Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Miltank posted:

liberals :bahgawd:

a fat colmes, a shameful colmes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
chances are they interview lowtax, realize he's crazy, has nothing to do with slenderdick, and don't air it.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:vince:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Xaris posted:

chances are they interview lowtax, realize he's crazy, has nothing to do with slenderdick, and don't air it.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

quote:

After another year of airing misinformation and embarrassing gaffes, it’s no surprise that Fox News continues to lose Americans’ trust:

January 2012 - Fox Peddles Racist “Food Stamp” Rhetoric

Echoing Newt Gingrich’s disgusting nickname for the president, several Fox personalities peddled the misinformation that Obama is giving out more “freebies” than any other administration. As Media Matters reported, that’s false. In actuality, George W. Bush oversaw the largest increase in food stamp usage. Evidently, coded racism doesn’t bode well for credibility.

February 2012 – Fox Pundit Says Military Women Should “Expect” to be Raped

Fox News pundit Liz Trotta learned that Americans aren’t too fond of victim blaming. Responding to news that women would be working closer to front lines, Trotta implied that women should “ expect” to be raped more if they want to serve this country.

March 2012 — Fox Pundit Claims “Hoodie” Killed Trayvon Martin

Geraldo Rivera started a national movement this year when he suggested that Trayvon Martin died because of what he was wearing, not the overzealous vigilantism of a George Zimmerman or outrageous “stand your ground” laws.

April 2012 — Fox Host Misinforms on the Environment

Everyone knows Fox News has an appalling record on the environment. As the Union of Concerned Scientists revealed, Fox News has misled the American public in 93 percent of their climate change coverage. And in April, host Greg Gutfeld uttered a slew of environmental falsehoods, including the claim that the world plants more trees than it cuts down.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
fox news? More like cocks loose.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Just in case the news misses this:

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
my friend used to write faux news all over the boards at our religious private school and that really pissed some people off, but hes probably a libertarian or something now so i dont think u would like him OP

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Just in case the news misses this:

What's happening here?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Lazerbeam posted:

What's happening here?

stabbed girl's dad and his lawyer with a shiteating grin for some reason

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
guy daughter stabbed so he sad, but lawyer happy for money reason

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

holy gently caress. when can i watch this

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
slenderman is also stalking them because hes real and hes coming to get them

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Putting a question mark at the end of a headline;
Makes the headline true?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

hey fox news you used the killing of one of this site's staff members in Benghazi to drum up viewership and that takes a pretty strong dedication to to evil. hats off.

p.s. soros soros soros

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tony Abbot is a riot and nobody knows about him

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Tipps posted:

Makes the headline true?

It's for when a headline is so much bullshit even they can't bear to phrase it as a statement

Also someone please post video of Lowtax interview if it is real and not a fevered imagining of my diseased mind

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Medium Cool posted:

gently caress you!

Someone has Obama Butthurt

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
gently caress YOU FOX NEWS, SPREADER OF LIES AND HATE.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

media matters debunking fox lol
:allears:

In related news: Al Sharpton calls white folk racists

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Fog Tripper posted:

but it's huffpost!!???1!!! :ohdear:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tipps posted:

Makes the headline true?

i was reading a book on fox news once and the author suggested that adding the question mark gives the illusion that the viewer comes to their own conclusion when the reporter tells them about Obamas anti christian bill? fox news is bullshit but it's calculated bullshit designed to rope idiots in

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Luvcow posted:

but it's huffpost!!???1!!! :ohdear:

huffpost quoted media matters!!???1!!! :ohdear:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Robo Reagan posted:

i was reading a book on fox news once and the author suggested that adding the question mark gives the illusion that the viewer comes to their own conclusion when the reporter tells them about Obamas anti christian bill? fox news is bullshit but it's calculated bullshit designed to rope idiots in

also

I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Fog Tripper posted:

lol what is it with you guys and al sharpton

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Monkey Fracas posted:

also

I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS

yeah, that was another one. wish i could remember the author, it was a pretty good book. he got all kinds of dirt on the guy who runs fox news and he's basically a stubborn rich old white guy who knows his way of life is on the way out but he's digging his heels in and screaming NO NO NO the entire time it's happening so he can buy another few years of the world being worse than it could be

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Haverchuck posted:

lol what is it with you guys and al sharpton
:goonsay:

:nyd: the gently caress do you mean "YOU GUYS"? :nyd:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

pls tell me you are going unironically defend fox news in this thread

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

sweet mother of gently caress

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
al sharpton can still be a biased idiot with little journalistic integrity while at the same time fox news is full of biased idiots with little journalistic integrity

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

babypolis posted:

pls tell me you are going unironically defend fox news in this thread

i am unironically suggesting that news sources that the typical sa poster gets his/her/its information from are laughably similar to fox news, but in the other direction. There exist no impartial news sources on cable that have non-political leanings one way or the other.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fog Tripper posted:

i am unironically suggesting that news sources that the typical sa poster gets his/her/its information from are laughably similar to fox news, but in the other direction. There exist no impartial news sources on cable that have non-political leanings one way or the other.

would you say the truth is in the middle

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i assumed most goons go their news from Al Jazeera or Jon Stewart

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

all cable news is bad

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

everybody knows that ppl like to read things that validate their beliefs but no other news networks actively pollutes political discourse by spreading a bunch of misinformation the way fox does

http://www.alternet.org/story/154875/the_science_of_fox_news%3A_why_its_viewers_are_the_most_misinformed?page=0%2C0

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

i assumed most goons go their news from Al Jazeera or Jon Stewart

excuse me i get all of my news from gbs

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Monkey Fracas posted:

would you say the truth is in the middle

no, not really. liberal "news" cable channels outweigh conservative. "middle" would still weigh towards liberalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

excuse me i get all of my news from gbs

• Locked thread