Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Goreld posted:

You would ride on a skateboard to *avoid* injury? I say having my only broken bone in my life from riding a skateboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRYmKQeIiNs

Cross post this with the Mocking People thread and see some smiles turn to frowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sad question
May 30, 2020

RumbleFish posted:

Final Destination is fun, but I always thought the central concept -- that Death got cheated, and is coming back to kill the people who should have died during a catastrophic event -- was pretty dumb. If someone's lucky enough to survive an accident, then they clearly WEREN'T supposed to die that day; it wasn't Death loving up somehow, and there's nothing to cosmically correct. I know that's kind of a stupid logic hill to die on for what's a silly series of horror movies, but it always bugged me.
Death's got quotas and doesn't give a poo poo. Surviving because of some vision isn't covered under terms of service and he'd rather Rube Goldberg motherfuckers to death than deal with that paperwork. Honestly, someone should have tried slipping him a twenty when he pops up to deliver a menacing monologue.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

They're slasher movies...

without the slasher!

Isn't that something?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The best horror movie is nobody sleeps in the woods tonight 2

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
My buddy pitched me the idea of a Final Destination movie set in an old folks home. All the residents keep dying of natural causes and the wacky accidents that only old people ever seem to get into and no one can keep track of who’s actually getting Final Destinationed or not.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i actually enjoyed happy death day

both of them

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Luvcow posted:

i actually enjoyed happy death day

both of them

:same:

It was dumb and fun and I didn't expect much more than that.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Mooey Cow posted:

Also the premise doesn't make sense because presumably Death could just cause a massive blood clot and have them all die of a stroke or heart attack or some poo poo like that.
Death's been at this for a long time, sometimes they've gotta mix things up and play mousetrap

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Imagine being in a film, I feel sick thinking about it.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Outrail posted:

:same:

It was dumb and fun and I didn't expect much more than that.

exactly

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Imagine being in a film, I feel sick thinking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I weep for the future.