Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Chloe
"I'll have to plan this out then." With a belated "Thanks!", she gets to sketching, frowning at the molehill created by Gabriel's faceplant.

Cloacamazing! fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kayla

Kayla hops out of the car with her journal, lagging behind the others to make a couple quick sketches of the mound. Nothing really artistic here, just crude maps to remember how things were arranged. But then she gets to the runestone. She spends a much longer moment taking in all the detail, frowning down at her dodgy rendition of the beast.

After doing a much better job writing down a couple example runes, she notices she's caught up to Gabriel, who looks just as fascinated.

Hoping he's got some more rambling stories like the cat thing, she asks him, softly, "Do you know what any of this means?"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Gab

After a second of dazedness, he gets up. The grass mostly stopped the fall, but now his shirt and trousers are covered in mud and grass stains. Nice job there, Gab. Now all those people won't think you are a dork, not at all. Just a great showing. He starts walking towards the stone again, slower and gloomier this time, while trying to shake some of the mud off his clothes, or at least distribute it more evenly.

It's a big one, a bit taller than he is, so he needs to look upwards to see it. The colors are way too bright for them to be original - it's probably been restored at some recent point. There is a cross in the top side, and underneath it, some undescribed beasts. One looks a bit like a rabbit, his mind pipes up. Runes are inscribed in what seem to be two dragon-like creatures around the borders of the stone. Gab can't read them, but he knows what they usually say: "King Whoever, Son of Someone Else, Grandson of Another Person, fought in valiant combat against...". It's always valiant combat, he thinks. No runestone ever says "Slayed from sneezing too hard and smashing his head against a tree". Or running into a molehill.

"Do you know what any of this means?"

He's surprised to hear Kayla's voice near him, he hadn't hear her approach. She's quite the silent person, isn't she? And he's covered in mud. Just... perfect. He pushes his glasses up a bit, using the gesture to discretely wipe his face too. With any luck, she won't have noticed who are you kidding?

"Well, just what I've read here and there, you know. Those burials are for important people, I am sure the taxi driver is more or less right in that this is for a king, or at least a chieftain. I can't really read runes, but... oh, also, notice the boat-like shape? Sometimes they were actually buried within one! It was a symbol of power, you know, though this is far from the sea, so it's probably just the shape, who would carry a boat all the way to here? But it was tradition, you see, so they sometimes look like this anyway, oh, and also, the bigger the mound is, the more important the person, that's always the same, isn't it? Have you heard of the Long Man buryings up in Scotland?"

His mind slowly catches up with his tongue, and he pauses while slowly realizing where he is going. Good job, you complete, absolute dumbass. Kayla seems to be looking at him expectantly, waiting for him to finish the story.

"They are... for a big important person, that's why they are called that. Butttt the thing is, they are also a portal between worlds. A dimensional crossing"

... good job indeed.

Dork.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 23, 2022

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kayla

Kayla smiles and starts jotting a couple short notes near her drawings. Portals between worlds, she adds off to the side as a general thought. Long Man, Scotland.

"Those must be wonderful to see in person, too. Do they have more tourists around, though? Being here with just this handful of people makes it feel a lot more real, doesn't it...?"

Kayla absentmindedly reaches her hand out to the large stone right next to her. She belatedly realises she must be awfully rude as her fingertips touch it for a second, then jerk away.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
To Kayla:

Time to pick a card!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Gab

"Better not"

Is she actually taking him seriously? Huh.

"I mean, these are stones in the middle of a field, I am sure they have seen and have been done worse, but still... it's a sign of respect. It's OK, you didn't do anything wrong" he adds, hurriedly "but it's better to just watch"

His gaze rolls all over the stone again, with a sort of reverence that a believer would call religious. He's not, tho - for all his fascination with other worlds and realities, he's a bit of an agnostic in what actual gods are concerned. He notices something small near the base, and points to it.

"See those sticks down there? These are offerings. You write a name in, and leave it there, and then you gotta return later, when the wood has dried, and burn it to ashes, and that person will have a year of good luck. Or so they say. But you must not forget to come back, of course, otherwise you'll bring a curse on yourself"

He's not even sure she's interested in all that, but he's almost forgotten the fall, at least.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

WindwardAway posted:

To Kayla:

Time to pick a card!

Let's take the middle one!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

To Kayla:

For a brief moment, as your fingers brush against the ancient stone, you feel a flicker of memories that don't belong to you.

It's a strange sensation, but as you draw your hand away, a great clarity washes over you. It feels as if you've found purpose here.

