Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Dr.Radical posted:

And to make matters weirder, Tenshin’s last bunch of fights have gone the distance. My 100% casual speculation is he’s lost a step due to putting too much time into boxing. I think Takeru will hand him his first loss and a T/KO at that. But I would have said that any way, I just like Takeru’s fighting more to begin with.

Yeah I think Takeru will absolutely mess him up. That exhibition with Taito was cool though, I’d like to see that fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

kimbo305 posted:

The Hammer looking... alive

he's almost a year sober and im proud of him :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/Markcolemanmma/status/1507107851898081288?t=gxp5KIwHN6Db40KdCikzXQ&s=19

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Good KO of the year contender
https://twitter.com/SeanSheehanBA/status/1510327938780180484?s=20&t=wAIrq6TWoKdFkNLPXe575w

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
holy poo poo

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Tekken in real life, still one of the best genres of knockout.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Gonna miss Duncan but also it looks like half the people who I knew from before have evaporated :(

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Gonna miss Duncan but also it looks like half the people who I knew from before have evaporated :(

yeah pretty much all the fyads fell off at some point and rheinhold might be lost in the boreal forrest of northern canadar for all i know. plenty of folks have me coming back but it wasn't what it once was. speaking of, please read my screenplay: Wasn't What It What Once - The Life and Downfall of Richard Kyanka

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, like, aside from that I am terrible at shitposting there is a reason I try to go information and discussion-heavy, we already had our shitposting golden age, the shitposters have passed into legend and now rather than having prominent shitposting quality our main feature as a location for MMA discussion is it being one of the precious few forums left to do it that isn't also one of the worst places on the internet.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i will watch takeru / tenshin because i know that if he is alive, dunc is out there somewhere, watching an illegal stream.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Watching this tonight:
https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1510389201782640642

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

NeatHeteroDude posted:

i'll keep posting here for that one guy said: would be unimaginable to try and post about it elsewhere

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

CarlCX posted:

Yeah, like, aside from that I am terrible at shitposting there is a reason I try to go information and discussion-heavy, we already had our shitposting golden age, the shitposters have passed into legend and now rather than having prominent shitposting quality our main feature as a location for MMA discussion is it being one of the precious few forums left to do it that isn't also one of the worst places on the internet.

rheinhold is doing well, I talked to him the other day. we're doing a project (soup)

edit: RIP my dudes cort and caffeinefree

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

are they actually :rip:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

they are to me

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
cortXbomb is on twitter, as is fatherdog

they seem to be doing well

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Work Friend Keven is also doing well, on Twitter

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Boco_T posted:

on Twitter

so, not well

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

At work tonight I thought of Teruto Ishihara and couldn’t remember what happened to him. Did he retire or end up in some B/Z league? Wherever he is, I hope he has plenty of bitches.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

He's still in Sacramento with Team Alpha Male, he took the start of the pandemic off and came back to the regionals last year and has still not won a fight since 2017. He mostly posts stuff on instagram of constant, mostly-nude Team Alpha Male hangouts.

He seems happy.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1510293382047932422?s

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

CarlCX posted:

He's still in Sacramento with Team Alpha Male, he took the start of the pandemic off and came back to the regionals last year and has still not won a fight since 2017. He mostly posts stuff on instagram of constant, mostly-nude Team Alpha Male hangouts.

He seems happy.

Ah, thanks. Sucks that he’s still on a losing streak but at least he’s in good spirits with his shirtless family.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
K-1 K'Festa 5 Update

I don't see the full show posted because I am at the whims of Chinese Youtube (also no files for Rise El Dorado yet), but at least someone posted a big chunk of it:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Jr4y1s7nQ
This file contains the first 13 fights out of the 21 fight show, and contains 11 fights with downs and 10 finishes. So if you are liberal with your "skip forward 30 seconds" finger, it's an extremely easy watch that I recommend.
These fights are on that file, bottom to top:
code:
Open Weight GP Semi-Final 2
Open Weight GP Semi-Final 1
Kongnapa Weerasakreck vs. Shoya Suzuki (Light)
Shintaro Matsukura vs. Julio Cesar Mori (75kg/165lb)
Yuki Takeuchi vs. Satoru Nariai (61kg/134lb)
Kenta Hayashi vs. Hayato Suzuki (Super Light)
Fukashi Mizutani vs. Ruku Kojima (Super Light)

