Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I love that Rener had no idea what really happened until he slapped it on his friend and then had it done to himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Agent Tough Juice posted:

USA USA USA

I credit soccer with this resurgence in national pride during a prelim fight no one cares about

That's implying that people care about fights outside the prelims tonight as well. The people actually at this show are comps or for some reason have a dog in the fight so I'm not shocked by some cohesion in chants.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I love that Rener had no idea what really happened until he slapped it on his friend and then had it done to himself.

This is what the MMA Sports Science segments should be

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I could only imagine if Bas was allowed to do this to the host.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2JhhzYqaB8

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Fox Sports should just go ahead and hire Rener and give him a lab coat instead of a gi

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Paging Hoctor Gracie. Paging Hoctor Gracie.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

More corners should resort to shouting Dana White-isms at their fighters between rounds.

"DON'T LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF THE JUDGES DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ULTIMATE FIGHTER ONE TIME MIKE TYSON WROTE DICK ON MY HEAD"

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Bendo's anguish is palpable

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I'm loving the one second takedown.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Solomonic posted:

Bendo's anguish is palpable

It's funny because Bendo would have given him entirely different advice. "Definitely leave it in the hands of the judges. It'll all work out."

Edit: Hahaha it almost worked out

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 29, 2014

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

It's funny because Bendo would have given him entirely different advice. "Definitely leave it in the hands of the judges. It'll all work out."

Holy poo poo it almost would've, :laffo: at 30-27 Enz

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

30-27 Andy?????

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
hahaha 30-27 enz is unreal

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

If only he'd trained with Bendo AND Leonard Garcia he would have won

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Split decisions where the loser gets a 30-27 always confuse the gently caress out of me.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Judging is really incredibly bad

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Neat fight, weird stoppage

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

vainman posted:

Judging is really incredibly bad

Refereeing might be worse.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

That fight seemed like it was going to be really fun until it was stopped way early

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He was actually out until the dude punched him.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I guess it does look kinda acceptable on the replay, but that ref was just waiting to stop the fight as soon as it started

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

The replay makes it seem less terrible.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Texas does not have a very good athletic commission, maybe

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

I guess Bedford shouldn't fall backwards like a character in Fight Night if he wants to look not unconscious.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stealth Tiger posted:

I guess it does look kinda acceptable on the replay, but that ref was just waiting to stop the fight as soon as it started

The stoppage itself wasn't awful but the way the ref handled it was terrible. It looked like he stopped it, then changed his mind and then realized he couldn't.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Not totally happy with the stoppage, but it wasn't completely horrible. Bedford fell pretty awkwardly.

Stimulus
Mar 25, 2005
Bedford was out, slammed his head on the canvas, and then didn't attempt to block the first shot on the ground

Hard to argue too much with that stoppage, even if it did look a bit goofy

Stimulus fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 29, 2014

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

The stoppage itself wasn't awful but the way the ref handled it was terrible. It looked like he stopped it, then changed his mind and then realized he couldn't.

Yeah definitely, I was also just trying to say that the ref had some happy feet going on as soon as they started swinging and I was anticipating a stoppage one way or another soon enough

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

I guess Bedford shouldn't fall backwards like a character in Fight Night if he wants to look not unconscious.

On the other hand, we've learned that mummy guard is pretty effective.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

On the other hand, we've learned that mummy guard is pretty effective.

Only if you combine that with sorcery

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Is there anything going on live right now? On fight pass I'm watching the start of the Tehuna Marquardt card, but shouldn't it start at 10? Or has already aired? And is there more than one crard today? I'm scared to look on google cause I'll get spoilers.

Stimulus
Mar 25, 2005
Prelims on FS1

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Count Roland posted:

Is there anything going on live right now? On fight pass I'm watching the start of the Tehuna Marquardt card, but shouldn't it start at 10? Or has already aired? And is there more than one crard today? I'm scared to look on google cause I'll get spoilers.

Te Huna card happened Saturday night in New Zealand IE 2 in the morning EST or so. The card is awesome and you should watch it. There is another card on right now on FS1.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Count Roland posted:

Reading the OP didn't occur to you I guess.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

More I think about it, the less annoyed I am by that stoppage. I'd still rather they jump in too soon than too late.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Dear Brazilian guy, please don't let us sit through a Colton Smith interview.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm annoyed by the stoppage but I'm more annoyed at Bedford for it than the ref. Come on man.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsIHDizPOVU

Stimulus
Mar 25, 2005
if colton smith is ko'd all is forgiven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Nice to see that Dana would prefer his fighters to carry on after being unconscious rather than stopping the fight to protect them.

• Locked thread