Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

git apologist posted:

ipv6 addresses can be adorbs, for example local services in an aws vpc are prefixed with fd00:ec2, eg dns is fd00:ec2::253 :3:

check out this nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

git apologist posted:

ipv6 addresses can be adorbs, for example local services in an aws vpc are prefixed with fd00:ec2, eg dns is fd00:ec2::253 :3:

no 420 or 69

can some1 probe thjs mf!!!!!???!??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

no 420 or 69

can some1 probe thjs mf!!!!!???!??

seconded

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

fart simpson posted:

check out this nerd

text me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

you have my acks

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
ip v1: original syn

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Buck Turgidson posted:

ip v1: original syn

:newlol:

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I broke out a separate subnet on my home network for a simple "hello world" nginx server running on a Raspberry Pi, and something about being in an IPv6 only environment causes the network interface to slowly fail while revealing nothing useful in the logs :shrug:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

the biggest fail is running nginx at home

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
burning 18 quintillion addresses for a cat picture :allears:

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Posting by policy: GNOME Network Monitor really doesn't like if it never gets a DHCP response, and will cycle the network connection indefinitely. This loving sucks when you have it plugged into a IPv6-only network with no stateful DHCP, only router advertisements. The workaround is to increase the IPv6 DHCP client timeout to infinity.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Posting by policy: GNOME Network Monitor really doesn't like if it never gets a DHCP response, and will cycle the network connection indefinitely. This loving sucks when you have it plugged into a IPv6-only network with no stateful DHCP, only router advertisements. The workaround is to increase the IPv6 DHCP client timeout to infinity.

linux on the desktop, folks

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

works fine if you set ipv4 to ignore. otherwise it will indeed keep trying to bring up ipv4, as configured.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

outhole surfer posted:

works fine if you set ipv4 to ignore. otherwise it will indeed keep trying to bring up ipv4, as configured.

I disabled ipv4 before plugging it into the 6 only network, and it still cycled.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I still can't make it work because the router keeps eating the variable upon which my prefix change detection script relies :qq:

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

weird. maybe clatd somehow keeps mine from flapping, but i'm ipv6 only at home and it all just works.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i have to give a talk to a bunch of nerds on ipv6 in like a month

the thesis of my talk is like ‘there’s no real compelling reason to move to ipv6, don’t bother if you can avoid it’. thanks

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

depends on the setting. internal network, then of course it doesn't matter, but anything actually touching the internet should have it enabled.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

git apologist posted:

i have to give a talk to a bunch of nerds on ipv6 in like a month

the thesis of my talk is like ‘there’s no real compelling reason to move to ipv6, don’t bother if you can avoid it’. thanks

lol no

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

know what i love? cgnat

let’s keep loving this chicken forever folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i simply pay $10 a month to my isp to have a static ip and hence avoid cgnat (cos that’s just how it works with them)