Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i used to have lucid dreams

i still do but i used to too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mimesweeper posted:

i used to have lucid dreams

i still do but i used to too

What were they about?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I only have liquid dreams OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7RPvOOjCvE

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is this the one where I can't wake up and I am falling into a pit with witches flying around?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

What were they about?

if i notice im dreaming ill try to start flying around, or do something cool with whatevers happening around me, but i can never hold onto it for very long

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mimesweeper posted:

if i notice im dreaming ill try to start flying around, or do something cool with whatevers happening around me, but i can never hold onto it for very long

Man. That was not the cool answer I was hoping for

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Man. That was not the cool answer I was hoping for

oh, poo poo. uhh, uhh, they're mostly about telling really funny jokes, and then slightly less funny jokes, and then dying a tragic death

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mimesweeper posted:

oh, poo poo. uhh, uhh, they're mostly about telling really funny jokes, and then slightly less funny jokes, and then dying a tragic death

at least we know you aren't dreaming now

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

at least we know you aren't dreaming now

true, having a real hard time doing anything cool with this

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mimesweeper posted:

true, having a real hard time doing anything cool with this

WAKE UP!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
aww poo poo nothing happened. I guess we aren't in your dream. Or at least I can't wake you up

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
I've only had one lucid dream. My dream was about me waking up and starting my day, and I was in the shower when I realized I was in a dream. I was excited to start using my dream powers to fly around and poo poo but for some reason I decided I needed to finish my shower first. By the time I finished my shower I woke up and had to start my day for real. :argh:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9MuBVyB34A

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

oh no! Zsa Zsa!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I dont haveucid dreams but I've watched the movie Waking Life a few times while stoned.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
You should watch this movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu2eCwArRPs

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Been a decade since I've had any time to seriously train and haven't had one in years :( it's so cool tho even if you can only keep it stable for five seconds

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I'm not even lucid when I'm awake

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I've only had a handful in my life. I'd love to have more, but even when I'm asleep, my brain has no problem creating sensible text, which rules out most ways to tell if you're dreaming

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm barely lucid when I'm awake. No, I just accept whatever situation the dream is showing me as reality.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSaFgAwnRSc

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I have extremely vivid dreams, and remember some of them in minute detail even though they happened decades ago.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
I just count my fingers if stuff starts feeling dreamlike. After 5 if I'm dreaming my fingers look shaky and I usually just hyperventilate and wake myself up

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Poohs Packin posted:

I dont haveucid dreams but I've watched the movie Waking Life a few times while stoned.

I just watched this movie and holy poo poo I love absolutely everything about it, it's easily one of my favorites now.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Rarely but it's kinda fun. I do know I am one of the few people who loves nightmares and sleep paralysis

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

4-5 a week.
Good numbers

inshallah

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Big Scary Owl posted:

I just watched this movie and holy poo poo I love absolutely everything about it, it's easily one of my favorites now.

Its wacky Jungian babble but it's positive and pretty.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hearing about lucid dreams is great, it's all the needle through the eye pain you usually get but there's a sense of accomplishment attached

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i had a few in my early 20s but the more control i exerted on my surroundings the less control i had over my dream body

now alcohol withdrawal nightmares are where it's at, great writing tool if you don't respect yourself or your body, craziest poo poo you'll ever see

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
After watching Waking Life I had a dream where I flipped a light switch BUT THE LIGHT TURNED ON AND OFF IT DIDN'T WORK LIKE THE MOVIE SAID

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

not exactly lucid dreaming but if you want to have some crazy wild and incredibly vivid dreams smoke weed regularly for a while and then stop. the dreams for the next few nights are always insane.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My dreams are extremely vivid when I remember them, but I don't think they're lucid.

GRAB A BRUSH AND PUT A LITTLE MAKEUP

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I lucid dream but it always ends with me yelling really loud irl.

It’s a different scenario every time but what happens is I notice something out of place and fixate on it. Then I get freaked out and panic and yell something at whatever I’m seeing. It can be horrific or merely odd. I want to test if it’s a dream. Sometimes I just nope out and try to destroy whatever is nearby because I don’t want to be dreaming anymore. It’s too intense.