You feel like you must learn more about this runestone, and the Viking who is buried here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shellception posted:

Gab

"Better not"

Is she actually taking him seriously? Huh.

"I mean, these are stones in the middle of a field, I am sure they have seen and have been done worse, but still... it's a sign of respect. It's OK, you didn't do anything wrong" he adds, hurriedly "but it's better to just watch"

Kayla

"Ah, sorry! Got a bit carried away... it feels so compelling, doesn't it?"

Kayla re-opens her journal and starts hurriedly sketching the whole stone and its markings in more detail on a fresh page. She thinks for a moment she should just take a photo to be faster, before the taxi driver hurries them along. But committing it to paper by her own hand feels like it will make more sense and stick deeper in her mind. When drawing the long serpent-like dragons, she leaves a faint scribble to represent the runes inside, then transcribes each string of runes in neat straight lines across the bottom of the page.

She glances over at Chloe, still busy with her own more artistic sketches of the whole site. Chloe had mentioned coming back here later, maybe she could tag along...

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Cass

Cass is done. She has seen graveyards before. They aren't compelling before dark.

She heads back to the waiting car and starts looking at the comments on her latest video on her phone. Basking in the praise of others.

Apparently some of her viewers know Kayla? Huh, she'll have to look into that later.

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 24, 2022

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Gab

A sudden realization hits him.

Oh crap, how long has it been? The taxi is waiting for us!

"This is all so cool, but we should probably be going, I think" he says out loud, in the general direction of Kayla. "I think the town is not that far, maybe we can come back later" Just not at night, please.

He takes a quick, furtive glance at her sketches Not bad at all! before finishing the sentence. "I'll let you finish. See you back there, ok?"

In the way back, he crosses by Chloe, who seems to also be sketching something.

"Oh, are you drawing, too? That's so cool. I can't draw a stickman myself. Do you do this for a living?"

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Chloe
"You could say that, yeah."

Critically looking over the sketch and frowning, Chloe takes one last look at the burial mound before putting her things away and heading back to the taxi.

"This is the stuff that pays the bills. Don't care much for it, but my agent eats it up. I'd rather go for those huge installations, but that's expensive and not too popular."

Also you have no idea what that grand installation project of yours is actually supposed to be about and blew the last painting breaks on weird stuff. her inner voice points out, accurate as usual. Which means that now it's back to boring stuff that sells.

gently caress inner voices.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Gab

He waits for Chloe as she picks up her stuff. Lowering his voice a bit, he asks:

"Do you do newspaper illustration work? I, uh, I am actually a journalist, and I do want to write a piece about Skogen, so I could do with some art to illustrate it too. II have a budget, just tell me your price"

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Chloe
She bites her lip trying not to laugh. "Don't you think photos would be a better fit for your article? That, er, might be more within your budget."

Rude.

Oh come on, he started it!

"What are you planning to write about?"

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Standing outside of the cab as he waits for the group to return, Anders watches as Cass heads back first and busies herself with something on her phone.

She is soon followed by Gab. The other two are scrawling and sketching hurriedly in front of the runestone.

Sliding back into the driver's seat, Anders glances at the passenger seat next to him, his coat crumpled into a messy heap on the chair. He leans over and pats it lightly, mumbling something inaudible, and stares listlessly out the window. In the distance, a flock of blackbirds search for a place to alight.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Cloacamazing! posted:

Chloe

"What are you planning to write about?"

Gab

He seems somehow dejected at the answer. Sure, he can snap some photos, in fact he did earlier, but... original sketch art is just cooler! Whatever, he mentally shrugs, can't win all. I'm sure it'll look just fine in the end.

"I want to write about the local folklore and legends. Don't tell the locals, though, I know they are awfully protective of them... so you heard nothing from me, ok?"

He leaves for the car, fishing inside his backpack for his notebook and pens. If nothing else, he has a bit to write about now!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

WindwardAway posted:

Standing outside of the cab as he waits for the group to return, Anders watches as Cass heads back first and busies herself with something on her phone.

She is soon followed by Gab. The other two are scrawling and sketching hurriedly in front of the runestone.

Sliding back into the driver's seat, Anders glances at the passenger seat next to him, his coat crumpled into a messy heap on the chair. He leans over and pats it lightly, mumbling something inaudible, and stares listlessly out the window. In the distance, a flock of blackbirds search for a place to alight.

Cass

Speaking to a coat, that's a bit odd. Does he have a kitten in there? Cass squirms in her seat to try an and get a better view, but can't see anything.

