Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

How do I talk to my mason buddy. Mason buddy u got discord? Is that how we do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This an Ecco game so I believe we're supposed to use AIM

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
You use a Google sheet like all civilized mafia players

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey Schwin, I do have discord, but IMO lets make a google sheet or something easy to share with others when its all over. I will pm you a link.

To the rest of you?

Hello fellow kids!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm just here so I won't get fined.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Early content, answer what you want but understand it may become the basis of votes oooOOOOoOoOOOooo~~

Name two people you want to destroy early and why

Name two people you want to stay in the game for a while and why

What is your favorite way to generate pressure on someone you suspect

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Opopanax posted:

This an Ecco game so I believe we're supposed to use AIM

Just thinking about any time I had to message mills on AIM and there would be a giant warning message from the Australian Bank he worked at (and did white collar crime)

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Diqnol posted:

Bodie and Omar, IMO.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If you’re going in that direction, I’d say Wallace and Omar

Bodie was supposed to represent a reality, omar too but less so because he was deus ex machina

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Diqnol posted:

Early content, answer what you want but understand it may become the basis of votes oooOOOOoOoOOOooo~~

1a) Jump King (aka) MMM - Having an aka makes it harder for me to remember who people are.

1b) redneck nazgul (aka) TheBetrayer - Same.

2a) Anarc - In the late-game, I assume I'll need to sacrifice my teammate to the Temple Guards (whomever those are) in order to "uncover hidden treasure" and "consume the heart of an ancient warrior to grant me divine power to alter the world at my desire."

2b) Orange Octopode Opop - Easy to remember which team they're on. oooOOOOoOoOOOooo~~

3) https://xkcd.com/2752/

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Also, speaking for Anarc, I will say that we, the *checks notes* Blue Broncos *(really? that's our team? I thought it was barracudas? Silver snakes is lore-accurate, no? Broncos seems bad for exploring a temple. Getting there, maybe, but exploring, a barracuda could be a much better choice)* are ready to go, definitely have 100% already established a great outside-the-game mason-communication rhythm and are ready and willing to take on and accept all possible challenges from any and every other team.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CubicalSucrose posted:

1a) Jump King (aka) MMM - Having an aka makes it harder for me to remember who people are.

1b) redneck nazgul (aka) TheBetrayer - Same.

2a) Anarc - In the late-game, I assume I'll need to sacrifice my teammate to the Temple Guards (whomever those are) in order to "uncover hidden treasure" and "consume the heart of an ancient warrior to grant me divine power to alter the world at my desire."

2b) Orange Octopode Opop - Easy to remember which team they're on. oooOOOOoOoOOOooo~~

3) https://xkcd.com/2752/

You can just pick a name.

Or we could put it to the thread.

Should I go by Jump King or MMM (or a third, more embarrassing name?)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Diqnol posted:

U

quote:

u

quote:

##vote diqnol

how game work

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I want to eliminate Betrayer and Opop. The former is a lurky flailer, and the latter is a lurker period.

I want to keep MMM around because he’s a good town hunter and easy to spot as scum. I also want to keep my mason pal Schwin around because I randomly name my rpg game characters Studebaker and his name is reminiscent of that.

My favorite way to put pressure on people is to post at them and force a reply and, if that doesn’t work, convince enough people to vote for them such that the target is a potential LYLO target. The idea is to get them posting. If they refuse, that’s digging their own grave, too.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

shwinnebego posted:

U

u

##vote diqnol

how game work

*coughs blood* New…best friend……….why…………. (X.x)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ok folks I will be spotty for a few hours as I help a pal move out of his apartment, make content and be merry

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

its cool im sure we'll make it a few hours without you

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

According to votefinder, my mason buddy and I were introduced during his very first mafia game! :3:

zzyzx posted:

I have it on good authority that circlmaster once stole a bicycle from a kid with cancer.

CirclMastr posted:

I have not played Mafia on SA before.

Also I never stole anything from anyone with cancer, being a cancer survivor myself.

Getting off on the right foot.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

(Sorry about that.)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

zzyzx posted:

According to votefinder, my mason buddy and I were introduced during his very first mafia game! :3:

Getting off on the right foot.

drat thats pretty bad luck on that callout

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i think my mason buddy might be evil, this is gonna be awkward!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

you think that's rough? my mason buddy declared me to be his rival before the game started

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Jump King posted:

you think that's rough? my mason buddy declared me to be his rival before the game started

it was not my finest moment but I stand by it, it'll make for a great sitcom some day

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

shwinnebego posted:

How do I talk to my mason buddy. Mason buddy u got discord? Is that how we do this?

I sent jump king a message via carrier pigeon as soon as the game was announced, I'm sure it'll work out

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MockingQuantum posted:

I sent jump king a message via carrier pigeon as soon as the game was announced, I'm sure it'll work out

I knew stockpiling birdshot would pay off someday

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Diqnol posted:

My mason buddy jump king and, uh, me

quote:

My bitter rival jump king, and I don't know any of the rest of you very well so I'm gonna go with... Ecco?

quote:

staring contests

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I have yet to speak with Mason buddy (how do I set one up with you Betrayer?) but I’m fully confident in our towniness! Ignores the myriad traps and pitfalls surrounding him.

Diqnol is…. Trying to be methodical and structured on page 2, with helpful guidelines and good humor, and seems to earnestly be ready for scumhunting.

I will live and die for jokephase dammit!

## Vote Diqnol

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Jump King posted:

Hey that is a tried and true narrative arc. Also, usually the rival characters make it close to the end right? Solid plan imo.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I see Diqnol wants to test my vow of being a better person immediately. This is concerning.

I will not make a list of people. Doing so is a blasphemy in the name of Lumpen. I simultaneously trust and mistrust all of you equally, even you, mason buddy.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Rather than dividing us by old vs new, I propose we instead fight land vs. sea vs. (land & sea)

Purple Panthers + Blue Broncos + Red Raccoons
vs.
Orange Octopodes
vs.
Green Geese + Silver Snakes

Also, ##vote a third, more embarassing name at least until my proposal is accepted.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

Rather than dividing us by old vs new, I propose we instead fight land vs. sea vs. (land & sea)

Purple Panthers + Blue Broncos + Red Raccoons
vs.
Orange Octopodes
vs.
Green Geese + Silver Snakes

Also, ##vote a third, more embarassing name at least until my proposal is accepted.

oh god you're gonna make me remember who is what animal? I can barely remember which one jump and I are (the best one)

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

redneck nazgul posted:

I see Diqnol wants to test my vow of being a better person immediately. This is concerning.

I will not make a list of people. Doing so is a blasphemy in the name of Lumpen. I simultaneously trust and mistrust all of you equally, even you, mason buddy.

Tough, but fair.

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
Roleclaiming that I am the secret of the hidden temple

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm the bottom third of the silver monkey statue they always had to assemble

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I bet all the new people are scum to teach us a lesson of some sort

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Opopanax posted:

I bet all the new people are scum to teach us a lesson of some sort

what lesson would that teach?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

shwinnebego posted:

i think my mason buddy might be evil, this is gonna be awkward!

Please elaborate upon the basis of this feeling

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MockingQuantum posted:

what lesson would that teach?

That change is bad!!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

redneck nazgul posted:

I would never ask you to learn kindness just as I would never ask a dog to cure cancer

But I’m here if you want to vote me into a fine mist of shitposts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MockingQuantum posted:

My mason buddy jump king and, uh, me

My bitter rival jump king, and I don't know any of the rest of you very well so I'm gonna go with... Ecco?

staring contests

How come you’re not answering seriously? Playing it close to the vest? Why?