Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

quote:

Are you a goon? Tell us why......

hey.i hawe been playing ogame for 3 years. and always got tired.thats why im goon i think :D anyway i would like to join and play cause i like this game and got a lot of time for it :)

enchant

What do you guys think? New rank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Garfu posted:

What do you guys think? New rank?

Obviously he needs to send two cargos full of resources to my planet to be eligible to join.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.

Running With Spoons posted:

Edit: Oh and, I'm DrWard in galaxytool
Activated your account.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
If anyone has the resources for ships and is thinking about raiding, it's pretty practical right now even though it's so early. 2 small cargos with 3 light fighters can beat the two rockets virtually everyone has without taking any losses. If you can catch somebody who isn't online all day, it's free resources.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Well, always looking for something else to do at work instead of working. Applied for the alliance as SNSapiens.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
So apparently they hide it well, but there are referral links that give you bonuses if people sign up using it (and also gives daily bonuses to the newbie who clicked the link). We probably don't want to poo poo up this thread with referral links, but maybe if we do it subtly no one will notice.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I lost some overnight combat. I forgot to probe the guy and he had 12 RL and 2 LL, woops.

TiredDaemon
Jul 14, 2006

Xythar, Kill: Spoonsy, ##Vote: TiredDaemon

Hmm, we need more people to join this so we can appropriately zerg down pubbies.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Garfu posted:

I lost some overnight combat. I forgot to probe the guy and he had 12 RL and 2 LL, woops.

I did too- solar satellites are evidently pretty good at screening fighters.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

well farming has commenced for players who threw money at the game. got hit twice in the night by a guy who already owns more than a handful of heavy fighters, and I barely have enough for enough rockets to screen that. I have became the raiding propriety of Iceblade at rank 26, who already has 3 colonies and lives right next door to me :jerkbag:

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 21, 2014

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Stevefin posted:

well farming has commenced for players who threw money at the game. got hit twice in the night by a guy who already owns more than a handful of heavy fighters, and I barely have enough for enough rockets to screen that. I have became the raiding propriety of Iceblade at rank 26, who already has 3 colonies and lives right next door to me :jerkbag:

Diplomacy!

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Are shielded storage areas good for situations like this? Seems like they would be.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Garfu posted:

Diplomacy!

I sent a message. his response was 4 espionage attempts in a row straight after.

It appears he is not very interested in civilized communication at all :v:

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I'm wondering if it would be wise for all of use to colonize planets in the same system in a couple weeks.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Stevefin posted:

I sent a message. his response was 4 espionage attempts in a row straight after.

It appears he is not very interested in civilized communication at all :v:

He's going to be the first one I hit once my fleet is built up a little more.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Garfu posted:

He's going to be the first one I hit once my fleet is built up a little more.

I should be able to help with that too; I'll have cruisers before the end of the day.

e: Oops, no I won't. Misjudged how much deut I would need. It'll be soon, though.

Arven fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 21, 2014

Binkie
Mar 20, 2004

Robble Robble Robble
In, again, as elihoff23. I will apply for gtools soon. Until then, I need metal. 1:374:8. I just started, capacity is pretty low. A few hundred would do well. :)

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Binkie posted:

In, again, as elihoff23. I will apply for gtools soon. Until then, I need metal. 1:374:8. I just started, capacity is pretty low. A few hundred would do well. :)
I would help you out but I lost my tiny fleet in an unfortunate raiding incident earlier :(

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
Switched over to the new server.

Name there is Gripen55. Registered in galaxy tools as the same.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Galaxy tools never sent me an email and I can't re-reg. Oh well?

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

areyoucontagious posted:

Galaxy tools never sent me an email and I can't re-reg. Oh well?

Check your spam folder? That is where my email was.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Gripen5 posted:

Check your spam folder? That is where my email was.

I was going to chastise you for thinking I was dumb and hadn't already checked my spam folder, but for whatever reason I missed it before. :blush:

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

areyoucontagious posted:

I was going to chastise you for thinking I was dumb and hadn't already checked my spam folder, but for whatever reason I missed it before. :blush:

Meh. We all make silly mistakes. No reason not to double check if it costs you nothing. :)

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Should we leave the Miners alliance alone since they are so massively huge, or should we assume they're free game since they can't possibly have any sort of coordination?

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
I was on Xylanth and now I gotta start all over again? I JUST started.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Gripen5 posted:

Name there is Gripen55. Registered in galaxy tools as the same.
Accepted you on both.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Everyone is wising up and fortifying their poo poo, so raiding won't be an option until inactives start popping up.

