Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

wait has anyone said "pooeystinks" yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Smugworth posted:

What does the I stand for

in da butt

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

posting LUEshi in 2023

..................................................................... __ . __.............................
..................................................................../’`: : `\,---`.„.....................
................................................................../|,-‘`――`\(o)_ \,----,,,_...........
..................„~*――`”\,.............. _„_.............( `\(o),,_/` ― : o : : :o `-, ......
................./ : · :(“, ~;*’―――”\, (_,--``”~,......\ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : `\.....
.................| : · :,/`,-*~;~··-„,/ (‘` ``)/· ,\....,/` : : :_„„,: : : : : : :: : : : \...
................| : · / ,/`,--\ \’`c\,---„1 ‹’`--(_,/ ./ : : :,/` · · ): : :: : : : : : : : |...
.................) : ΅’` .\ (c) `― . . ·`), . ,-~`..... \ : : :| · · '”\, : : : :: : : : : ::/...
.............../` ,/_~-, .`;;`„-„,__,./, ```/....... `\: : :\ · · · · `*-.,: : : : : :,-‘ ....
...............`-/¨;--;~’ `”*-=,=-_ ,) . ,/`...........`› : `\, · · · · · · ―”~---,--`......
...„„.........__\, · ‘, · . . . `\„_,/ ,/;-;_ ............ /``| ./ · · · · · · · : · : „-“..........
.( :·`\,-~*`― · · ·`―` `~--*--~;/`~*`*--, . `1` ./ : |, . . . .---~*”`...............
. \·:··:”*~-,,„„____„„,.-~”`―`/ / · · · · · ‘\,) , / : :| · : : · ·/...........................
...`”’~-,„„„„„„,,~‘`.( · · · ,.__| | · · · ·, `\„/ ,/`: : : / · · · ·| ..........................
.........................\`”””` · · ·`’~;-,„,,_)”`_-‘ : : : / · · · · · | ..........................
......... (`*”-,„,-”――”`-;„· · · · · · , /'``,-~”`―: : :/ · · · · : |............................
.......... | : :(,;-===-„, `\,· · · ,-`| · ·/ : : : | :,/` · · · · · ·| ...........................
......... . \ : :\, · · · · \\ · `\. ·)· / · / : :\ : :`~,_ · · · · · :: | ...........................
............ \\,_`~.,_„,.-*\\, `/,/„/` ,/ : : :`’;-.„_ : ―-, · · · /,............................
..............`\,,`”| : :`-,„_„))’`"` ·,/`_„,~*’` · · ( · , ,`)·,-; `’\,......................
............. ,.¬-,--\ : : : : : : : : / · · · · · · · · · · · ·,,-“`.....’-„,-‘.....................
..............| |: :*:\ : : : : : : :_/ „____„„„„,---~*`.........................................
............./ / : : : `~-„„„„„,.;;`,,.--`............................................................
............| | : : : :|― : ,/ ― ........................................................................
.............\,\,_,„./---~`..................................................... ........................
................................................................................ .............................

somehow the sad smilies make me more nostalgic

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Mario's hat and Yoshi's rear end in a top hat are just having a moment
not feeling it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i literally thought the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' thing was a myth until today.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Hi eonwe.

Was luelinks eti also affiliated with the Gaia online people?

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I am CJayC

I sold out to gamespot and it was awesome

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I do still sometimes delve into the gamefaqs boards to find some arcane lore, but boy has just google searching reddit threads replaced what was really the rock I counted on for reliable walkthroughs and user submitted info. Oh and rpgclassics, those people are/were cool.

Nitnen
Jul 29, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

seeing this thread title made me go back and google the usernames of people i knew on gaiaonline 20 years ago who were luelinks posters

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "eti'

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Konar posted:

I am CJayC

I sold out to gamespot and it was awesome

:cheers:

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

They haven’t allowed new sign ups for like 20 years right? I can only imagine the post quality.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
eti stands for eurinary tract infection

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hi eonwe.

i don't believe so!

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I was very confused because I thought this was about the neogaf spinoff resetera, but it’s actually about the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks ‘eti’

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Pug Rodeo posted:

They haven’t allowed new sign ups for like 20 years right? I can only imagine the post quality.

