Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i dont want to hear any of these dumb old assholes' opinions on hockey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I just remembered that Pierre Mcguire is not only no longer on the air but is in fact managing player development for the Sens.

I giggled a bit

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Ginette Reno posted:

I just remembered that Pierre Mcguire is not only no longer on the air but is in fact managing player development for the Sens.

I giggled a bit

A fate worse than death???

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It sucks he never caught one off the dome

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Wow gee whiz Vasi that was sloppy

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Woo :siren:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Danton got em

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Brian Boyle lmao

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Stanley Cup Champions Tampa Bay Lightning

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Still drunk from the boat parade

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I know Tampa can score 6 goals at the drop of a hat with their talent but what the hell are they doin tonight

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
that was a cool angle for that goal. saw that lane developing

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

Brian Boyle lmao

That crashed my feed.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ImplicitAssembler posted:

That crashed my feed.

too thicc

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
The Brian Boyle narrative is exhausting.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I'm going to immediately jinx this, but we're on pace for zero penalties this entire season. Hope your team isn't too reliant on the power play!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There is something vaguely comforting about seeing a giant slow man wearing #11 again though

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Wonderllama posted:

The Brian Boyle narrative is exhausting.

me and ginette reno went to see a pens game like ten years ago and this bartender near the arena said Boyle came in on a road trip, got hammered, and "rode the town bike"

good to see him back in a good place for him

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
lmao "the trap being gone." the trap will never be gone. turn on your monitor

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

All you need to do to beat the trap is stretch pass and also have forwards that can skate
Any time can do the former but there are still plenty that haven't bought into the latter yet

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

The trap being gone is just what the Islanders want you to think

So yes, please continue believing the trap is gone :smug:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Crosby and Malkin were clearly holding this team back

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/bybobcondor/status/1448085094053318661?s=21 so it’ll only be 4-1 VGK tonight

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
How the gently caress are you calling a trip when it's offside you donkey fucks

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Wasn't that offside before he tripped him?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Killorn is in mid season diving form

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

How the gently caress are you calling a trip when it's offside you donkey fucks

game management

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

marioinblack posted:

I'm going to immediately jinx this, but we're on pace for zero penalties this entire season. Hope your team isn't too reliant on the power play!

wait til you see our globetrotter pp led by Jeff Carter and Danton Heinen

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Wasn't that offside before he tripped him?

By a minimum of 3 feet yes

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I don’t like the PBP dude

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
ESPN not having a shot counter as a standard part of their scorebug is some bullshit

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I legit did not know that Teddy Blueger's name was Anglicized

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Was too busy to post earlier but the Lafferty pass on the Boyle goal was quite good and I'm going to keep saying he isn't a NHL player, but drat that pass was nice.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Sean McDonough is boring and awkward

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
There's been a couple of times they mentioned changes in the league in the last 17 years like hockey fans just stopped watching 17 years ago because it wasn't on ESPN anymore only to come back now.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Lightning are playing like poo straight from a butt, fellas.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

marioinblack posted:

There's been a couple of times they mentioned changes in the league in the last 17 years like hockey fans just stopped watching 17 years ago because it wasn't on ESPN anymore only to come back now.

There is a strong possibility that this might be true for some people. The NHL has barely even been on Sportscenter in the last 17 years.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

wait til they get a load of the two line pass

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Some of you may notice that the rover is no longer an officially recognized position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

shyduck posted:

Sean McDonough is boring and awkward

He’s the definition of :geno: bland and uninteresting, just as he was for those few years they had him do Monday Night Football.