Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
!!!

J-7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Gonna be sending out role PMs now. A word of advice that flavour is linked to role so I would be cautious about what you reveal to others.

I'll start Day 1 when half the people have confirmed or when I get up in the morning, whichever comes first.

Have fun!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Always a bad idea to have flavour and role linked

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

bowmore posted:

depends on the game shut up and die blah blah blah

zzz

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

Too bad, so sad.

Roles sent!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Confirming that me and prop are lovers (in game)

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Confirming that I hope this one lasts longer than the last newbie friendly game I was in. Also I got my role.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Confirmed that y'all wish you were as cool as me.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Your Personal Muse posted:

:glomp:

Oh. Confirmed.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming that I still don't understand this game. :)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Confirming that I still don't understand this game. :)
you just yell at people until they start to act strange then you know who the scum are and kill them

simple

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Confirming that wind and I are lovers (not in game)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Sandwolf posted:

:gizz:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Sandwolf posted:

Listen buddy, I just wanted to make sure no one thought I slept my way to get where I got in game, ok! Geez

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Sandwolf posted:

<3

Listen buddy, I just wanted to make sure no one thought I slept my way to get where I got in game, ok! Geez

But... You did. So did I.

love u skinty baby :bigtran:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

windshipper posted:

But... You did. So did I.

love u skinty baby :bigtran:

I didn't do it to get to the top though! Skinty has that sweet kickin rad accent

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Also I suppose I should say confirmed, as well.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Confirmed that Mondays after three day weekends are very painful.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Ready to go!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Confirming that no one loves me.

Fair warning, my mom went in the hospital again last night, she looks to be released today but that means I won't be posting much until she's out. Really crap timing all around, sorry, y'all.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Confirming that I will die lonely and unloved

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

Confirming that I will die lonely and unloved

quote:

Today we had sex ed because reasons and my sex ed teacher was like “You’re all gonna have sexual intercourse one day.” and I just busted out laughing

and then he said "Because eventually you’re all gonna kiss the opposite gender" and I doN’T THINK I’VE EVER LAUGHED HARDER IN MY LIFE LIKE I WAS DYING

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

that's not a shot at ice btw just a funny virgin post from somewhere

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Hmm didn't get my PM cause my box was full, but it said that Asiina tried to send me one. I haven't gotten any PM notifications from other people trying to message me so I'm going to assume I'm town.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I didn't do it to get to the top though! Skinty has that sweet kickin rad accent

That accent which makes even "confirmed" sound like the sweetest sweet nothing you have ever heard.

See for yourself.

Confirmed

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I got my role, let's all do a mass-claim so we can win this on Day 1

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dhaes posted:

Hmm didn't get my PM cause my box was full, but it said that Asiina tried to send me one. I haven't gotten any PM notifications from other people trying to message me so I'm going to assume I'm town.
I'm betting we're all town. It's how Asiina is emulating the futility of Battleship from BYOB Survivor

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

that's not a shot at ice btw just a funny virgin post from somewhere

looks like tumblr, that's the only place I've seen people transITION TO CAPS IN THE MIDDLE OF A WORD

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

The fleet had been at sea for a little over a week. Everything had been running smoothly. Even the weather had been cooperating with them, with nothing but a few clouds to speak of. The sailors grew comfortable, falling into old rhythms, chatting about movies and food and their girlfriends back home. It wasn't until hours after sunrise before someone noticed that a ship was missing.

How could a ship have just disappeared in the night?

quote:

"Battleship? Are you kidding me?" The Lurf tribe complained.

"No, no, it'll be fun! I promise." The exasperated mod told them, not really believing it herself but trying to keep on a brave face. "Okay guys, here are your pieces to place."

"Wait, what the hell is this?" Said one of the Lurfs.

The mod hesitated. "It's a sub...it's only one square."

"This is so stupid! How are we supposed to use any sort of strategy if there's one square subs in here? Did anyone even think about this at all? Who would be stupid enough to use these rules?"

However the challenge must go on, so the Lurfs started guessing randomly to find the other tribe's ships.

"Hey look guys, you got a destroyer! Good job!" The mod cheered.

But the Lurfs realized that finding the big ships won't help at all, they needed to save those until the end. Instead they needed to find those one-square subs as fast as possible so they could actually use a strategy and they wouldn't be stuck there for 3 hours for it to all come down to luck. There's no way that could happen, right?

Poque, USS Russell (destroyer), Town-aligned Vanilla, was torpedoed N0

It is now Day 1

Asiina fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 11, 2014

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (18): bowmore, Byers2142, CapnAndy, Dhaes, Disco Spider, Fast Luck, IcePhoenix, King Burgundy, Mr. Maltose, mr.capps, Propaganda Machine, Sandwolf, Silly Burrito, Skinty McEdger, Tremendous Taste, windshipper, Wolery, Your Personal Muse

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 10th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 11 hours.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
##vote windshipper

YOU HAD THIS COMING.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In keeping with the BYOB tradition I'm pretty sure we have to ##vote Byers2142 because he's at the hospital for someone else and can't defend himself.

(did I do the voting thing right I've never done this before)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Nah I remember Battleship. I only game I remember you guys winning is Rock, Paper, Scissors which is based on luck, unlike the totally luckless game of Battleship.

One square subs are totally based on skill, poor flavor, voted 1, please Modkill tia

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Do I have to feign anger even though I was voted out centuries before it occurred?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I just realized the Korean show Crime Scene is kind of like Mafia. Discuss

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

toot toot I'm a tugboat

##vote fast luck voted for you a week ago, might as well do it again!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapnAndy posted:

##vote windshipper

YOU HAD THIS COMING.

CapnAndy confirmed good guy because he is Davos who is gets his ships blown up and not the guy blowing up ships.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

Poque, USS Russell (destroyer), Town-aligned Vanilla, was torpedoed N0

It is now Day 1

:munch: my first flavor death, I'm so flattered :blush: :munch:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hello I am a boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

One square subs are totally based on skill, poor flavor, voted 1, please Modkill tia

Skill and accumulated team sex appeal. I am saddened but not surprised by this gross mischaracterisation.

Saddened but not surprised.

• Locked thread