Every once in a while I log in and… it bad.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

STABASS posted:

so what dead forum are they migrating to? it's us, isn't it?

Some say they’re already here op

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

holy poo poo that place was real this whole time?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Unfortunately.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti'

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

flubber nuts posted:

Never heard of it

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Prof. Crocodile posted:

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Mega64 posted:

Some weirdo poster made a weird thread with a weird rant and unironically used that phrase in it.

Is that what SA is? Just a bunch of goons repeating phrases no one remembers the original meaning of, which makes it ironically/unironically funny depending on the scenario?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's basically the internet

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Is that what SA is? Just a bunch of goons repeating phrases no one remembers the original meaning of, which makes it ironically/unironically funny depending on the scenario?

i know what the meaning of the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' is tho

gamefaqs had a message board called Life, the Universe, and Everything (board ID 42) and they'd do board invasions and they had fads (precursor to memes) and they'd post ASCII art like a house made up of words like WHY MUST YOU TURN THIS PLACE INTO A HOUSE OF LIES and then they kept ordering pizza's to the house of the administrator CJayC and being a pain in rear end

so he privated the board and then eventually Llamaguy created a place called LUElinks where you could upload pirated content and post the link ID on LUE

but the mods said you couldnt' do that so everyone migrated to LUElinks instead and then they removed the links once Megaupload went away the first time and it eventually became 'End of the Internet' or 'eti'

and now since Llamaguy is closing it, it is the Blue Websight

so really its the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' blue websight

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
dang i haven’t thought about megaupload for a while

gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also someone who posted on LUE was a LUEser

someone who posted on LL was an LLer

someone who posted on ETI was a baby yETI

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

eonwe posted:

i know what the meaning of the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' is tho

gamefaqs had a message board called Life, the Universe, and Everything (board ID 42) and they'd do board invasions and they had fads (precursor to memes) and they'd post ASCII art like a house made up of words like WHY MUST YOU TURN THIS PLACE INTO A HOUSE OF LIES and then they kept ordering pizza's to the house of the administrator CJayC and being a pain in rear end

so he privated the board and then eventually Llamaguy created a place called LUElinks where you could upload pirated content and post the link ID on LUE

but the mods said you couldnt' do that so everyone migrated to LUElinks instead and then they removed the links once Megaupload went away the first time and it eventually became 'End of the Internet' or 'eti'

and now since Llamaguy is closing it, it is the Blue Websight

so really its the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti' blue websight

The gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti'

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The username CJayC sounds familiar, were they a user here back in the day?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Is that what SA is? Just a bunch of goons repeating phrases
yes?

can't bust the krust, suck my dick you fuckman, turn your monitor on, suck the poo poo straight out of my rear end in a top hat, gas thread ban op, tuggin, please don't sing dragula, dad gay so what?, im permabanned poster n*****stomper58, EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cubone posted:

yes?

can't bust the krust, suck my dick you fuckman, turn your monitor on, suck the poo poo straight out of my rear end in a top hat, gas thread ban op, tuggin, please don't sing dragula, dad gay so what?, im permabanned poster n*****stomper58, EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM

nice meltdown, get his rear end, sir this is a wendy's

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Cubone posted:

nice meltdown, get his rear end, sir this is a wendy's

you have my five golden manbabies, goon sir

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Why you throw chip? But did you get head? You're no hakan. Timeline.jpeg

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Kinda weird how the site managed to keep going for so long desite the links part of luelinks being offline for like 16 years now or something.

'eti'

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

I posted on the gamefaqs Maple Story forum when I was 13

For some stupid reason I tried to play Maplestory again a couple weeks ago. I spent 10 minutes in an unskippable cutscene that was identical to the cutscene that ran the last time that event happened, and as soon as I finally got to actually play the servers went down for emergency maintenance. Then a couple days later I went to play again but there was another maintenance and finally my sanity returned to me and I uninstalled

This has nothing to do with gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti', I just wanted to talk about Maplestory, another relic of old times that somehow hasn't died

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted: