Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Are these refs literally blind? How did they call that short of the 1st down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

This Kansas qb is terrible

Erk
Jun 7, 2005
Refs in Lawrence tonight trying to set a record for wasting time on reviews to still get the call wrong.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Why did that idiot just run out of bounds?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
LASSITER AGAIN

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

That's a pick

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Illinois might have lost the game, but their coach won the award for "most punchable face"

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Why are you calling time out? Just let it end, bro :psyduck:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Illinois was back for a split second two years ago and then sucked again

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Earlier this week, I was telling someone that Illinois was a fringe top 25 team.

This opinion may require a reassessment at this time.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Illinois QB had a 72 yd run but finished the game with 70 rushing yards

lol

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

lol

the college rushing stat for QBs is really loving dumb

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Go an Iowa State Cyclone. gently caress an Iowa Hawkeye. God Bless.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

UVA fans are already parking in my neighborhood before 8am for the noon game. I think there's going to be a pretty big turnout for the game until attendance gradually drops off as UVA underperforms.

This is the first UVA game since mid-November when three players were killed.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

lol

He showed grit getting up after being drilled the first few times.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Excited to watch the highlights of Florida underperforming against McNeese State.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've tuned in to GameDay early enough to hear this weekly customized "Coming to Your City" song before. It is truly awful.

Edit: lol Lee Corso picked us for the playoffs we're back baby! Also this is elder abuse obviously this old man is losing it

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 9, 2023

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

PostNouveau posted:

I don't think I've tuned in to GameDay early enough to hear this weekly customized "Coming to Your City" song before. It is truly awful.

Cacophonous morning zoo bullshit. A mockery of its former self.

im also watching right now

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Cacophonous morning zoo bullshit. A mockery of its former self.

im also watching right now

Yeah I don't watch too often but I figure they're gonna talk a lot of Texas today. I do not like this high-energy buffoon dude who everyone was complaining about in his first year last year.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Edit: lol Lee Corso picked us for the playoffs we're back baby! Also this is elder abuse obviously this old man is losing it

They are still using that song?! It was released EIGHTEEN years ago!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

They are still using that song?! It was released EIGHTEEN years ago!

It's like a modernized version with Darius Rucker, Lainey Wilson and The Cadillac Three playing it and it has new lyrics every week based on the games, and it sucks so loving bad. Apparently this is a new thing this year.

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1697963686969626669

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah I don't watch too often but I figure they're gonna talk a lot of Texas today. I do not like this high-energy buffoon dude who everyone was complaining about in his first year last year.

I think it was the GDT thread where folks were complaining about Mullen being on whatever broadcast (ESPN I think) and he was like personable and breaking down film competently and I was just crying and screaming THIS IS WHAT WE ALL WANT WHATS THE MATTER WITH YALL.

The alternatives are almost always human interest stories, out of touch (or neuro compromised) boomers, or clowns like McAfee.

Just talk football, godDAMN.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Well either we show we can put on an impressive performance against Bama in a night game in Tuscaloosa and have an actual reason to be optimistic looking ahead, or everyone will finally quit acting like this Texas team is really good just because we have a number of guys who returned from last year’s team… that was not very good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

It's like a modernized version with Darius Rucker, Lainey Wilson and The Cadillac Three playing it and it has new lyrics every week based on the games, and it sucks so loving bad. Apparently this is a new thing this year.

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1697963686969626669

Holy gently caress this is awful.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I think Bama is probably worse than they were last year and you guys were competitive. Obviously it could shake out differently on the road in Tuscaloosa, but if Bama doesn’t break Ewers again I think y’all could win it for sure.

Although I think Richard Johnson said he hopes Bama just lines up double tight and manballs y’all to death and I also think that would be funny.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i don't trust Texas to be able to move the ball consistently without Bijan, and don't trust Ewers to be able to create big gains when his accuracy dies outside of 20 yards

otoh, hook em gently caress the tide

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

G-Hawk posted:

i don't trust Texas to be able to move the ball consistently without Bijan, and don't trust Ewers to be able to create big gains when his accuracy dies outside of 20 yards

otoh, hook em gently caress the tide

He'll probably be running for his life all day too because loving Rice was pushing our O-line around

Although he didn't look bad running. Losing weight seems to have done him a lot of good on his feet.

Entirely possible this is another 5-7 team, and Bijan alone was worth 3 wins last year.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 9, 2023

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kind of a Let Them Fight situation for me but Texas winning then dropping some other game later would be the funniest so I’ll root for that.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

Go an Iowa State Cyclone. gently caress an Iowa Hawkeye. God Bless.

It’s true

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm sad that GameDay is bad now. I don't think they've talked football in any real way for 45 minutes.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

He'll probably be running for his life all day too because loving Rice was pushing our O-line around

Although he didn't look bad running. Losing weight seems to have done him a lot of good on his feet.

Entirely possible this is another 5-7 team, and Bijan alone was worth 3 wins last year.

He’ll always be ole Seven Win Steve in my eyes until he shows me something to make me think otherwise. Also for gently caress’s sake if anyone actually loved or cared about this man they would sit him down and stage an intervention about this hair situation.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

PostNouveau posted:

I'm sad that GameDay is bad now. I don't think they've talked football in any real way for 45 minutes.

I’m open to the possibility that my memory of gameday 20 years ago is incorrect and I’m fine with them leaning into the spectacle, but yeah can we break down some film or something?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Is is a moral victory if the Cyclones lose but hold Iowa to under 10 thereby making the road to 25 points/game average even harder?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Extended Bert Auburn chat

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Big Nick Energy lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Michael Pratt likely out today (and maybe longer?) gently caress

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Michael Pratt likely out today (and maybe longer?) gently caress

Goddammit

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Komet posted:

UVA fans are already parking in my neighborhood before 8am for the noon game. I think there's going to be a pretty big turnout for the game until attendance gradually drops off as UVA underperforms.

This is the first UVA game since mid-November when three players were killed.

We beat them last week

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

JesustheDarkLord posted:

We beat them last week

Home game I mean.

Also, why is the Game Day song making Big Ten references? Not a single Big Ten conference game is on ABC/ESPN anymore, so will Game Day even show up to a Big Ten game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Komet posted:

Home game I mean.

Also, why is the Game Day song making Big Ten references? Not a single Big Ten conference game is on ABC/ESPN anymore, so will Game Day even show up to a Big Ten game?

if michigan/ohio state is a big deal again then yeah