Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

BigBadSteve posted:

Buyer after they try to resell the NFT for a hefty profit only to belatedly discover it ain't worth poo poo:
:chloe:

Lol irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Smugworth posted:

Good news everyone! An unnamed buyer has purchased my account, including its avatar, plat, no ads, and archives, for the low price of one bitcoin!

I now bid you all adieu! Congratulations, Smugworth!

who will i buy kratom from now???

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Music company buys NFT of 'Side-eyeing Chloe' meme https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58687070

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015
look, if it pays off the mortgage is a down payment for the house why not take it

edit

quote:

sold for $74,000

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
well honestly she SHOULD get some paper from all the use people have gotten out of it

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
i keep seeing those "bitcoin ATMs" but have literally never seen anyone walk up to one

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Originally my presidential platform was gonna be focused entirely on abolishing daylight saving time, but I think I can squeeze “outlaw blockchain” in there too

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

i keep seeing those "bitcoin ATMs" but have literally never seen anyone walk up to one

I saw a homeless man use one for shade

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I hope Chloe cleans some tech dweeb out and doesn't have to worry about paying for her college education

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Crazy to remember that until NFTs came into being in recent years, we had no way of buying or selling intellectual property rights or digital goods

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The Stone Cold Stunner, Brought To You By Arby's

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Gutcruncher posted:

Crazy to remember that until NFTs came into being in recent years, we had no way of buying or selling intellectual property rights or digital goods

I didn't know what art was until I bankrupted myself with NFTs!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t understand NFT since it doesn’t give you the copyright anyway.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
will she have to pay back taxes on it?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

What do you get for someone who has everything?

Selling NFTs is amazing, people figured out how to make money selling actually nothing

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

signalnoise posted:

What do you get for someone who has everything?

Selling NFTs is amazing, people figured out how to make money selling actually nothing

you paid ten american dollars to post that

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you paid ten american dollars to post that

Not in today's money

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

signalnoise posted:

Not in today's money

so you saved like what? 15.4 cents by joining in 2008

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

so you saved like what? 15.4 cents by joining in 2008

It's an investment okay how else am I supposed to get those sweet Dr Eldarion savings

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

signalnoise posted:

It's an investment okay how else am I supposed to get those sweet Dr Eldarion savings

I honestly have no idea what that means

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Did anyone claim that woman who took the 26-foot long poo poo as an NFT yet because I kinda feel it's the perfect representation for NFTs.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

funeral home DJ posted:

Did anyone claim that woman who took the 26-foot long poo poo as an NFT yet because I kinda feel it's the perfect representation for NFTs.

What

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I honestly have no idea what that means

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The emperor has no clothes, and will gladly sell them to you

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Look if you don't know who Dr Eldarion is after 12 years i dunno what to tell ya Mumpy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

signalnoise posted:

Look if you don't know who Dr Eldarion is after 12 years i dunno what to tell ya Mumpy

its 13 years and 5 or so as a lurker, but ok

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

its 13 years and 5 or so as a lurker, but ok

The coupons forum is good

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I should just make an NFT for Amazon.com and sell it for 3 million bucks. Seems like a huge bargain to own the Amazon.com nft

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

It was on the forums years ago and is gross as hell, don't say I didn't warn you:

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/KmX21EE.jpg:nws:

It wasn't real, it was some weird art project but still prime NFT material right there.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Is there an explanation for the constant beeping in the background of the video this is from other than "one or both of the parents have their seatbelts unbuckled"?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

To be fair, with some NFTs you do get reproduction rights thrown in. (Probably not if bought from the biggest vendors-cum-scammers, a handful of companies handles most of them, I've seen the fine print for one and ownership is not transferred in NFTs they list and sell.)

Edit: Understanding is as easy as remembering there's a sucker born every minute, and anything crypto attracts them like flies to poo poo.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Sep 26, 2021

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

To be fair, with some NFTs you do get reproduction rights thrown in. (Probably not if bought from the biggest vendors-cum-scammers, a handful of companies handles most of them, I've seen the fine print for one and ownership is not transferred in NFTs they list and sell.)

Edit: Understanding is as easy as remembering there's a sucker born every minute, and anything crypto attracts them like flies to poo poo.

Yep. Basically this. 99.95% have no appreciable rights associated with them making them little more than a "name a star after yourself!!" Certificate but for a piece of digital "art".

Even when they do have rights thrown in, who upholds those rights? The answer as always is the courts. This just fundamentally makes NFTs a very expensive and inefficient way of signing a contract, with the added bonus that since the'yre ~~on the blockchain~~ when a scammer issues a bunch of fraudulent ones it's much less easy to get them removed.

This then has a host of legal problems because a lot of these grifting shitstains make the smart contracts that organise these things have nice touches like "every time this is sold, the original artist gets 10% of the sale price!!", which would be great if it didn't piss all over the right of free alienation (absolutely critical to property law) and the right of first sale doctrine (again, absolutely critical in copyright law).

the entire thing, as with crypto, is an elaborate grift based on tricking people into thinking this solves a problem that never existed in the first place, BUT WITH BITCOIN!!!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

Probably gonna make a bunch of money cuz there's a link on BBC.

drat i wish i was famous enough to have major news outlets boost my scam

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
i do not understand this NFT malarkey

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

pixaal posted:

Coinbase is publicly traded as COIN. You consider a major stock to be a shady company?

lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

a dmc delorean posted:

i do not understand this NFT malarkey

i dunno, what's NFT you?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

funeral home DJ posted:

It was on the forums years ago and is gross as hell, don't say I didn't warn you:

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/KmX21EE.jpg:nws:

It wasn't real, it was some weird art project but still prime NFT material right there.

Lmao thank you

Kang Youwei
Jul 27, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBAzlNJonO8

Z the IVth posted:

Has anyone actually gotten rich out of crypto? As in managed to convert $millions worth of bitcoin into cash or tangible assets?

Yes.

Yes we have.

But anyone who understands this thing has no desire whatsoever to convert precious BTC into ANY other asset.

This new money technology has absolutely changed lives. Many lives, and very dramatically so. It will continue doing so for a very, very long time.

I've been trying to teach you this for so long, but your cup has always been too full to listen.

Perhaps finally you'll listen now.

Perhaps not. Perhaps at USD $100k / BTC. Or perhaps not until USD $500k / BTC.

But sooner or later...

You will listen.

You will break.

You will capitulate.

And when that day comes...

For the first time in your arrogant, know-it-all little life...

I will laugh with you, instead of at you, nocoiner.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Fardnshid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Rinkles posted:

The emperor has no clothes, and will gladly sell them to you

FB, but it's literally this and incredible to watch.

Society circling the drain is actually a good thing we should try to speed it up.