Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PodunkWolf
Dec 1, 2002

anyone here tried reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

PodunkWolf posted:

anyone here tried reddit

no whats reddit?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

kenny powers
Feb 19, 2011

by XyloJW
does the guy saying 'burn the witch' really sound like stewie griffin?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Nothing is worse than a nerd.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

whenever I watch beauty and the nerd/geek I don't know whether I hate the 'beauties' more than the nerds so I've decided I want to punch both sides in the face

the girls aren't usually 'beautiful' but rather incredibly shallow and stupid, and I think we all know why nerds are awful

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax
nerds should be cripplingly awkward with intensely low self esteem, so much so that anything they say should be barely audible.

Bring back high water dress pants, loafers, calculators and taped up glasses, though. Modern nerds don't even seem smart anymore tbqh

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
its so much more gratifying to make the confident ones cry imo

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

ReptileChillock posted:

nerds should be cripplingly awkward with intensely low self esteem, so much so that anything they say should be barely audible.

today it is i who fits societys norms

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ReptileChillock posted:

Bring back high water dress pants, loafers, calculators and taped up glasses, though. Modern nerds don't even seem smart anymore tbqh

high waters and loafers are both in fashion now

nerd appropriation is "epic" "win"

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I'm the oldschool skinny nerd not one of these new-wave fat nerds I dunno if that makes me more cool or less cool than average fat nerds

I guess it makes me less cool because now I don't fit in, even with nerds

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Quickscope420dad posted:

I'm the oldschool skinny nerd not one of these new-wave fat nerds I dunno if that makes me more cool or less cool than average fat nerds

I guess it makes me less cool because now I don't fit in, even with nerds

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Thanks for my new desktop wallpaper Cream_Filling

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax

Cream_Filling posted:

high waters and loafers are both in fashion now

nerd appropriation is "epic" "win"

Nerd appropriation makes no sense, and it's really confusing. Your regular people are trying to look like nerds, nerds are trying to look like regular people and everyone just looks like an idiot

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

ReptileChillock posted:

Nerd appropriation makes no sense, and it's really confusing. Your regular people are trying to look like nerds, nerds are trying to look like regular people and everyone just looks like an idiot

this is art

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

ReptileChillock posted:

i agree, standards are shockingly low. all it takes nowadays is saying 'yeeaahhh sciiieeennnnce' and wearing a stupid shirt.

all the stereotypical nerds are either gainfully employed or recognized as mentally ill by now.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

PlantRobot posted:

i agree, standards are shockingly low. all it takes nowadays is saying 'yeeaahhh sciiieeennnnce' and wearing a stupid shirt.

all the stereotypical nerds are either gainfully employed or recognized as mentally ill by now.

Cool but I misread your username as "Planned Robothood"

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

This is not the :krad: people thread, stop trying to get it gassed

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

what the gently caress is this

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Quickscope420dad posted:

Cool but I misread your username as "Planned Robothood"

mods pls change

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

play some fuckin sports and drink some fuckin beers and gently caress some fuckin fuckboys you drat nerds

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
op, how do you feel about nerdy confidants?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gagelion posted:

"hipsterface"

Wicks
May 7, 2009

Zzulu posted:

if u watch this whole video, all 10 minutes of it, you will get a prize
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDPJEPEfdTk

So why were they so excited by foam? Are they going to make something or just look at it? And if they're so excited by foam why not just go dumpster diving, $84 is a lot of money for somebody who appears to be living in a dorm. Troubling questions.

Wicks
May 7, 2009

gagelion posted:

Hipster electronics

Wicks fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 2, 2014

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

Wicks posted:

So why were they so excited by foam? Are they going to make something or just look at it? And if they're so excited by foam why not just go dumpster diving, $84 is a lot of money for somebody who appears to be living in a dorm. Troubling questions.

one of them is some sort of fursuit master craftsman

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

literally making me angry

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

gagelion posted:

I had to imagine someone shouting at their computer "THIS IS LITERALLY MAKING ME ANGRY!"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gagelion posted:

I wore JNCO jeans in high school. Does that make you angry?

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I wore JNCO jeans in high school. Does that make you angry?

nope

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

THS posted:

im gay
I just realized this still cracks me up, but only when THS does it.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube

ReptileChillock posted:

Mallett's Mallet is a word association game, where you musn't pause, hesitate, or repeat a word otherwise you get a bash on the head like this (Boink!) or like this (Boink!) the one with the most bruises loses.... look at each other and go Bleugh! Look at everyone at home and go Bleugh! Everyone at home look at them and go Bleugh!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

it kinda makes me angry. those things were dumb as hell

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Obscuritatem posted:

Mallett's Mallet is a word association game, where you musn't pause, hesitate, or repeat a word otherwise you get a bash on the head like this (Boink!) or like this (Boink!) the one with the most bruises loses.... look at each other and go Bleugh! Look at everyone at home and go Bleugh! Everyone at home look at them and go Bleugh!

If Timmy Mallet isn't the next British "celebrity" to get boiled alive in the child abuse accusation stuff i'll be really surprised

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Wicks posted:

because they are broken

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

ReptileChillock posted:

The most punchable face?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
First against the WAL.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

First against the WAL.

no rape jokes please.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

First against the WAL.

then against that corkboard and then the counter if her dorm is nice and has counters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

bring back the old nerds who were good at math and poo poo, now a nerd is just a person whose life is so terrible they obsess with and base their live around a singular piece of media

• Locked thread