Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

gently caress living in american dorms. aren't some of them like two people in the same room? i'd rather live in a tent.

Pretty sure two people is the standard, thus all the unwritten rules about beating off and having girls over and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm a good person

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Its me and I know me

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Lemon Trees posted:

I have a cousin that has done nothing with his life. He's 30 and still lives at home and has never had a job. Anyone else like this?

Is he single??????

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Good people don't have to go around telling everyone how good they are, William

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I was telling myself

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Strategic Tea posted:

I can accept multigen households as a good thing to have around but goddamn would I absolutely hate living in one myself (and did back when I had a garbage job). And I'm not even one of the many goons who (justifiably) hate their parents.

This. I like to think I have a good relationship with my parents but I just can’t live under the same roof for long. Too many adults in one house and inevitably people start stepping on each other’s toes.

Lemon Trees
Dec 19, 2022

Cool Cucumber
I don't think there's anything wrong with living with your parents because you're both chill and want to save on rent. I do think there's something wrong if you refuse to support yourself in any way and expect your mom to nanny your grown rear end 24/7

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Toxic Mental posted:

In Japan where my wife is from (did you live there? I feel like you might have), a huge number of people usually only really move out of their parents' homes when they get married. By the time they do when they're like late 20s or early 30s, they usually have a fat nest egg saved up and they can combine it into a down payment on a house. Crazy poo poo, right guys?!

When I was in college in my first year I distinctly remember catching poo poo from some hoe (she was legit a hoe, no bullshit, a straight up hoe rear end hoe) because I lived at home (10 minutes drive from campus) my first year instead of spending $15,000 that year to live in the dorms.

Yeah, I lived in Akita for a couple years. We talked about it another thread. There was a Pikachu sports car.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I know of someone over 40 who cannot stop getting banned on Facebook for like, clearly hosed up edgelord nonsense. At least once a month and it’s kind of hilarious at this point, even though he is super loving radicalized?

He is fighting an algorithm and losing, publicly, all the goddamn time.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

The older I get the less likely I am to call anyone a loser. Life's kind of a bitch.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sorry OP, I only surround myself with winners. :smug:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bargearse posted:

This. I like to think I have a good relationship with my parents but I just can’t live under the same roof for long. Too many adults in one house and inevitably people start stepping on each other’s toes.

It's prob easier when your family is super quiet and solitary like mine is.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
There was a time that I was going through a nasty breakup and had to move back in with my parents. I lasted 2 weeks and then found a rando on Craigslist to rent a room from. Way better for my mental health.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

kntfkr posted:

a bunch of people i grew up with are now bald and they don't have hair. fail

I got one of those fancy new head trimmers yesterday and I'm not used to using it and I got bad razor burn on the back of my neck :(

But my head is shiny

E: I saw my ex today, she looked sad. She should have treated me better 💅

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Used to have a coworker who didn't like Dark Souls, it was pretty sad

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Website has a user list pal. :crossarms:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Paul Ryan

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i didn't know him that well but when i was 15/16 there was this dude in his mid to late 20's who would hang out at all the local skate spots we did but he rode a bmx. he seemed like a loser even to us at the time.

then a few years ago i was driving through my hometown and saw him cycling his bmx down the pavement towards the skatepark. he must be in his mid 40's at least by now lmao

haha what a loser he can still do poo poo in his mid 40s without crippling back pain getting in the way

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Private Cumshoe posted:

haha what a loser he can still do poo poo in his mid 40s without crippling back pain getting in the way

YEAH BITCH Skate or Die wasn't just a video game to some of us Panic! At The Tesco

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Devils Affricate posted:

that's hosed up,

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I had a friend that just can't stay out of jail.. seemed like mostly drug/alcohol related and got caught stealing a bunch of times, but then I found out he's now in there for a while because he attacked his now ex wife in a drugged rage. We used to have some pretty cool LAN parties back in the day, oh well.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Who are the dumbasses hearing stories about fat, lazy, terminally unemployed, basement dwellers and thinking “Hey, it’s normal to live with your parents overseas so these people are all equal”

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It's also normal for people to live with their parents in God's True Nation now thanks to the economy being a complete gently caress.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Moving out? I'm this economy?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i want a hot tub

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Thanks Biden.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Devils Affricate posted:

noooo

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

Gauging a person's success based on employment is an old idea from faux American lore, and if you use this to gauge your own success ur a tool. Better to judge a person based on their contributions, imo

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
My aunt is an terminally unemployed barfly whose kids loathe her and who would have been taken into cps custody years ago if not for my mom stepping up and taking care of them.

She's 45 and can't live with her boyfriend because he lives with his grandparents, who think she's a bad influence on him.

