Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heard u like girls

sometimes part 3 is the first one u know

:snoop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

kings field 2 JP (Kings field 1 USA)

Pro Target

Shadow tower is an extremely hard, extremely dark and extremely bleak version of kings field and i dont think i could recommend it to anyone in good faith unless they love the other games like i do

ron color
ancient city represent

ron color
i bought shadow tower abyss for a friends birthday because he had an old ps3, but he said he could only switch the region like 4 times and he was gonna wait. hes still waiting as far as i know idk

Dubsy

this is a very niche thread but i still think its p. cool

ron color
i dont know what wet nightmare was going for but all the kings field pictures are great

cuntman.net

ron color posted:

i dont know what wet nightmare was going for but all the kings field pictures are great

maybe that was the plan all along

Koishi Komeiji

That looks like something that should be painted on the side of a van.

Kimmalah

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

these are all basically the grandaddies of Demon Souls/Dark Souls for all you nerds out there :pcgaming:

Pro Target

The connection between shadow tower abyss and the souls games is especially pronounced

ron color
from software likes to build a dungeon, and put secrets in it, and let you come and go as you please, and probably die and throw a controller because those loving poison gas plants did NOT hit me god drat it

Pro Target

The dks2 dlc that was just released was very shadow-towery and I'm hoping bloodborne is a real spiritual successor because I love inhabiting tiny cramped hallways in the pitch dark

GEExCEE

i got dark souls, because of this thread

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
im still stuck on those wall archers in anor londo in dark souls 1 :(

Kimmalah

ron color posted:

from software likes to build a dungeon, and put secrets in it, and let you come and go as you please, and probably die and throw a controller because those loving poison gas plants did NOT hit me god drat it

they were also the ones who put a giant pit full of treasure in the middle of a town, then made it seem survivable when it's really not (without things like rings and just having a lot of HP). :xd:

then after dying a bunch of times you find out later that you could have just built a ladder in it

ron color

Glass Bottom Boat posted:

yes this sucks, but you gotta sprint past and f em up

dark souls is good

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
From Software also made the Armored Core games, which are also balls hard and like to gently caress you over if your not prepared

Kimmalah

From Software also made the Armored Core games, which are also balls hard and like to gently caress you over if your not prepared

they even threw in a little reference to this in DS2 with the Pursuer (which is why he hovers and poo poo)

Pedantra

by Lowtax

Kimmalah

that's just death lurking around every corner for you in all from's games

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
they are called from software because of all the things you die from (everything)

Pedantra

by Lowtax

for real? just charge em without armor right after an arrow strikes the wall you can wait behind and go for the one on the right, all you have to do usually is get over there to kill him, usually just getting him to draw his sword will cause him to fall, and they don't respawn once theyre dead. youll usually have to soak up an arrow to the back when you get to the top and go right for the knight on the right and just hope it doesn't throw you off, but there's a good chance it wont. after getting the one on the right the one on the left is easy alone, just get up to that top ledge as quick as possible so if you are hit you have a chance of not falling off the ledge. getting him to draw his sword will usually be an eventual death sentence for him too

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
this game is dope

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Pedantra posted:

for real? just charge em without armor right after an arrow strikes the wall you can wait behind and go for the one on the right, all you have to do usually is get over there to kill him, usually just getting him to draw his sword will cause him to fall, and they don't respawn once theyre dead. youll usually have to soak up an arrow to the back when you get to the top and go right for the knight on the right and just hope it doesn't throw you off, but there's a good chance it wont. after getting the one on the right the one on the left is easy alone, just get up to that top ledge as quick as possible so if you are hit you have a chance of not falling off the ledge. getting him to draw his sword will usually be an eventual death sentence for him too

everyone keeps telling me different ways to do this and none of them work, probably because im bad at videogames :smith:

Pedantra

by Lowtax
well, if you get close enough to make them draw their sword even once it will usually cause them to fall off, if not that instant then very soon, even if you die they often wont sheath it and will eventually fall - and never respawn even if you die. the one on the right is closer and thus youre more likely to successfully get close enough without dying.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Pedantra posted:

well, if you get close enough to make them draw their sword even once it will usually cause them to fall off, if not that instant then very soon, even if you die they often wont sheath it and will eventually fall - and never respawn even if you die. the one on the right is closer and thus youre more likely to successfully get close enough without dying.

i did it! :sun:

Pro Target

Pro Target

Pro Target

Pro Target

i am he

good job. im stuck soon after that, at the smough and ornstein fight.

Pro Target

saboten

i wanna be friends with this slime

Pro Target

Pro Target

Pedantra

by Lowtax

i am he posted:

good job. im stuck soon after that, at the smough and ornstein fight.

Consume a humanity to turn human to get npc phantoms and other players to help

i am he

Pedantra posted:

Consume a humanity to turn human to get npc phantoms and other players to help

I got the priase the sun guy, but didn't have internet so i couldnt summon other players. And the sun guy was really useless. It's really easy to kill one of them, but the other would always kill me in one hit.

Pro Target

Solaire is practically useless in the O&S fight.if you absolutely have to do it solo the easiest strat I-M-O is to get smough stuck on pillars while you deal with ornstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler

• Locked thread