Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

what's the next reddit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

:wink:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

THS posted:

what's the next reddit?

at some point the cesspit that is the internet has to settle and hit the lowest stable configuration. perhaps that's reddit. it'll be there till the sun goes dark

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

I like this idea. How do I upvote this?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

vote 1 enough times and it'll be considered by the mods

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
Reddits pretty cool. you can easily search content and get some cool perspectives on it. plus upvotes send the best posts to the top, which is where the one I'm writing now would go if SA had one

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
upvoting is irritating

the whole reddit format is irritating

oh hey I'm reading a conversation nested inside a conversation nested inside a conversation

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Telesphorus posted:

Reddits pretty cool. you can easily search content and get some cool perspectives on it. plus upvotes send the best posts to the top, which is where the one I'm writing now would go if SA had one

if we had a down vote for your post I would have clicked it.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
if there was a butthole button for your post i would dry finger jab it

e: why the gently caress do they nest comments like that, is there a science reason for this

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 29, 2014

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW

Waroduce posted:

reddit is loving retarded, and idk whose gunna take one for the team and read that mess of nested comments but it needs to happen

the post your favorite subforum would die then.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Edgar posted:

I had the privilege of never visiting reddit. Is it pretty bad? All I know is what whispers say it's a den of depravity full of pedophiles and bronies.

Judging by the top-voted items on Reddit, it's mainly populated by shut-ins in their 20's and 30's who are STILL butthurt over stupid poo poo that happened in high school.

"tell teacher she's wrong/ given lunchtime detention"

"kid gets suspended for having blue hair - I am literally shaking right now"

"bullied boy finally fights back against his attackers - school expels HIM, also his bullies are all given commendations by the school, also the local police show up at the kids house and shoot his dog and take a poo poo on his front lawn. The kid is now facing life imprisonment without parole."

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW

Umiapik posted:

Judging by the top-voted items on Reddit, it's mainly populated by shut-ins in their 20's and 30's who are STILL butthurt over stupid poo poo that happened in high school.

"tell teacher she's wrong/ given lunchtime detention"

"kid gets suspended for having blue hair - I am literally shaking right now"

"bullied boy finally fights back against his attackers - school expels HIM, also his bullies are all given commendations by the school, also the local police show up at the kids house and shoot his dog and take a poo poo on his front lawn. The kid is now facing life imprisonment without parole."

seems legit

edit : a nintendo wii controller was involved. you missed that part or?

Felonious Batman
Apr 23, 2014

I don't use reddit, but I figure a lot of funny things get passed around the internet, particularly with videos and pictures. If someone found a funny video or picture there and brought it here, I really couldn't care less.

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW

Felonious Batman posted:

I don't use reddit, but I figure a lot of funny things get passed around the internet, particularly with videos and pictures. If someone found a funny video or picture there and brought it here, I really couldn't care less.

ok i will make you laugh

If i don't i dunno but i will make you laugh

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pRuWkwnF4

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inj2Ch-oIX8

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

same

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
who cares?

it's not like reddit is the source of everything anyway.

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BhDbvUIYaM

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

THS posted:

what's the next reddit?

r/somethingawfulrefugees

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Edgar posted:

I had the privilege of never visiting reddit. Is it pretty bad? All I know is what whispers say it's a den of depravity full of pedophiles and bronies.
I've never visited the site outside of it occasionally being the first hit for a random google search, but I have known several friends who liked visiting the site. The general impression I get is all the mra/brony/fedora/pedophile/etc stuff is relegated to specific subforums and doesn't necessarily overlap with other forums that you're average person who found the site for a specific topic would see. I dated a girl who liked to read r/trees for example and it was pretty much the exact same thing as tcc weed threads from what I saw when reading over her shoulder. When I've joked about stuff like "to catch a redditor" to my friends who browse it they didn't even really get the reference and had no idea there were subreddits dedicated to borderline pedophilia, it's a really compartmentalized site apparently. Your average goon probably knows more about bronies and the red pill than your average redditor to be honest.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 29, 2014

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej8EaLF382c

Felonious Batman
Apr 23, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

I've never visited the site outside of it occasionally being the first hit for a random google search, but I have known several friends who liked visiting the site. The general impression I get is all the mra/brony/fedora/pedophile/etc stuff is relegated to specific subforums and doesn't necessarily overlap with other forums that you're average person who found the site for a specific topic would see. I dated a girl who liked to read r/trees for example and it was pretty much the exact same thing as tcc weed threads from what I saw when reading over her shoulder. When I've joked about stuff like "to catch a redditor" to my friends who browse it they didn't even really get the reference and had no idea there were subreddits dedicated to borderline pedophilia, it's a really compartmentalized site apparently. You're average goon probably knows more about bronies and the red pill than your average redditor to be honest.

The bronies thread here in GBS is loving hilarious anyways, if that's where all that poo poo is coming from I see no problem.

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lElf7D-An8

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I used to surf reddit a lot until the whole creepshots thing occurred and how i came to realize theyre all scumbags. the site doesn't deserve my page clicks. At the very least posting reddit memes and the use of "le" should be probatable.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reddit game subforums are p okay but other than that idgi every subforum seems like a community made geocities page because holy gently caress there's a lot of them

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I agree.

Instant probation just for saying its name. Bans for repeated offences.

Just use the same rules that have been used to eradicate the MLP poo poo.

Rapman the Cook fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 29, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mans posted:

on the one hand, it's a terrible place to have discussions or do any kind of posting.

on the other hand, hot chicks post naked pics there.
sa had homegrown but it turned out that only attracts children and basket cases

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Jiiiiiiihhhhhhaaaaaadddsss

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

quakster posted:

sa had homegrown

it did?! :cry:

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

as you would expect it was nothing spectacular

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Does awful yearbook exist still

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

what if you want to read a conversation in the order that people said things. does reddit have a way to do that

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/

http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/

http://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Parallax Scroll posted:

what if you want to read a conversation in the order that people said things. does reddit have a way to do that
no; the reddit way is essentially to turn the post with the most emptyquotes into the op. this is considered desirable because

PainBreak
Jun 9, 2001

Waroduce posted:

reddit is loving retarded, and idk whose gunna take one for the team and read that mess of nested comments but it needs to happen

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa yeaaauh. Oh god oh god I'm running woo-hoo. :airquote:

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

quakster posted:

no; the reddit way is essentially to turn the post with the most emptyquotes into the op. this is considered desirable because

Dissenting opinions are undesirable, consensus must be achieved.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

my complaint about reddit: the thing that irritates me the most when i try to use it is how when you're in some subreddit and use the search, by default it searches the entirety of reddit instead of the subreddit you're in unless you click a box that pops up

if i wanted to search the entire loving site i'd be on the main page and not in some subreddit you fuckers, thanks for reading!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

satanic sex ritual posted:

Dissenting opinions are undesirable, consensus must be achieved.
during the instrumentality we all become one. everything will return to how it was in the beginning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
posting links of any kinds? thats an auto ban, friendo

• Locked thread