Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

LloydDobler posted:

Friday morning I leave Denver for good.

This is exciting! Good luck!

We just did an in town move that was a big cluster and necessitated moving out of our apartment, in to a storage unit and with my inlaws for two weeks, then back in to an apartment. I did get a great opportunity to use my spatial skills to fit the entire two bedroom apartment in a 10x10 storage unit, fuckin crushed it. I like doing this stuff, but next time I'm hiring movers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Managed to go 41 years without getting stung by a bee and just got nailed twice on my left hand. I'm probably deathly allergic and will likely be dead by morning.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

slothrop posted:

Those are some real nice dogs you got there.

They’re great dogs but it’s way harder to smuggle them into work with me like I did with my Jack Russell Terrier.

Sucks that I won’t be able to park in the garage during the winter, but I’m very happy to get away from chain gyms.

Rhyno is 41? I hope I age that well. I’m already becoming a withered old crone.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

nm posted:

I have my wifi set up to just be strong enough that it works in my bedroom (pretty far from my router). However, my goddamn phone keeps latching onto it when I leave. My car is parked just far away enough that my phone thinks it has wifi, but it actually doesn't. So if I want to stream music or do google maps, I have two choices.
1. Turn off wifi. I will then forget to turn it on when I return.
2. Drive a few feet away until it disconnects and then do it.

edit: Good movers are loving masters of space. I bet they're good at tetris.

Mine is "smart" enough to turn the WiFi on automatically when near a remembered network. You know like the restaurant 3 buildings down that is at 0.75 bars and simply drives my TCP/IP stack insane. It does it every time.

It's also really really good at consistently choosing the busted network to try and use. 2 bars of 4g and busted rear end wifi? Guess everything is using the wifi! Oh the wifi works better now? I'm going to try and use the 4g... Oh it just went to no service *page load explodes because the web devs never conceived of the fact that a JavaScript function call can fail*

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

LloydDobler posted:

Tomorrow I scrap out the last of the car parts and anything else that doesn't fit in the pod, and clean while the new furnace is installed. Thursday I'll schedule a walk through and go sign my closing documents, then pack the car. Friday morning I leave Denver for good.

Good luck dude!

Just ordered a a pair of Klipsch powered speakers and a matching powered 12" sub, built in DAC, phono input, sub output, bluetooth, remote control, the whole nine yards for a great price I can't wait.

The M-Audio powered monitors I've had for like ten years now have done good but it's time for an upgrade :)

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Rhyno posted:

Managed to go 41 years without getting stung by a bee and just got nailed twice on my left hand. I'm probably deathly allergic and will likely be dead by morning.

Funny you should say that, I went 27 years without getting stung. On Friday, I got stung twice in the rear end by yellow jackets and ended up in the hospital

Epinephrine is a hell of a drug, by the by. I tore out my IV and was just generally an awful patient

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Good luck dude!

Just ordered a a pair of Klipsch powered speakers and a matching powered 12" sub, built in DAC, phono input, sub output, bluetooth, remote control, the whole nine yards for a great price I can't wait.

The M-Audio powered monitors I've had for like ten years now have done good but it's time for an upgrade :)

A couple years ago I did a full 5 channel Klipsch setup for my living room and I've been super happy with it. It is super clean and goes louder than I'd ever want to listen to it at length.

I thought I'd spend an hour finishing my packing, 3 hours later I'm absolutely whipped and still have about an hour left to go based on what I just did. Thank god it was nice and cool today.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
In breaking bad style, this happened outside one of my work sites https://www.reddit.com/r/Portland/comments/ikwgx6/anybody_know_what_happened_looking_east_from/
TL:DR Meth RV exploded. Knocking out 3 phase distribution power to our campus. 1.4MW was sent straight to ground when 2 phases went out of range to prevent a dangerous surge. 1.4MW....

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Thanks a lot, BIDEN

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
hello, september

I’m still hiding in the UK with my fiancé

our US immigration lawyer refuses to accept that we’ve fired him, it’s getting awkward

here is a picture of some colleagues

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

nm posted:

Good movers are loving masters of space. I bet they're good at tetris.

I hired two dudes and a boxcar for our last move. I mean, they were VERY appreciative of getting paid in cash, one had a 1964 knuckle tattoo (founding year of arguably the second most bogan football club in Denmark) and on the way back for load two they lit up a blunt so fat I could smell it even driving behind them in my own car. But goddamn could they ever move stuff. No breaking, no drama, no scuffs. Best grand I've spent in a long time.