Open Weight GP Opening Round
4: K-Jee vs. Mahmoud Sattari
3: Kyotaro Fujimoto vs. Hidenori Sakamoto
2: Satoshi Ishii vs. Kosuke Jitsukata
1: Koji Shikuwa vs. Seiya Tanigawa
Reserve: Hisaki Kato vs. Ryo Aitaka

Rui Hanazawa vs. Ryunosuke Hoshi (Open)
DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER UNTIL AFTER YOU WATCH THE FIRST ROUND OF THE GRAND PRIX: Satoshi Ishii gets a rib injury in his round 1 win and withdraws, so Semi-Final 1 contains the winner of the Reserve fight.

My specific fight recommendation from that file is this:
Kenta Hayashi (20-8-2, 14 KO) vs. Hayato Suzuki (10-7-1, 6 KO) (Super Light)
Hayashi is a former K-1 lightweight champion, and won the 2018 lightweight grand prix. Suzuki is a former Krush super lightweight champion, but is on a three fight losing streak and hasn't won since October 2020. Very competitive and entertaining.
When researching this write-up I can see per K-1's website that Hayashi's entrance music is "Dead & Gone" by T.I. featuring Justin Timberlake and Suzuki's entrance song is "I Get Lonely" by KEIJU.
Timestamp 2:56:30 https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Jr4y1s7nQ?t=10590

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mark coleman turning into mike ehrmentraut

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/HenryCejudo/status/1510838006286012419?s=20&t=

Henry tragically winning me back over

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

beep by grandpa posted:

Henry tragically winning me back over

Henry Cejudo with an improved level of self awareness is actively funny? Who knew?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Henry Cejudo with an improved level of self awareness is actively funny? Who knew?

Henry was once on AEW with Mike Tyson and it was hilarious with him being around big people

see if you can spot him

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

him being both smaller and ridiculously well decorated makes for some humour.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Southpaugh posted:

him being both smaller and ridiculously well decorated makes for some humour.

He would win an mma match with everyone there which is the funniest part

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I dunno, I think some of the NCCA-decorated wrestlers who outweigh him by 100lbs could neutralize for 15min.
That's just the freakshow fan in me desiring to see this matchup in Rizin.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

He would win an mma match with everyone there which is the funniest part

Uhhhhh that's clearly not true because there's a lion t-rex who survived in a new jungle in that shot as well

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

kimbo305 posted:

I dunno, I think some of the NCCA-decorated wrestlers who outweigh him by 100lbs could neutralize for 15min.
That's just the freakshow fan in me desiring to see this matchup in Rizin.

back when they wrestled probably but those guys have been doing steroids and pro wrestling for years, there's no way they have the mechanics or flexibility anymore

maffew buildings posted:

Uhhhhh that's clearly not true because there's a lion t-rex who survived in a new jungle in that shot as well

this is true tho

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
https://twitter.com/JHKMMA/status/1511555483563601920

Wonder if this actually happens, they've been pretty anti-tournament for years now right?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 6, 2022

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
praying sterling taps yan in the first round just to see the coping from yan fans

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
That or another DQ

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Praying that the show is actually over by 1 AM so that the end of the title fights don't overlap with the start of the Formula 1 Sunday race in Australia

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

https://twitter.com/JHKMMA/status/1511555483563601920

Wonder if this actually happens, they've been pretty anti-tournament for years now right?

So much so that "the UFC is suddenly going to Singapore for the first time and in a format that means they're locking down as much regional top talent as possible" feels pretty impossible to not see as the UFC trying to step on ONE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
It's not their first time in Singapore. They were gifted the modern classic that was Maia/Askren back in 2019.