Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Tennessee gets to play Oklahoma this year! Yay, another non-conference game that will humilate UT on national TV. Mike Hamilton was awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Only games I know for sure for Clemson for 2014 so far are

UGA, Aug 30
SC State, Sept 6
Georgia State, Nov 22
South Carolina, Nov 29

In 2015 we get Notre Dame :mmmhmm:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
So it sounds like Jeremy Hill is going to return to LSU next year. Between him, McGee, and new recruit Leonard Fournette our run game is going to be disgusting.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

dude789 posted:

So it sounds like Jeremy Hill is going to return to LSU next year. Between him, McGee, and new recruit Leonard Fournette our run game is going to be disgusting.

Especially if Trai Turner and La'el Collins return.

:getin:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I want there to be several years where LSU, Auburn, and Missouri take turns winning the SEC.

Go/Geaux all the Tigers

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Texas returns a lot of talent. They actually have a defensive staff now who can take advantage of the obscene amount of talent on that side of the ball. They should be the top defense in the big 12 or second to Oklahoma. David Ash Bitch will be back. Should be fun!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

buddhanc posted:

Texas returns a lot of talent. They actually have a defensive staff now who can take advantage of the obscene amount of talent on that side of the ball. They should be the top defense in the big 12 or second to Oklahoma. David Ash Bitch will be back. Should be fun!

Gotta admit, this was a wild-rear end ride of a season that will be hard to forget. The utter humiliation at BYU, the loss of David Ash, the banishment of Diaz, the unforeseeable rise of the Greg Robinson defense, the ISU debacle, the unthinkable victory over Oklahoma with Case McCoy, limping all the way to a de facto B12 championship game beset by ICE FOG. Mack Brown aging 10 years in 4 months, the giant clusterfuck around his ouster playing out in the media, the entrance of Patterson and the announcement of Strong. Serious lows and highs. Looking forward to whatever happens next year, although I am really worried about David Ash's safety if he returns to action.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I really don't want Ash to come back. Just give it up while you can still spell your last name.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

The SEC east sucks so much that Florida could win it. Nearly everyone is in horrible flux, whether it is departing staff or players or angry injury gods. Mizzou's the prohibitive after a magic season because their back-up ended up owning hard. They also have an incredibly sorry schedule, avoiding Alabama, Auburn, and LSU, getting a JFF-less Aggie.

God drat if Mizzou can't repeat, that will be horrible.

Our offense should still be in pretty good shape, since Thompson has seen significant playing time and done well in most of it. We also don't lose very much on that side of the ball, so he has plenty of weapons.

The defense is where it will be a little weird. We have some great depth along the line, but a lot of it is unproven. We're also in a serious jam with our corners. The linebackers will probably be the unit's strength, which is funny given that they were the weakest link at the beginning of this season. I think this defense is capable of matching 2013's production, but will likely see a dip in a quality.

At any rate, we have to play @Auburn, so I assume we will do what we usually do and lose the division based on an SEC West game.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 9, 2014

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Baker Mayfield is a head case and actually has enrolled at OU for the spring. He did an interview with ESPN that came off as, "oh I should have been named the unquestioned starter, boo hoo"

Mostly I'm just posting about this in order to post up this gif:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

go3 posted:

I really don't want Ash to come back. Just give it up while you can still spell your last name.

I mean of course I'd love to see him come back and kick rear end, but I'm going to be so goddamn scared every time he takes a hit or even gets pressured, and if he does get another concussion I will think putting him back out there was a super lovely thing to do.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Apparently Clemson finished first in the nation in tackles for loss :stare:

This calls for a celebration! Group hug!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chuckie Keeton's robot knee will make you all beg for mercy

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

Apparently Clemson finished first in the nation in tackles for loss :stare:

This calls for a celebration! Group hug!

Their D-line and LBs were stupid fast getting into the backfield but in the OSU game it always seemed like they did that at the risk of leaving someone waaaay the hell open in the secondary. I didn't see many of their other games though so maybe that was more of an outlier.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
2014 SEC Schedules are up

quote:

Presbyterian College Blue Hose

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Q: Will NC State be good next year?
A: Ahahahahahahaahahah :suicide:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Presbyterian ran an amazing trick play against Wake a few years ago

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
It was a fun ride Vandy. Back to the basement for us :smithicide:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

god drat he sounds like such a loving moron.

his heisman acceptance speech really made me remember that there is likely no way he's actually doing any coursework in college.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

god drat he sounds like such a loving moron.

his heisman acceptance speech really made me remember that there is likely no way he's actually doing any coursework in college.

Guy was a 4.0 student in high school and microphones in both instances caught him after two of the most exciting moments in his life. I'm willing to give him a little slack. I'd be speaking in tongues if I just won the national championship in a game as bonkers as that one was.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

UT Martin Skyhawks are goin' down!

Also, I may road trip to Baton Rouge for the LSU game in October.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Was he? I really didn't know. I just know hearing his pregame speeches left me with a similar impression. Welp.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

One good thing about our schedule: no back-to-back road games, which could very well be a huge component to success. That three-game trip we went on in 2013 was brutal.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Cedric Ogbuehi is coming back for his senior season to play LT, he was projected low first round. Basically the same decision Jake Matthews made last year. A&M gonna be Left Tackle U

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

Was he? I really didn't know. I just know hearing his pregame speeches left me with a similar impression. Welp.

