Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1659924593740578824

I post about TN Republicans a lot in the Trump thread but it's germane to this thread too and if anyone is unfamiliar, TN is making a strong bid to unseat either FL or TX as one of the worst two states in the Union

this state has more pending anti-trans bills than any other state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Wheeee posted:

trump seems tired these days, very low energy, sad!

still more than desantis somehow

dude is only like 45 lmao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Private Cumshoe posted:

still more than desantis somehow

dude is only like 45 lmao

his career was dead the moment he got caught on camera walking around dejectedly while biden had his arm around that guy's wife

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I think when Trump's ready to deliver the death blow to DeSantis' campaign, he's going to switch to calling him Rhonda Santis and play up DeSantis' effeminacy

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I will tell u this: trump will never die. I will toxx to this effect, that Donald John trump is never going to pass from this mortal coil

Quoting for posterities sake, so our children can be free of weird horny posting.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
Why the gently caress would a child see my posts in this place, at this time of year, how

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Children should not read the forums IMO there's a lot of :goatsecx:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Azathoth posted:

his career was dead the moment he got caught on camera walking around dejectedly while biden had his arm around that guy's wife

the pudding story was the nail in the coffin

anyway it looks like unlike the other weirdos who flame out after losing doug maistrano is gonna hang around like a ghost on the pa gop for a while. as long as biden is in office the old money republicans will probably be really quiet (since they doing want jill to not invite them to their parties in delaware)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Why the gently caress would a child see my posts in this place, at this time of year, how

Today's children are tomorrow's posters.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I wouldn't write the end of Desanctis' career yet sadly. Republicans like him. There just isn't anyone they like more than Trump.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Weka posted:

Don't be silly, Trump will effortlessly make anyone in the GOP who challenges him look like a colossal idiot.

Want to see Chris Christie take him on

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
does don jr still make those videos where he looks like he's crying

those were fun

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

I wouldn't write the end of Desanctis' career yet sadly. Republicans like him. There just isn't anyone they like more than Trump.

he took his shot too early, I think he gambled that Trump wouldn't run again (lol)

the longer he stays in the race, the more he hurts himself

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ELTON JOHN posted:

does don jr still make those videos where he looks like he's crying

those were fun

yes

I know because Pooky posts them in the Trump thread

I'll try to get Pooky to crosspost here because posting republican rage tweets is his schtick

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Filthy Hans posted:

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1659924593740578824

I post about TN Republicans a lot in the Trump thread but it's germane to this thread too and if anyone is unfamiliar, TN is making a strong bid to unseat either FL or TX as one of the worst two states in the Union

this state has more pending anti-trans bills than any other state

Unfortunately Texas will never get to be worst state in the union bc they have an actual economy

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Filthy Hans posted:

he took his shot too early, I think he gambled that Trump wouldn't run again (lol)

He's got a shelf life because he's term limited and there isn't a Dem senator to knock over in Florida like there was for Rick Scott.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Wheeee posted:

trump seems tired these days, very low energy, sad!

The only thing that could beat Trump is 2016 Trump

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

He's got a shelf life because he's term limited and there isn't a Dem senator to knock over in Florida like there was for Rick Scott.

hmm, that's a pickle

he's only 45 years old but where can he go to keep up his profile until 2028

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Filthy Hans posted:

hmm, that's a pickle

he's only 45 years old but where can he go to keep up his profile until 2028

Yeah, that's why he's in a tight spot. And the GOP is also in a tight spot because while Trump's wildly popular with the base, he doesn't look nearly as good nationally.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Filthy Hans posted:

the funniest possible outcome would be for Trump to somehow blow getting the nomination and then run against DeSantis as a 3rd party candidate out of sheer spite

Weka
May 5, 2019

Biden dies. DeSantis vs Clinton. Trump wins.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

desantis just doesn't have the "it" factor. he doesn't have the star power. he's just a wormy guy that does fine in swamp country but he's a mere shadow of a shadow of someone like trump.

some chuds i know are a little reluctant about trump now-a-days but they can easily be whipped back into line and they all used to love him. people love getting back together to live the dream. he was so big, golden and beautiful and made so many good tweets and owned the libs harder than anyone. idk if any republican alive can top stopping hilary clinton from becoming president

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

As horrific as the Trump presidency was for the country, and as destructive as it was for my brain

imagining a Desantis/Huckabee presidency and the policies they could (and would) apply at a national level just shatters me

which is to say nothing of the national abortion ban Trump himself has already promised should he make it to a second term
it doesn't seem like there's an off-ramp back to the "idealistic" third-way-ism of the Obama-era

Its ok, we will elect Biden and the Dems will support a national abortion ban, which will make it easier for us all to swallow!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1660326573457940482?s=20

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

ReTruths lmao

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

headshot

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Trump is at 60% in the primary polls and DeSantis is under 20%. Why are they even having a primary when one guy's already won?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It's His Turn

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Not that I think it'll happen here, but jeb(!) had the 2016 campaign locked up early. So you never know what happens when actual debates and poo poo start happening. Of course, that was jeb(!) and this is trump, who even at his lowest of energies is still a loving nuclear power plant of energy compare to jeb(!).

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

jeb! never really seemed like he wanted to be there to begin with. i dont know if hw bullied him into it or something, but he had massive "why am i doing this" vibes the whole run

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/RonDeSantis/status/1661491799393964034

i hope there are debates just so trump can demolish this guy

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
us politics is garbage but every one in a while a campaign ad owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqO3-erBEG4

god its a pain in the rear end trying to find the original of this anywhere

Cuttlefush has issued a correction as of 23:28 on May 24, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the great american cuckback

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

jeb! never really seemed like he wanted to be there to begin with. i dont know if hw bullied him into it or something, but he had massive "why am i doing this" vibes the whole run

All politicians are narcissists to some degree, it's not possible to get to a national stage without having a narcissistic streak, but Jeb! had it less than most. It's that almost messianic belief that they'll win somehow that lets them get up on stage when they're polling at 4% and talk about how strong their campaign is and how they're building a grassroots movement. When the politician doesn't believe their bullshit, people can tell and Jeb! never could bring himself to believe his bullshit. Now, to be clear, I'm not saying he's a good person, he's not. He's a massive piece of poo poo for a variety of reasons, so please don't take that as me admiring him or something. He just isn't a superhumanly self confident person and when he got up on stage with a dozen superhumanly self confident people, we couldn't help but notice that.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
the great american loopback

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

jeb didn't have to try or even personally invest since just like everything else in his life the presidency was going to be handed to him because he was a bush

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Azathoth posted:

All politicians are narcissists to some degree, it's not possible to get to a national stage without having a narcissistic streak, but Jeb! had it less than most. It's that almost messianic belief that they'll win somehow that lets them get up on stage when they're polling at 4% and talk about how strong their campaign is and how they're building a grassroots movement. When the politician doesn't believe their bullshit, people can tell and Jeb! never could bring himself to believe his bullshit. Now, to be clear, I'm not saying he's a good person, he's not. He's a massive piece of poo poo for a variety of reasons, so please don't take that as me admiring him or something. He just isn't a superhumanly self confident person and when he got up on stage with a dozen superhumanly self confident people, we couldn't help but notice that.

I'm remembering the time he was answering people's questions at like 11pm about sports via email lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

God the JEB! campaign owned so loving much and I hope we get something like it again.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

God the JEB! campaign owned so loving much and I hope we get something like it again.

fine, ill do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

biceps crimes posted:

i cant wait to watch trump own desantis