Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It's a fun harmless movie and put the idea of Idris Elba and Charlize Theron banging in my head and I'm better for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Prometheus is fine. It’s fine!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Schlong Connery posted:

i'm like 90 percent positive that this line was said. this is the only other mandela effect thing i've experienced besides the spelling of dilemma

This dude answered the Whang! video with an original film print of the movie from 2008 that doesn’t have the line, but that doesn’t prove poo poo because although his print is from 2008, The line could have already been deleted from said print (or never existed on it in the first place). Everyone who brings it up (myself included) seems to remember it specifically being an opening weekend thing only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdf3S4s0iJM

Also, I saw it at a (then brand new) all-digital movie theater; no film projectors. It’s much easier and cheaper to remove a line from a digital movie file and resend it en masse to theaters than to recall film prints after opening weekend to remove a single line and make new prints from it. It was probably a digital only thing.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
People continue swearing to god that Rambo 3’s VHS has the “brave mujahideen” title card and they totally saw it themselves.

Well unless someone actually shows me a tape that includes that title card, contradicting the one I have here with me, I’m calling them full of poo poo. Not entertaining this “well in fact maybe SOME vhs copies…” devils proof bullshit cuz when you do then there’s absolutely no possible end to it.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

I remember the scene where an alt rock guy throws a bunch of spheres in the air and howls like a dog while they zoom around

Then everyone gets lost despite having a map

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Gutcruncher posted:

People continue swearing to god that Rambo 3’s VHS has the “brave mujahideen” title card and they totally saw it themselves.

Well unless someone actually shows me a tape that includes that title card, contradicting the one I have here with me, I’m calling them full of poo poo. Not entertaining this “well in fact maybe SOME vhs copies…” devils proof bullshit cuz when you do then there’s absolutely no possible end to it.

It says it at the end of the copy that’s on Netflix, or at least it was when I watched it approx 3 years ago

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Swearing you remember something as real when it either isn't, or is a combination of different things you saw in the past, is called abstraction. It's real and happens more often as you age.

Also, there were deleted scenes on DVD/Blu-Ray as well as "viral marketing" scenes and such that were released on the Internet to promote the movie, so you may be remembering some of those. The "director's cut" someone mentioned is not in fact a director's cut, but a fan-made extended cut that adds in the deleted + promo scenes into the theatrical release.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I don't know if you guys are joking about indiana jones 4, but they discovered a bootleg recording with the original scene like two and a half years ago. it turns out everybody was getting the missing line wrong- if you search for the actual line there were a ton of results. it wasn't "in your dreams, kid" was "thank you for picking up my hat, shia lebeowulf" and it was removed because the character's name was actually shia lebeouf

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

i was on set (I was the director) and can confirm

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The part where the male lead said "Wow, I'm just like Prometheus open parenthesis two thousand twelve closed parenthesis bringing the knowledge of fire to man" to be a bit on the nose

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The 'metheus.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Sourdough Sam posted:

OP really playing with fire (of the gods). I hope mods eat their liver every day for their hubris.

Livers are so concentrated with vitamin A that if you ate a raw one you would overdose

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

You Are A Elf posted:

I posted here about a line in Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull that I and a few other goons remember hearing opening weekend back in 2008 that was removed immediately thereafter and has never been heard again. The line is “In your dreams, kid.” when Indy snatches his fedora back from Mutt in the church at the end of the movie. It was a trending Internet thing for a hot minute last year and even became a Whang! video that features my post from here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5PfcfZHWrE

He said the line. I heard it with my own ears through the theater sound system, and you can’t convince me otherwise :colbert:

For years there were people who claimed that when they saw 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' at the theater in 1982, the title read 'Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan' without the 'II.' There was no evidence of this, and more than likely these folks were just confusing their memory of the film with a few merchandising items that didn't carry the 'II' in the title. This kind of thing happens.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

For years there were people who claimed that when they saw 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' at the theater in 1982, the title read 'Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan' without the 'II.' There was no evidence of this, and more than likely these folks were just confusing their memory of the film with a few merchandising items that didn't carry the 'II' in the title. This kind of thing happens.

Btw, in 2015 someone found a print of the film that proved once and for all that there indeed were copies that did not have the "II" in the title.

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Brother Tadger posted:

It says it at the end of the copy that’s on Netflix, or at least it was when I watched it approx 3 years ago

Unless anyone on the planet can actually show me a copy of the movie, physical or streaming, that exists anywhere, then I believe the message you saw was dedicating it to the brave people of Afghanistan. Not to the Mujahideen like people keep telling me happened but have never once been able to verify.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I remember that scene in Prometheus where that one guy said "I'm just to tired of all these Star Wars!"

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
my boba fett shot the plastic rocket from his backpack when i was a kid

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xslyoK9uobE

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
In my memory of watching Terminator 2 in the theater in 1991, Robert Patrick plays a policeman who investigates the T-1000s arrival scene. The T-1000 stays metallic until he copies and kills the Robert Patrick policeman.

I’m sure this was never filmed.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

In my memory of watching Terminator 2 in the theater in 1991, Robert Patrick plays a policeman who investigates the T-1000s arrival scene. The T-1000 stays metallic until he copies and kills the Robert Patrick policeman.

I’m sure this was never filmed.

:wrong:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

can somebody post that gif of Noomi Rapace flexing?

tia

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

can somebody post that gif of Noomi Rapace flexing?

tia

https://i.imgur.com/ZSNtPzQ.mp4
Her hat looks silly because it is too small(or to high on her head maybe) but she could kick the poo poo out of me so I wouldn't tell her that to her face.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
noomi rapace bares it all in the motion picture Lamb

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

AFewBricksShy posted:

https://i.imgur.com/ZSNtPzQ.mp4
Her hat looks silly because it is too small(or to high on her head maybe) but she could kick the poo poo out of me so I wouldn't tell her that to her face.

thank you

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Prometheus loving sucked but somehow it wasn't as bad as Alien Covenant

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
At least we can all agree that the worst alien movies are two and one

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Watch this. :cool:

Alien > Prometheus > Aliens 3 > Alien Covenant > Aliens

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

ikanreed posted:

At least we can all agree that the worst alien v. predator movies are two and one

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Where is it then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Does anyone the scenes that made Prometheus watchable? I'm having a hard time finding them.