Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
conscious eternity is my biggest fear since I read that stupid stephen king story.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why tho

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Vampire Panties posted:

What is the biggest dump you've ever taken

I don’t know. I did have dysentery for a month during a cholera outbreak. Turns out my gut bacteria are not immortal

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's really dumb to assume that your sense of self is somehow a permanent thing and not just an illusion. Like the dude getting poked in the butt with a hot poker in Christian hell probably will not even mind it after a 100 years, hell, he'll even miss it after a thousand. Being some mook for a few decades will first become a distant memory and then cease to exist and your new norm, your new identity, will be a guy with hotpoker in his butt. You'll adapt and love it!

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

OP does skincare really work or is it a scam? Asking because they had unguents and whatnot for 100000 years but I feel like skin is not very different now than it was then.

I'll take my answer off-air.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's really dumb to assume that your sense of self is somehow a permanent thing and not just an illusion. Like the dude getting poked in the butt with a hot poker in Christian hell probably will not even mind it after a 100 years, hell, he'll even miss it after a thousand. Being some mook for a few decades will first become a distant memory and then cease to exist and your new norm, your new identity, will be a guy with hotpoker in his butt. You'll adapt and love it!

Satan will spice it up a bit every couple of decades and poke the other cheek.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

neato burrito posted:

What is going to happen to you when the sun swallows the Earth?

I don’t know, it’s not like this thing came with a manual. I really hope it’s not an eternity of conscious burning inside a star.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Of course not, stars burn out after a few billion years.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

neato burrito posted:

What is going to happen to you when the sun swallows the Earth?

I mean presumably you would have your own cool personal space ship at that point.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wendigee posted:

And yes, I am 5’2. That was pretty tall back a few millennia ago. These days I’m supposedly a short king.

:lmao:

hows the short on everything else working out for you king?

I’m not much taller but I just accepted it and it’s been pretty great. Much easier to avoid detection throughout the ages.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
if ur immortal and ten thousand years old or whatever it makes all of ur intimate relationships creepy because cmon he/she's like nine thousand years younger than u

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Just pretend to be Jesus coming back every couple millennia while humans or intelligent squid last, spice it up by doing it in drag now and then.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Really you'd be stupid not to start your own religion and put humanity on a golden path if you can't die and got nothing to do for eternity

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Really you'd be stupid not to start your own religion and put humanity on a golden path if you can't die and got nothing to do for eternity

:haibrower: If you're going to live forever, it would unethical to not bend the rest of the species to your will

This is why lobsters dont build cities.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Ethics are for chumps that die imo. This is why it's your solemn duty as a moral person to stop any life lengthening technology at all costs.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

kntfkr posted:

if ur immortal and ten thousand years old or whatever it makes all of ur intimate relationships creepy because cmon he/she's like nine thousand years younger than u

new frontiers in age gap discourse

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Imagine hanging out in the galactic center on a megastructure feeding off Sagittarius A and people are dragging your rear end on MWTwitter because you are dating someone less than 1000 years old.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
You need to start leaving clues to your divinity around now, so you can bene Gesserit humanity in 6000 years time.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Torquemada posted:

You need to start leaving clues to your divinity around now, so you can bene Gesserit humanity in 6000 years time.

…and low on that day they did posteth to school those of the Awful. “Hark I am immortal, here are some words”

And the goons looked upon this live long person and questioned them. “How big are your shits?”

naem
May 29, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol, fuckin noob immortal doesn't know how to mind palace

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Mooey Cow posted:

OP so senile he conflates life expectancy at birth with the average lifespan of adults. Just because a whole of babies died aged zero in those days doesn't mean 30 was some kind of ripe old age that adults died at.

glad someone pointed this out, saw it instantly and i think it shows OP is a fraud and is NOT immortal.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I bet op uses a Jitterbug.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I didn't know they made bottles of Ceaseless Shampoo back in the day

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

I'm really not sure if I should side with the magic people or the drunk here.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Management posted:

The thing they don’t tell you about immortality is that it sucks rear end. Take it from me, I’m thousands of years old and I would not recommend it.

You’re still basically the same human physiologically, more or less, except without the aging part. You have the memory capacity for one lifetime. Fun fact, when I started out people would live about 30-40 years, so the thing where old people lose their memory wasn’t a big problem back then. My point is, try to fit a few thousand years of memories into your brain and you’re going to forget 99% of it.

