Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
that nigga lando lame
snakin rear end bitchmade fuckboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
george lucas hates thr F*CK out of black ppl. lando and jar jar smdh

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

Ilikedirt posted:

chewie was black and was p cool

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
sam jackson's character mace window was well written and thoughtful depiction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

there was that black palace commander guard guy on naboo who had a fetching uniform

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Ilikedirt posted:

George Lucas loves black people, he just loves them in the way where he wants to touch their hair & tries to learn Ebonics.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Nerds tell me how the empire is not like 1000 years old

if jedis were walking around forcing poo poo in living memory, and the republic was from like 10 years ago, hwo the gently caress does nobody belive in the force

why does that one dude call vader a socrerer

lol your sad devotion to that ancient religion

*in the past 5 years vader has just been hunting down and killing jedi*

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
It's pretty bullshit that Anakin Skywalker gets to go live in Jedi Heaven with ObiWan & Yoda just because killing his own son was a bridge too far for him & he couldn't do it. I mean he genocided the poo poo out of the Jedi & cut through all those kids like butter & then he's like NOOOO & kills the Emperor & then Express Train to Jedi Heaven. From a cosmic justice standpoint it's super bullshit but worse than that Anakin has murdered like a huge amount of the Jedi in Jedi Heaven, that's got to be pretty triggering for all those slain Jedi seeing him everyday.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

Trixie Hardcore posted:

It's pretty bullshit that Anakin Skywalker gets to go live in Jedi Heaven with ObiWan & Yoda just because killing his own son was a bridge too far for him & he couldn't do it. I mean he genocided the poo poo out of the Jedi & cut through all those kids like butter & then he's like NOOOO & kills the Emperor & then Express Train to Jedi Heaven. From a cosmic justice standpoint it's super bullshit but worse than that Anakin has murdered like a huge amount of the Jedi in Jedi Heaven, that's got to be pretty triggering for all those slain Jedi seeing him everyday.

jedis are basically space born-agains and thats why they are a bunch of fun-hating retards

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

if jedis were walking around forcing poo poo in living memory, and the republic was from like 10 years ago, hwo the gently caress does nobody belive in the force

why have bush's approval ratings gone up in recent years

because people are idiots with extremely short-term memories

e: star wars still sucks tho it's just that that one aspect actually makes sense

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
much like carrie fisher, the original trilogy has not aged well :smuggo:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Trixie Hardcore posted:

the movies should have ended with like anakin getting his dick cut off and him bleeding out and screaming in agony and then eveyrone he ever killed or hurt appears in ghost form and laughs at him and his tiny penis that was just cut off, and finally anakin dies and then shits all over himself and hten like

BA DUH BA DUH BA DUM DUM DUM DUM

directed by richard marquand

executive producer george lucas

etc.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

MOOBS! posted:

jedis are basically space born-agains and thats why they are a bunch of fun-hating retards

this

u think the force gives a poo poo tho? Force don't care, get mega hosed ukp and still end up on the light side in the end

ps darksyde forever
pps gently caress star wars this is dumb

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Benedick Cuckold posted:

the movies should have ended with like anakin getting his dick cut off and him bleeding out and screaming in agony and then eveyrone he ever killed or hurt appears in ghost form and laughs at him and his tiny penis that was just cut off, and finally anakin dies and then shits all over himself and hten like

BA DUH BA DUH BA DUM DUM DUM DUM

directed by richard marquand

executive producer george lucas

etc.

nah
the thing about force ghosts is that i have the feeling that the force is totally amoral. Like any crazy force master can do it and become force ghost, but basically star wars is trash garbage and should be destroied

i'm glasd the origional cuts were burned by lucas

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

nah
the thing about force ghosts is that i have the feeling that the force is totally amoral. Like any crazy force master can do it and become force ghost, but basically star wars is trash garbage and should be destroied

i'm glasd the origional cuts were burned by lucas

As far as George Lucas is concerned only good guys get to be Force Ghosts & his justification for adding Anakin to the Force Ghost party is that killing the Emperor was his redemptive arc. Jedi are good, Sith are bad, nothing in between because George Lucas has the mind of a child.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

Trixie Hardcore posted:

As far as George Lucas is concerned only good guys get to be Force Ghosts & his justification for adding Anakin to the Force Ghost party is that killing the Emperor was his redemptive arc. Jedi are good, Sith are bad, nothing in between because George Lucas has the mind of a child.

a black man in a black costume turns into a skinny dying white man after he kills the ultimate slaver

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

pretty deep

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

this laser show for children is bullshit

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

6 main movies, a couple of spin-off movies, several tv shows, dozens of video games and like a bajillion books = 4 maybe 5 hours of not-poo poo content

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

here's an idea: all of art is poo poo and bad and if you like art i got two words for ya suck it

Sure but what about film?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Trixie Hardcore posted:

lol is that seriously the reason? what a retard. before the prequels came out it was pretty goddamn obvious vader only killed the emperor because he wanted to take over the galaxy with luke. but no, apparently everyone has to be redeemed somehow in the end just because it's a kid's movie :rolleyes:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm still not sure to this day how the Emperor thought he could "turn" Luke to the Dark Side, unless he has some kind of Hypno Power or mind control, which in my head canon, he does.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

people don't believe in our lord and savior jesus christ today either

MOOBS! posted:

a black man in a black costume turns into a skinny dying white man after he kills the ultimate slaver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSm9DDxQv8E

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

redshirt posted:

I'm still not sure to this day how the Emperor thought he could "turn" Luke to the Dark Side, unless he has some kind of Hypno Power or mind control, which in my head canon, he does.

the emperor is retarded, just like his real-world counterpart, richard nixon

after he died his force ghost had an interview with dav-ID frostik, space reporter

naem
May 29, 2011

Ilikedirt posted:

Jorge Lucas married a balack people!!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Effectronica posted:

yeah jc didn't come out in like 1992 either

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

RIP CineD Star Wars thread. You burned too brightly.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
"what's clone wars sounds brutal and hosed up?"
*5 million bobafetts come out and die*

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

GET YOUR BITCH ASS OUT OF E/N AND BACK TO TFLC
you know what's dumb are nerds who base their entire identities around media they've consumed

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
*uncomfortably turn my limited edition collectable figurines around so they can't look at me*

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

"what's clone wars sounds brutal and hosed up?"
*5 million bobafetts come out and die*

"If people like Boba Fett they'll LOVE 5 million Boba Fetts!"

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I think it's funny how Lucas retconned his own poo poo with the prequels. He really just did not give two shits.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
The existence of this toy suggests otherwise, OP.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Lucas wanted :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: and didn't carehow much he had to retcon to get it. That said, I still like the original three movies. The prequels were "meh" at best, stupid without having being as fun as the originals.

The last Hobbit was terrible, though. My wife and I were watching it and we were saying, "How can they possibly make a good book this bad?" and "They dumbed down a children's book for modern audiences."

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
If you're thinking about liking a thing. don't.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Also wouldn't the death star explode with the same force of a supernova?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Burns posted:

No that's your mom. :burger:

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Effectronica posted:

'scottish guy' wtf, prowse is from the opposite end of the UK from scotland, that dumb rear end in a top hat

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

Burns posted:

Why would it? It's a manmade reactor in a "building" the size of a moon, not several million earth masses of a fusion reactor like a stars core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Falukorv posted:

Why would it? It's a manmade reactor in a "building" the size of a moon, not several million earth masses of a fusion reactor like a stars core.

its reactor had enough power to disintegrate a planet. I think it might be bigger than a supernova

• Locked thread