Yeah, dude isn't a great speaker in excited moments (granted, few of us are), and he's no Rhoades Scholar, but he's not exactly a simpering moron or anything either.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ok this is pretty damned awesome.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Just want to say that WVU beating Bama would give me near-fatal levels of delight.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

quote:

Texas A&M 2014 Schedule
Aug. 28 – at South Carolina
Sept. 20 – at SMU
Sept. 27 – vs. Arkansas (Dallas)
Oct. 4 – at Mississippi State
Oct. 11 – OLE MISS
Oct. 18 – at Alabama
Nov. 8 – at Auburn
Nov. 15 – MISSOURI
Nov. 27 – LSU
Three games TBA

I may skip on a pass this year because aside from Mizzou and LSU all the good games look away/not in College Station.

Then again I'm probably not going home for Thanksgiving so LSU might be a decent alternative (and tickets for that will cost like $200 anyway).

e2: actually, it seems like this is kind of old, here's an updated one:

quote:

2014 TEXAS A&M FOOTBALL SCHEDULE (As of Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013)

Thursday, Aug. 28 at *South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.

Saturday, Sept. 6 vs. Lamar, Kyle Field

Saturday, Sept. 13 vs. Rice, Kyle Field

Saturday, Sept. 20 at SMU, Dallas, Texas

Saturday, Sept. 27 vs. *Arkansas, Arlington, Texas

Saturday, Oct. 4 at *Mississippi State, Starkville, Miss.

Saturday, Oct. 11 vs. *Ole Miss, Kyle Field

Saturday, Oct. 18 at *Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.

Saturday, Oct. 25 OPEN

Saturday, Nov. 1 vs. Louisiana-Monroe, Kyle Field

Saturday, Nov. 8 at *Auburn, Auburn, Ala.

Saturday, Nov. 15 vs. *Missouri Kyle Field

Saturday, Nov. 22 OPEN

Thursday, Nov. 27 vs. *LSU, Kyle Field

*SEC Game

computer parts fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 9, 2014

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
Holy poo poo what a snoozer of a schedule for us. I see we're prepping for SoS to be a big factor in playoff selection with titans like FAU and Western Carolina.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

One good thing about our schedule: no back-to-back road games, which could very well be a huge component to success. That three-game trip we went on in 2013 was brutal.

What are the chances ECU makes you fuckin work for it?

I haven't really followed them in the past year or two but last I remember they weren't exactly a team you could just shrug off.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Scarf posted:

What are the chances ECU makes you fuckin work for it?

I haven't really followed them in the past year or two but last I remember they weren't exactly a team you could just shrug off.

I never want to play them again because nobody cares if you beat ECU, and everyone cares if you lose, and unfortunately they happen to have a few quality linemen and athletes and they run the spread. If you don't show up at kickoff, they're just barely good enough to pull an upset on almost anyone.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Oh sweet this is like the first time in 5 years that we don't play Oregon and Stanford back-to-back. I'm already gaining hope for next season :unsmith:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A&Ms schedule is looking pretty brutal next year.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Brutally boring, I can't believe we couldn't replace Lamar or SMU. Hyman sucks at scheduling.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

I'm pretty happy with OU's schedule. It's mostly pretty favorable for us and I think we should have a pretty high chance of making the playoffs if Trevor Knight plays even remotely close to his Sugar Bowl performance.

Biggest question marks are Texas, Baylor, and at Tech. At WVU is a huge trap game as well.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
TTU's schedule:
Aug. 30 - Central Arkansas
Sept. 6 - at UTEP
Sept. 13 - Arkansas
Sept. 20 - OPEN
Sept. 25 - at *Oklahoma State
Oct. 4 - at *Kansas State
Oct. 11 - *West Virginia
Oct. 18 - *Kansas
Oct. 25 - at *TCU
Nov. 1 - *Texas
Nov. 8 - OPEN
Nov. 15 - *Oklahoma
Nov. 22 - at *Iowa State
Nov. 29 - vs. *Baylor (Arlington, Texas)
Dec. 6 - OPEN

Byes before a trip to OSU (Thursday night game), and before hosting OU. Baylor in Arlington. Hosting Arkansas, Texas, OU, and the "home" team vs Baylor. Good year to buy season tickets.

@TCU doesn't really worry me because we tend to fill their stadium. @KSU does worry me and @OSU on a Thursday to open the Big XII is going to be a tough on. UT on Nov 1st, will be the 6th anniversary, exactly, of Crabtree's catch.

We'll be in very good shape if we can go into the UT game at 7-2.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Arizona's schedule looks not too bad, we miss Stanford, and get a favorable 5-4 split of home games in conference play. Only two non-saturday matchups.

pre:
Sat, Aug 30 VS UNLV
Sat, Sep 06 AT UTSA
Sat, Sep 13 VS Nevada
Sat, Sep 20 VS California 		
Thu, Oct 02 AT Oregon
Sat, Oct 11 VS USC
Sat, Oct 25 AT Washington State
Sat, Nov 01 AT UCLA	
Sat, Nov 08 VS Colorado
Sat, Nov 15 VS Washington
Sat, Nov 22 AT Utah