Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ObamaCaresHugSquad posted:

"If a lion could speak, we would not understand him" - Ludwig Wittgenstein

although how different could his fuckin world be. screw you wittgenstein
lions would probably be pretty predictable, like half of them would be all poo poo man those fuckin alpha males get all the bitches and how bout those antelopes it's like they have an extra muscle in their legs or something am i right or am i right and the other half would be like :420:iron / like a lion / in zion:420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

oblique posted:

if you can switch languages at will then how is only knowing one at a time at all relevant

The answer is talk to animals so you can advance our stupid civilization by decades by communicating with octopus and dolphins.

Especially dolphins cause if we can't even wrap our heads around the communication barrier for a water dwelling mammal and humans we're totally hosed when it comes to aliens.

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
I can already talk to animals, pretty ez imo. Never heard em say anything back tho :/ Lol haha

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
yeah ill pick animals and go crazy from smelling and understanding fifty billion chemical trails and markers all at once, sure

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Effectronica posted:

yeah ill pick animals and go crazy from smelling and understanding fifty billion chemical trails and markers all at once, sure

you could literally smell autism and cancer in people with a dog nose, which sounds epic

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Effectronica posted:

I think the power comes with the assumption that you would be able to handle it. Also, the assumption you would be a vegetarian because otherwise that would be really awkward.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
yeah thats it let me talk to animals and i'll go to all the farms and be like "lol guessw hat bitch were gonna turn you into food haha lol " and ruin the surprise for them

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I think the power comes with the assumption that you would be able to handle it. Also, the assumption you would be a vegetarian because otherwise that would be really awkward.

i think that it's funnier to imagine someone making a wish on the monkey's paw, the third finger folding over, and then suddenly being bombarded with seventy different ways of saying "this is my/our territory"

and then a steer comes up and moos about how eagerly they await the slaughterhouse, for it grants them purpose in life

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I'd eat a chicken leg while staring down a hen.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I want to be able to speak only in dead languages like Latin or perhaps English

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I want to be able to speak only in dad languages

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
alien languages and then like broadcast messages into space saying "help im stranded on this gay rear end planet please :gas: us"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

alien languages and then like broadcast messages into space saying "help im stranded on this gay rear end planet please :gas: us"

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

if i could speak to animals i would use it to fix horse races

e: maybe dog races would be easier to fix

Billy Everyteen
May 6, 2009
it would be pretty sweet to be able to order a carne asada burrito without resorting to yelling, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Oberleutnant posted:

what the gently caress has an animal got to say that'd be useful to me? animals are loving retarded.

human language at will.
e: i'll talk to animals and convince them to be my personal army and make myself king actually

good luck considering the smartest of animals has the intellectual capacity of a 4 year old

maybe if it was some kind of hivemind thing instead of being able to speak chipmunk

• Locked thread