How old am I? I don’t know. We didn’t have dates back then, you just had to count. I lost count a long time ago, and I’ve been lying to people about my age for so long that I can’t even remember what year I’m telling them anymore. My guess is about 6000 years, give or take.

Sure, I’ve been married. I lost count of those too. Maybe once every couple of centuries. Marriages were not quite so formal at the beginning. You got with a chick and next thing you know she was sleeping next to your fire and that was it. I don’t remember any of their names or faces anymore. I do remember that they do not take it well when they age and you don’t.

No, I didn’t witness any interesting historical events. I was hanged by some Romans or Greeks. They eventually let me go but they branded my rear end. One time crusaders killed my entire family. Another time I was enslaved by muslim warlords. I’ve been mostly trying to avoid conflicts since then.

And yes, I am 5’2. That was pretty tall back a few millennia ago. These days I’m supposedly a short king. I still look 25 so I have to know these things or else I can’t talk to anyone. Hanging out with recent college grads who think I’m their bro is the worst. Oh, where did I go to school? University of Ur, I majored in Assyrian Studies.

Your day to day problems are so boring to me. Soon you will be dead and I’ll forget your name and face and everything else about you. I tried to keep a journal. Now I have like 3 dozen volumes in Aramaic, Greek, Arabic, and some language I don’t even recognize. I don’t remember how to speak any of those languages anymore.

I have no idea where I was born or when. I have to keep inventing new identities every few year, getting new friends, avoiding people I previously knew. There’s a lot of packing up and starting over involved. Even if you meet people who are cool with it they’ll just die. Also nobody is cool with it. They all have some bizarre thing they’re fascinated with like, like whether I met jesus or if my sperm dies after I bust. I didn’t and I don’t know.

What was I saying? Right, living forever is like that move groundhogs day except every day you get a new cast and everyone from yesterday is dead. So if you have the option, I suggest not living forever.

PS: I wrote the script for highlander to see if it would bring out any other immortals. So far nothing. I had nothing to do with the second one.

My mistake, I thought you were Genesplicer at first.

naem
May 29, 2011

The Butcher posted:

I'm really not sure if I should side with the magic people or the drunk here.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
One day I will complete my education and sit down to die.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Hey if you don;t want to live forever, please meet me in my basement (which has a drain in it) for my gland transplantation experiments. I GUARANTEE you will not live forever*.

*this does not include your life-giving glands which will never die and which may in fact maintain recipients for millennia to come

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

OP is there a way to stay immortal without drinking blood every day? Asking for a friend

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Gatto Grigio posted:

OP is there a way to stay immortal without drinking blood every day? Asking for a friend

If you invented one it would be immoral or some poo poo. For some reason certain people find the idea of an immortal cannibal overclass to be dystopian or something.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Nigmaetcetera posted:

If you invented one it would be immoral or some poo poo. For some reason certain people find the idea of an immortal cannibal overclass to be dystopian or something.

well that’s just, like, your opinion, man…

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
As an Immortal, we're statistically likely to end up in a situation where we are stuck, with no escape.

A mine, a mudslide, earthquake, glacial exploring, mountain falls on you, whatever. And then .. you're just there, man. Forever. Maybe the destruction of the Earth would set you free, to float in an endless trajectory towards the edge of the universe. In a state of constant suffocation, forever. Once you're poofed out of the Earth, you can't really alter your trajectory unless you grab on to some space junk or a meteor or something.

Which statistically speaking, should be possible and you full force land on a planet, hopefully a habitable one that has some sort of life. Then eons later, they can shoot you towards another planet or something, I guess.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If you are immortal you're required to cut a toe off and see if it grows back. If it does, try a foot. Then a leg. Then your head. See if it grows back from the cut down or the cut up.

Science demands it.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Confusedslight posted:

Thr idea that I one day will die terrifies me. Give me immortality any day.

No need to grind for eternity baby boo I'll be ready for that eventual forever nap when it shows up. Even worse than immortality can you imagine dying and waking up in an afterlife or something, like goddamn I just wanted to rest.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Hob doesn't want to live forever. He just isn't ready to die yet

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I have recurring nightmares about being immortal. One of my greatest fears is that I won't be allowed off Mr Bones Wild Ride so to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Maybe you're the same as me
We see things they'll never see
You and I are gonna live forever