What was that, Anders? Couldn't quite hear you from back here.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Chloe
"That sounds interesting!" Chloe follows after Gabriel and gets in the car, lowering her voice so the driver doesn't hear. "So like the stuff you asked the driver about? I'm more interested in the local history, but I have heard some weird stories about the place."

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

To Cass:

"Hmm? I didn't say anything." The driver brushes off the question as the others herd into the taxi.

He's not paying much attention to them otherwise. Instead, his eyes are on the runestone, and a small frown crosses his face.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kayla

Once she finishes her faithful transcription of the runes, she feels awkward to still be standing out there and wonders how long they've been keeping the taxi waiting. Rushing back to her seat, she checks her phone reception. Being more off-grid in such a secluded place does feel peaceful, but she'd love to start googling up those runes.

wologar posted:

Samuel [second to last letter]

Kayla's letter before this was posted:

Dear Samuel,

I hope you're in better health by the time this letter reaches you. That condition sounded so frustrating! I wish I had any good advice, but somehow I don't think chicken soup would help.

At least it sounds like it can't keep you down. Are things going well at the church? My family often have similar complaints, about how hard it is to grow the congregation or find devoted members. It's hard for me to have any hope of things improving. When even I don't feel like I truly belong to the faith, someone who's grown up with their example and still trusts their good intentions, what hope do they have to significantly reach other young people?

Sometimes I feel so guilty for not helping them more, to sustain their community that's so important to them. I've always admired how much effort they put into it. Other times, I feel as though I've taken on a similar role after all, to foster connections in my own very different type of community. But then that feels a bit gauche for me to make the comparison.

In any case, your efforts have inspired me to at least find some small way to step up. I think next week I could lend Mom a hand with their Meals on Wheels day. Serving such a direct mundane need makes it so much easier to avoid getting lost in navel gazing.

Get well soon!

- Kayla

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Meanwhile, in Skogen

Samuel's beer spreads all over the table. "You said how many visitors!?"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Cloacamazing! posted:

Chloe
"That sounds interesting!" Chloe follows after Gabriel and gets in the car, lowering her voice so the driver doesn't hear. "So like the stuff you asked the driver about? I'm more interested in the local history, but I have heard some weird stories about the place."

Gab

He sneaks a glance to the driver. He seems concentrated in the road, but he already showed a keen ear earlier, and Gabriel is not looking for a repeat.

He pulls a clean random page of his notebook and quickly scribbles a response, then hands it to Chloe.

"Pretty much. Folklore, traditions, and also magic, of course. We can talk later, will be happy to hear your stories (:"

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Chloe
She scribbles something and hands it back. It's a rough sketch of a cartoon Gabriel faceplanting into the molehill, titled "Fallen Angel". Also a thumbs up.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

After a brief head count, Anders locks the doors and gets back on the road. It's only a short drive to town, and the passengers seem to be busying themselves with various forms of entertainment.

About ten minutes later, the signs of a small residential area begin to show. A quaint little house — old but colorful — greets you as they pass by a wooden sign, "Skogen" burnt into it in large, crude lettering. For some reason, the arrow on the sign points in the opposite direction. You consider asking Anders about this, but he looks focused on driving.

PART II: THE VILLAGE

"We have arrived," Anders announces as he parks the taxi in front of the house: it's the bed-and-breakfast you (hopefully) booked a room at.

"Which of you is paying?" he asks you, craning his neck as he turns around. "By cash, or by card?"

WindwardAway fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 25, 2022

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Samuel

drat idiots! What are they doing here!? After carefully cleaning up the spilled beer with his favourite personal napkin (and paying Alfrid an extra tip for the trouble), Samuel rushes out of the pub directly to the village entrance. Was that young Anders zooming past? Pah! No wonder no one told me there were people coming. Please, God, let that Kayla girl not be one of them.

wologar fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 24, 2022

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ca$$-Money

Cass pulls out her card.

I got it, you can venmo or cashapp me back everyone.

Cass taps her card and tries to remember the tipping culture for the area. She thinks it's uncommon in Scandinavian Countries. She hopes the interface will give her some clues, but if not she isn't tipping.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Samuel [letter before 'Kayla's letter before this was posted']

pre:
Dear Kayla,

I'm writing to you from an uncomfortable position. My left arm has developed a rash
that doesn't let down and makes it harder to focus on my daily duties. I wish I could
say it's from a scar I got by defending the town from a demon, but reality is ever
disappointing.

