Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Set phasers to "stun probably!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Set Phasers to "Warcrime"

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
The switch is labeled pew -- pew pew -- pew pew pew.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

That there is not a single photo available of William Shatner without his toupee will always be the greatest failure of the paparazzi profession.

closest we ever got:

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018
Laffin at the image of shatner going into space on the bezos dildo and frantically trying to keep his hairpiece on

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
There was a two book "unauthorized" history of star trek. I was going on a long rear end road trip when it came out and got the audio book. The one thing that stands out in my memory is roddenberry's return from his honeymoon. He said something along the lines of "you can go front to back, but you can't go back to front and maj has a nasty infection."

It's a great set of books though, if anyone is interested.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The only star trek series that involves a trek is voyager

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

ikanreed posted:

The only star trek series that involves a trek is voyager

More a star schlep, really

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
dopefiend shuffle.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Worf's brother has permanent amnesia because the Klingon high council dishonored him for two years.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gene Roddenberry wrote lyrics to the original Star Trek theme (which he knew would never be used) because doing so meant he would get half the royalties for the song usage.

Patrick Stewart's agent convinced him to take the part on TNG because the agent was sure the show was going to be canceled after one season and it would be easy money.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

FunkyAl posted:

Worf's brother has permanent amnesia because the Klingon high council dishonored him for two years.
It's especially funny because it comes after like, what, six times Worf has been in/out of the Klingon inner circles and dishonored/rehonored?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Worf's brother was very sick, with honour disease. The only cures are death and amnesia. Thematically a bit of a wildcard.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Martok talking about his wife is drat hilarious. He's so thirsty and enthralled and clearly struggles because it makes him hate himself. He and O'brien should hang out and drink.

Ezri's take down of Klingon society and their facile honor system was dead-on. Basically "honor" and "the good of empire" are kayfabe to justify a bunch of political bullshit. Rather like most political systems.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

At the time of Next Generation, the Klingon Empire, despite the name, didn't actually have an Emperor for about 200 years. Eventually they decided to re-instate the position as a purely ceremonial role, filled by a clone of Klingon Jesus some monks made basically as a prank.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Martok's wife really wears the pants, which I imagine is incredibly common in Klingon society.

Their favorite earth export? "The Lockhorns!"

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Deep Space 9 has an identical twin station and the way you can tell them apart is that the twin is at a crooked angle... in space

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Worf grew up with humans, so the only knowledge he had of Klingons was from books. When we was a teenager, he got really into his culture, learned all the silly weapons and weird rituals and HONOR HONOR HONOR. So when he runs into actual Klingons, they're thinking "he does know that 99% of us aren't warriors, and we don't stab each other over insults or eat live food or any of that poo poo from BEFORE we were an interstellar civilization." But they don't say anything, cause they're polite, and it's amusing. And the few hardcore trad Klingons make him their mascot warrior brother. He's the Klingon equivalent of the weird SCA guys.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Tsaedje posted:

Deep Space 9 has an identical twin station and the way you can tell them apart is that the twin is at a crooked angle... in space

Neither empok nor terok

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9SSiHh0Y_8

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Cease to Hope posted:

tuvok is also the "we ain't found poo poo" guy

this is a good one

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I always imagined that it was Scotty bonking his head on the beam that caused the alarm, not the prisoner escape

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Q'APLA!

My favorite funny Trek thing is how the actor who played Gowron has spoken about that role in such serious and almost admiring terms.

I watched an interview once that had big Day-Lewis talking about method acting vibes.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o7UDpn1mKI

e: Another one I remembered is the detail in The Mark of Gideon from TOS where Kirk strides onto the Gideons' fake Enterprise bridge and pushes buttons to bring the Enterprise out of warp, etc.

Later, when Spock reaches the fake bridge, he figures out within a few seconds that none of the bridge consoles work. That episode made Kirk look like a gigantic buffoon.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 30, 2021

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Season one had Michael Dorn in awful makeup that was terrible for his skin and it almost caused him to leave the show.

He was done with the character then learned how much they’d pay for him to return on DS9 and was happy to do so. (Both stories from Dorn at a convention but seem believable)

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Season one had Michael Dorn in awful makeup that was terrible for his skin and it almost caused him to leave the show.

He was done with the character then learned how much they’d pay for him to return on DS9 and was happy to do so. (Both stories from Dorn at a convention but seem believable)

Wasn't one of his conditions for returning that Worf actually get to win fights?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Worf was a totally unnecessary addition to ds9's cast and story.

You don't need to job for the jem heddar: everyone gets the threat posed by "hyper-loyal clone army" instinctively

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I remembered the random South Park where as part of their hostage demands they requested that Worf from Star Trek drive them to Mexico and they refer to him throughout as Michael Dorn as he's objecting to being called Worf etc. and apparently someone asked him about it and he was like awww man i wish they asked me to voice the role of Michael Dorn, I love South Park

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Michael dorn voiced Marcus in fallout 2 and new vegas, he rules.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Brent Spiner had to suppress his thick Texan accent during TNG. It works because could you imagine Data talking like JR Ewing?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Polaron posted:

Wasn't one of his conditions for returning that Worf actually get to win fights?

Yeah I believe so.

ikanreed posted:

Worf was a totally unnecessary addition to ds9's cast and story.

You don't need to job for the jem heddar: everyone gets the threat posed by "hyper-loyal clone army" instinctively

Gonna politely disagree, DS9 was excellent before he arrived and then got even better. Way of the Warrior is one of my favorite two parters and he and Dax had good chemistry. Plus he was a big upgrade from Eddington, who then got to shine with the Maquis.

RandolphCarter posted:

Oh yeah he popped up as an alien bruiser on Invincible recently that was cool.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

Barclay voices Hakunin the Village Shaman Guy from Fallout 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4faPZgs7F-c&t=3s

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Barclay voices Hakunin the Village Shaman Guy from Fallout 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4faPZgs7F-c&t=3s

Dang that’s cool

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

That DICK! posted:

I remembered the random South Park where as part of their hostage demands they requested that Worf from Star Trek drive them to Mexico and they refer to him throughout as Michael Dorn as he's objecting to being called Worf etc. and apparently someone asked him about it and he was like awww man i wish they asked me to voice the role of Michael Dorn, I love South Park

Yet Brent Spiner voiced conan o' brien in the movie.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh56mTdFn8M

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

I forget how the conversation ended originally

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

ikanreed posted:

I forget how the conversation ended originally
Picard says for all they know reversing course might be what causes the explosion, so keep on truckin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

but thats stupid as gently caress, jean-luc!