Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

When my mom was very pregnant with my younger brother, I asked her how he was going to get out. She told me that "a sort of door opens up and the baby comes out." So for a while I imagined the skin on her belly receding to reveal an actual little wooden 4-panel door, peaked top like a door in a castle or old church, with hinges and a door knob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Festus The Fetus posted:

I thought the D in Disney was a backwards G, probably in part do to my dyslexia.

I thought it was a Q.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

When I was like 6 I thought girls' genitalia was a kind of tube, like an empty foreskin, and it stuck out of their buttcrack.

no idea where this idea came from

I thought this too. My impression of it was like an empty ballsack with a hole in the middle, but it was where the penis would be on a boy.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I thought getting fired from a job meant they brought you before a firing squad.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I thought when you had a boner an actual bone slid down from your abdomen into your penis.

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

BigBadSteve posted:

His abusive dad was loving with him. He would never treat his son as a man.

They were some sort of fundamentalist so that wouldn't surprise me. They were gone after that school year.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I thought this too. My impression of it was like an empty ballsack with a hole in the middle, but it was where the penis would be on a boy.

I mean this is actually an ALMOST true guess

not like... visually, probably

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I thought that if my dad took off his wedding band he would turn in to a werewolf.
Turns out it just turned him in to an alcoholic.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

thunderspanks posted:

"boy lowtax sure is cool and funny"
https://youtu.be/yxlO5IGst-E
Lowtax does what ebaumsworldont

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Gianthogweed posted:

https://youtu.be/yxlO5IGst-E
Lowtax does what ebaumsworldont

on a serious note I've never seen this before, and as someone usually irritated by bad novelty songs I gotta say whoever did this one really nailed the production

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

thunderspanks posted:

on a serious note I've never seen this before, and as someone usually irritated by bad novelty songs I gotta say whoever did this one really nailed the production

He's the same guy who made this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Naturally as a hilarious and cool person, all the other goons harassed him off the forum.

edit:

I grew up in a rough neighborhood and there was always broken windshield glass on the streets from car break-ins. My friend convinced us all those were condoms. You were supposed to put the glass bits in a cup with warm water and they would dissolve, then you'd stick your dick into it for a shiny new condom coating.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 9, 2021

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I thought when you had a boner an actual bone slid down from your abdomen into your penis.

Humans are one of the few mammals who don't have a penis bone.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

there was a cholesterol scare when i was a kid and watching the news had me believe eating multiple eggs would kill you. one egg, you're fine. two eggs, you drop dead.

i also thought the people who died on tv and in movies were depressed people who had agreed to get shot on film.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Wall Balls posted:

i also thought the people who died on tv and in movies were depressed people who had agreed to get shot on film.
In a similar vein, when I was probably around 6 and had no idea how movies/tv were made, I thought actors had to memorize all their lines. I had no concept of takes & scenes and it made it all seem so daunting.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

thunderspanks posted:

In a similar vein, when I was probably around 6 and had no idea how movies/tv were made, I thought actors had to memorize all their lines. I had no concept of takes & scenes and it made it all seem so daunting.

You've invented theatre

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
When I was really young, I thought that height was related to age. That the older you were, the taller you were.

To be fair, though, I was probably picking up on the fact that kids get taller as they develop and most of the people I knew at the time were kids.

I also knew several kids that thought clones were telepathically linked, for some reason.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

thunderspanks posted:

I thought all TV was filmed live and reruns were perfect re-enactments of the original episode.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
When I was 12 i got a really bad cold and sore throat that made my voice sound like a 50 year old smoker I assumed it was puberty and id sound like that forever

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I (an American) used to think that people who spoke non-English languages heard their own languages as English in their own heads.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

When I was about seven, my dad took me skiing. He pointed out one of the artificial snow machines that was running and I asked him how it could make snow if it wasn't cold enough for it to snow normally. He explained that the machine was using very finely sliced potatoes, and that there was a potato-melting chemical in them that would get rid of them in three days. Since I was a kid, I just nodded. I had seen what color potatoes were and they looked pretty white so it made sense they would blend in with snow.

I went up to a different resort when I was like 15 or so, with some friends. As I rode by one of their snow machines, I wondered to myself "Where do they put the potatoes in?" Then I realized the truth.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Telsa Cola posted:

Humans are one of the few mammals who don't have a penis bone.

The Hebrew word for 'rib' and 'baculum' is the same, and it's entirely possible that Adam was supposed to have given up his dickbone to make Eve

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

My mother told me my father was bald because he out rubber bands on his head for too long and cut off circulation to his scalp. I believed that for a bit.

Project 2501
Nov 18, 2014
I thought I could control the weather if I wished hard enough.

