Stealth +18, Use Magic Device +18
Traits Firebug, Pragmatic Activator
Specials Alchemical Discoveries, Alchemical Weapon, Alchemy, Bomb +5d6, Directed Blast, Mutagen, Precise Bombs, Swift Alchemy
Discoveries Healing Bomb, Infusion, Tumor Familiar, Fast Bombs, Force Bomb
Extracts
Level 1
Cure Light Wounds, Enlarge Person, Heightened Awareness, Polypurpose Panacea, Reduce Person, Shield, Targeted Bomb Admixture
Level 2
Alchemical Allocation, Barkskin, Invisibility, Lesser Restoration, Skinsend, Touch Injection
Level 3
Amplify Elixir, Channel Vigor, Fly, Heroism
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Infernal, Orc
Gear
+1 Longbow, +1 Mithral Kikko Armor, Mithril Buckler
Headband of Aerial Agility (Knowledge: Nature) +2, Eyes of the Eagle, Cape of Free Will, Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2, Ring of Sustenance, Ring of Protection +1, Shining Wayfinder (Clear Spindle Ioun Stone) , Explorer's Outfit, Bandolier x2, Spring-Loaded Wrist Sheath x2, Iron Vial x18, Bombchucker
Handy Haversack:
Portable Alchemist's Lab, Alchemist's Kit, Formula Alembic, Traveler's Any tool, Hybridization Funnel, Potion of Cure Serious Wounds, Potion of Good Hope, Burst Jar x10, Ghast Retch Flask x10, Tangleburn Bag x10, Tanglefoot Bag x10, Fungal Stun Vial x10, Unstable Accelerant x10, Alchemist's Fire x10, Acid Flask x10, Holy Water x10, Unholy Water x10, Extra Vial x5, Boro Bead (2nd), Empty Raining Arrow x28
4gp

quote:

TUMOR FAMILIAR
Ymran
Faerie Dragon
CG Tiny Dragon
Init +3, Senses Darkvision (60 ft.); Low-Light Vision; Perception +17
DEFENSE
AC 23, Touch 16, Flat-Footed 19
hp 37
Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4
Immune Paralysis, Sleep; SR 13

OFFENSE
Speed 10 ft., Fly: 60 (perfect) Swim: 30ft
Melee Bite +12 (1d3-1) plus 1d6 electricity
Space 2-1/2 ft. Reach 0 ft.
Special Attack: Breath Weapon
(5-ft cone, euphoria, Fort DC 12 negates, usable every 1d4 rounds)
SLA (CL 3rd, Concentration +6)
3/day Greated Invisibility (Self Only)
Spells Known (CL 3rd, Concentration +6)
At-Will
Dancing Lights, Flare (DC 13), Ghost Sound (DC 13), Mage Hand, Open/Close
Level 1
Grease (6/day)(DC 14), Silent Image (DC 14)

STATISTICS
Str 9, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 16,
Base Atk +7; CMB +8; CMD 18
Feats Acrobatic, Dodge
Skills Acrobatics +8, Bluff +9, Climb +3, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Diplomacy +9, Disable Device +12, Fly +23, Knowledge (Arcana) +15, (Dungeoneering) +15, (Nature) +14, Perception +14, Sense Motive +8, Sleight of Hand +12, Spellcraft +15, Stealth +23, Swim +17, Use Magic Device +15
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Sylvan, Telepathy 100ft
Gear
Wand of Ill Omen

NovaLion fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 9, 2020

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Pf1 group has room for two more, divine frontline with good perception/saves look preferred. Right now our frontline is a ranger and summons. Our backline is two casters and a longbow bomber, so we’re probably ok on aoe. (None of this matters, we’re going to die to some Rube Goldberg trap, but we can pretend to be a grizzled and competent party even so).

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Okay posted Hoshnak over to that thread, he should work as a switch hitter as he has a good ranged option, and if he ends up in melee can turn it into a melee attack/full attack. Can climb up walls and can move 5 ft of earth at a time, need to be a bit higher before the earth glide and move a lot of earth stuff becomes available.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Anias posted:

Pf1 group has room for two more, divine frontline with good perception/saves look preferred. Right now our frontline is a ranger and summons. Our backline is two casters and a longbow bomber, so we’re probably ok on aoe. (None of this matters, we’re going to die to some Rube Goldberg trap, but we can pretend to be a grizzled and competent party even so).

I'll roll a big front line thing tomorrow and get it in here. Do folks really love pure text sheets, 'cause I'm just planning on firing things into a myth-weavers sheet to make my life easy.

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
I'm a fan of statblocks to find "what to roll for secret checks" easily, but whatever works.

Looks like pf1 has enough to get rolling, though a divine caster wouldn't hurt a clw wand or two can cover healing at least.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Mikujin posted:

I'll roll a big front line thing tomorrow and get it in here. Do folks really love pure text sheets, 'cause I'm just planning on firing things into a myth-weavers sheet to make my life easy.

I have most of PF1 in hero lab so I do that and it spits out the textblock. If I didn't have most of herolab, I'd probably use myth-weavers or pathbuilder.

Glad to have you aboard.

Still room for 1! Anyone wanting to visit doomhole the pit of doom and doomed doomlords, come along.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Added a bit of a mini statblock to the top of my post in game to summarize things like hp, ac, saves, and perception.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Anias posted:

I have most of PF1 in hero lab so I do that and it spits out the textblock. If I didn't have most of herolab, I'd probably use myth-weavers or pathbuilder.

Glad to have you aboard.

Still room for 1! Anyone wanting to visit doomhole the pit of doom and doomed doomlords, come along.

Ah, wasn't aware that herolab did that. I don't have it myself so I'll just spit something out using tried-and-true "look up all the things manually."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I used PCGen and you can export a text document which is how I got my PF1e Kineticist character sheet.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Any suggestions for a divine caster of some kind if I have next to no experience with PF1e? Is cleric the go-to?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mr. Humalong posted:

Any suggestions for a divine caster of some kind if I have next to no experience with PF1e? Is cleric the go-to?
Depends on your favorite flavor of divinity. Clerics are definitely the generic devout divine caster, Druids the adherents of nature. Oracles offer an interesting spin to the divine caster trope in that where the Cleric seeks out divinity and the power that comes from it, Oracles are forced to accept the power and rationalize the divinity. Warpriests fill a niche between Fighter and Cleric if you wanna be more smashy and still have access to some divine spells (though they're a 2/3 caster rather than a full caster).

Each of these options also has a plethora of archetypes to help spice up your tastes.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Is there a specific convention we're using here (or that herolabs uses by default) for stuff like determining HP? I noticed some variance between max or otherwise very high and wasn't sure if herolabs defaults to some specific stuff folks are using.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Herolab defaults to showing max hp with parenthesis to show hitdice if your dm wants to roll it, halve it or do something per session. Idk what pcgen does by default. My understanding about tomb of horrors is that it is super binary traps/puzzles more than the endless combats of say the world’s largest dungeon so I wouldn’t sweat the minutia too much.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure I reflect things properly on the sheet I'm whipping up since it's all manual/by-hand/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
PCGen rolls it, might do max at 1st level.