In last night’s dream I noticed a small tree was was on fire so I reached into some snow and packed a snowball to throw at it. The thing that made me realize it was a dream was I remembered it was summer and there wouldn’t be snow. Then I heard a bird squawking and in a panic I yelled WHATS THAT SOUND into my wife’s ear at 6:50am.

Sometimes I’m hanging out with my friend Matt. We’re just hanging out and it’s nice because it’s been a while since I’ve seen him. At some point I remember he’s been dead for four years. I scream in terror irl and wake up.

He’s not a spooky ghost he’s just there. And I’m always pissed after I wake up that instead of realizing it’s a dream and appreciating chilling with my friend, who I miss, I panic and freak out because it’s not supposed to be.

I feel like this is something I could get a grip on and actually have a good time in a dream if only I could stop from panicking. But it also might be I’m just sleeping in a weird position and not getting enough breath so my dumb brain gives me a deeply troubling fright to wake me up and gently caress up my day. Dreams suck.

The dreams that are straight up bonkers and I don’t have a clue I’m dreaming tend to be way better and funnier because I’m oblivious. The bad ones are where everything is normal and I’m just in my house but I can’t turn the lights on and it occurs to me I’m dreaming and I could just go outside and do loving whatever I want. I can’t handle that at all.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yes, nearly all the time. It kind of evolves into lucid dreaming. And my dreams are pretty kick rear end so it can be awesome.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
I have them all the time but have very little agency while dreaming. Wack rear end Lil Nemo poo poo.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I have vivid dreams every night but only realize it's a dream rarely. But I do realize I can fly via intense concentration in probably half of my dreams. it's an incredibly frustrating form of flight where I'm constantly having to focus on the idea of flying or I randomly start falling.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Try some ZMA supplements for better sleep and more lucid dreams

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Anne Whateley posted:

I've only had a handful in my life. I'd love to have more, but even when I'm asleep, my brain has no problem creating sensible text, which rules out most ways to tell if you're dreaming
My brain just decided to demonstrate this / own me by having a long dream all about filling out forms, sorting them, rereading them. That's not even part of my life wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ralph Hurley posted:

I lucid dream but it always ends with me yelling really loud irl.

It’s a different scenario every time but what happens is I notice something out of place and fixate on it. Then I get freaked out and panic and yell something at whatever I’m seeing. It can be horrific or merely odd. I want to test if it’s a dream. Sometimes I just nope out and try to destroy whatever is nearby because I don’t want to be dreaming anymore. It’s too intense.

In last night’s dream I noticed a small tree was was on fire so I reached into some snow and packed a snowball to throw at it. The thing that made me realize it was a dream was I remembered it was summer and there wouldn’t be snow. Then I heard a bird squawking and in a panic I yelled WHATS THAT SOUND into my wife’s ear at 6:50am.

Sometimes I’m hanging out with my friend Matt. We’re just hanging out and it’s nice because it’s been a while since I’ve seen him. At some point I remember he’s been dead for four years. I scream in terror irl and wake up.

He’s not a spooky ghost he’s just there. And I’m always pissed after I wake up that instead of realizing it’s a dream and appreciating chilling with my friend, who I miss, I panic and freak out because it’s not supposed to be.

I feel like this is something I could get a grip on and actually have a good time in a dream if only I could stop from panicking. But it also might be I’m just sleeping in a weird position and not getting enough breath so my dumb brain gives me a deeply troubling fright to wake me up and gently caress up my day. Dreams suck.

The dreams that are straight up bonkers and I don’t have a clue I’m dreaming tend to be way better and funnier because I’m oblivious. The bad ones are where everything is normal and I’m just in my house but I can’t turn the lights on and it occurs to me I’m dreaming and I could just go outside and do loving whatever I want. I can’t handle that at all.

*in your partner's voice

Huh.

Wow.

That's crazy.

That's crazy, huh, wow.