Also, when I was 5 or 6 I left a small cup of water on the veranda. The next day, the water was gone! I was flabbergasted. I did it again and I saw a bee drinking from it. Scientific conclusion: small bodies of water disappear because bees drink it, and rivers, lakes and the ocean have too much water so the bees can't drink it all.

I was a loving genius.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I briefly thought the Mute function on the TV paused the program. I was very sad when I got out of the shower and MacGuyver was actually over.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I thought turning off the TV would pause the show, and when I would come back hours later after going shopping and sitting in the car waiting for my mom to get done 'Running in and out" Tom and Jerry would still be on.

Id spit on ants on the sidewalk, come back the next day and wonder where my spit and ant had gone off too.

I'd sit for hours in the locker room at the ymca as a 10 year old waiting for the time i thought i could go swimming from the sign i read wrong. Like Public hours 10a-3p, Family hours 3p-8p or something, and Id wait from 1:30 till 3p id start swimming. If I wasnt allowed to go swimming, they would have told me no, its not swimming time.

My brother thought a rhinoceros was a dinosaur.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I used to believe that pee was stored in the balls.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I used to believe that pee was stored in the balls.

Last week was a hell of a time

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I still believe it but I used to believe it as well.

fake edit: all due respect to mister Hedberg

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Our next door neighbor always had a shaved head. I asked him why he did that, he said it's because his hair is purple. Made sense to me... I would sneak study his stubble when present and never saw the purple, and figured it became more visible as it grew out.

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 10, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My dad was an engineer and worked for two major firms in his career. When he went from the first to the second, I was convinced that his new office was in the laundry and hemming service building just because I liked their sign.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Defiance Industries posted:

When I was about seven, my dad took me skiing. He pointed out one of the artificial snow machines that was running and I asked him how it could make snow if it wasn't cold enough for it to snow normally. He explained that the machine was using very finely sliced potatoes, and that there was a potato-melting chemical in them that would get rid of them in three days. Since I was a kid, I just nodded. I had seen what color potatoes were and they looked pretty white so it made sense they would blend in with snow.

I went up to a different resort when I was like 15 or so, with some friends. As I rode by one of their snow machines, I wondered to myself "Where do they put the potatoes in?" Then I realized the truth.

Lmao

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

My school mascot was the Bears. When I was in kindergarten the school wanted to let the students vote on a new design for the bear logo. They gave every kid in school a printout with a bunch of different dumb snarling bear faces to choose from. I took this to mean they were going to bring an actual ferocious live bear into the school and I expressed my concern about that to my teacher, who told my parents. They all agreed this was hilarious and adorable but I felt pretty stupid.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Knormal posted:

I thought getting fired from a job meant they brought you before a firing squad.

I overheard my mom on the phone saying my grandma got fired from her job. I imagined all of her coworkers picking her up and throwing her into a large fire

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Festus The Fetus posted:

I thought the D in Disney was a backwards G, probably in part do to my dyslexia.

I always knew it was Disney, but I always have and will read it as "Gisnep"

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Insects become aggressive or quick when you try to step on them. In the same vein, cars become mad when someone says 'step on it' as in 'step on the accelerator'. Fast cars are loud because they are ANGRY AS gently caress like some mechanical road wasp.

Dead people are taken via hearse directly to the cemetery. The ambulance siren is to let everyone know someone died.

B.J. Blazkowicz killed Hitler, and Wolfenstein 3d was an educational video game (all the other ones I played were). I knew about Nazis before I knew WW2 was a thing.

Dot Matrix is the printer's name (I had an aunt named Dorothy, Dot for short).

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 10, 2021

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

I grew up in a rough neighborhood and there was always broken windshield glass on the streets from car break-ins. My friend convinced us all those were condoms. You were supposed to put the glass bits in a cup with warm water and they would dissolve, then you'd stick your dick into it for a shiny new condom coating.

:ohdear: I hope no one personally fact-checked that

when i was a kid I thought condoms were just weird individually packaged balloons that adults kept in their bedrooms. I figured the balloons were boring colors because adults were boring

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

When I was very small, I wanted to be a fire engine when I grew up. Not a fireman, that was all climbing ladders and poo poo. I wanted to zoom around shouting 'nee-nah' all day, tho technically I could do that anyway.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Based on the combination of their texture and my mother making meatloaf for dinner every Friday, very young me assumed that my nuts were where my body would store excess meatloaf.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

after a trip to the zoo when I was 5, I thought that elephants were the last living dinosaurs. I felt pretty smart explaining that to my mum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I have been informed by my parents that as a 3 year old, I thought it was very sensible that moms gave birth at a hospital. Not because they needed medical attention themselves, but because it was good to have qualified people assemble the baby from the parts.