Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
good series, ruined by english speaking actors playing vips

i guessed the end (kinda obvious imho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Hey op I hope you trip and then when you trip you see a cow patty and you open your mouth to yell but when you open it your maw fills with cow poo poo

Or shredded copies of this post it's really the same thing

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
The ending was poo poo. The guy bails on his daughter, yet again AND never bothers to get that woman's mother out of North Korea. He's a lazy sack of poo poo.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

yoloer420 posted:

The ending was poo poo. The guy bails on his daughter, yet again AND never bothers to get that woman's mother out of North Korea. He's a lazy sack of poo poo.

he had a really nice smile in his player photo though

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe he isn't meant to be a hero, hmmm???

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Honestly one of the best analyses I saw is in the end the game didn't change any of them at all. They were exactly the same going out as they went in

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Honestly one of the best analyses I saw is in the end the game didn't change any of them at all. They were exactly the same going out as they went in

The OP said not to watch it but not only have you watched you've apparently also watched hours worth of extra youtube bullshit about it?

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Im gonna watch it even harder now. gently caress u OP

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
isn't it just running man but korean???

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I haven't watched anything that has aped Battle Royale yet except Battle Royale 2 which sucked.

I like Battle Royale and the girl in the training video voices Asuka in Evangelion and I like how the cool dude calls the main character and his girl "pot lid and binoculars".

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i like how beat takeshi just gets up after being shot and answers the phone like nothing happened.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Beat Takeshi movies are so fuckin cool and I love them, though Battle Royale didn't age too well.

I caught Brother on HBO when I was like 12 and it prompted a love of Japanese and Korean movies

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Shid game

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Beat Takeshi movies are so fuckin cool and I love them, though Battle Royale didn't age too well.

I caught Brother on HBO when I was like 12 and it prompted a love of Japanese and Korean movies

battle royale isn't really one of his movies, he's just in it. i think, anyway. the bit i mentioned before feels like something he probably came up with, because it's a sudden interjection of deadpan absurdism into this pretty standard japanese melodrama tone.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

roomtone posted:

battle royale isn't really one of his movies, he's just in it. i think, anyway. the bit i mentioned before feels like something he probably came up with, because it's a sudden interjection of deadpan absurdism into this pretty standard japanese melodrama tone.

good points all around

Kinji Fukasu directed Battle Royale, and he made Yakuza movies in the 70s that are extremely hectic, violent, noisy, and fast paced. They're called Battles Without Honor and Humanity and yea the Kill Bill song took its title from these movies. They're really really loving good. I'd compare the pace to a Safdie Brothers movie, but it's more violent.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Dang that sounds great

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Booty Pageant posted:

isn't it just running man but korean???

No. Running Man is criminals getting killed with the false hope of freedom for the public to watch. Squid Game is poor people who are desperately in need of $$$ getting suckered into a game where 1/2 of them die without knowing the stakes in order to amuse bored billionaires.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

gently caress this Squid Game here isn't at all original *watches Marvel movie/tv show*. Anyway have a dumb joke, minor spoiler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dblVzivSms

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 5, 2021

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Ill make a deal:

Ill continue my fab gay weeb poo poo, and play fortnite, and will in fact not have netflix or watch squid game.

and uh, you can live with having watched that crap.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

what if they made Crab Game

Squid Game wins.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Violent Cop
Sonatine
Hana-bi

In that order, are the best beat takeshi movies.

Id rather die than watch squid game.

Boner M fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 5, 2021

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

No. Running Man is criminals getting killed with the false hope of freedom for the public to watch. Squid Game is poor people who are desperately in need of $$$ getting suckered into a game where 1/2 of them die without knowing the stakes in order to amuse bored billionaires.

so like when people were streaming fall guys all over twitch???

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Facebook is down and your choices are Squid Game or Free Guy welcome to 2021 bitch

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I feel like I have more options than that. I think I might sit outside and drink cheap beer and feed birds. At night I'll cower inside and give into my primal fear - imagining all sorts of monsters prowling in the shadows ready to tear my throat out and drag me off into the bushes to consume.

And what the hell is free guy? Should I avoid watching that too?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Its a deadpool movie about bideo james and has fortnite jokes 10/10

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

And what the hell is free guy? Should I avoid watching that too?

It's a hollow soulless and humorless shell of a movie. So, probably.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Netflix also has Kengan Ashura if you want to check out an extremely gay MMA anime

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

It really bothered me that the Front Man actor looks like Elon Musk.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

i want to watch squib game and its nothing but people being shot with fake bloody gunshots

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
On the subject of free guy:

You know it would be nice if Ryan Reynolds could Act instead of playing Ryan Reynolds.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Devils Affricate posted:

extremely gay MMA

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Devils Affricate posted:

Netflix also has Kengan Ashura if you want to check out an extremely gay MMA anime

*sigh* Why is everyone so redundant, for the last time, MMA IS ALREADY VERY GAY.

Edit: i dont mean that as a slur. I mean as in men tightly gripping each other on the mat.

I need a glass of water.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Talkc posted:

On the subject of free guy:

You know it would be nice if Ryan Reynolds could Act instead of playing Ryan Reynolds.

I think he can act. It's just that he's being typecast as himself these days. Similarly to Samuel L. Jackson.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

itry posted:

I think he can act. It's just that he's being typecast as himself these days. Similarly to Samuel L. Jackson.

Might be the case. Never been blessed to see him in anything with range.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I'm not an arbiter of range, but I think Definitely Maybe, Safe House, and The Voices are worth a watch (that last one is pretty hosed up though).

Edit: that is, worth a watch for different flavours of Reynolds.

aTosser
May 3, 2020
Funny, today someone recommended this show to me. I don't follow these trends so I just nodded my head. I am glad to have seen this post and given me the excuse of confirmation bias to not watch this show. Thank you.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmct2OAzE0g

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
squid game was fun to watch. the best character was the crazy lady!

the main character and all the other victims of the game are gambling addicts in one form or another, bent on self destruction. they all lose absolutely everything including the main character. his decision at the end pissed me off a lot (i have a daughter that age) but it was inevitable based on everything we have been shown about the guy.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Waltzing Along posted:

And at the end, the main dude decides to go all vigilante on the billionaires rather than fly to america to see his daughter.

How is this bad?

The world would be a better place with all billionaires dead.

Gatto Grigio fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Bula Vinaka posted:

good series, ruined by english speaking actors playing vips

i guessed the end (kinda obvious imho)

I'm watching it with Spanish subtitles so even if it sucks, I'm doing something productive as far as keeping my multi-lingual skills sharp.