Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

:synpa:

beef bourguiBOOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

congrats Bo-Pepper on reaching page two with this excellent thread. Any big plans for the direction this is all going in?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

well i'm always game for talking regular talk about cooking but there is a whole forum for that

i just like posting this thread here because i post here

next i will be making (probably venison) sausages but that's some time away yet

joke_explainer

when did you make gravlax? I remember seeing something about that but I don't think I ever saw the thread.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i didn't make a whole thread about the gravlax because i didn't take any pictures when i made it

without getting too bogged down with specifics unless folks are interested, you get a mix of spices sugar and salt with a bunch of dill

generously get it all over both sides of a full filet of salmon and wrap tightly with plastic wrap

put that in the fridge for 3-4 days making sure to flip it every twelve hours or so

unwrap it, rinse it off, sprinkle with some chopped dill and hopefully you have something that looks like this (mine did)

it came out better than i could have hopes except for the thinner tail end bit which got too salty

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

oh and don't do that with some super market salmon it really should be something you know is good and fresh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther

WindmillSlayer posted:

can i come to your house and eat your food

• Locked thread