Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Did this game get any better yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I mean it isn’t bad it just isn’t $60 good.

If it was $20 at best, or f2p like World of Warships it would be fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It is getting better and the devs are responsive to players on Discord and Reddit. There’s still around 10 months of updates planned, but I worry about UBISoft abandoning the game after that.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Same. It has the bones, no pun intended, to be a good game. I am hoping for another No Man’s Sky Story but I like to dream.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
lol dead game on this forums anyway

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yeah, I'm getting to the end of it I think, everything is unlocked, all the best stuff, nothing else to spend my Po8 on. The endgame is very shallow once you get a hold of it. Just a constant stream of sailing around picking up Po8, raiding convoys and turning helm materials into resources to sell to the faction leaders so you can continue funding your Po8 factories, ad infinitum.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
That’s the trouble. There’s nothing to do at the end when the Po8 is established, but sail in the same optimized pattern over and over with little to no challenge.

It seems the way things move, it’ll be a long time if/when they flesh out the endgame. I’d love to come back around after that time, but if there’s also to be a battle pass with a time limit that I know I won’t complete because I’m bored, then that’s the nail in the coffin for me. Missable content is wack, why can’t this game be more like Chivalry 2 or Helldivers 2 and have battle passes with no time limit? Shaking my drat head.

The sailing was fun but not fun enough to not get old, I can only listen to podcasts for so long.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
The game won’t be realized until you can have some sort of 3rd person fighting mechanic or boarding or something.

Raiding should be an instanced fight, timed dungeon crawl style with a macguffin you are trying to capture, 3rd person combat thing at least similar to what you said or maybe like For Honor. It doesn’t even have to have PvP

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

dialhforhero posted:

The game won’t be realized until you can have some sort of 3rd person fighting mechanic or boarding or something.

Raiding should be an instanced fight, timed dungeon crawl style with a macguffin you are trying to capture, 3rd person combat thing at least similar to what you said or maybe like For Honor. It doesn’t even have to have PvP

Too bad Ubisoft didn't have a kind of template to work from, a game they could look to and think "yeah this is what we're trying to capture" to help guide them.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I picked this up since it was on sale for $20 after the sale and a coupon, it’s pretty fun, but yeah starting to get repetitive. I need some of the dang late game materials you get from raiding the forts but I inevitably get my rear end kicked when 5 level 10 ships roll in on my level 8 rear end and I just can’t dodge or brace that many shots coming at once. Is there a better way to do those? The level 7 one in Africa is fine until the point where they send the fleet. I haven’t tried others.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I think you are supposed to play with friends.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

My friends have more sense than to buy this game

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

ssb posted:

My friends have more sense than to buy this game

Unfortunately he's right, unless you're already decked out in purps everything that drops the endgame resources is kinda balanced towards a group but it also wants you to hit lvl 10 with a brig and blues first.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

OxMan posted:

Unfortunately he's right, unless you're already decked out in purps everything that drops the endgame resources is kinda balanced towards a group but it also wants you to hit lvl 10 with a brig and blues first.

Update: I tried the level 10 fort that's just south of the initial big city, and it was trivial. I think the issue with the level 7 one is that you're in a narrow channel with little maneuvering room so you can do zig zags at best, plus a slow turn when you're at either end. The one I did instead has some islands you need to look out for but otherwise you're free to do whatever and there's enough room to do circle strafing from time to time. Having that extra room made it simple and I didn't even need a repair kit. I'll be trying one of the dutch ones next and hopefully it goes about the same.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Friendly reminder:

Season 2 starts tomorrow and finally brings fleet management, which supposedly allows you to use your spare ships to auto-haul coins from your manufactories to the base. Otherwise S2 seems to be more of the same. A new ship that can lay minefields, but still only a medium and no heavy. A couple new bosses and sea monsters. Some new weapons and quests.

I haven't played the game in 2 months, but I will take a peek tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8mjbgIwj-c

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

dialhforhero posted:

I think you are supposed to play with friends.

Can you just hop on a pubbie group and leave after the event or something or are you hosed unless you've got an actual group?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

Can you just hop on a pubbie group and leave after the event or something or are you hosed unless you've got an actual group?

Yes.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Is there a particularly quick way to make silver? My manufactories are expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

ssb posted:

Is there a particularly quick way to make silver? My manufactories are expensive.

Not sure if this info is still valid. But the default way to make silver was to take smuggler contracts in your Helm hideout, haul sugar/poppy back to base, refine it (and buy the upgrades that give you more products) and sell it to one of the pirate leaders. Get some extra resources by taking the contracts to raid forts, for which you might need a group. Also the faction baddies sometimes carry small amounts of resources.