Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sunset in an hour but DJ still has 5 holes left :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
lol. Tom Kim managed to get covered in mud nearly up to his waist somehow. ESPN coverage follows him for the next few minutes trying to get cleaned up in the water while 'Closing Time' by Semisonic plays in the background.

Someone is producing the hell out of this segment.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I don’t think DJ hit a single fairway in the 6 holes I’ve been watching him. He’s not missing by a ton, I wonder if his aging eyes and darkness were affecting his start lines.

Pulled his approach shot in 18, looks like an impossible up and down.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Round 1 may not be over for all the players but it is for our pool picks

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Josh Lyman posted:

Round 1 may not be over for all the players but it is for our pool picks

If Hatton can shoot 7 over, then surely his next round will be 7 under

Right?

moose47
Oct 11, 2006

The SituAsian posted:

If Hatton can shoot 7 over, then surely his next round will be 7 under

Right?

I've got Im at 10 over so I certainly hope that's how it works.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Disaster on par 3 3rd

Hatton one hops his tee shot over the green and says "loving poo poo hole"

DJ shanks his tee shot to an impossible position and almost sends his pitch off the false front

Xander chunks his bunker shots and leaves it in the bunker

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I like the PGA club pro who was somehow T2 and then stone cold shanked a 9 iron off of a tee?? I don’t really understand how but he doubled the hole.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Hatton one hops his tee shot over the green and says "loving poo poo hole"

They haven't been as fast on the mute buttons this weekend as they are regularly lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Spitfires posted:

They haven't been as fast on the mute buttons this weekend as they are regularly lol
I can’t speak for the broadcast since I’ve mostly been watching featured groups on ESPN+

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Man i always want to pick bradley in these pools because he always hangs around but hes just so unlikable to me that i just cant bring myself to do it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Where exactly can I watch the coverage right now?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ESPN+, TV coverage starts on ESPN in 4 minutes.

nerox
May 20, 2001
ESPN the rest of today.
Saturday and Sunday are ESPN+ from 8am to 10am, ESPN from 10am to 1pm, then CBS.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Scheffler and Hovland are in featured groups on ESPN+ as well if you want to follow their whole rounds

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Anyone else "working" today while watching the coverage?

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
I've given up selling that I'm actually working; making the mini-player only take up a quarter of one screen. It's now occupying a full screen and I'm in full potato mode.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rough day for Shrapnig with Cam Young getting that penalty.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

My work recently told those of us made fully remote during COVID we had to come back in two days a week starting next week or find a different job, so yeah my days at home are probably going to include more things like full second screen major livestreams

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Anno posted:

My work recently told those of us made fully remote during COVID we had to come back in two days a week starting next week or find a different job, so yeah my days at home are probably going to include more things like full second screen major livestreams

I feel you man - I had to do that two months ago.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

My company is consolidating to 7 dedicated centers in the US and the closest one to me is 6 hours so looks like I’m gonna be looking for work soon. RIP watching the majors for me too.

Been fully virtual for 6 years.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Spitfires posted:

Yeah, ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/RyNoonan/status/1659667499292475393?s=20

And Rory just screamed at himself "loving pussy" after he chickened out on this drive to the short par 4.

e: https://twitter.com/livelikelefty/status/1659673343509897221?s=20

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Is Jordan’s putting routine new? I don’t remember him doing all the moving around and such a wide stance

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

mattfl posted:

Is Jordan’s putting routine new? I don’t remember him doing all the moving around and such a wide stance

Yeah it is.

Rahm with another f bomb on the broadcast after pulling a drive way left because of the rain.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
The hot mics have been a reliable source of high quality entertainment.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Bryson 189 ballspeed with a 3W, my god. Also hitting that 6 iron into the long par three when pretty much everyone else was hitting hybrids or 3-4i.

Major Brooks finally showed up too it looks like.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

been watching a bit of the Japanese coverage, which is taking the ESPN feed but tweaking the graphics for Japanese players to show their names in the native language. I think the commentators here have just steamrolled over any of the hot mic stuff though, unfortunately.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

2nd round update. Everyone who made the cut is still in it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kirios posted:

Rough day for Shrapnig with Cam Young getting that penalty.

At least it wasn’t the sole reason he missed the cut.

Highlight of the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awoVFBPp_3w

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

That 2:30pm tee time 👀

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Shrapnig posted:

At least it wasn’t the sole reason he missed the cut.

Highlight of the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awoVFBPp_3w

Great summary of golf as a whole.

Get in there Colin. Get er done for me baby; daddy needs a mini driver.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Best story of the day

https://twitter.com/bluesuedeq/status/1659744824637939713?s=46

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 20, 2023

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Suprfli6 posted:

Bryson 189 ballspeed with a 3W, my god. Also hitting that 6 iron into the long par three when pretty much everyone else was hitting hybrids or 3-4i.

Major Brooks finally showed up too it looks like.

As a reminder, his 3w is a 11.5 mini driver. Silly fast still.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Kameh posted:

As a reminder, his 3w is a 11.5 mini driver. Silly fast still.

Ah I didn’t know that’s what he was using but yeah still impressive. Seemed like most of the other big hitters were around 178-183 with their 3 woods which is also way up there, Bryson was just on another level.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
This course is just straight ruining folks. Finau with an opening double. Yowza.

And Mickelson turned a 3 inch putt into a double. Lol

This looks like a bunch of us out there playing. Can't get shots out of a bunker. Hitting an iron 3 feet cuz you chunked a puddle instead. Just absolutely rekt

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 20, 2023

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Looks wet and miserable as all hell out there :twisted:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Rahm power sliced it over an OB fence

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Haha that Lee Hodges putt.

.... Waaaaaait for it.....
............Waaaaaaait for it.....

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders
Watching Shambo's short irons makes me so uncomfortable. It's like when you golf with someone who rarely plays, and you want to give them a little pitching tip, but hold your tongue, then they do their weird swing and put it close. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat
The booing