The batch of fabric I received from Gunnhildr last week was so coarse that it scratched
my left arm while carrying it home. I sensed a little itch then but paid it no mind.
Now it's as if a fiend was gnawing my flesh at times! I told Gunnhildr but she just
told me to get over it. The gall! Can you believe it? The moral here is: use satin or
silk for your dressing needs, not monk cloth.

How are things between you and your family now? Did you manage to find out how to
support their virtuous efforts to build a strong youth community? Do they support
you back? Things here don't progress much, as you know. It's tough to change the
minds of the unfaithful, especially when there's always someone at the ready to
nudge you away from enlightenment. If only Skogen wasn't so out of the way! I'm
sure that the Church could make some real progress here if they deigned to look
this way.

Anyway, the rash compels me to stop my letter. May you never suffer through such
discomfort. Not in mind, nor in body nor spirit.

Your humble friend,
               Samuel.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Chloe
Taking her bags out of the car, Chloe looks around the village, taking in the sights.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Gab

He gets down the car, backpack in tow. He didn't pack much, just his bag and a small trolley with clean clothes. Which right now he feels like he really, really needs.

He looks at the building the taxi stopped in front of. It has a B&B placard, and seems mostly well maintained. I hope so. I am sure it gets cold in here during the night.

"So... is this the inn? Should we go inside? I think I kind of want to go in, if you don't mind"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kayla

Kayla picks through her purse and glances around to see what the others are doing, when Cass pulls her card out.

Venmo? Cashapp? This could be embarassing, hopefully she'll accept - Kayla does a tiny chuckle as she catches herself wondering if "Ca$$-Money" would take cash.

"This all right?" She asks, holding up her share of the fare. "I still have US dollars too, but I'd need to figure out the exchange..."

While she's got her money out, Kayla also gives the driver a good tip. She still feels self-conscious about making him wait around so long.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Kayla

Kayla picks through her purse and glances around to see what the others are doing, when Cass pulls her card out.

Venmo? Cashapp? This could be embarassing, hopefully she'll accept - Kayla does a tiny chuckle as she catches herself wondering if "Ca$$-Money" would take cash.

"This all right?" She asks, holding up her share of the fare. "I still have US dollars too, but I'd need to figure out the exchange..."

While she's got her money out, Kayla also gives the driver a good tip. She still feels self-conscious about making him wait around so long.

Cass

I also accept BitCoin, NFTs and precious metals.

Cass pauses a beat, just a bit longer than she should, to really try and sell that she is serious to Chloe before cracking a smile.

Yeah, cash is fine, if you have Crowns, I suggest you keep them, they'll spend easier here than USD, I already got some changed at the airport.

[i]Cass slings her overstuffed backpack over her shoulder and goes to the trunk to grab her rolly suitcases too. Looking at what the others are lugging, she wonders if she overpacked or they underpacked...

She heads to the reception desk inside and makes sure her booking is in order. She did arrange it at the last minute, actually at the airport while waiting for the cab, and last minute bookings have a tendency to have issues in her experience. At least if she is the first one in, there might be something they can do to accommodate her if everything isn't to her standards. Worst comes to worst, she has her camping gear, there's gotta be a campsite or at least a stretch of woods that isn't monitored too closely for her to set up in, but a bed with a warm fire and fresh linens would be preferable./i]

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

"Have a nice stay," Anders wishes you as he steps out of the taxi to help you unload your bags.

Once the car is empty again, he climbs back in and pulls out of the lot, heading up the street into the village.

To Cass:

As you enter, the door creaks obnoxiously to announce your arrival. The "bed-and-breakfast" is, quite literally, a house. There's no reception desk in the entry hall — just a table with a bust standing next to a bouquet of flowers — but you spy an open door to your left.

"Come in, come in!" booms a warm voice.

You venture into the room to see a makeshift office, with a wooden desk facing you. Atop the desk is a lamp with a stained glass lampshade, a binder, a cash register, a landline phone, and a pair of gold-rimmed glasses. Seated behind is a round, red-faced woman with grey tendrils of hair escaping an otherwise tidy bun. She beams enthusiastically as you arrive.

"Welcome! You're the first visitor we've had all year," she greets you. "What's your name, dear?"

She flips the binder open and perches the glasses on her nose as she leafs through the pages.

WindwardAway fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 25, 2022

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Chloe
Chloe shrugs as Cass heads inside without waiting for the rest. "Might as well unpack." She digs out the printed reservation letter and walks inside. "You two coming?"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Gab

"Yeah"

He follows Chloe inside. He's in no mood to appreciate the house, instead wishing it has a good warm shower available. Or a sink, at the very least he thinks, as he catches a fast glimpse of himself in a mirror near the entrance.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

WindwardAway posted:

"Have a nice stay," Anders wishes you as he steps out of the taxi to help you unload your bags.

Once the car is empty again, he climbs back in and pulls out of the lot, heading up the street into the village.

To Cass:

As you enter, the door creaks obnoxiously to announce your arrival. The "bed-and-breakfast" is, quite literally, a house. There's no reception desk in the entry hall — just a table with a bust standing next to a bouquet of flowers — but you spy an open door to your left.

"Come in, come in!" booms a warm voice.

You venture into the room to see a makeshift office, with a wooden desk facing you. Atop the desk is a lamp with a stained glass lampshade, a binder, a cash register, a landline phone, and a pair of gold-rimmed glasses. Seated behind is a round, red-faced woman with grey tendrils of hair escaping an otherwise tidy bun. She beams enthusiastically as you arrive.

"Welcome! You're the first visitor we've had all year," she greets you. "What's your name, dear?"

She flips the binder open and perches the glasses on her nose as she leafs through the pages.

Cass

Cass goes immediately into presentation mode, big smile, bubbly voice.

First visitor! I just can't believe that, with a place as homey as this! You just need some more exposure. The booking should be under Cassandra Miller, but let's talk about what I can do for you. You see I am a travel influencer, got quite a few followers, and a couple of the right pictures and me talking about my stay here could really boost business for you.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Samuel

Samuel would never believe that the creature at the bed and breakfast's doorstep -bulging eyes, foaming mouth, disheveled hair and a pained chest grasping for air- could be himself.

"Are they here?" His trembling voice comes out like a croak.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Chloe

Chloe turns around, looking at the... rustic? ...local? who just barged in after Gabriel. "And you might be...?"

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

To Cass:

All that talk of influencing and such flies straight over the lady's head. She does seem a bit technology-deprived, after all, considering she keeps her reservations on paper instead of on a computer.

You see a nametag pinned to her chest, black letters spelling "GERTRUD" engraved into a gold plate.

"Cassandra Miller," she repeats to herself, flipping through the binder and squinting at the pages.

Cass, here's the fun part: Pick a set of runes! Options are onyx, bloodstone, carnelian (orange) or aventurine (green).

Gertrud will handle the rest of the guests and Samuel after the runecast.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

WindwardAway posted:

To Cass:

All that talk of influencing and such flies straight over the lady's head. She does seem a bit technology-deprived, after all, considering she keeps her reservations on paper instead of on a computer.

You see a nametag pinned to her chest, black letters spelling "GERTRUD" engraved into a gold plate.

"Cassandra Miller," she repeats to herself, flipping through the binder and squinting at the pages.

Cass, here's the fun part: Pick a set of runes! Options are onyx, bloodstone, carnelian (orange) or aventurine (green).

Gertrud will handle the rest of the guests and Samuel after the runecast.

Aventurine please. It sounds like the adventure we are about to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

((sorry I'm running a bit late, this should hopefully fit in just before Samuel barges in!))

Kayla

Kayla walks in last, uncharacteristically distracted by her phone. It looks like she’s getting some reception here finally! But she better hurry up and get checked in, and ask Chloe when she’s planning to head back, although going at night really didn’t sound like a good idea, maybe she could suggest sunrise instead of sunset?

Once she snaps back to the present moment, Kayla finds that Cass is keeping the owner pretty busy. She finds a small space to lean herself and her luggage against the wall, and gets fully absorbed in her Google research.

wologar posted:

Samuel [letter before 'Kayla's letter before this was posted']

Kayla’s letter even earlier before this was posted:

Dear Samuel,

Thank you so much for the little embroidered patch! It’s so lovely, I really enjoyed getting to see an example of your work. I don’t know if we get any demons in my corner of the world, but I’m sure it will help ward off something. It would look nice on my bookbag, so once I get the time to sew it on, it should always be close to me. I imagine making beautiful works like this must bring you some peace of mind as well.

My family’s church was never much for these kinds of symbols. Very pedestrian and Protestant, with the most exciting conflict being how to organise the next dinner fundraiser. Now that I’m a bit older, I can appreciate that it’s preferable to not be plagued with anxiety over how to defend your home from demons. But a child trying to stay awake through a sermon always wishes for something more dramatic.

I’ll keep it short this time, I just wanted to write you back straight away to say thanks!

- Kayla