Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

KKKLIP ART posted:

I have a feeling the 2021 football season is going to have a lot of coaches with a molten hot seat. I don’t think that it’s gonna look great to fire a coach this season even if things are bad because the money situation is so awful but you know some school is going to pony up a big buyout anyway. I think Gus is safe, I think Pruitt is safe, but next year is going to be do or die for both of them.

If they fire Gus they might gently caress up the unholy pact with the refs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I'm ready to whoop some Gata rear end and win the East like James Franklin is at QB and Gary Pinkel is wearing his visor on the sidelines!!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Iowa state at least made it interesting right at the end, but you could tell that their offense just wasn’t good enough to beat out the OSU defense. Couple of dropped balls right in the numbers didn’t help though.

Still a good chance to finish second in the Big 12, which is really good for ISU.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Iowa state at least made it interesting right at the end, but you could tell that their offense just wasn’t good enough to beat out the OSU defense. Couple of dropped balls right in the numbers didn’t help though.

Still a good chance to finish second in the Big 12, which is really good for ISU.

There's still a Big 12 Championship Game this year? In theory anyway, assuming everything doesn't have to get locked down again? You might get a rematch.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mike_V posted:

I'm ready to whoop some Gata rear end and win the East like James Franklin is at QB and Gary Pinkel is wearing his visor on the sidelines!!

It may happen. We can’t stop poo poo. Our offense is good but it basically has to score every drive against any team with offensive pulse.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

LeeMajors posted:

It may happen. We can’t stop poo poo. Our offense is good but it basically has to score every drive against any team with offensive pulse.

Does Florida have a Covid outbreak or did they have a scheduled bye/their opponents had Covid outbreaks?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Does Florida have a Covid outbreak or did they have a scheduled bye/their opponents had Covid outbreaks?

Florida's got a pretty bad one (er, both the state and the team), and Mullen got it too.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

PostNouveau posted:

There's still a Big 12 Championship Game this year? In theory anyway, assuming everything doesn't have to get locked down again? You might get a rematch.

Yea the game is still scheduled, so we might get another shot if we don’t blow another game.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Mike_V posted:

Coming off a Covid-19 break the Gators might be more focused and less Muschampian.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Minnesota turned back into a pumpkin. Ibrahim and Bateman are good as ever, but the defense and o line suck. I can't tell if Tanner Morgan has regressed or if it's merely because he has less guys to bail him out this year.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

i saw that on the ticker and its legit the lamest poo poo i've seen in college ball

I missed this last night and when I saw it this morning I was like well yeah I guess if you pay a small school to be your opening sacrifice you can do the not running up the score thing

Then I remembered it was against Nebraska and I got really annoyed. Crush your conference foes as hard as you can imo.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Incoherence posted:

Rice football status:
https://twitter.com/AtTheRoost/status/1320142414296895488
At least we got some national exposure by losing in one of the goofiest possible ways?

:golfclap: that's a thing of beauty. More than 3 hits should just be an automatic GOAAAAL.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Minnesota turned back into a pumpkin. Ibrahim and Bateman are good as ever, but the defense and o line suck. I can't tell if Tanner Morgan has regressed or if it's merely because he has less guys to bail him out this year.

They’re probably still pretty good but like 8-4 good (in a normal season).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The line is so bad

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Cthulu Carl posted:

This graph pleases me

Maybe I should :nws: it...

I don't understand how the win probability went down to 50% after it almost reached 100% to Penn State near end of game. Like, at what point did they decide it was a 50-50 game?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DrunkPanda posted:

I don't understand how the win probability went down to 50% after it almost reached 100% to Penn State near end of game. Like, at what point did they decide it was a 50-50 game?

Game was won in OT, I assume the first 50% toward the end is that, the second is after the TD and before the conversion.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DrunkPanda posted:

The 50-50 wiggling is from IU tying it with like 22 seconds left to PSU missing the field goal right at the end of regulation. It's also probably the model going "What the gently caress is this poo poo, what is even happening any more, just flip a loving coin."

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Mertz just had a positive COVID test.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Regnevelc posted:

I am no longer wondering why Wisconsin can never get a great QB.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Coco13 posted:

I am no longer wondering why Wisconsin can never get a great QB.

He needs to take another test to confirm it.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Regnevelc posted:

Yeah that sounds about right.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

big ten pulled every string possible to make sure the games this week started without a hitch, I bet from here on out we see at least one game cancelled for the next few weeks

imagine starting your football season literally the same week as the day with the single highest COVID increase in the entire pandemic

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

big ten pulled every string possible to make sure the games this week started without a hitch, I bet from here on out we see at least one game cancelled for the next few weeks

imagine starting your football season literally the same week as the day with the single highest COVID increase in the entire pandemic

well you see, nebraska really really really wanted to do it, so every b1g school should be running up the score on them as much as possible

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Regnevelc posted:

The Chase Wolf era begins

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Did Rondale Moore's "undisclosed" reason for not playing yesterday get...disclosed?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Declan MacManus posted:

it’s a weird season so i don’t think fuente will be fired this year but next year his seat’s gonna be on loving fire

i wonder if fickell would ever leave the midwest, i feel like that would be a slam dunk

I have often wish they'd pursued Fickell instead of Fuente.

He isn't going anywhere until at least after next season just based on the buyout. VT just does not have the kind of boosters that would shell out money to get him gone without it destroying the budget. I think we will still win another 3-4 games but which games those are are anybodies guess. Is it possible they just start stringing together wins? Sure, but it's also equally likely they'll be streaky like they have been for the better part of 3 years. Losing in weird dumb ways and looking good on occasion against equal or lesser talent.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Regnevelc posted:

Balls.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Regnevelc posted:

Lmaoooooooo

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Fields doing braxton miller type moves

https://gifs.com/gif/fields-osu-spin-td-vlAPyV

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Looking forward to 5 no contests from each big ten program.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Fields rules, I don't know why he would push so hard to play another college season.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I also disagree with his decision

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
undefeated Aztecs baybeeeeee

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If Micah Parsons didn't want to opt back in, all the other B1Gs good players should join him in solidarity

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If Micah Parsons didn't want to opt back in, all the other B1Gs good players should join him in solidarity

Is this the Santa Clarita diet.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DC Murderverse posted:

It's very dumb that Minnesota played when like half their team had it, even if they're trying to get around that by just refusing to acknowledge what could have possibly taken out like a dozen guys in the midst of an out of control pandemic.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

It's very dumb that Minnesota played when like half their team had it, even if they're trying to get around that by just refusing to acknowledge what could have possibly taken out like a dozen guys in the midst of an out of control pandemic.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to how this will effect the Michigan players.

It's a great way to start an outbreak.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Did Rondale Moore's "undisclosed" reason for not playing yesterday get...disclosed?

No.

There were rumors of a nasty leg injury early in camp, but nothing ever confirmed. He did not appear in any of the scrimmage video they posted from the week of 10/17.

Dienhart and Rittenburg both say he will play this week, but until I see him on the field I'm still going to worry for him. During pre-game the big ten cameras settled on him and when he noticed he pulled someone in front of himself to block them.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

whos that broooown posted:

Looking forward to 5 no contests from each big ten program.

Ohio State's 1-0? Good enough pack it in boys just put em in the playoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Somehow I missed that Auburn was given yet another gift by replay officials this week. Holy hell, what do they have on the league offices? The Arkansas one you can at least (barely) justify as an inadvertent whistle, but I don't know how you explain the Kentucky or Ole Miss plays.