I have a small set of powered Klipsch BT/USB/optical/analog speakers for my TV setup and they would have been a bargain at five time the price. Good sound quality, plays louder than a family man would ever need and Wife Acceptance Factor exceeds requirements.

bolind fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Sep 2, 2020

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

Talked to the insurance guy briefly this morning and he said they were taking the aftermarket stuff into account and said I was getting $750 for the Bakflip tonneau and $650 for the lift kit. Which means he didn't look very closely at the documentation I provided because this isn't an $899 Rough Country with those lovely spacers this is a $3800 Fabtech external reservoir coilover kit.

I think we'll get close to a reasonable number but it's going to take some back and forth.

They're at 49.3k for my truck (plus tax so total 53.4k). I told them I wanted 63k which is average price of 9 comparables on Autotrader and KBB and Progressive's own car buying service, +80% of aftermarket parts cost, plus tax.

I'll meet in the middle and be happy but their number is BS because they're valuing my lift as a $899 rough country instead of a $3800 fabtech plus their list of three comparables includes one truck that for whatever reason sold for 6000 less than their other two comparables and I'm not getting screwed out of three grand just because they found one truck that was a piece of poo poo or something.

Get rid of that comp and add 2 grand for the lift and we'd be at 58.2k and I'd probably take it. Otherwise we go to arbitration I guess.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

how are you guys going decades without being stung by a bee are you just staying in your moms basement 24/7 or what

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I've been working on top of the cabin in my garden for a few weeks and there's dozens of wasps and I've not been stung once even when I brush them gently out of the way by hand, do you flail around and slap any insect you see like a petulant child?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

nah usually what happens is they crawl in my shirt and i don't realize its a bee or whatever, try to brush whatever it is off, and then it stings me

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

how are you guys going decades without being stung by a bee are you just staying in your moms basement 24/7 or what

I worked in a comic book store for 13 years make your own goddamned conclusions!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I get stung by wasps quite a bit cuz I have a lot of palm trees that have to be trimmed and they make their nests in there. It hurts but not nearly as bad as a honey bee sting, and i haven't been stung by a honey bee in a long time, they are pretty docile and it takes a lot for them to sting you.

Hell I'd rather get stung by a wasp than get bit by a fire ant I hate those loving things

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Heading out to sign the new house paperwork in about 30 minutes.

Also the therapist I selected cant fit me in until October! The gently caress guess ill just be looney.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 2, 2020

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I worked in a comic book store for 13 years make your own goddamned conclusions!

What do you expect you are going around cutting down every loving tree on earth! The insects have been talking

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress those bugs man.

Hey I own a house again. Those four days were a little rough.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i caught a beesting at 20mph on my bike about a month ago, right on that little spot between the nostrils

did NOT feel good

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Back when i was a kid and got my first motorcycle, I was on the interstate in traffic when a wasp went up the sleeve of my jacket and stung me repeatedly. Somehow I didn't panic and got the bike pulled over and got the wasp out of my jacket, my arm was covered with stings.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I have been stung by a wasp only once, but it was on the tip of my index finger. It was not enjoyable.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Stung by a yellowjacket on the bottom of the foot was probably my worst.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

bolind posted:

I have a small set of powered Klipsch BT/USB/optical/analog speakers for my TV setup and they would have been a bargain at five time the price. Good sound quality, plays louder than a family man would ever need and Wife Acceptance Factor exceeds requirements.

Klipsch crew checking in. I just got mine mounted into my wall unit. Good speakers. :toot:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That's a pretty neat solution. Are you gonna put some acoustic material over the front for a full on stealth look?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That's a pretty neat solution. Are you gonna put some acoustic material over the front for a full on stealth look?

Yeah, there's going to be a series of rectangles across the top similar to the ones on the columns. They will have acoustically transparent cloth and cover the speakers. I'll color match the cloth and paint the area behind the TV. 65" TV in place for temporary use, I have it sized for an 85" set, but now that I'm seeing proportions, I think 75" might be a better choice.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 2, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nice setup, are those all center channel speakers? Looks like it.

[e] my Klipsch speakers are gonna be the setup for my computer because that's where i listen to my music.

I have a Bose Cinemate II for home theater and it actually works really well for what it is

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 2, 2020

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Nice setup, are those all center channel speakers? Looks like it.

