Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beets
Feb 19, 2013
Hi I'm the other guy hitting you.

Unlike Romeo I have nukes which are pretty much the end game of getting people really mad. I can't wait to see your next update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulpesInculta
Jul 11, 2012
Good lord, this thing is still going? I was briefly top nation in 06/07 but lets face it this game sucks.

Also there was a goon alliance - what was their eventual fate anyway?

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

VulpesInculta posted:

Good lord, this thing is still going? I was briefly top nation in 06/07 but lets face it this game sucks.

Also there was a goon alliance - what was their eventual fate anyway?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Llama I sent you a care package, note: unlike those faker goons it has maximum care... now if you collect it beets will be happy to nuke away those free pixels.

OK THIS IS KINDA IMPORTANT

I am technically still goons gov except mostly useless due to employment, however I can offer you the chance to head to our

MERCY BOARD Where you can make your case for peace(please read very carefully and make it in the proper manner.) and then do a relatively simple term to get us to stop screwing with you,as an aside you were singled out for well... LPing this terrible game while a goon.

For the peanut gallery and maybe you I think you can review previous cases which have resulted in some hilarty, and peace! this is a legit deal we are serious about it, you do it you get peace, you can even ask for more things and we might consider granting them for a BONUS CHALLENGE.

Join Goons

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 20, 2014

VulpesInculta
Jul 11, 2012

Huh, fair enough.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

ScreamingLlama posted:

OK, here's my plan, dubbed Operation Respawn:

1. Put Rangefell in peace mode ASAP. Do not leave it again until basic defences are established. I ramped up the tech level earlier so we could have top level toys right off the bat.

2. Romeo Charlie goes on the military's poo poo list. Obviously that's a given. I've surrendered for now, but once we've built up enough strength (which, barring any foreign aid, is going to take forever), bad things will happen to Rump Cheese.

3. Kick off a war that will make this LP infinitely more interesting.

Hey man, I'm right there with you. I think this is a great idea, and maybe I'll sign up to help you wreck those drat goons.

Goons ruin everything

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AtomikKrab posted:

Llama I sent you a care package, note: unlike those faker goons it has maximum care... now if you collect it beets will be happy to nuke away those free pixels.

OK THIS IS KINDA IMPORTANT

I am technically still goons gov except mostly useless due to employment, however I can offer you the chance to head to our

MERCY BOARD Where you can make your case for peace(please read very carefully and make it in the proper manner.) and then do a relatively simple term to get us to stop screwing with you,as an aside you were singled out for well... LPing this terrible game while a goon.

For the peanut gallery and maybe you I think you can review previous cases which have resulted in some hilarty, and peace! this is a legit deal we are serious about it, you do it you get peace, you can even ask for more things and we might consider granting them for a BONUS CHALLENGE.

Join Goons

1. lrn2english.

2. gently caress you and your mum too.

We will rebuild. The spirit of Rangefall is strong and persistent. We are bowed, but remain unbroken. As long as we still have a nation, Rangefall will stay the course and prevail against foreign aggression. We will not surrender on your terms, we will not be subject to your demands and we will never, ever give up control of our destiny. Either destroy us utterly while you still can, or spend your days watching and waiting as we repair, rebuild and prepare to take vengeance upon you and your allies.

Khris Kruel posted:

Hey man, I'm right there with you. I think this is a great idea, and maybe I'll sign up to help you wreck those drat goons.

Goons ruin everything

If you're serious, I'll set up an anti-GOONS goon alliance for you to join once you're set up.

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 22, 2014

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Genuinely interested here: TC, did you know that goons are running a Cosa Nostra type alliance in this game when you started this LP? Because this seems like delicious drama in the making.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
No, I hadn't a clue. But now that I know, poo poo is in the process of getting very real. You want drama? There will be lots of drama, action, adventure and possibly a teeny tiny chance of romance.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Er, OP, I think you're a nice guy and it was cool how you worked me into the narrative as a character, but you need to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em if you know what I mean. Unless your intention is to just run this LP with the game in Peace mode I don't think these guys are going to leave you alone. Or you could go through their ceasefire process, but I get the vibe from you that you're not really interested in doing that kind of thing.

Remember that you shouldn't take either LPing or this game very seriously. Sometimes the way to win is to not play at all and move on and do other things with your life. I really don't want this thread to turn into, well let's be honest, what it is already turning into. As good of a writer as you appear to be, nobody wants to read endless pages of a country pulling itself together and getting slammed down again and again.

Might be time to look for a different game to LP. Just sayin.

VVV Or that could happen and decide things for you. This thread is bizarre. For being such a decent and creative writer, OP seems to not know how to pick his fights very well.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 22, 2014

Beets
Feb 19, 2013

ScreamingLlama posted:

Either destroy us utterly while you still can, or spend your days watching and waiting as we repair, rebuild and prepare to take vengeance upon you and your allies.

I just nuked you until you have zero land and zero infrastructure left, so I guess I just did the former.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Beets posted:

I just nuked you until you have zero land and zero infrastructure left, so I guess I just did the former.

I love this LP.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

ScreamingLlama posted:

No, I hadn't a clue. But now that I know, poo poo is in the process of getting very real. You want drama? There will be lots of drama, action, adventure and possibly a teeny tiny chance of romance.
I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Beets posted:

In that case, that's all she wrote for this LP, folks.

RIP Rangefall, the little nation that could... until the goons stepped in.

• Locked thread