Expeditions seem to be the way to go!

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Been getting probed ALOT but almost no attacks.

Only attack recently got completely destroyed (1HF and 5LF) and I only lost a single light laser. No idea why they though that was a good idea.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Gunktacular posted:

Been getting probed ALOT but almost no attacks.

Only attack recently got completely destroyed (1HF and 5LF) and I only lost a single light laser. No idea why they though that was a good idea.

From what I can tell, people are attacking without probing and generally not using the simulator to see if their attack will succeed before they commit. You're getting probed a lot because everybody who has a fleet (like myself) is trying to find somebody to hit without taking losses.

I had somebody attack me with a stack of 3 probes... I'm not sure if they didn't know how to use them or what.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Our good friend Iceblade is now at 40/40/40 and can spam cruisers now :jerkbag: unlucky for him I have my secret secret bunkers high up

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Stevefin posted:

Our good friend Iceblade is now at 40/40/40 and can spam cruisers now :jerkbag: unlucky for him I have my secret secret bunkers high up

Get some heavy lasers up!

I just started construction on my first cruiser and should be able to start exponential growth on them now that I have my second planet.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Arven posted:

Get some heavy lasers up!

I just started construction on my first cruiser and should be able to start exponential growth on them now that I have my second planet.

I'm too far away tech and resource wise to get heavy lazors, in the mean time. it can talk!

quote:

LOL
u have problems
Stevefin 23.04.2014 13:29:02
Dear sirs,

Do you not remember the message we sent you after you attacked our poor planet the first time asking not to attack or we would have no choice but to question your sexuality and call you mean names?

The one where your answer was a reply of at least two probes to our skies?
IceBlade 23.04.2014 13:24:43
?
Stevefin 23.04.2014 13:22:50
Dear Sirs,

You have left me no choice and such I will follow up on my threat.

You like procreating with men as the partner and you are a shitlord.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Woo, sent out my first attacks today! Probably won't be too lucrative, but there's this guy with about 20k metal and crystal with absolutely no defenses. Sounds good to me?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
So some guy at 1:196:10 has apparently made me a project of his; he's throwing a steady stream of probes at my planet and occasional attack fleets that veer off at literally the last minute when I reinforce my world against them. If anyone's in a position to set him on fire, that would be swell.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
I just got a message from a guy I'm attacking that said "really? Might as well turn that fleet around, I'll spend all my resources before you get here"

Better spend them, I guess?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I'm surprised that guy wants to mess with you Valatar, your ranks aren't too far apart.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

areyoucontagious posted:

I just got a message from a guy I'm attacking that said "really? Might as well turn that fleet around, I'll spend all my resources before you get here"

Better spend them, I guess?

Yeah I had a guy do that to me. He was sitting on a stack of 60k metal despite clearly being online, and kept threatening me more and more as it got closer. When I was about 30 mins out he dumped it all into rocket launchers so I turned around. All I can figure is that it was an alt account and he was planning to raid it on his main.

Valatar posted:

So some guy at 1:196:10 has apparently made me a project of his; he's throwing a steady stream of probes at my planet and occasional attack fleets that veer off at literally the last minute when I reinforce my world against them. If anyone's in a position to set him on fire, that would be swell.

His defenses kinda suck, but he has quite a few heavy fighters which are the counter to cruisers at this level. As long as his attacks are veering off I wouldn't worry about it- if you have so little defenses in the first place that they see it as worthwhile to attack you, that's more on you than him.

Right now fleet battles aren't worth it as the resources are lost- I'll have recyclers tomorrow, though, so that's going to change soon.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

There's quite a few inactives out there now so get raiding! Mostly just lovely ones so far but it's better than nothing and it only gets better from here.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I still play on the original server we were on just because it's 5-10 minutes of my day. Lately a few people have felt the need to send espionage probes my way. I respond immediately with a few of my own, followed by 3-4 nukes, then a fleet to take all their poo poo. So far at least one guy I treated like this has gone inactive, most likely as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Completely new to this game, it seems surprisingly fun despite having the most blatant pay to win system I've ever encountered.

So I've been doing a little raiding, and I just got my first colony going, but now I'm not sure what I should be aiming for. I could start building cruisers, get some recyclers going, or set up another colony. Each of them has pretty steep setup costs for me right now, what's the optimal goon-recommended strategy?

Also, if I send a recycler to a debris field on a defended planet will I have to fight them or can I just suck up the resources?

• Locked thread