[e] my Klipsch speakers are gonna be the setup for my computer because that's where i listen to my music.

I have a Bose Cinemate II for home theater and it actually works really well for what it is

Nope, 3 of the same speaker, configured Left, Right, and Center. I've got some ceiling speakers for 5.1, thinking about putting another pair in the ceiling before I close it back up to go 7.1. Subwoofer is an MFW15 from about 10 years ago when the company AV123 made a splash with direct marketing audiophile speakers. It's a beast.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

When I was about 3 years old, just old enough to form memories, I got a bee sting right behind my ear. The sting swelled up, so I thought the bee was still there and just had a full blown meltdown. My entire family were there telling me I was safe but I kept feeling it and swatting at it and screaming and crying, and was inconsolable for about 20 minutes. Ever since, I have a basic phobia of all flying insects, and when I get buzzed by one I irrationally go running and flailing making weird panic noises that my friends all get a great laugh out of, unless I'm driving.

Ironically that is the one and only time I've ever been stung by a bee.

Got my pod all packed, then found out I can't call and have it picked up early. So I rushed for nothing, it gets picked up tomorrow.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
My first and only bee sting happened at the ripe old age of 30. It sucked but the pain was tolerable, what was mainly on my mind was whether I was allergic, seeing as we were climbing a good 30 minute hike from the parking lot somewhere in CA.

Edit: turned out I’m not.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Stung by a yellowjacket on the bottom of the foot was probably my worst.

When I was about 5, many years ago, there was a honeysuckle bush between the shed in the back yard and the back fence. Shortly after we moved in, I lost my ball into the honeysuckle, so I went in after it. You know what else was in the honeysuckle? Yellow jackets. I got stung by pretty much the whole nest. Thankfully, I'm not allergic (to anything, really - I'm exceedingly fortunate in that) so I survived with a ton of Calamine lotion. And now they don't really bother me. That is, I'm not afraid of them, but I don't gently caress with them unnecessarily. I'm not immune to them or anything, but it just, well, stings a bit, and the welt goes down in less than a day. Applebees is right - fire ants are worse.

meatpimp posted:

Klipsch crew checking in. I just got mine mounted into my wall unit. Good speakers. :toot:

Would you mind coming over to my house for a bit? I have some projects.
That looks really good.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I got nailed by a European hornet right on the loving nose when I was like 3. I still remember that experience vividly because of how traumatizing it was.
Apparently they were nesting under the stairs to the deck and I pissed them off enough that one came right for me, landed on my face, and when I screamed "YELLOW JACK QUEEN BEEEEEEE" the fucker popped me right in the septum.

I ran around screaming for a bit. My parents heard me and apparently assumed I was playing cards :shrug:

I think my most recent sting was a wasp that got me right on the neck while I was riding my motorcycle. I looked back to make sure my wife was following me and when I turned my head that guy hit me right in the throat. I pulled over to check myself (and try to breathe) and apparently he was stuck in my collar and hosed me up pretty good in the back of the neck. Didn't bother me much though thanks to previous encounters with nature's assholes that have left me with an indifferent attitude towards stings.

The worst I've ever got was probably when I was in middle school. My 2 sisters, dad, and I went for a walk in the woods. My youngest sister who was only like 7-8 at the time managed to step right on a wasps nest. I saw them swarm so I rushed for her, picked her up and hurled her to my dad like 10 feet away across the creek. I stood there pretty proud of my accomplishment of hucking a first grader further than I'd ever jumped while I got stung over 100 times.
I felt sick from all the adrenaline but for the most part I don't recall it being all that painful.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 2, 2020

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

This is midnight, he likes to shove his rear end in a top hat into the camera during zoom meetings.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is Happy. He is the best cat.

I can't even express in words how much I love this guy. He always wants to snuggle and will bother you nonstop until he gets some love.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I bought this yesterday without telling my wife. When she saw it I told her it was a timeless piece.

She was extremely upset with me.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

freelop posted:

I bought this yesterday without telling my wife. When she saw it I told her it was a timeless piece.

She was extremely upset with me.

That pun is a terrible reflection of your personality. You should be ashamed.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I hope you're going to put a big 7 segment display in there or a smart mirror display.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Just hang the cheapest round analog clock you can find in the top and fill the bottom with bags of chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Just hang the cheapest round analog clock you can find in the top and fill the bottom with bags of chips.

It what flavor flav chips?