She's about to have a fun time with her youngest about to age out of social security survivor benefits age since she hasn't worked for almost 30 years and has thoroughly pissed off everyone that even her own kids don't give a poo poo if she can't handle suddenly needing to work

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Spent way too long trying to figure out what a barf-ly was. :v:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deki posted:

My aunt is an terminally unemployed barfly whose kids loathe her and who would have been taken into cps custody years ago if not for my mom stepping up and taking care of them.

She's 45 and can't live with her boyfriend because he lives with his grandparents, who think she's a bad influence on him.

She's about to have a fun time with her youngest about to age out of social security survivor benefits age since she hasn't worked for almost 30 years and has thoroughly pissed off everyone that even her own kids don't give a poo poo if she can't handle suddenly needing to work

Lol my biological father owns a half share of Toyota, so do I. He still buys dinner when we eat out with the fam. I own a construction company and do like an hour of labor every two weeks, so maybe I should pick up a check or at least a bar tab (family are all one drink wonders so that should be achievable). I should since he’s unemployed lol. :v:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

i want a hot tub

credit card

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm not sure if my brother will ever get his poo poo together. He's 43 and lives in an apartment my parents bought for him. He volunteered for a charity shop for the past year, they offered him a position if he applied and he forgot to get the application in by the time limit. He's very overweight. He's quite smart, he's a good man, and he seems more capable than a lot of chumps out there but there's something about him where he just can't keep it together. I dunno. Maybe he still has a chance to at least do something, but he's been unemployed his entire life and my parents have enabled it but also tried really hard to help him.

Devils Affricate posted:

God at least he's not this bad, though.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My brother-in-law is 29 years old and was basically gifted his family business a few years ago. They'd been in business for almost 40 years at this point, pretty much a staple of the small community they lived in. He had his own house, he married my wife's sister, and it seemed like he was pretty much guaranteed a life on easy street.

Over the last 3 years or so he's basically destroyed all of that. He lost almost all of his savings on crypto and donations to Doug Mastriano, Dr. Oz, and Donald Trump. He turned his store into a right-wing haven, he started open-carrying while walking around and yelled at people for wearing masks in 2020. He even hosted a rally for Doug Mastriano in the store.

Since then he's driven off a massive amount of his customers; he lives in a pretty conservative area but he also lives in an area with a lot of old people and his store relied a lot on tourists. Seeing a giant "TRUMP WON" sign seems to scare off a lotta tourists, oddly enough.

My sister-in-law gave him an ultimatum a few weeks ago because he literally cannot stop posting on sites like patriot.win and the like, and all of his free time is spent getting angry about liberals. My wife and I are banned from the store for "being communists", meanwhile I've never even met Karl Marx.

He also developed sleep apnea, pre-diabetes, and extreme fatigue after a mysterious illness that he refuses to call covid (which is a hoax you shouldn't get vaccinated against according to him).

That's a real loser, to me. Dude had the chance to basically coast through life but decided to throw it all away to own the libs.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AFH your post is cheating, your BIL is a loving threads worth of poor life choices

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Reading AFH's BIL stories always brightens up my day because I could literally never be that stupid or that big of a piece of poo poo even if I went on the hardest run ever, real confidence-boosting

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I think the stories should be a warning but also a confidence booster. Dude was born on 3rd base but solely through his own anger and stupidity managed to ruin everything. The absolute biggest loser I've ever seen and he has no one to blame but himself. If my SiL finally divorces him then I'll never have to think about him again, which would be a blessing.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I lived a weird adult life. In the most recent years there was a widespread conspiracy for the state I live in and many of its residents to claim ownership over me as a person by claiming that I was mentally r-rounded off by claiming me as their adopted child. There were widespread claims that me being born and existing had damaged a lot of people’s livelihoods, even half a country away without ever meeting them or doing anything to them or their property. I guess they sort of wanted to hold me and make me their slave until all their money making computers would work again, just find the right dicks for me to suck and line them up or whatever. Turns out the vast majority of these litigious assholes are actually child abusers, and their problems in life all stem from that. Nevertheless, I was falsely imprisoned for over ten years. I could look for a rental on the internet, but there was only one option every time because of financial domination. I could call the numbers in the classifieds but the same guy would answer my call at each individual number. Where I live was never up to me during this time. Everything was presented as to make it seem that I had a choice, but when people are claiming to be my parents and funding this poo poo I really didn’t. Anyways it was known by a whole lot of people that the house I bought would suffer an ecological disaster and make the house and lot worthless, and golly if I hadn’t made everyone’s little computer work by then they were just gonna throw me to the wolves. Well it’s a big gently caress you to them now because I solved the problem myself and I make about $8000 an hour on this little disaster, nobody had a solution, nobody had a contract, I was just assumed that I would lose everything I own and become California’s public prostitute. And all those people are going to eat poo poo for the rest of their lives now while I start living mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

AFH not only do your stories crack me up but you are also a great writer with a really good style. I dunno what it is but I could listen to you talk about failchuds all day.